Topic: Emelianenko vs. Silva

Emelianenko vs. Silva Predictions

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Oddsbot
Oddsbot
  • Predictions:  8,816  |  73.9%
  • Forum Posts:  17,668
  • Post Score: 60

01.03.2011 | 1:52 PM ET

This is the official prediction commentary thread for Emelianenko vs. Silva. Let's see what you've got.

"This is the droid you're looking for."

Responses Page 4

BeastMaster
BeastMaster
  • Predictions:  1,958  |  59.8%
  • Forum Posts:  3,029
  • Post Score: 180

02.12.2011 | 8:33 PM ET

Prediction: wrong Emelianenko   wrong Submission   wrong Round 2  

I don't think they should have stopped the fight. Kos face was the same and they let it go on for 5 rounds.

"Be peaceful, be courteous, obey the law, respect everyone; but if someone lays a hand on you, send him to the cemetery."

old dirt dog
old dirt dog
  • Predictions:  447  |  66.7%
  • Forum Posts:  236
  • Post Score: 33

02.12.2011 | 8:33 PM ET

Prediction: correct Silva   correct KO/TKO   wrong Round 1  

got the upset pick but i'm still a sad dirt dog.  goodbye fedorovich.
Bigj383
Bigj383
  • Predictions:  8,546  |  63.8%
  • Forum Posts:  5,417
  • Post Score: 187

02.12.2011 | 8:36 PM ET

Prediction: wrong Emelianenko   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 2  

Maybe it's the Koscheck fight that should of been stopped rather than the Fedor fight that should of gone on. Usually it goes by one question... "Can you see?" If the answer is no the fights over. 

"It does not make sense that humans deliberately malfunction. - Upgrade"

Gregory
Gregory
  • Predictions:  6,817  |  63.3%
  • Forum Posts:  18,575
  • Post Score: 275

02.12.2011 | 8:38 PM ET

Prediction: wrong Emelianenko   wrong Submission   wrong Round 1  

@beastmaster - Tonight's fights took place in New Jersey, different athletic commission, different approach to things.

And it might make some people upset, but I think they maybe should have stopped the Koscheck fight.  If they thought he had a broken orbital bone, the fight should have been stopped.  Fighters do need to be protected and have best efforts made to not seriously damage them, even if it can ruin the show sometimes.

"I live, I die, I live again."

BeastMaster
BeastMaster
  • Predictions:  1,958  |  59.8%
  • Forum Posts:  3,029
  • Post Score: 180

02.12.2011 | 8:42 PM ET

Prediction: wrong Emelianenko   wrong Submission   wrong Round 2  

Man I was really hoping to win the contest.

"Be peaceful, be courteous, obey the law, respect everyone; but if someone lays a hand on you, send him to the cemetery."

Bigj383
Bigj383
  • Predictions:  8,546  |  63.8%
  • Forum Posts:  5,417
  • Post Score: 187

02.12.2011 | 8:43 PM ET

When Kos couldn't stand to have the end-swell on his face the fight should probably of been stopped. Of course the fight was in Canada and he did talk a lot of crap about Canada last time he was there. Maybe the Canadians were hoping GSP would end Kos permanently... 

"It does not make sense that humans deliberately malfunction. - Upgrade"

kallousklown
kallousklown
  • Predictions:  24,203  |  62.6%
  • Forum Posts:  10,967
  • Post Score: 177

02.12.2011 | 8:43 PM ET

i conpletely agree with you Greg

"Are we gonna jump, or we just gonna jerk each other off?"

Gregory
Gregory
  • Predictions:  6,817  |  63.3%
  • Forum Posts:  18,575
  • Post Score: 275

02.12.2011 | 8:48 PM ET

Prediction: wrong Emelianenko   wrong Submission   wrong Round 1  

Hard to think this way in real-time though. I bet if you ask Rogan to reflect on GSP-Koscheck, he'd say "yeah, probably should have been stopped for safety." But in the heat of the moment Rogan was like "get that crusty old doctor out of here!"

"I live, I die, I live again."

minotauro11
minotauro11
  • Predictions:  2,483  |  66.5%
  • Forum Posts:  4,493
  • Post Score: 148

02.12.2011 | 9:35 PM ET

I think it's good that they stopped it. Fedor showed nothing in that fight that could indicate that the third wouldn't be as big of a beating, if not worse due to his lack of vision. Bigfoot did a great job in that fight, and I think we shouldn't take away from his awesome performance just because of the doctor's stoppage. 

"We Are All One"

thiagosilva9794
thiagosilva9794
  • Predictions:  5,113  |  60.4%
  • Forum Posts:  11,315
  • Post Score: 142

02.13.2011 | 12:59 AM ET

Prediction: correct Silva   correct KO/TKO   correct Round 2  

perfect pick?? who the man? me!!! haha... I love it just as Brock gets beat up bad  :( so does fedor twice. WOOO!

"I really feel like I'm the most dangerous guy out there" BJ Penn........... UFC on Fox 2 event winner :)

SlackBrian
SlackBrian
  • Predictions:  411  |  63.5%
  • Forum Posts:  95
  • Post Score: 81

02.13.2011 | 2:20 AM ET

Why would you care what happens to Fedor just because you're a Lesnar fan? How is Fedor losing somehow good for Lesnar? Lesnar's still in the same position he was before last night.  All this GSP/Silva, Silva/Fedor, Fedor/Lesnar, etc, etc arguing and posturing you see on MMA forums has got to be some of the most childish stuff you can see in sports.  Why would you cheer when a guy's career ends like that? Because you're a fan of another fighter who might move up in some hypothetical and irrelevant ranking system because of it? Seems pretty petty.

We're not talking about team sports here.  These are individual people whose lives can change drastically based on just one fight.  To cheer for the end of someone's career just because it makes your fighter look better in your eyes is pretty bad, in my opinion.  It'd be like cheering when the Montreal Expos moved to Washington, simply because it made Toronto the only Canadian MLB team.  Really, it has no effect on your favourite, but it just devastated an entire side over there.  Have some respect for the end of a legend's career.

"Alistair Overeem is a Dutch kickboxer who looks like someone at Marvel comics drew a man genetically engineered to f**k your girlfriend." - Cracked

gringosmalls
gringosmalls
  • Predictions:  1,975  |  63.4%
  • Forum Posts:  27
  • Post Score: 119

02.13.2011 | 4:29 AM ET

god damn slackbrain if you keep speaking the truth like that im going to have to leave my wife for you

"That which does not kill you makes you stronger. Neitzsche "

LoneRonin
LoneRonin
  • Predictions:  3,222  |  62.3%
  • Forum Posts:  1,171
  • Post Score: 104

02.13.2011 | 9:38 AM ET

I hate to see Fedor retire. Hes been my favorite fighter since I saw him fight Semmy way back in the early 2000's. Like I said in another thread Id like to see him go down to LHW so he isn't giving up 30-50lbs to guys, but I don't see Fedor doing that. Credit to Silva he did a hell of job in that fight and deserved the win. I just wish it hadnt been due to a doctor stoppage.
thiagosilva9794
thiagosilva9794

02.13.2011 | 9:59 AM ET

@SlackBrian No dude it wasnt meant to come out like that i like Silva i was going for him & i just didnt wana be seeing all this stuff about oh now theres no arguement etc i dont really care........... I dont think he is done anyway & i wasnt trying to be disrespectful sorry...

"I really feel like I'm the most dangerous guy out there" BJ Penn........... UFC on Fox 2 event winner :)

jeremy
jeremy
  • Predictions:  1,062  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  819
  • Post Score: 168

02.13.2011 | 5:52 PM ET

haha.  even a stopped clock is right once a day.  (or is it twice).

"Damn right I like the life I live / Cause I went from negative to positive."

thiagosilva9794
thiagosilva9794

02.13.2011 | 10:38 PM ET

aw 2 perfects beside each other its beautiful jeremy haahah.

bklettke
bklettke
  • Predictions:  2,109  |  64.7%
  • Forum Posts:  1,761
  • Post Score: 117

02.14.2011 | 3:47 AM ET

Prediction: correct Silva   wrong Decision  

Damn athletic comission ruined my perfect pick. Going to watch the fight on the net right now after reading. I don't think Fedor is done yet no matter how bad people are saying it is. M1 will find a way to make him fight one more time and suck some money out of him. If he loses 3 in a row though, he'll finally tell them he's done. Gotta agree with Dana White on this one, M1 Global F-bombed his career since Pride diminished.

Page 4

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Middle Easy : Alexander Volkanovski Will ‘Save The Day’ For UFC 303 Under One Condition
  • MMA Junkie : Eddie Alvarez confident Arman Tsarukyan beats UFC lightweight champion Islam Makhachev
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘Shoot you in your sh-t’: Broner makes gun threats towards Cobbs at final presser
  • MMAFighting.com : Jamahal Hill blasts Alex Pereira’s UFC 300 knockout celebration, issues $20,000 challenge to fans ‘talking sh*t’
  • MMA Junkie : UFC adds Drew Dober vs. Mike Davis to July 13 lineup in Denver
  • UFC.com : Episode 1 Recap | The Ultimate Fighter Season 32
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘Like an animal going into the slaughter house’: Riakporhe says Billam-Smith can’t stop what’s coming
  • MMA Mania : White Angers Fans With Dopey Denver Update
  • MMAFighting.com : Demetrious Johnson: Dustin Poirier ‘absolutely’ a Hall of Famer with or without UFC title
  • MMA Junkie : Henry Cejudo says Sean Strickland's UFC 302 win over Paulo Costa was a 'snoozefest'
  • MMA Mania : Predictions, Odds, Analysis! UFC Louisville, X-Factor
  • MMAFighting.com : The MMA Hour with Curtis Blaydes, Arman Tsarukyan, Michael Chiesa, David Feldman, Savannah Marshall, and more at 1 p.m. ET
  • MMA Mania : Hill: ‘Poatan’ KO Off ‘Confusing Moment’ Was ‘Weak S—’
  • MMAFighting.com : Morning Report: Alexander Volkanovski ‘100 percent’ would step in at UFC 303 if needed: ‘I just love saving the day’
  • MMA Mania : Volkanovski Ready To ‘Save The Day’ At UFC 303
  • MMA Mania : Midnight Mania! Chandler Retreats To Nashville Amidst McGregor Rumors
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC announces several new bouts for Denver card in July
  • MMAFighting.com : The Ultimate Fighter 32: Alexa Grasso vs. Valentina Shevchenko Episode 1 results
  • Middle Easy : Kayla Harrison Reacts to Donn Davis Calling Her a ‘Follower,’ Willing to Fight Amanda Nunes at UFC 303
  • MMA Junkie : UFC Denver official with Maycee Barber vs. Rose Namajunas main event