Tapology Forums

If Overeem signs with the UFC

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

jesty94
jesty94
  • Predictions:  117  |  63.2%
  • Forum Posts:  21
  • Post Score: 0

08.29.2011 | 2:49 AM ET

If Overeem signs with the UFC what do u think the outcome will be say a year after he signs?

"Directed to receivers who play football "think of the football as your girlfriends tits then maybe you would stop droping the F****** ball""

Responses Page 2

LoneRonin
LoneRonin
  • Predictions:  3,222  |  62.3%
  • Forum Posts:  1,171
  • Post Score: 104

08.30.2011 | 12:53 AM ET

Overeem has also fought Tyrone Spong and Gokhan Saki in K1 who are excellent strikers and beat them both. He has also fought Badr Hari twice since 2007 going 1-1 and Badr Hari is the best striker in any combat sport imo. And everybody was on Brett Rogers nuts when he fought Overeem. He definitely had a bad showing against Werdum but thats mainly because he was too worried about being taken down and not about getting hit in the face. I dont think Overeem will walk through any of the top HWs in the UFC but he has a good chance against any of them.

* Edited at 08.30.2011, 12:54 AM ET *

FlyingGogo
FlyingGogo
  • Predictions:  1,236  |  64.0%
  • Forum Posts:  13
  • Post Score: 315

08.30.2011 | 1:04 AM ET

@Lone I agree with that...Badr Hari is a G. I still think that Ubereem will def get exposed by middle of the pack guys like Barry or Kongo. I also think that they would be great fights... the top 5 UFC HW's would def smash him. I just hope that he actually steps into the Octagon and DOES something even tho I really don't expect him to. He has been such a disappointment IMO for the last couple years...I get to wait around for a year and watch him knee Pat Barry. Why? If he is a top HW then he should fight top HW guys.  

"Look sir, I really don't want anything of this and I go 'WHOOP' like this and I slit your throat, and it's over and out" -Bas Rutten

thiagosilva9794
thiagosilva9794
  • Predictions:  5,113  |  60.4%
  • Forum Posts:  11,315
  • Post Score: 142

08.30.2011 | 5:51 AM ET

I think Barry would knock Overeem out.. In my opinion Barry has by far the best striking in the heavyweight division.. Yes better than JDS.

"I really feel like I'm the most dangerous guy out there" BJ Penn........... UFC on Fox 2 event winner :)

Kalibo
Kalibo
  • Predictions:  33,130  |  62.8%
  • Forum Posts:  16,800
  • Post Score: 185

08.30.2011 | 10:50 AM ET

He has some of the best strikes, but he leaves himself open a lot. 

"All men can see these tactics whereby I conquer, but what none can see is the strategy out of which victory is evolved" – Sun Tzu, "The Art of War"

skeet2b
skeet2b
  • Predictions:  8,330  |  61.8%
  • Forum Posts:  1,703
  • Post Score: 158

08.30.2011 | 10:57 AM ET

Im thinking they will give Overeem an easy first fight to hype him up, his next fight if he wins will most likely be a title shot or a #1 contender match which he will lose IMO, Overeem is a great striker but I dont think he will be able to compete with wrestlers in the UFC

"A true champion, face to face with his darkest hour, will do whatever it takes to rise above. A man fights, and fights, and then fights some more. Because surrender is death, and death is for *******"

LoneRonin
LoneRonin
  • Predictions:  3,222  |  62.3%
  • Forum Posts:  1,171
  • Post Score: 104

09.02.2011 | 11:22 PM ET

@Thiago That would be nice I really like Barry. I think Overeems size would be too much for him though
thiagosilva9794
thiagosilva9794
  • Predictions:  5,113  |  60.4%
  • Forum Posts:  11,315
  • Post Score: 142

09.03.2011 | 3:17 AM ET

I think it could be a good fight but Overeem doesnt take a shot brilliantly and Barry has some of the best.. I think it would be a short night for Overeem.. Most of the times hes faced an A-level striker hes got knocked out.. I think Barry would do no different..

"I really feel like I'm the most dangerous guy out there" BJ Penn........... UFC on Fox 2 event winner :)

Page 2

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Jits Magazine : Top Brazilian Competitors Battle It Out At IBJJF Floripa Fall Open 2024
  • MMA Mania : ‘I Hope You Enjoy My Money!’
  • MMA Mania : Is He Back? McGregor Nearly Destroys Sparring Partner
  • MMA Junkie : UFC Hall of Famer Anderson Silva books boxing match with Chael Sonnen on June 15 in Brazil
  • MMAFighting.com : Anderson Silva set to box Chael Sonnen in Brazil
  • MMAFighting.com : This Is CineMMA, ‘Bruised’: Does Halle Berry deliver the best MMA fight scene ever?
  • MMA Junkie : Tom Nolan: First UFC win was 'make or break' moment, relieved to overcome mental adversity
  • MMA Mania : Matches To Make After UFC Vegas 92
  • MMA Junkie : UFC 303 adds another fight to Conor McGregor vs. Michael Chandler undercard
  • MMAFighting.com : Leon Edwards, Tom Aspinall, Bobby Green all favored to win in UFC 304 opening odds
  • MMA Junkie : Video: Oleksandr Usyk's epic walkout for undisputed boxing title fight vs. Tyson Fury
  • MMA Mania : Usyk Vs. Fury 2 Targeted For Oct. 12
  • MMAFighting.com : Carlos Ulberg wants top opponent after quick finish at UFC St. Louis, eyes Jamahal Hill at UFC 303
  • MMA Junkie : Video: Kris Moutinho continues regional scene tear with TKO, moves to 4-0 since UFC release
  • MMAFighting.com : Ariane Carnelossi reveals facial injuries following UFC Vegas 92 headbutts, responds to Piera Rodriguez
  • MMA Mania : Silva Vs. Crews Boxing Match Coming This June [Updated]
  • MMA Junkie : UFC Fight Night 241 post-event facts: Edson Barboza first to reach double digit Fight of the Night bonuses
  • MMA Junkie : Adrian Yanez relieved to snap losing streak with quick KO at UFC Fight Night 241: 'Last year sucked'
  • MMAFighting.com : Dricus du Plessis defends Jake Paul’s hustle: ‘He’s not a sh*t boxer’
  • MMA Junkie : Ariane Carnelossi reveals injuries, reacts to headbutt: 'What often differentiates humans from animals are the rules'