Topic: Dillashaw vs. Lineker

Dillashaw vs. Lineker

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Oddsbot
Oddsbot
  • Predictions:  8,769  |  73.9%
  • Forum Posts:  17,646
  • Post Score: 60

11.01.2016 | 9:44 PM ET

This is the official discussion thread for Dillashaw vs. Lineker. Let's see what you've got.

"This is the droid you're looking for."

Responses Page 2

dtrain24
dtrain24
  • Predictions:  12,043  |  65.8%
  • Forum Posts:  3,212
  • Post Score: 235

12.27.2016 | 2:22 PM ET

Prediction: correct Dillashaw   correct Decision  

I feel like the winner of this fight NEEDS to get the next title shot. Things become murky if Garbrandt upsets Cruz, but we can cross that bridge if we come to it on fight night.

"His legacy is money. My legacy is smesh." -Khabib

mbach4307
mbach4307
  • Predictions:  934  |  60.1%
  • Forum Posts:  887
  • Post Score: 137

12.27.2016 | 2:30 PM ET

@dtrain24

I agree. There is really no scenario outside of linekar winning but missing weight where the winner of this fight doesn't deserve the next shot. Even Cody vs tj would be awesome. 135 has taken off from where it was 2 years ago. There are so many killers coming up and the top 10 is as nasty as there is in the UFC. Other divisions are top five loaded, but the bw division is stacked from 1-10. Just killers up and down the roster. They have come a long way from having no real options after the Barao fight to this point where there are legit contenders for days. 

"Where are my shoes?"

SlongKong
SlongKong
  • Predictions:  153  |  64.7%
  • Forum Posts:  845
  • Post Score: 56

12.27.2016 | 2:49 PM ET

@mbach

There was always talent. Thats what happens when you lose a dominant champion. Had Cruz not been sidelined he would have (and still would be) dominating everybody and this would be a "boring" division with "no one" to challenge for the title. Barao lost and Cruz came back. And Faber isnt there to take out the contenders so it's legit. The same thing happened when GSP left WW, And Anderson lost at MW.

"I'll fight any man; Any animal. If Jesus were here; I'd fight him too.- Mike Tyson; Downvote me if you want this ****"

PilloryChoke
PilloryChoke
  • Predictions:  32,338  |  64.3%
  • Forum Posts:  2,974
  • Post Score: 195

12.27.2016 | 2:53 PM ET

The only argument to make for TJ beating Cruz is a bad one. That being said, TJ should get the title shot if he beats Lineker, unless he underwhelms and Rivera beats Caraway while looking good.

"When Conor fought Cowboy, he looked like a lion. When he fights stronger opponents, he looks like a scared chicken." - Khabib

laytonknuckles17
laytonknuckles17
  • Predictions:  1,320  |  53.1%
  • Forum Posts:  60
  • Post Score: 10

12.27.2016 | 3:22 PM ET

Prediction: wrong Lineker   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 1  

I have to say guys, Dillashaws luck has ran out. After an awful title run made up of a 2 TKO victories over a Baroa that has no business in 135 and head kick KO over a guy who has had an awful past couple years. Then after being heavily out struck and out wrestled by Champ Cruz in a fight were the judges were obviously wearing beer goggles, he finally sparks up a decent preference over a decent fighter. John Lineker has the power to end Dillashaw in seconds. Lineker is much more likely winner.
PilloryChoke
PilloryChoke
  • Predictions:  32,338  |  64.3%
  • Forum Posts:  2,974
  • Post Score: 195

12.27.2016 | 4:45 PM ET

Barao has no business at 135? He was only a dominant champion on a 32 fight winning streak. I do think he probably screwed his body over when he failed the weight cut the first time they tried the rematch, but it's insane to discount how big Dillashaw's first win over Barao was.

"When Conor fought Cowboy, he looked like a lion. When he fights stronger opponents, he looks like a scared chicken." - Khabib

rappinpapsoda
rappinpapsoda
  • Predictions:  71,536  |  59.8%
  • Forum Posts:  8,603
  • Post Score: 69

12.28.2016 | 7:23 AM ET

When Barao was at 135, he was considered by many to be the best PFP so he did belong there.

"The only thing predictable about MMA is that it is unpredictable."

mbach4307
mbach4307

12.28.2016 | 7:33 AM ET

Yeah I have to agree. If you dominate a division as champion for a few years, it's your division. That win over Barao was as impressive a win as there has ever been in mma. I was shocked by that victory for tj. His four fights since then have confirmed that he is an elite fighter. He tagged Dom, hurt him, and lost a close split decision. That decision could have gone either way. I just feel like tj has fought the much better fighters and is still improving. This is one of the fights I'm really looking forward to. 

"Where are my shoes?"

yossgold
yossgold
  • Predictions:  67,552  |  62.2%
  • Forum Posts:  14,550
  • Post Score: 295

12.28.2016 | 8:19 AM ET

@rappinpapp

"When Barao was at 135, he was considered by many Dana White to be the best PFP"

There, I fixed it for you.

* Edited at 12.28.2016, 8:19 AM ET *

"Hay lohh you Mike, ay lov you Mike. Hyou say somesing like di fo me, and naw I say you ... I LOV YOU! See you som. Boy." -- Yoel Romero, UFC 205

yossgold
yossgold

12.28.2016 | 8:26 AM ET

TJ has nothing to cry about with him not getting the shot, even if he "deserves" it. 

MMA is a game of opportunities, and he for one can attribute the largest jump in his career to "opportunity" after getting his title shot after a loss to Assunção and a meh win over Easton (who I think was barely ranked 8th at the time). Why? Assunção injured himself and TJ stepped up and proved he "deserved" the opportunity.

Now, on paper he "deserves" is, but, Cody scored an emphatic win over another guy with a huge amount of hype behind him, generated a beef with Cruz and TJ just lost to Cruz no so long ago.

You can't cry about "deserving" only when it suits you. There were more deserving than him when he got his shot.

"Hay lohh you Mike, ay lov you Mike. Hyou say somesing like di fo me, and naw I say you ... I LOV YOU! See you som. Boy." -- Yoel Romero, UFC 205

mikeyg
mikeyg
  • Predictions:  7,871  |  66.6%
  • Forum Posts:  6,232
  • Post Score: 113

12.28.2016 | 11:24 AM ET

Prediction: wrong Lineker   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 2  

It's not going to matter anyway because Linker is gonna put TJ to sleep.
This user is suspended from posting until 4 years, 2 months, 1 week, 5 days, 16 hours, and 3 minutes from now.
senol77
senol77
  • Predictions:  3  |  33.3%
  • Forum Posts:  3
  • Post Score: 33

12.29.2016 | 1:29 PM ET

29-28
yossgold
yossgold

12.29.2016 | 2:25 PM ET

Fistbump vs. handshake: http://m.imgur.com/jQSOptk

WastelandWanderer
WastelandWanderer
  • Predictions:  155,871  |  66.6%
  • Forum Posts:  13,491
  • Post Score: 130

12.29.2016 | 9:29 PM ET

Tj if your reading this - your statement of "nah I do 0 manual cardio / don't need to / don't have time / etc" you should reconsider brah. .. your muscles don't look so champion esque and your pot belly brah. ... ***. ... your fuxked if your up against a body shot sniper / some one with equal skill set but superior physical capacities

* Edited at 12.30.2016, 2:27 AM ET *

"I am the greatest blonde man in the world. I am Tru Viking." - Alexander Gustaffsson / "The world must bow to my glory. I am a God amongst mortals. They must pay me tribute in wine and concubine for my deeds." - Jon Jones "

Butterfli59
Butterfli59
  • Predictions:  30  |  43.3%
  • Forum Posts:  1
  • Post Score: 0

12.30.2016 | 1:56 PM ET

Prediction: wrong Lineker   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 2  

O
Joker313
Joker313
  • Predictions:  34,431  |  65.4%
  • Forum Posts:  575
  • Post Score: 215

12.30.2016 | 4:31 PM ET

Wish this was 5 rounds so Dillashaw could showcase more and move around with his footwork, still think hes get it done
mbach4307
mbach4307

12.30.2016 | 6:36 PM ET

@slongkong

I disagree with the talent level from two years ago vs today. And as much as I believe Cruz is one of the best champions on the roster, I don't think it's fair to assume that he would have defeated Barao. If he had continued to fight, that increases his chances of getting beat and/or being cracked.

As far as the talent, you guys like Cody and Almeida getting better just d/t their age and the number of high level fights they are having. Sterling is progressing as well and I think his loss to Carraway will help. And yeah, Meisha's husband is becoming a force as well. Put Rivera and TJ in the mix and that makes for an insane amount of high level fighters right now on the BW roster. Where 2-3 years ago, it wasn't nearly as deep. And as I was typing, I just remembered Assuncao, who's loss to Tj is nothing to be ashamed of. Coming off an injury, and that layoff, he will be back in the mix. Bw is loaded imo.

"Where are my shoes?"

AnAlias
AnAlias
  • Predictions:  7,913  |  63.4%
  • Forum Posts:  8,737
  • Post Score: 246

12.30.2016 | 6:50 PM ET

Prediction: wrong Lineker   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 1  

This one is such a tough pick. I've gone back and forth several times. 

Page 2

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Jits Magazine : Incredible Lineup Announced For EBI 21: The Absolutes
  • MMA Junkie : Video: Ex-UFC heavyweight Greg Hardy goes limp into ropes in KO loss
  • MMA Mania : Midnight Mania: ‘Ruthless’ In BKFC?
  • MMA Junkie : Full fight video: Jon Jones puts Lyoto Machida out cold at UFC 140
  • Bad Left Hook : IBF orders Cacace to face mandatory challenger Nunez
  • MMA Mania : ‘It’s Hard To Deny The Activity’
  • MMA Junkie : Belal Muhammad vows to 'do everyone a favor' and dethrone 'coward' Leon Edwards at UFC 304
  • MMA Mania : ‘I Want To Fight With Pantoja!’
  • MMA Junkie : Video: Paige VanZant, Elle Brooke face off at MF & DAZN: X Series 15 press conference
  • MMAFighting.com : Logan Paul reveals he filed lawsuit against Ryan Garcia over Prime Hydration
  • Middle Easy : Henry Cejudo Expects ‘Long Haul’ Before UFC Title Fight, Why That Starts With Rob Font
  • MMA Junkie : Ben Askren convinced Conor McGregor is jealous of Khabib Nurmagomedov: 'No money can make up for that'
  • MMA Mania : Watch BROADENED HORIZIN — Feat. Horiguchi And Pettis
  • MMAFighting.com : Oleksandr Usyk set to portray PRIDE legend alongside ‘The Rock’ in Mark Kerr biopic
  • Middle Easy : Former Champ Jamahal Hill Draws New Opponent In UFC 303 Co-Main Event
  • MMA Junkie : Video reaction: What does Gegard Mousasi's Bellator release say about state of PFL merger?
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘Expect something serious’: Haneys react to Ryan Garcia’s positive B-sample results
  • MMAFighting.com : Devin Haney reacts to Ryan Garcia positive B-sample drug test, takes aim at Oscar De La Hoya
  • MMA Junkie : Tom Aspinall: Curtis Blaydes rematch at UFC 304 is a 'lose-lose' because he's 'not that popular'
  • MMA Mania : Mousasi Released From PFL Amid Contract Dispute