Tapology Forums

Whats up tapology ! Check out my first highlight video on youtube.

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

mma2010
mma2010
  • Predictions:  1,584  |  61.7%
  • Forum Posts:  14
  • Post Score: 79

11.26.2011 | 1:23 PM ET

"Cain Velasquez G.O.A.T"

Responses

mma2010
mma2010

11.26.2011 | 1:24 PM ET

* Edited at 11.26.2011, 1:24 PM ET *

"Cain Velasquez G.O.A.T"

Anik
Anik
  • Predictions:  6,592  |  62.5%
  • Forum Posts:  17,508
  • Post Score: 160

11.26.2011 | 1:57 PM ET

Needs a lot of work, no offense. Get real footage, not videotaped off a TV. The fades ruin the pacing of the clips, and the clips themselves don't follow the beat very well. The clips gotta be shorter.

Sorry for coming across as a know-it-all, I used to make hockey videos until my hard drive crashed. In fact, I used the exact same song for one of my videos:

"الله أكبرl"

theMMAmessiah
theMMAmessiah
  • Predictions:  7,993  |  66.5%
  • Forum Posts:  8,433
  • Post Score: 103

11.26.2011 | 1:59 PM ET

Welcome! Your video was decent, liked the Eminem song you chose. Some constructive suggestions, was pretty obvious you were recording them off a computer/tv, also, it would have had a better feeling to it if you had done something to correspond the highlights to the song instead of just jamming a bunch of KO's together then putting any song over the highlight. But all in all, better than what I've ever done.
Anik
Anik

11.26.2011 | 2:05 PM ET

@theMMAmessiah

do/have you you make/made videos as well?

"الله أكبرl"

theMMAmessiah
theMMAmessiah
  • Predictions:  7,993  |  66.5%
  • Forum Posts:  8,433
  • Post Score: 103

11.26.2011 | 2:07 PM ET

No, I don't have the software on my computer, I was saying it was better than anything I have done because in fact, I've never made one. Not trying to hate on this guy or anything but if I were to put a crack into it, I'm sure it'd be just a notch below nicktheface level haha, definitely couldn't make ones like him, but I'm fairly confident in anything that I try to do, no different here.
Anik
Anik

11.26.2011 | 2:09 PM ET

Well nicktheface is effing amazing. I'm pretty ****y too, but even I think my vids are crap compared to his. Then again, I've only made one UFC vid.

"الله أكبرl"

mma2010
mma2010

11.26.2011 | 2:10 PM ET

Thanks, i knew this video has a lot of mistakes. I expected that since it was my first video. I appreciate the advice, but I don't know where to get any high quality vids. I mean I have about 40 ufc dvds and decided ill just record them. Any tips for me so I can produce a better video ? 

"Cain Velasquez G.O.A.T"

Anik
Anik

11.26.2011 | 2:29 PM ET

Make sure that the song you're using is a song you really like. Like, you have to listen to it all the time. If you know the song better, you can match the clips better with the song.

Rip the UFC dvds on your computer to use for clips, and make sure your video has a watermark on it. If you don't know how to make a watermark, go on youtube and find out. You're gonna need Photoshop and I'd supply you a link to it but I believe it's against forum rules, so just google it. Speaking of which, use torrents for clips as well. They have HD footage and they download fairly fast. I use thepiratebay.org.

And don't be lazy when making the video. If you make it all in one shot, you'll notice that the video will get worse as it goes on, only because people get annoyed or tired and just want to get it over with. I usually work 15min a day on my videos and this goes on for a couple of weeks.

"الله أكبرl"

mma2010
mma2010

11.26.2011 | 2:37 PM ET

Thanks man really informative. So i'll post the new video when its done and you can check it out. Should be done in a month. Thanks again   

"Cain Velasquez G.O.A.T"

Anik
Anik

11.26.2011 | 3:21 PM ET

no problem.

"الله أكبرl"

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Bad Left Hook : ‘People die, this isn’t a joking matter’: Devin Haney on Garcia’s failed drug test
  • Middle Easy : Ryan Garcia Tests Positive for Banned Substance Ahead of Haney Fight, Denies Any Wrongdoing
  • MMA Mania : Cursed? Not Even Poatan Could Save UFC 301
  • MMA Junkie : MMA Junkie's Submission of the Month for April: One former UFC champ makes another tap for the first time
  • MMA Mania : ‘Big Lies!’ Garcia Reportedly Tests Positive For PEDs, Boxer Responds
  • MMA Junkie : Paul Hughes explains choosing PFL over UFC offer: 'I deserve to get compensated'
  • MMAFighting.com : Ryan Garcia tests positive for banned substance in Devin Haney fight, Garcia responds
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘These are people that are trying to attack me’: Garcia claims fake news on positive PED report
  • MMAFighting.com : No Bets Barred: Will Jose Aldo and Alexandre Pantoja give Brazil something to cheer about at UFC 301?
  • MMA Junkie : Reports: Ryan Garcia tested positive for PEDs in upset win over Devin Haney
  • Bad Left Hook : Report: Ryan Garcia tests positive for banned PED
  • MMA Mania : Topuria Denies Refusal Of Volk, Holloway Responds To ‘B—ching Motherf—ker’
  • MMA Junkie : UFC 301's Steve Erceg aware of unusual title shot opportunity, still feels pressure to win
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 301 fight card: Pantoja vs. Erceg
  • UFC.com : UFC Championship Fights That Have Happened In Rio de Janeiro
  • MMAFighting.com : Alex Pereira takes down Daniel Cormier in UFC 301 hallway tussle
  • MMA Junkie : Video: Alex Pereira forces Daniel Cormier to plead for help with takedown: 'Stop this guy'
  • Middle Easy : Canelo Alvarez and Oscar De La Hoya Nearly Throw Hands in Heated Press Conference Confrontation
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 301 Embedded, episode 3: ‘I could fight right now’
  • MMA Mania : Video: Cormier Saved By Security From Pereira Manhandling