Topic: Mina vs. Emeev

Mina vs. Emeev

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Oddsbot
Oddsbot
  • Predictions:  8,619  |  73.7%
  • Forum Posts:  17,552
  • Post Score: 60

05.06.2018 | 12:48 PM ET

This is the official discussion thread for Mina vs. Emeev. Let's see what you've got.

"This is the droid you're looking for."

Responses

Down Hill
Down Hill
  • Predictions:  2,994  |  60.3%
  • Forum Posts:  36
  • Post Score: 142

05.06.2018 | 12:48 PM ET

Prediction: correct Emeev   correct Decision  

Ramazan Emeev win via decision or submission over 2.5 rounds OR Alberto Mina win by KO in rd 1. Tale of the tape: Alberto is 35, 6 ft, with a 77.5 inch reach. Ramazan is 30, 5’10 or 5’11, with a 76 inch reach. Alberto is 13-0 & is 3-0 in the ufc. His record is padded. It is notable that ⅔ of his ufc opponents were 40 years of age… basically, he’s had easy opponents in the ufc that aren’t competitive anymore. Alberto made his mma debut in 2005 but does not fight frequently. Alberto hasn’t fought since July 2016. From 2008-2016 he fights only once per year. Ramazan comes from a sambo background & started training in freestyle wrestling at age 6. Alberto comes from a jiu-jitsu background. Ramazan made his ufc debut in the middleweight division where he beat Sam Alvey by decision. This fight will be at welterweight. Alberto is probably going to have ring rust since in all 3 of his ufc fights he has ring rust, endurance suck, & was very sloppy in his striking (or is his striking generally sloppy to begin with?) Who’s the superior striker? Answer: Neither, hard to tell… since Alberto rarely fights. Defense - slight edge for Ramazan … mainly because he has better endurance, head movement, & judgement in distance to evade punches. Offense - slight edge for Alberto due to higher volume, more variety, carries more power in his punches/kicks, & aggression. Ramazan is an aggressive grappler but not an aggressive striker. Between the two, Alberto is more comfortable in striking with his opponents as he likes to engage in brawls while Ramazan is hesitant & throws more feints than actual punches. Would not be surprised if rd 1 Alberto gets the better of the exchanges in the stand-up with his brawl but then gas out and rd 3 Ramazan takes over with his grappling & get the stoppage victory. Summary of Ramazan’s striking: His striking is very one-dimensional & can be a bit boring to watch mainly because of his low volume, too much feints, & either throws jabs or hooks… he has little variety in his strikes. Ramazan fights at an orthodox stance, chin tucked sometimes, a lot of hand gestures (feints), very flat-footed as he walks forward usually pressuring his opponents with his takedown attempts, low volume in strikes thrown, uses more feints than actual attacks thrown (this is a huge problem), almost no combinations, all his shots are usually jabs or step-in hooks, over head hunts… does not mix punches to the body, rarely throws any kicks, does not check leg kicks, likes to use his jab or step-in hooks to immediately close the distance & clinch with his opponents & then transition to takedowns. His striking is awful but his feints are good. He’ll rush in for step-in hooks leaving his chin exposed & he doesn’t time his punches. In an ideal fight, Ramazan would like to use his jabs to close the distance into the clinch position & then secure a takedown against an opponent with no takedown defense or has bad endurance. Ramazan’s striking isn’t much of a threat if he can’t go for takedowns. The only two area of his stand-up that I’m impress with are: 1.) his feints 2.) defense / judgement in distance. He has good judgement in distance which allows him to move slightly just out of harm’s way & head movement. Summary of Alberto’s striking: can’t say much since he hasn’t fought since mid-2016 & fights on average only 1x per year. Alberto fights at an orthodox stance, explosive in rd 1, & has terrible defense with little head movement. He likes to lunge in with his torso overextended & chin high up throwing punches repeatedly from the same arm which can catch opponents off guard but it leaves him vulnerable to takedowns & counter-punched. He has a lot of variety in his attacks from step-in elbows, uppercuts, body kicks, leg kicks, flying knees, fake a takedown & follow up with an overhand right, does not know how to pace himself… by rd 2 he’s completely exhausted. Who’s the superior grappler? Answer: Ramazan Emeev… mainly because he has the wrestling advantage, endurance, & is the more frequent fighter. Alberto Mina might be the superior jiu-jitsu fighter, but in mma jiu-jitsu once you add in strikes, wrestling, & endurance I would say Ramazan has better mma jiu-jitsu. Ramazan actually does a good job fighting off his back when taken down… from videos I’ve seen back when he was in M-1 Challenge. I don’t think Alberto has the endurance to outgrapple Ramazan. The longer the fight goes + more grappling = better for Ramazan. Although Ramazan likes to take the fight to the ground, he’s not a dangerous submission threat or known for heavy ground & pound. He prefers to maintain top control. Who has better endurance? Answer: Ramazan… by a lot. Again, from 2008-2016, Alberto only fights once per year. He hasn’t fought in nearly 2 years & when he does fight it’s only once per year. In all 3 of Alberto’s ufc wins he was gassed out by round 2. 2014 he makes his ufc debut…. he gassed out in rd 1 beating Shinsho Anzai by KO… both were tired, on wobbly legs, & wasn’t technical at all. A year later, 2015, he fights 40 year old Yoshihiro Akiyama and beats him by split decision. In that fight in rd 3 he was completely gassed out & was in survival mode as Yoshiro was on top of him landing punches. He got saved by the bell. A year later, 2016, he fights 40 year old Mike Pyle & KO’s him in rd 2 with a flying knee. I believe endurance & grappling will be the deciding factor of this fight. Who has a better chin? Answer: Ramazan… even though Ramazan has 1 loss by tko it was in the 4rth round after he took a heavy beating on the feet… to his credit he was still on his feet standing as the ref stopped the fight… he was never knocked down or unconscious. Alberto’s questionable gas tank, wobbly legs when he fought Shinsho, barely survived rd 3 against Yoshihiro, & 35 years of age makes me believe he won’t recover if he’s rocked. However, Ramazan isn’t a dangerous striker so I don’t think Ramazan can KO him on the feet… Ramazan is more likely to wrestle him down to the ground & land ground£ on him causing the ref to stop the fight by tko. Who’s more likely to get a stoppage victory? Answer: Alberto Mina. Why? He’s explosive. Out of his 13 wins, 12 have come by stoppage… 6 tko/ko, 6 submission, & 1 by decision. Whereas Ramazan fights pretty safe… out of his 16 wins he has 10 stoppage victories… 3 by tko/ko, 7 by submission, 6 by decision. How I see the fight going down: 2 possibilities: I’m going with b.) Ramazan wins & Alberto’s 0 will go. a.) Alberto KO’s Ramazan in rd 1 with his explosiveness. Doubtful… Ramazan has a good chin & good judgement in distance. b.) Ramazan scores takedowns in every round & lands a few ground & pound. Alberto won’t be able to stand-back up if taken down in rd 2 or 3 because of his cardio. Maybe in rd 1 when he’s still explosive. Ramazan will make Alberto carry his weight, drain his cardio by constantly grappling with him, Alberto has ring rust, & from rd 2-3 it’s a one-sided domination on the ground as Alberto is too tired to mount any offense. Ramazan will either get a stoppage victory in rd 3 or win by dominant decision because of his top control … not even bias judges can steal a win for Alberto if it goes the distance. If this fight goes the distance, I can’t imagine Alberto winning because of his terrible cardio.
AnAlias
AnAlias
  • Predictions:  7,888  |  63.4%
  • Forum Posts:  8,737
  • Post Score: 246

05.06.2018 | 1:02 PM ET

**** man. Paragraphs are your friend. 
jodybanman
jodybanman
  • Predictions:  3,332  |  61.2%
  • Forum Posts:  1,707
  • Post Score: 237

05.06.2018 | 1:14 PM ET

That post went downhill quickly.

"I don't want to have to do this living. I just walk around. I want to be swept off my feet, you know? I want my children to have magical powers. I am prepared for amazing things to happen. I can handle it."

Gregory
Gregory
  • Predictions:  6,817  |  63.3%
  • Forum Posts:  18,563
  • Post Score: 275

05.06.2018 | 1:58 PM ET

Prediction: correct Emeev   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 2  

To their defense, I think these comments were added on the "make picks" page and I don't know if paragraphs survive after you submit the picks.

"I live, I die, I live again."

MassaBruce
MassaBruce

05.06.2018 | 2:43 PM ET

Interesting that Emeev is dropping down to WW. Though it was kind of boring, you could say he beat a LHW in his UFC debut. Alvey was stumped 10 seconds in. Mina is wild and has some cardio issues. Ramazan is maybe too technical for his own good. imo way too picky on his shot selection. Could Mina knock Emeev out, absolutely. But I expect Ramazan to do his thing and once again show off his technical striking en route via another unanimous decision. 
This user is suspended from posting until 5 years, 5 months, 1 week, 6 days, 11 hours, and 10 minutes from now.
Shaolin86
Shaolin86
  • Predictions:  4,987  |  63.5%
  • Forum Posts:  1,090
  • Post Score: 125

05.06.2018 | 3:48 PM ET

Mina's last couple wins were against guys on the very last leg of their careers after being in several grueling fights. Way to break it down though Down Hill. I think I've seen you on Will Martin's channel on youtube. Putting in that extra work. I think Emeev takes a decision.
mulefloyd
mulefloyd
  • Predictions:  15,489  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  8,788
  • Post Score: 180

05.06.2018 | 3:59 PM ET

Maybe I'm profiling but after watching ACB yesterday, reading the rambling post above, and remembering the Alvey fight, I fully expect a complete bore fest. Hate it when the best description of a fight or fighter involve the use of words like: control, maintain, or neutralize. Reminds me of the vast waste of talent that GSP became.

And whose off on Emeev's reach? According to us, Mina will have a 9 inch reach advantage. That should be significant.

Mina does fight infrequently and that should be a concern but the Pyle fight was much beter than the Emeev/Alvey debacle and Akiyama is hardly your typical 40 year old. 

"Grammar. The difference between knowing your **** and knowing you're ****."

ImperatorFishrat
ImperatorFishrat
  • Predictions:  7,002  |  63.2%
  • Forum Posts:  14,546
  • Post Score: 236

05.06.2018 | 4:53 PM ET

Well I'm taking Mina. He's a BJJ guy who can strike and has lots of KO finishes and has never been finished by strikes. Or by anything else.

Hope he's the dog going into this, there's value there.

This user is suspended from posting until 8 years, 11 months, 6 days, 21 hours, and 55 minutes from now.
ShakeANDBake720
ShakeANDBake720
  • Predictions:  10,115  |  65.8%
  • Forum Posts:  1,838
  • Post Score: 235

05.08.2018 | 12:44 PM ET

At first glance this is a tricky fight to predict based on their records. But the more I like into it the more I'm convinced Emeev will run through him. Mina's record isn't very impressive 2 of his 3 UFC opponents are now retired and were in their 40s and Anazai is such a "meh" fighter. He couldnt even beat Akiyama convincingly.And Akiyama's actual UFC record was 1-5 we all know he lost to Alan Belcher.

"Duck, I want to sleep with my wife tonight,"

Seoul
Seoul
  • Predictions:  2,099  |  59.7%
  • Forum Posts:  4
  • Post Score: 0

05.08.2018 | 3:48 PM ET

Prediction: wrong Mina   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 1  

You
lldowntoearthll
lldowntoearthll
  • Predictions:  3,939  |  60.5%
  • Forum Posts:  1,376
  • Post Score: 39

05.10.2018 | 12:18 AM ET

I always pick against Mina based on inactivity and mediocre competition, also thought he lost to sexyama.
Down Hill
Down Hill
  • Predictions:  2,994  |  60.3%
  • Forum Posts:  36
  • Post Score: 142

05.12.2018 | 5:03 PM ET

i copy and paste onto tapology. Which is why it looks like a mess. Can't paragraph on tapology. Sorry! 
ImperatorFishrat
ImperatorFishrat
  • Predictions:  7,002  |  63.2%
  • Forum Posts:  14,546
  • Post Score: 236

05.12.2018 | 5:22 PM ET

Keep em' coming down. At least you take the time to give an in-depth explanation of why you pick the way you do which isnmore than a large section of the lazy ****s on this site can be bothered to do. I'll still read uour breakdowns even if nobody else does.
This user is suspended from posting until 8 years, 11 months, 6 days, 21 hours, and 55 minutes from now.

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Mania : Borralho Vs. Craig Betting Odds, Breakdown, Prediction
  • MMA Mania : Inspirational Pereira ‘Not Worried’ About Legacy Talk
  • MMA Mania : White ‘Probably A Little Mad’ About McGregor BKFC Deal
  • MMAFighting.com : Jairzinho Rozenstruik plans to reconnect with ‘my real power source’ in Suriname, return against a top heavyweight
  • MMA Junkie : Karine Silva will keep 'unreachable' callout secret for one more fight after UFC on ESPN 55
  • MMA Mania : Matches To Make After UFC Vegas 91
  • MMA Mania : Matches To Maker After UFC Vegas 91
  • MMA Junkie : Ketlen Souza unwilling to take breaks after scoring first octagon win at UFC on ESPN 55
  • MMAFighting.com : Bogdan Guskov promises to keep delivering exciting fights after UFC Vegas 91 win: ‘I love blood’
  • MMA Junkie : UFC on ESPN 55 winner Maheshate felt 'extra burden' after consecutive losses
  • MMA Mania : Covington On ‘Nobody’ Garry: ‘He’s Not Serious’
  • MMAFighting.com : Bryan Barberena announces UFC exit, calls for ‘real brawler’ BKFC battle with Mike Perry
  • MMA Junkie : Austin Hubbard admits he was 'super nervous, stressed out' before UFC on ESPN 55 win
  • MMA Junkie : Charly Arnolt details historic impromptu UFC cage announcer role: 'I was scared of messing up'
  • MMAFighting.com : Paddy Pimblett responds to UFC 300 callouts from Renato Moicano, Bobby Green
  • MMA Junkie : 'LokDog' Vinicius Oliveira gets Ricky Simon in first fight since UFC Knockout of the Year candidate
  • MMA Junkie : UFC on ESPN 55 winner Don'Tale Mayes wants quick return on hometown Louisville card
  • MMA Mania : ‘My Style, It’s Worst Style For This Guy Dustin’
  • MMAFighting.com : Thiago Alves retires from combat sports after Mike Perry knockout loss at KnuckleMania 4
  • MMA Junkie : Video: Ryan Garcia shows Colby Covington left hooks after Donald Trump meetup in Florida