Topic: Fitch vs. Hendricks

Fitch vs. Hendricks

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Oddsbot
Oddsbot
  • Predictions:  8,790  |  73.9%
  • Forum Posts:  17,652
  • Post Score: 60

09.13.2011 | 4:37 AM ET

Prediction: wrong Fitch   wrong Decision  

This is the official discussion thread for Fitch vs. Hendricks. Let's see what you've got.

"This is the droid you're looking for."

Responses Page 3

MikeLovesTacos XD
MikeLovesTacos XD
  • Predictions:  30,422  |  59.3%
  • Forum Posts:  22,488
  • Post Score: 203

12.18.2011 | 10:01 AM ET

I will be pulling for Hendricks 100% but I thinkj Fitch will just lay on him for 15 mins.

"Why are you booing me? I am the GOAT. **** you." - Patricio "Pitbull" Freire

Anik
Anik
  • Predictions:  6,592  |  62.5%
  • Forum Posts:  17,508
  • Post Score: 160

12.18.2011 | 11:35 AM ET

I'm gonna be rooting for Fitch because I just feel bad that the guy has to fight scrub after scrub without getting a title shot.

"الله أكبرl"

buffalo ben
buffalo ben
  • Predictions:  3,705  |  58.2%
  • Forum Posts:  6,348
  • Post Score: 157

12.18.2011 | 11:43 AM ET

Prediction: correct Hendricks   wrong Decision  

he did get a title shot. He lost it. BJ penn and Thiago Alves are not scrubs. I hope he losses so he stops demanding a title fight while Diaz and Condit haven't had theirs.

"You don't have to be perfect, just dont be fraudulant"

Anik
Anik

12.18.2011 | 11:51 AM ET

@ben If Fitch was winning slugfests everyone would be clamoring for him to face GSP a second time. I appreciate his fighting style, even if I don't like it.

And you're proving my point even further, he's not only beating scrubs but he's also beating elite talents (I'm sorry but if you watched Penn vs Fitch, you know Fitch won that fight).

"الله أكبرl"

buffalo ben
buffalo ben

12.18.2011 | 12:45 PM ET

"If Fitch was winning slugfests everyone would be clamoring for him to face GSP " Exactly. Home boy is trying to win, not fighting. That's why he had a draw with bj penn. Because he didn't fight with bj penn. I'm not stupid, i know jon fitch is a better welterweight than bj penn, but that fight was a draw. It was. I don't want to see a title fight featuring a guy like that. He feels entitled and he has no motivation. In his mind he's the best fighter alive and instead of trying to prove it to the fans he just resents any of us who criticize him.

buffalo ben
buffalo ben

12.18.2011 | 12:55 PM ET

your point was he is being made to face scrubs. You can't have your cake and eat it too, either he is beating top guys, or he's fighting scrubs. Pick one.

Do you remember after the bj penn fight? He was saying he should still fight GSP next, and that no rematch was necessary. I expected something like "If we have a rematch bj won't be so lucky" or "i should have done more to push this guy and prove that im better" Instead what do we get? Fitch basically tells us to shove it. I'm sorry but if he's the #2 ww in the world he needs to remind us, i am hardly blown away by him right now.

* Edited at 12.18.2011, 12:56 PM ET *

DietDrPepper
DietDrPepper
  • Predictions:  14,982  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  637
  • Post Score: 180

12.19.2011 | 12:42 AM ET

Hendricks outlands Fitch on the feet and wins a closely contested split-decision.
FresnoMMA
FresnoMMA
  • Predictions:  57,910  |  68.7%
  • Forum Posts:  7,436
  • Post Score: 204

12.19.2011 | 12:54 AM ET

Prediction: correct Hendricks   correct KO/TKO   wrong Round 3  

This fight is the only exception I've ever made to picking against an AKA fighter, I gotta go with Hendricks he's one of my favorite fighters and I think he's going to silence all the people saying he doesn't belong in there with Fitch 
Kalibo
Kalibo
  • Predictions:  33,130  |  62.8%
  • Forum Posts:  16,800
  • Post Score: 185

12.27.2011 | 9:49 AM ET

You can't deny Fitch's ability to win fights.

"All men can see these tactics whereby I conquer, but what none can see is the strategy out of which victory is evolved" – Sun Tzu, "The Art of War"

poir420
poir420
  • Predictions:  143,346  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  18,232
  • Post Score: 245

12.27.2011 | 5:06 PM ET

Fitch think's he should get a shot at the interim belt from the winner of the Condit/Diaz fight, I really hope Hendricks suprises him and upsets Fitch.

http://www.mmasucka.com/news/jon-fitch-beats-johny-hendricks-fight-winner-conditdiaz-interim-belt/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=jon-fitch-beats-johny-hendricks-fight-winner-conditdiaz-interim-belt

"“All of a sudden, he was shooting for a takedown, and I’m like, ‘Oh, you’re a wrestler now? Remember, I’m the black belt in jiu-jitsu. And you’re shooting on me now? This is a wrap." - Nate Diaz"

inspektor_voss
inspektor_voss
  • Predictions:  31,468  |  62.7%
  • Forum Posts:  407
  • Post Score: 230

12.27.2011 | 6:06 PM ET

I think Fitch would need to fight once more after this one to get a shot a the interim ww belt. Maybe the winner of Kampmann/Alves will fight the winner on Diaz/Condit first.

"Dogs cannot accumulate sausages."

Anik
Anik

12.27.2011 | 11:05 PM ET

@ buffalo ben Of course I can, I could whatever I want with that cake.

You're saying that a guy either only fights scrubs or only fights elite guys. That's just plain wrong. And there's another popular fighter who never tries to fight, he just tries to win. He also so happens to be the champion of Fitch's division. I'd be frustrated too if I was Fitch, his job is to win and that's what he does. As for everyone that doesn't want to see him fight GSP because he's boring, I clearly remember his fight with GSP being his most entertaining one (even if he you know, lost like 50-40 on the cards). The man's got heart and he's also got a style that works for him and allows him to win. Champions should be winners, not entertainers. Wanna watch entertainers? Vince McMahon's got a mean product waiting for you.

I will agree with that last paragraph though.

"الله أكبرl"

poir420
poir420

12.28.2011 | 3:35 PM ET

Hendricks just tweeted that he is at 183 pounds right now, I don't know much about weight cutting but that seems like quite a bit to lose by friday?

"“All of a sudden, he was shooting for a takedown, and I’m like, ‘Oh, you’re a wrestler now? Remember, I’m the black belt in jiu-jitsu. And you’re shooting on me now? This is a wrap." - Nate Diaz"

SoccerKick
SoccerKick
  • Predictions:  32,055  |  61.8%
  • Forum Posts:  13,504
  • Post Score: 186

12.28.2011 | 3:38 PM ET

Lose by Thursday actually...13 pounds over right now isn't a horrible place to be for an experienced wrestler like Hendricks he'll probably be around 178-180 when he goes to bed tonight and drop a couple #s in his sleep leaving him with only 6 lbs or so to cut tomorrow before weigh-ins

"I'm too old to be run by the fears of dumb people "

poir420
poir420

12.28.2011 | 3:39 PM ET

I know wrestler's have been doing this forever but to me it seems like it wouldn't be that healthy for your body to drop and gain weight like that. But I guess they really probably do it once or twice a year when they fight in the UFC so it's probably not all that bad

jeremy
jeremy
  • Predictions:  1,062  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  819
  • Post Score: 168

12.29.2011 | 12:30 PM ET

Hendricks is being badly underestimated.

"Damn right I like the life I live / Cause I went from negative to positive."

SoccerKick
SoccerKick

12.29.2011 | 12:54 PM ET

I agree and am thinking of changing my pick

themysticalninja
themysticalninja
  • Predictions:  1,219  |  59.5%
  • Forum Posts:  1,725
  • Post Score: 123

12.29.2011 | 12:58 PM ET

Well when Fitch continues to win by being P4P lay and pray fighter, then no I can't see Hendricks winning this one.

"Go get some Donald CER-ROE-NAY!" - Greg Jackson

SoccerKick
SoccerKick

12.29.2011 | 1:00 PM ET

The problem is no one can get up when Fitch takes them down and so its called LnP....If you can't get up when you get taken down in a fight maube you need to change your training...Hendricks is gonna be tough for Fitch to takedown and has a lot of power in his hands

themysticalninja
themysticalninja
  • Predictions:  1,219  |  59.5%
  • Forum Posts:  1,725
  • Post Score: 123

12.29.2011 | 1:11 PM ET

Eh if Hendricks proves me wrong, I'm cool with that. But just based on his momentum, I don't see Fitch failing to get a TD and imposing his soul destroying will.

"Go get some Donald CER-ROE-NAY!" - Greg Jackson

Page 3

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Junkie : Video: Conor McGregor parties in Dublin six weeks before UFC 303
  • MMA Junkie : Video: Kennedy Freeman, daughter of Ian Freeman, scores walkoff knockout at Cage Warriors 172
  • MMAFighting.com : Daniel Cormier reacts to Dustin Poirier retirement talks ahead of UFC 302: ‘I hate that’
  • MMA Junkie : On this date in MMA history: 'Rampage' Jackson KOs Chuck Liddell at UFC 71
  • MMA Mania : Makhachev: ‘Stiff’ New Gloves ‘Will Cause More Cuts’
  • MMAFighting.com : ‘UFC 302 countdown’ video
  • MMA Junkie : Twister alert! Prospect Luke Dally pulls off rare submission down under at Eternal MMA 84
  • MMAFighting.com : Charles Oliveira picks UFC champ Islam Makhachev to beat Dustin Poirier, Arman Tsarukyan
  • MMA Mania : Rousey Not Ready For UFC Events: ‘I’d Be Booed’
  • Middle Easy : Daniel Cormier ‘Hates’ How Dustin Poirier Recognizes The End Of His Career Heading Into Islam Makhachev Title Fight
  • MMA Junkie : Paige VanZant planning on Elle Brooke rematch for Misfits Boxing in London
  • MMAFighting.com : This Is CineMMA, ‘Here Comes the Boom’: Kevin James reminds everyone MMA is fun
  • MMA Junkie : Video: The LFA's influence on UFC main events, with Alex Pereira, Sean O'Malley and many more
  • MMA Mania : ‘It’s Gonna Shock The Whole MMA Community’
  • MMAFighting.com : Paige VanZant reacts to split draw with Elle Brooke at Misfits Boxing 15: ‘The judging, a little bit nuts’
  • MMA Junkie : Video: 'TUF 27' finalist Joe Giannetti leaves opponent snoozing after slick ninja choke
  • Middle Easy : Watch: Logan Paul Breaks Announce Table With Epic Frog Splash On Cody Rhodes But Still Loses
  • MMA Mania : ‘I’d Knockout The G.O.A.T. (GSP)’
  • MMA Mania : ‘I’d Knockout The GOAT (GSP)’
  • MMAFighting.com : Khabib Nurmagomedov respects Dustin Poirier but hopes Islam Makhachev will finish him at UFC 302