Topic: Foster vs. Roman

Foster vs. Roman

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Tapology
Tapology
  • Predictions:  0  |  0.0%
  • Forum Posts:  33,812
  • Post Score: 46

10.14.2020 | 11:52 PM ET

The official Tapology discussion thread for the event!
Foster vs. Roman
Bout   Info
(Boxing)   O'Shaquie Foster  defeats  Micky Roman via KO/TKO   2:00 Round 9/10, 26:00 Total Bout Page
(Boxing)   William Zepeda  defeats  Roberto Ramirez via KO/TKO   2:43 Round 5/10, 14:43 Total Bout Page
(Boxing)   Eduardo Hernandez  defeats  Eddie Garza via KO/TKO, Body Shot   2:37 Round 3 of 10, 8:37 Total Bout Page
(Boxing)   Marco Deckmann  defeats  Cristiano Pedro via Decision, Unanimous   6 Rounds, 12:00 Total Bout Page

Responses

2020.10.14 11:53 PM ET

bout announced

O'Shaquie Foster vs. Micky Roman
2020.10.14 11:55 PM ET

bout announced

Roberto Ramirez vs. William Zepeda
2020.11.09 11:21 PM ET

bout rumored

Eddie Garza vs. Eduardo Hernandez
2020.11.16 11:55 AM ET

bout announced

Cristiano Pedro vs. Marco Deckmann
Mikey1903
Mikey1903
  • Predictions:  49,373  |  73.2%
  • Forum Posts:  9,138
  • Post Score: 300

11.17.2020 | 6:23 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 3 of 4 Winners, 1 Perfect, 205 Points   |   31st Place

Foster vs. Roman
Mickey Roman, TKO, R6
I guess people don't know who Mickey Roman is then?? Only 1 of Mexicos best action fighters of the past 10 years!!! Still ranked in the top 10. But, yeah, you guys know better

Ramirez vs. Zepeda
Roberto Ramirez, DEC
Man, this is another 50/50 fight. Yes, Zepeda is undefeated but against who!??? Nobody, thats who!! Ramirez has 2 losses, to 2 former World Title challengers, and he has by far and away the best win of the 2. Ko'ing former WBC Lightweight World Champion Dejan Zlaticanin in 2 rounds!! Zlaticanin was a legit World Champion who's only other defeat was to P4P Mikey Garcia and Ramirez finished him quicker!!

Pedro vs. Deckmann
Cristiano Pedro, DEC
Another Fight where the record is not the fight. Just go on BoxRec, I put the link right there for you all to check! Look at Deckmans last fight, see that? He lost to a 1-7 journeyman! Not only that he put him on his arse 2x!!! Deckmann is more of a fitness model than a proboxer. He probably wins here but there is just as much of a chance he gets put on his arse again!

"Sometimes maybe good, sometimes maybe ****! "

2020.11.17 6:23 PM ET

bout status update

Garza vs. Hernandez Changed from Rumored to Confirmed
2020.11.19 6:42 AM ET

event picks deadline updated

Fantasy picks now lock at Thursday, November 19 at 7:30pm ET
a***
a***
  • Predictions:  1,198  |  77.8%
  • Forum Posts:  93
  • Post Score: 201

11.19.2020 | 10:51 AM ET

Foster vs. Roman

Predictions: 0 of 2 Winners, 0 Perfect, 0 Points   |   Tied for 88th

Luis Miguel Roman Portillo, TKO, R9

I think the decisive factor in Roman's victory will be the high pace of the fight and his endurance, if he can impose a tight fight with infighting. On Foster's side is his anthropometry (height, reach) and, possibly,  refereeing is  promoted by DiBella Entertainment

Foster (17-2, 10 KOs), who resides in Houston, Texas, defeated Puerto Rico’s Alberto Mercado by unanimous decision in his last bout on December 5. He has won his last seven bouts, including a victory over the highly touted prospect Jon Fernandez of Spain.The 27-year-old believes he is amongst the best at 130 pounds and hopes to face any of the world titleholders should he convincingly defeat Roman.“I am so excited to return to the ring and show everyone that I’m the best at 130,” said Foster, who was an alternate for the U.S. Olympic team and is promoted by DiBella Entertainment. “I’ve sparred with the top guys in this weight class and put in a lot of work over the last year. I’m excited to showcase my talent as the main event on a new series.”

Roman (62-13, 47 KOs) last fought on September 7 of last year, defeating former junior bantamweight titleholder Tomas Rojas by unanimous decision in his hometown of Ciudad Juarez, Mexico. The 34-year-old has won his last two bouts since losing by knockout to WBC titleholder Miguel Berchelt in November 2018.Despite suffering a loss to then-world titleholder Takashi Miura in January 2017, Roman believes that he can take advantage of a second opportunity and is convinced that Foster will not stand in his way.“I’m very excited to be back in the ring and guarantee it will be a war that I won’t lose,” said Roman, who is promoted by Promociones del Pueblo. “There’s no way to beat me when I’m hungrier than ever and training like never before.”

* Edited at 11.19.2020, 10:53 AM ET *

aRush
aRush
  • Predictions:  2,933  |  70.5%
  • Forum Posts:  188
  • Post Score: 229

11.19.2020 | 1:11 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 2 of 4 Winners, 0 Perfect, 100 Points   |   Tied for 79th

Foster vs. Roman
Mickey Roman, TKO, R8
For this one I am sure it could go either way but I think the experience of Mickey Roman will outweigh the skill of Foster and Mickey will finish the fight in the late rounds. That being said, I predict that Foster will be wearing some pretty damn flashy shorts as per usual.

Ramirez vs. Zepeda
Roberto Ramirez, DEC
This is a tough one. I usually do not bet against the undefeated, but when you point out the fighters that each has faced I believe Ramirez will take this.

Pedro vs. Deckmann
Marco Deckmann, TKO, R4
Even with coming out of a big upset of a loss a little over a year ago, I think Deckmann will pull this off. Sometimes those kind of losses teach a fighter about themselves and they can learn from their mistakes. I believe that we will see an improved and humbled Deckmann.

"Nothing worth having comes easy."

2020.11.19 2:31 PM ET

event start time updated

From Thursday, November 19 at 8:00pm ET to Thursday, November 19 at 9:00pm ET
C4po
C4po
  • Predictions:  129  |  74.4%
  • Forum Posts:  136
  • Post Score: 102

11.19.2020 | 3:55 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 0 of 1 Winners, 0 Perfect, 0 Points   |   Tied for 88th

Foster vs. Roman
Mickey Roman, TKO, R7
1filip.barak@gmail.com

This user is suspended from posting until 6 months, 3 weeks, 2 days, 1 hour, and 34 minutes from now.
Stephen Terry
Stephen Terry
  • Predictions:  42,053  |  69.3%
  • Forum Posts:  7,403
  • Post Score: 286

11.19.2020 | 7:19 PM ET

Pink Predictions

Predictions: 4 of 4 Winners, 0 Perfect, 215 Points   |   Tied for 19th with 11 others

"I wish you good luck but I don't want you to rely on luck"

2020.11.19 9:39 PM ET

bout result

William Zepeda defeats Roberto Ramirez via KO/TKO at 2:43 of Round 5
2020.11.19 9:40 PM ET

bout result

Marco Deckmann defeats Cristiano Pedro via 4 Round Decision
2020.11.19 10:01 PM ET

bout result

Eduardo Hernandez defeats Eddie Garza via KO/TKO at 2:37 of Round 3

weigh-in result

Eddie Garza: 129.0 lbs (58.5 kgs)

weigh-in result

Eduardo Hernandez: 130.0 lbs (59.0 kgs)
2020.11.19 11:00 PM ET

bout result

O'Shaquie Foster defeats Micky Roman via KO/TKO at 2:00 of Round 9

weigh-in result

O'Shaquie Foster: 130.0 lbs (59.0 kgs)

weigh-in result

Micky Roman: 129.0 lbs (58.5 kgs)
JayHyde3858
JayHyde3858
  • Predictions:  2,272  |  77.1%
  • Forum Posts:  1,238
  • Post Score: 161

11.19.2020 | 11:27 PM ET

Brilliant Stoppage by O Shaquie Foster in Round 9 against the extremely durable, hard working, determined, grity, pressure applying Mexican, Miguel 'Mickey' Roman a few moments ago... Foster made a statement with his slick moving, fast punching, performance... Roman never wanted to quit and was willing to go out and try and force the action, but Foster was a level above on the night, had fantastic rhythm to his style and proved that he his a legitimate Contender ready for a World Title Shot at Super Featherweight in the Not too distant future... Would love to watch Foster fight Shakur Stevenson, that would be a fantastic fight, with plenty of skills and talent on display..

Earlier in the evening, William Zepeda also produced another Stoppage on his record, precisely 20 out of 22 straight victories, by halting fellow tough Mexican, Roberto Ramirez... Zepeda is a Golden Boy promoted fighter, who fights Southpaw and who produces constant pressure, with good technique, decent foot movement and strong ring IQ... He ultimately performed very well on the evening, finishing the fight with Ramirez positioned against the Ropes towards the end of Round No. 5, when the corner of Ramirez waved off the contest with the Towel shown, as Zepeda was starting to land shot after shot, with no real return (see Boxrec for Round Result)

Great action from Freddie Roach's Wildcard Gym, in California, USA... Shawn Porter (current Welterweight World Title Contender and previously 2 Time World Champion in the Welterweight Division) sounded great on commentary too, giving expert analysis throughout each of the bouts.... 🤔😷🥊👊👏👏👊

"If you find yourself in a fairly even fight... You didn't plan your mission properly!! 🥊👊👍"

a***
a***
  • Predictions:  1,198  |  77.8%
  • Forum Posts:  93
  • Post Score: 201

11.20.2020 | 10:17 AM ET

Foster vs. Roman

Predictions: 0 of 2 Winners, 0 Perfect, 0 Points   |   Tied for 88th

Wild Card Boxing, Los Angeles, USA. In the main event of the debut edition of the show Ring City, American featherweight fighter (up to 59 kg) O'Shakee Foster (18-2, 11 KO) early defeated the hardened Mexican multiple ex-contender slugger Miguel Roman (62-14, 47 KO). Events before the fight, perhaps, turned out to be even more interesting than the fight itself. 24 hours before the fight, Foster's team told the Athletic Commission that both pairs of Roman's gloves did not meet the standards - with little or no filler. The California Athletic Commission agreed with the American's arguments, confiscated both pairs, and gave Roman backup ones (according to one version, he even boxed in the second pair of opponent's gloves). The battle itself began unexpectedly. Instead of an aggressive swoop from the slugger, Foster began to work as the first number - already in the opening round he sent Roman to the canvas. The Mexican got to his feet not without problems, a gong saved him from surrender already at the start of the battle, and during the break the veteran recovered. Foster further refuted all pre-match predictions - instead of taking advantage of anthropometry, moving, jabbing, he himself initiated a swing, in which he confidently interrupted the aggressor. It is possible that at this stage of his career (behind his back there are 75 slugfest-mahacs in the pros), Roman simply has practically no fuel left in the gas tank. By the 9th round, the fight finally turned into a one-sided beating. The novel visited the canvas again. The Mexican got to his feet, but fell under the bombardment of an opponent. The referee intervened and stopped the fight. Cool performance from the favorite. A steep start to a promising new boxing series. Foster TKO 9.
JayHyde3858
JayHyde3858
  • Predictions:  2,272  |  77.1%
  • Forum Posts:  1,238
  • Post Score: 161

11.20.2020 | 3:11 PM ET

a***, a fantastic write up... Best thing yet, Foster was 40/1 to Stop Miguel 'Mickey' Roman in Round No. 9, so a great start to the weekend... I was highly shocked and surprised with the performance Foster put in... A real Rough, Sharp Shooting 💎 who handled Roman's pressure style with physical ease and Foster has a huge future in front of him, so long as he stays dedicated to the Sport and he doesn't let any ego get in the way!! 🤔🥊👊👍

"If you find yourself in a fairly even fight... You didn't plan your mission properly!! 🥊👊👍"

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMAFighting.com : Dustin Jacoby: ‘I’m a huge Alex Pereira fan’ but Anthony Smith is right about him
  • MMA Junkie : Dominick Reyes vs. Dustin Jacoby prediction, pick, start time, odds for UFC on ESPN 57
  • MMA Mania : UFC Louisville Start Time, Full Fight Details!
  • MMAFighting.com : Missed Fists: Boxer suffers spasms after terrifying knockout punch
  • MMA Mania : KO Alert! ‘King’ Walsh Shines With Another Brutal Finish
  • MMAFighting.com : Mirela Vargas plans to ‘smash’ boxing champion Savannah Marshall at PFL Europe 2
  • MMA Junkie : On the Doorstep: 10 fighters who could make UFC with June wins
  • MMA Mania : Video! UFC 303 Promo Drop Confirms McGregor Vs. Chandler Good To Go
  • MMA Junkie : UFC on ESPN 57 predictions: Is Jared Cannonier or Nassourdine Imavov our blowout pick in Louisville?
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC Louisville predictions
  • MMA Junkie : UFC on ESPN 57 play-by-play and live results (5 p.m. ET)
  • MMA Mania : LIVE! UFC Louisville Results, Streaming Updates
  • Bad Left Hook : Zayas vs Teixeira: Live updates and results, 11 pm ET
  • Jits Magazine : Mikey Musumeci Gets Revenge With Crazy Submission Win Over Gabriel Sousa At ONE 167
  • Jits Magazine : Kade Ruotolo Dominates In MMA Debut At ONE 167
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC Louisville Results: Cannonier vs. Imavov
  • Bad Left Hook : Blair Cobbs beats Adrien Broner by decision
  • Jits Magazine : Roberto ‘Cyborg’ Abreu Cast As Fabio Gurgel In Mark Kerr Biopic ‘The Smashing Machine’
  • MMA Mania : FIGHT IS ON!
  • MMA Junkie : Joanderson Brito injury leaves Dan Ige without UFC Fight Night opponent