Topic: MMA Media & Websites

Opinion: Ariel Helwani is a pot- boiling, ****** Journalist

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

ImperatorFishrat
ImperatorFishrat
  • Predictions:  7,002  |  63.2%
  • Forum Posts:  14,546
  • Post Score: 236

01.18.2018 | 9:31 PM ET

....who just threw Ngannou under the bus for some page clicks. The header of the following link reads;

Francis Ngannou calls President Trump ‘a shame for America’ in response to alleged immigration comments'.

https://www.mmafighting.com/2018/1/18/16906544/francis-ngannou-calls-president-trump-a-shame-for-america-in-response-to-immigration-comments

Way to go, Ariel. Way to get the Trump supporters, who really don't require much of a poke to get the fires of hatred and/or suspicion stirred, offside with the Refugee who is vying for citizenship and acceptance in the new country where he is is trying to make a go of  new life through hard work. I'm sure that helped him out a bunch and really served to help engender him to a massive segment of the American community especially given how many conservatives are UFC fans.

What has this got to do with fighting? Nothing. Francis made a series of other comments about his rise from homelessness to fighting for the HW title of the world which would have made quality--and highly entertaining reading, but instead, you had to focus on a flip remark which you were deliberately fishing for, for purposes of your gain, and at the expense of someone who can afford to exploited the least.

What a greasy, scurrilous little prick you are; coaxing Francis (deliberately) whose grasp of English isn't strong into making a comment which can be construed as polemic. And doing it for clicks, for purposes of pure sensationalism. You have deliberated goaded a fighter into making a political statement which a large section of the MMA fan base will find repellent to the point that they will hate on him, for a 'scoop'. Way to exploit the poor grasp of English of an up and coming guy who needs bad press, and bad feelings, from the members of his new community like a hole in the ******* head.

You're a ******* disgrace. A bin-sifting,  tub-thumping, shifter -through of ****; a tabloid trash shock jock of a man and I hope you get your credentials removed again--and this time, permanently.

This user is suspended from posting until 8 years, 9 months, 3 weeks, 4 days, 5 hours, and 47 minutes from now.

Responses

Huiop532
Huiop532
  • Predictions:  9,296  |  58.3%
  • Forum Posts:  1,534
  • Post Score: 206

01.19.2018 | 12:15 AM ET

Aww, is another little sensitive snowflake getting offended?

Do you know how many articles are posted that aren’t even about fighting? Hell, Conor’s in the news every single day, and he doesn’t even fight anymore. For ****s sake, Chuck Liddell is still in the news. 
You’re just being a typical liberal that gets butthurt by everything. Francis said he believes that Trump is a “shame for America.” I don’t agree with what he said, as Trump is the best thing that’s happened in this country in eight years, but you don’t see me getting my panties in a twist just because he said something that I don’t agree with?

Ngonnou was being interviewed, and that was his response. He could’ve pulled a Tito or Jones and just not answer the question, yet he did. 
ImperatorFishrat
ImperatorFishrat
  • Predictions:  7,002  |  63.2%
  • Forum Posts:  14,546
  • Post Score: 236

01.19.2018 | 12:42 AM ET

Typical ethnocentric ****tard Merkan response. I'm not even American, so I can't be a 'liberal' (in fact in my country of origin, that term actually refers to a conservative). Liberals and conservatives; that is simply the binary through which your feeble little magpie brain  assesses everything in the world.

You know, I have to wonder;  sometimes, when you're riding your sister (who is also your mother)  over a pot of squirrel viddles simmering softly over coalfire, and the sound of banjos is drifting throug the woods gently lit blue by the full moon, do you sometimes look up at the stars and realize that you're on a planet in the universe, and on that planet exist other nations and cultures that are not your own?

I doubt it. You probably think that if you walked long enough you'd fall of the edge of the continent into the black abyss of space. If ******* only!

I doubt you've ever even left the states or indeed the 40 square miles of swampland in which you were conceived born and raised.

And moreover you're such a ******* pillock that you've completely misunderstood the ultimate point of my post, which is that Helwani deliberately led Ngannou into making a politicized statement for purposes of creating a subsequent media circus used to harvest page clicks, and did so at the expense of Ngannou's reputation.

Pfft. What a lightweight. You are as appealing as a soiled mattress left out the front of a thrift store as donation, in the rain.

Don't ever waste my time again.

* Edited at 01.19.2018, 12:56 AM ET *

This user is suspended from posting until 8 years, 9 months, 3 weeks, 4 days, 5 hours, and 47 minutes from now.
GreenHornet
GreenHornet
  • Predictions:  42,804  |  62.5%
  • Forum Posts:  10,325
  • Post Score: 203

01.19.2018 | 1:54 AM ET

@huiop Oh come on man. Helwani acted like a **** stirring worm and should know better than to use the reputation he has built to insert his politics into an interview.  And that goes double for his lefty pinko editor in Luke Thomas for defending him. Their job is to write sports articles, not pretend to be vapid political activists.  If MMAFighting.com is going to follow the path of Gawker's former subsidy Deadspin, then they and their parent company Vox deserve to suffer the same fate as Gawker did and that's financial ruin. 

* Edited at 01.19.2018, 1:55 AM ET *

"..."

mikeyg
mikeyg
  • Predictions:  7,871  |  66.6%
  • Forum Posts:  6,232
  • Post Score: 113

01.19.2018 | 4:06 AM ET

Ariel is a bleeding heart libtard iirc so I'm not shocked he rolled with this article.

Trump's not wrong, we should have merit based immigration and he's definitely not wrong about bringing in less people from lesser primitive countries, that's what 50% of us voted for...
This user is suspended from posting until 4 years, 1 month, 3 weeks, 5 days, 4 hours, and 48 minutes from now.
AnthonyBrancato
AnthonyBrancato
  • Predictions:  9,869  |  61.7%
  • Forum Posts:  642
  • Post Score: 58

02.03.2018 | 11:44 AM ET

Libtard.  What a laugh - when it is a known fact that the further to the right one gets politically, the lower the IQs get.

"MMA Fan Since Season 2 Of The Ultimate Fighter"

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Junkie : Georges St-Pierre: UFC champ Islam Makhachev is 'the best pound-for-pound right now'
  • MMA Mania : 13-Second Finishes And False Promises, Sonnen Relives Wild Early Days Of Career
  • Middle Easy : Dustin Poirier Contemplates MMA Retirement, Would’ve Hung Up Gloves On UFC Title Win
  • MMAFighting.com : Cannonier blames ref for ‘gut-wrenching’ UFC Louisville loss: ‘Herzog got the finish in that fight’
  • MMAFighting.com : Watch The MMA Hour with Poirier, Reyes, Vera, Cannnonier, and Marshall now
  • MMA Junkie : Dustin Poirier 'leaning towards being done' with MMA but 'scared' to retire prematurely
  • MMA Mania : Burns Vs Brady Headlines UFC Event On Sept. 7
  • MMAFighting.com : Mailbag: UFC Louisville’s controversial stoppage and where does the middleweight division go from here?
  • MMA Junkie : Jared Cannonier trashes 'gut-wrenching' stoppage at UFC on ESPN 57, calls for Nassourdine Imavov rematch in Paris
  • MMAFighting.com : Gilbert Burns vs. Sean Brady in the works for UFC event on Sept. 7
  • MMA Junkie : Jared Gordon eyes winner of Bobby Green vs. Paddy Pimblett after UFC on ABC 6
  • Middle Easy : Jared Cannonier Petitions For Imavov Rematch In France, Says Referee ‘Got The Finish’ At UFC Louisville
  • Middle Easy : Ali Abdelaziz Says Islam Makhachev vs. Conor McGregor Is ‘Very Possible’, Thinks Kayla Harrison Should ‘Fight Some Men’ Next In UFC
  • MMA Junkie : Brad Katona gives himself 'very OK' passing grade at UFC Louisville, but knows you want a finish
  • MMA Mania : Victorious Fury Chasing ‘AJ’ Fight — Not Usyk Trilogy
  • MMA Junkie : UFC on ESPN 58: Make your predictions for Alex Perez vs. Tatsuro Taira
  • MMAFighting.com : Kayla Harrison manager suggests Amanda Nunes retired to avoid fight
  • MMAFighting.com : Watch The MMA Hour LIVE now
  • MMA Mania : ‘I Thought I Was Khabib’
  • MMA Junkie : Gilbert Burns vs. Sean Brady targeted for UFC Fight Night main event on Sept. 7