Tapology Forums

The Miscellaneous Thread

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

DamienHandel420
DamienHandel420
  • Predictions:  5,816  |  66.9%
  • Forum Posts:  7,614
  • Post Score: 262

12.21.2020 | 8:19 PM ET

This Thread Is a Thread where you can post what ever you want from  **** posting to crazy stuff . Any topic MMA related to what ever you want to talk. Try and not be toxic arsehole. And one rule No Politic allowed because that what made people ****s

Let me Start, I find it insane it like 4 days to Chrismas , Im suprise it so close to the end of the Year,  Fells like Junes.Anyone have anything cool plan for Chrissy, I’m probley just gonna mess around at the gym 

* Edited at 12.21.2020, 8:52 PM ET *

"Quack quack quack"

Responses Page 8

Drmaxis2
Drmaxis2
  • Predictions:  2,834  |  70.9%
  • Forum Posts:  558
  • Post Score: 478

01.31.2021 | 8:49 PM ET

@Hippie

Random thought at a game though, and feel free to tell me if it's **** or not. Participants pick a team of 5 fighters (no repeats so there would need to be a draft like they do in the prospect game) and it's somewhat like a combination of the Survivor game and Wagering League. The rule that's similar to the Survivor Game is that if any of the fighters on your team lose, you're eliminated so you don't want any particular weak links on your team.  Conversely, when somebody on your team wins a fight you get 1 point, so part of the trick in doing well is picking fighters that are active enough to accrue you points over the time frame of the game (could be 1 month, 6 months, or 1 year) but aren't going to screw up your whole game by losing either. Most points OR last person with none of their team losing by the end of a the time frame (TBD) wins. Any thoughts on my idea are welcome. It kind of feels a little like fantasy football too, but with higher stakes on individual team members.

"What a Grand and Intoxicating Profile"

Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry
  • Predictions:  41,881  |  69.3%
  • Forum Posts:  7,380
  • Post Score: 286

01.31.2021 | 8:58 PM ET

@Drmaxis2

That actually sounds like a cool game!

"I wish you good luck but I don't want you to rely on luck"

Hippie
Hippie

01.31.2021 | 9:11 PM ET

maybe start with 3 fighters not 5 ?

@ Drmax
Yikes!  Ok so where do “I” pick up these fighters from? What organization? I might need a bit more explaining than most.  I’ve seen the draft game & honestly don’t understand it tbh. But I’m definitely in “if” u can CLEARLY explain to me how to play. 

I’d say use 3 points, not 1. (just a idea)

So please help me understand. 🤓
Drmaxis2
Drmaxis2

01.31.2021 | 9:20 PM ET

Hippie
In theory it could be any org, but if it were purely my brain child I'd do only UFC since I just care about those fights more than others (it's also a huge common denominator for users of this site I'd imagine). I'm not sure about how it'd work in relation to "the" Draft Game on here because I don't believe I've ever seen it, but there'd be some time frame allocated for people to pick fighters, (lots would be drawn to determine the order of picking of course). Could do 3 points just to make the number totals look more impressive, but if it's the same value for getting a win for everybody then it wouldn't matter a ton. It'd also be possible to incorporate perfect picks into the scoring as well if we wanted to do that. BTW, I've just been spit-balling so far, and am not committing to running the game (but I wouldn't completely rule that possibility out either). Feel free to ask any more questions or make more suggestions, as I said, this was just an off the cuff idea I had and I'm not super stuck to any idea other than single eliminations for being wrong since I love that format. 
PS I'd probably call it, "The Weakest Link Game" or something.

Hippie
Hippie

01.31.2021 | 9:32 PM ET

Well **** **** chuck!
If ur not sure about running it but the ideas are strong in the imagination then **** it!
U sound 50/50 if the sun shines that day ur in!
Well, I don’t think that will cut it!

If u want to do it than let’s do it, if not, poof, let the idea go with the wind my friend..

Drmaxis2
Drmaxis2

01.31.2021 | 9:34 PM ET

Oh, by the way Hippie I missed your suggestion in the heading of your post. I'd say if anything I'd do more fighters rather than less since fighters fight decently infrequently so there wouldn't be a ton of movement in the game most of the time. I think 5 is probably a nice number for not too many or too few though. If the trial run of this hypothetical game went on way longer than intended before a winner was chosen I'd then add more fighters to give everybody a higher likelihood of being eliminated. The only downside of having even 5 fighters is the drafting would probably take a while, and it'd be even worse with more picks. That being said, the only real downside to that is the set up.  

Drmaxis2
Drmaxis2

01.31.2021 | 9:39 PM ET

If nobody else wanted to do it (which would probably be the case) then I'd be likely to revisit the idea at a later date. Only thing that'd be stopping me is time commitments in my actual life. 

Hippie
Hippie

01.31.2021 | 10:08 PM ET

Cool sound good mate.  Ok, let me know & maybe u can walk me through the beginning.
Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry

01.31.2021 | 10:30 PM ET

@Drmaxis2

You raise a good point about the time commitments to running a game like that. That's the same reason @poir420 wants to stop doing the Wagering League. In the case of this game, if everyone had 5 fighters, even if only 20 people played it, that's still 100 fighters to keep track of and you'd then have work out who's fighters have won and how many points they get, it sounds like a logistical nightmare to run. It sounds like a fun game to play but it might not be as fun for whoever is running it. For my PPC fantasy games, the only things I have to do is to keep track of the current game, update the group after every game (the group isn't part of the game itself, it's just a fun little side project plus I like to keep stats) and then set up a new one. Nice and easy so I still have fun doing it.

If you wanted to do a small trial run for this hypothetical game then you could maybe do one for the next couple of weeks where a smallish group of players (maybe about 10 or so) pick maybe 2 or 3 fighters each for the next few UFC events and a few other events for the next couple of weeks and see how it goes. It's smaller scale but it would give you an idea of what running it on a larger scale might feel like. 

* Edited at 01.31.2021, 10:32 PM ET *

Hippie
Hippie

01.31.2021 | 11:42 PM ET

Off subject 

Guess I’ll not bet $20 FAKE buck MONEY!

if no one can show me who won the ******* chips winner.  I know who & why “they won” just show me ******* something to go on...... GD ****!!  I know how the “game” roles..
Hippie
Hippie

01.31.2021 | 11:43 PM ET

Not easy to beat a DG bot period. 🙄
Hippie
Hippie

02.01.2021 | 12:12 AM ET

Oh **** ZERO thumbsUP, I must have not kissed @ss!!
Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry

02.01.2021 | 9:06 AM ET

@Hippie

I've upvoted your last few posts mate! Somebody gave my last post a downvote lol, **** happens!

Hippie
Hippie

02.01.2021 | 9:58 AM ET

Yikes that’s it..   I’m going SOBER starting as of today!
Damnit!
Rombu
Rombu
  • Predictions:  10,194  |  72.1%
  • Forum Posts:  1,258
  • Post Score: 303

02.01.2021 | 10:06 AM ET

@hippie

yea right xD

"the day these thick white clouds changed the climate on this planet forever" - Reggae Shark

Hippie
Hippie

02.01.2021 | 10:17 AM ET

^

Fact!  I’ll keep record on here.
Let’s do this!
Rombu
Rombu
  • Predictions:  10,194  |  72.1%
  • Forum Posts:  1,258
  • Post Score: 303

02.01.2021 | 10:27 AM ET

go get it hippie !!!

u know the sharks rooting for ya. And you know damn well how xD

"the day these thick white clouds changed the climate on this planet forever" - Reggae Shark

Hippie
Hippie

02.01.2021 | 10:35 AM ET

Thx Sir!

DamienHandel420
DamienHandel420
  • Predictions:  5,816  |  66.9%
  • Forum Posts:  7,614
  • Post Score: 262

02.01.2021 | 9:09 PM ET

I have a theory why MMA judging can be really bad sometimes, I think the judges ain't looking at huge portion or paying attention. It really effect how much you score a fight because I thought Jessica Eye was looking really good controling in the clinch in the fight with  Calderwood. But the majority of the fight i was look looking at my phone or talking to my mates so  I'm not saying Eye won or anything and I trust people actully watching the fights over me because I couldn't care less. And remeber Joe rogan said a judge wasn't looking about a year ago

* Edited at 02.01.2021, 9:09 PM ET *

"Quack quack quack"

Xconchris
Xconchris
  • Predictions:  6,246  |  67.1%
  • Forum Posts:  6,235
  • Post Score: 331

02.01.2021 | 10:22 PM ET

Hate to say it, but the UFC having thier own judges would be best. They would fire them on the spot if they ****** up. They actually did this once! They can do this is some countries. But overall, shady mma promotions hiring their own judges is a terrible idea

"Dont take life too serious, you will never make it out alive."

Page 8

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Junkie : MMA Junkie's Fight of the Month for May: Steve Erceg gives commendable test to Alexandre Pantoja at UFC 301
  • MMA Junkie : Michael Bisping: Dustin Poirier's record 'smokes' Islam Makhachev's
  • UFC.com : A SUBTLE APPROACH TO SUMMER
  • MMA Mania : Tsarukyan ‘Should Thank’ Makhachev For UFC Career
  • MMA Junkie : 'EA UFC 5' continues roster expansion with four free fighter additions
  • Middle Easy : Joe Rogan Believes It All Fell Apart for Alexander Volkanovski After the Makhachev Rematch: ‘I Thought He Won the First Time’
  • MMAFighting.com : Benoit Saint Denis eyes UFC fights in Manchester and Paris, ‘more determined than ever to become the champion’
  • Middle Easy : Jorge Masvidal Accuses Conor McGregor of PED Use Ahead of UFC 303 Return: ‘He’s Out of His Mind’
  • MMA Junkie : 'Eagle is landed': Khabib Nurmagomedov returns to corner Islam Makhachev at UFC 302
  • MMA Mania : ‘Diamond’s’ Kryptonite? Khabib Confirmed Back At UFC 302
  • MMA Junkie : Ilia Topuria on how Sean O'Malley fight would go: 'I can do with him whatever I want'
  • MMAFighting.com : Khabib Nurmagomedov will serve as cornerman for Islam Makhachev at UFC 302
  • UFC.com : This Week On UFC FIGHT PASS | May 27, 2024 - June 2, 2024
  • MMA Mania : ‘Everything Fell Apart’ For Volkanovski
  • MMAFighting.com : Talita Bernardo vs. Olga Rubin title fight headlines Invicta FC’s return in June
  • MMA Junkie : UFC 302 pre-event facts: Islam Makhachev, Dustin Poirier battle for history – and lightweight title
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 302 Embedded, episode 2: ‘It’s going to come down to does Paulo figure me out first, or do I figure him out first?’
  • MMA Junkie : PFL announces former Bellator champion Douglas Lima re-signed to new contract
  • MMA Junkie : Henry Cejudo cautions Paulo Costa against striking-only approach to Sean Strickland at UFC 302
  • MMAFighting.com : Former champ Douglas Lima inks new multi-year agreement with PFL-Bellator