Topic: Emelianenko vs. Rogers

KABOOM !

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

USMC
USMC
  • Predictions:  804  |  60.6%
  • Forum Posts:  170
  • Post Score: 58

12.16.2010 | 12:23 AM ET

Responses

caruso1337
caruso1337
  • Predictions:  336  |  60.7%
  • Forum Posts:  6
  • Post Score: 50

12.16.2010 | 3:21 AM ET

He has got so much more to give IMO, i will die happy if he at least signs a 3 fight deal with the UFC.

"As we let our own lights shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same."

Gregory
Gregory
  • Predictions:  6,817  |  63.3%
  • Forum Posts:  18,565
  • Post Score: 275

12.16.2010 | 4:16 AM ET

Prediction: correct Emelianenko   wrong Submission   wrong Round 1  

Rogers didn't look the same in his next fight. Fedor took his mojo.

"I live, I die, I live again."

USMC
USMC

12.16.2010 | 6:08 AM ET

On some level, I'd be happy if he never gives Dana White the satisfaction of signing him... 

I want to see the guy avenge his loss to Werdum... fight Overeem... and in a perfect world,  after the fighters form a fighter's union that effectively allows for cross-promotion fights to happen, I'd like to see him fight Velasquez or dos Santos for the first ever true World Title.
raray
raray
  • Predictions:  193  |  63.2%
  • Forum Posts:  187
  • Post Score: 26

12.16.2010 | 7:27 AM ET

Yeah, if only Fedor were in a contract situation that allowed him to fight cross-promotionally THEN we'd see him fight the best available competition more often! /sarcasm

"Any rational society would either kill me or put me to some use."

DreadPirate
DreadPirate
  • Predictions:  156  |  60.3%
  • Forum Posts:  18
  • Post Score: 28

12.16.2010 | 7:57 AM ET

sick of fedor's management keeping him away from the biggest action.  they are a bunch of gangsters.  eastern promises.

"I don't talk I walk whatever I came to do / Knock a mule on its ass and turn a !%&@# black and blue" Redman

bklettke
bklettke
  • Predictions:  2,109  |  64.7%
  • Forum Posts:  1,761
  • Post Score: 117

12.16.2010 | 8:42 AM ET

Fedor is done unless he starts fighting more than once a year. It was only a matter of time before he got caught, i don't think he'd be able to stand in a fight with Overeem and i certainly don't think he'd be able to hang wiht Cain's wrestling or JDS's striking. The guy needs to evolve, he's just like Chael Sonnen: training in the same camp with the same washed up fighters for his entire career. Fedor had a chance to be the best HW in the world and he was for several years, but its come and gone and no matter what he says he'll regret it down the road. Damn Russians! LOL
Gregory
Gregory

12.16.2010 | 8:51 AM ET

@blettke I do agree that Fedor could improve his game by changing up how he trains and prepares for fights.  But I don't think he will regret anything about his career.  He seems like a pretty satisfied person who doesn't care much about his image or being a superstar.

USMC
USMC

12.16.2010 | 9:56 AM ET

Fedor, as other fighters do, decide who they fight...

... to president Dana White's dismay, in interviews over the last year or two from fighters in renowned camps like: American Kickboxing Academy, Team Black House, Greg Jackson [MMA] trained fighters, American Top Team, all of which have produced numerous contenders. - FightOnline.com

Jon Jones recently said the following in an interview with ESPN: “[I would] absolutely not [fight Rashad Evans ]. If Rashad Evans won the belt, which I’m hoping he does, my only goal would be to be the toughest contender there is, and keep whipping butt without being champion...” - Fighters.com

“Nate’s fighting in the UFC too, but we’ll find a way to avoid each other,” Shields told MMA Weekly radio. “I know Dana’s big on teammates fighting each other, but like I said I can go to 85, he can go to 55. - MMAWeekly.com

“[Anderson Silva and I] won’t fight because we’re friends,” said Machida. “We hang out, go to dinner and do many things together...”  When asked about fighting Nogueira, Machida concluded the interview by stating “Let’s fight other guys.” - MMAfrenzy.com

Koscheck fell silent for several moments, considering his response, which was emphatic, “I’ll never fight Jon Fitch. I’ll move up a weight class, or I’ll cut my leg off and move down a weight class.” - MMAWeekly.com

Fitch has held the same ground as his teammate. Even promised a title shot after his last win, Fitch would not commit to a fight with Koscheck...“The thing is I would move up if Josh would win the title and defend it,” Fitch told MMAWeekly... - MMAWeekly.com

Rodrigo Nogueira, a member of Team Black House in Brazil, explained that it would never be an option to square-off against fellow Brazilians—Junior Dos Santos, Anderson Silva, brother Antonio Rogerio Nogueira, Lyoto Machida—no matter what weight class.  Nogueira said. "It's the same with my brother [Rogerio Nogueira] -- I can't see him fighting Anderson..." - FightOnline.com

Trainers don't decide either...
“I’m not in charge of fighters’ careers. They have to make their own decisions. If they decide to do it, I’m not going to train them for it is basically the bottom line there,” [Greg] Jackson stated. - MMAWeekly.com
jeremy
jeremy
  • Predictions:  1,062  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  819
  • Post Score: 168

12.16.2010 | 10:22 AM ET

that's a nice bit of research right there usmc.  a lot of different sources assembled; thanks for sharing it.  i can understand why those declarations frustrate dana -- when you look at them all together it knocks out a lot of great potential fights, and he's got an entertainment company to run.

"Damn right I like the life I live / Cause I went from negative to positive."

raray
raray
  • Predictions:  193  |  63.2%
  • Forum Posts:  187
  • Post Score: 26

12.16.2010 | 11:39 AM ET

I wish some of them would give an actual reason for not wanting to fight a teammate. What exactly is the justification? I don't understand it when BJJ teammates forfeit to each other in tournaments and I really don't understand it when MMA fighters hurt their careers and paychecks.

In any case, all of those statements are about fighting teammates and that's not Fedor's issue. I think @Gregory is right. Fedor really just doesn't care. His life has nothing to do with what we think about him or what we're willing to pay to watch him fight.

"Any rational society would either kill me or put me to some use."

USMC
USMC

12.16.2010 | 12:16 PM ET

Who needs to "evolve" ?!

Where does Fedor need to improve?
Maybe not be as careless, for lack of a better word... but Fedor is still the most well-rounded Heavyweight today.  

If you want to talk about guys that need to "evolve"... 

Watch all the Velasquez fights you can find, in a row, back-to-back... Cain is one of my favorite fighters, but besides the one fight against Nogueira, the guy is fairly one-dimensional.  Cheick Kongo was giving up his back & neck to Cain a lot throughout their fight, yet Cain barely even attempted a choke/submission.  Cain couldn't finish him, and Kongo is shtt on the ground... and have we seen him defending a submission?  Quite honestly, you can't really see much evolution in Cain's game.  

I know he's Brazilian, but does Junior dos Santos have legit Jiu-Jitz?  He does well at defending takedowns, but what's he like on the ground and/or on his back?   Of the 3 submissions on his record, I've seen two; one where he neck-cranks/guillotines some nobody (who was working on a 6-fight losing streak), and another where he gets tapped with a simple armbar by a little stocky guy.  Unimpressive.

Werdum's Jiu Jistsu is unmatched, but would anyone call him "evolved," or his game, well-rounded?

That particular criticize of the guy, doesn't make sense.
USMC
USMC

12.16.2010 | 12:43 PM ET

criticize = criticism [EDIT BUTTON]

Gregory
Gregory

12.16.2010 | 12:51 PM ET

When we add the edit feature we will dedicate it to you

USMC
USMC

12.16.2010 | 1:03 PM ET

emoti-wink [EMOTICON BUTTON]

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Junkie : Bellator Champions Series: Paris weigh-in results: Title fight official, one fighter misses weight
  • Jits Magazine : Two Exciting Title-Fights Announced For Polaris 28
  • Jits Magazine : Exciting Matches All Round At IBJJF Denver Open 2024
  • Jits Magazine : UFC Fight Pass Invitational 7 Full Results And Review
  • MMA Mania : Midnight Mania: Watch ‘Demolidor’ Rescue Dogs From Brazilian Flood
  • MMA Mania : UFC Vegas 92: Best betting props, parlays and picks
  • MMA Mania : UFC Vegas 92: Best Betting Props, Parlays And Picks
  • MMA Junkie : 'Reborn' Ramiz Brahimaj returns to UFC with new perspective after 'nasty' injury jeopardized career
  • MMA Mania : ‘Two Or Three Times Bigger!’ Saudi Arabia Has Big Plans For Second UFC Event
  • MMA Junkie : UFC matchmaker Mick Maynard offers insight on scouting regional talent
  • MMAFighting.com : No Bets Barred: Breaking down Tyson Fury vs. Oleksandr Usyk, UFC Vegas 92, and Bellator Paris
  • Middle Easy : Joe Rogan Believes MMA’s Current Rule Set Favors Strikers: ‘I Don’t Think People Should Stand You Up, Ever’
  • MMA Junkie : Carlston Harris hopes UFC Fight Night 241 win leads to 'good names' like Neil Magny, Geoff Neal
  • MMA Mania : Video: Gorimbo Breaks Down After Coach’s Mother Dies On Media Day
  • MMA Junkie : UFC Fight Night 241's Vinicius Salvador guarantees first-round KO of Adrian Yanez: 'Write it down'
  • MMAFighting.com : Tyson Fury vs. Oleksandr Usyk full fight card
  • Middle Easy : Tim Welch Rates Mike Tyson’s Chances vs. Jake Paul: ‘Early On, He’s Gonna Be Scary’
  • MMA Mania : Barboza The BMF? ‘Who Has Better Highlight KOs Than Me?’
  • MMAFighting.com : Ring announcer Dan Hennessy retiring after viral screw up: ‘No longer the world’s punching bag’
  • MMA Junkie : 'Only Mancunian' Lerone Murphy appreciates full circle moment, crosses fingers for UFC 304