Topic: Training & Technique

was instructor trying to injure me

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

joe45
joe45
  • Predictions:  0  |  0.0%
  • Forum Posts:  1
  • Post Score: 200

05.08.2019 | 1:55 PM ET

was doing a kick boxing class and the student i was paired up with had a strong roundhouse kick, i was holding thai pads for him. i told the student to kick lighter and he did as it was hurting my arms, but instructor came along and edged him to kick harder even when student said yea he cant handle the kick . i could take it for 6 kicks but after that my arms started to really hurt. i evaded one kick as it was too hard and instructor said you need toughen up. 

i think instructor was trying in injure me. my arm is bruised also got feeling instructor doesnt like me as he didnt come along and give me pointers in my technique but he did with other studentss

whats your thoughts.

Responses

ImperatorFishrat
ImperatorFishrat
  • Predictions:  7,002  |  63.2%
  • Forum Posts:  14,546
  • Post Score: 236

05.08.2019 | 4:55 PM ET

How many sessions had you done before this happened? If it was less than ten sessions you shouldn't have been involved in any kind of sparring at all, even holding pads.That's a skill in itself. I've never trained Muay Thai but I definitely wouldn't want a rookie holding pads for me at the Boxing Gym. It's a but like ping pong; it doesn't matter how good you are, if the other person sucks, you will too.For the first 10-20 sessions you should just be drilling  patterns and combinations. Getting you to hold pads straight out the gate is stupid and reckless. If that's the case find a new Gym.

* Edited at 05.08.2019, 5:45 PM ET *

This user is suspended from posting until 8 years, 9 months, 3 weeks, 4 days, 19 hours, and 56 minutes from now.
freemoneyforall
freemoneyforall
  • Predictions:  9,037  |  63.9%
  • Forum Posts:  11,680
  • Post Score: 207

05.08.2019 | 10:54 PM ET

Sounds like he's giving what they use to call tough love. And there's a big difference between kick boxing classes and may Thai training. If it's must Thai you're taking I'd get use to the pain if I was u.
Or move on. In my experience in any discipline they go hard on u in the beginning to weed out the quitters.
Unless you're a kid.
Could be weeks before the head coach or lead instructor even talks to u.

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Jits Magazine : ADCC Organizer And Fight 2 Win Head Seth Daniels Sends Death Threats To Craig Jones
  • MMA Mania : UFC Louisville: Bad Stoppage Kills Cannonier’s Title Bid
  • MMA Mania : ‘$2 Million Headbutt’ Kept Oliveira Off MSG Card
  • MMA Junkie : 2024 PFL 4: Make your predictions for heavyweights and women's flyweights in Connecticut
  • MMA Mania : Matches To Make After UFC Louisville
  • MMA Junkie : Punahele Soriano contemplated retirement prior to UFC on ESPN 57 win: 'I felt so much pressure'
  • MMA Junkie : Dana White hopes Tony Ferguson retires after UFC on ABC 7 regardless of result
  • MMAFighting.com : Video: Anderson Silva open workout ahead of Chael Sonnen boxing match
  • MMA Mania : Cig Smoking UFC Fighter Wins $50k Bonus
  • MMA Mania : Cig Smoking Fighter Finds Out He Won $50k Bonus
  • MMA Junkie : Brunno Ferreira calls for Bo Nickal after spinning-elbow KO at UFC on ESPN 57
  • MMAFighting.com : Saul Milton of Chase & Status talks MMA fandom, Tyson Fury walking out to ‘Baddadan’ for Francis Ngannou fight
  • MMA Junkie : UFC on ESPN 57 post-event facts: Punahele Soriano sets multiple new all-time UFC records
  • MMA Junkie : Sergio Pettis reflects on Rizin 47 loss to Kyoji Horiguchi: 'It's an eye-opener'
  • MMA Mania : Aspinall Copying Edwards’ Plan For Late UFC 304 Start Time
  • MMA Junkie : Mick Maynard's Shoes: What's next for Jared Cannonier after UFC on ESPN 57 loss?
  • MMA Junkie : Photos: Best of UFC's Raul Rosas Jr.
  • MMAFighting.com : Calvin Kattar vs. Kyle Nelson on tap for Sept. 7 UFC event
  • MMA Junkie : Raul Rosas Jr. says Ricky Turcios claimed illness, staph infection after submission loss at UFC on ESPN 57
  • MMAFighting.com : Bruno Silva appeal denied, result in Chris Weidman fight remains technical decision loss