Topic: Lawrence vs. Martyniouk

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

billy
billy
  • Predictions:  391  |  57.3%
  • Forum Posts:  145
  • Post Score: 16

11.26.2010 | 5:24 AM ET

Prediction: wrong Martyniouk   wrong Decision  

Martyniouk is supposed to be pretty good according to that sherdog fighter exchange thing.

"proving to daddy that i'm no fool"

Responses

Oddsbot
Oddsbot
  • Predictions:  8,647  |  73.7%
  • Forum Posts:  17,583
  • Post Score: 60

11.26.2010 | 5:24 AM ET

Lawrence vs. Martyniouk Prediction Commentary

This is the official prediction commentary thread for Lawrence vs. Martyniouk. Let's see what you've got.

"This is the droid you're looking for."

trident
trident
  • Predictions:  146  |  59.6%
  • Forum Posts:  63
  • Post Score: 27

12.01.2010 | 8:05 AM ET

Prediction: wrong Martyniouk   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 1  

Max Payne is a good boxer supposedly.
raray
raray
  • Predictions:  193  |  63.2%
  • Forum Posts:  187
  • Post Score: 26

12.03.2010 | 5:30 AM ET

Does it seem odd to anyone else that there are fighters making their pro debuts on a "major" Strikeforce card? Isn't that what the Challengers series is for? Martyniouk because he has a picture.

"Any rational society would either kill me or put me to some use."

Gregory
Gregory
  • Predictions:  6,817  |  63.3%
  • Forum Posts:  18,565
  • Post Score: 275

12.03.2010 | 6:48 AM ET

Some of these undercard fighters are tied to a promotional thing between EA Sports MMA and Sherdog.  It was their "Fighter Exchange" where guys like Martyniouk traveled around and trained with different camps.  Or something like that... it was never entirely clear to me what the point of all of it was.

"I live, I die, I live again."

Bigj383
Bigj383
  • Predictions:  8,546  |  63.8%
  • Forum Posts:  5,417
  • Post Score: 187

12.03.2010 | 7:27 AM ET

I just looked up the "fighter exchange" thing. What it seems is they want real fighters to train in a similar way to their career mode in EA MMA. 4 young guys get paired with 4 established strikeforce fighters: Rockhold, Miller, Mousasi, and Souza and train with them. They also travel the world to Brazil, Japan, and the US and train with different camps to theoretically pick up different skill sets just like the game. So basically it's like a real life career mode version of EA MMA. For new fighters this could be beneficial but for the guys that are already part of established camps like Bettega and Phillips I don't know how it will help them. 

"It does not make sense that humans deliberately malfunction. - Upgrade"

Gregory
Gregory
  • Predictions:  6,817  |  63.3%
  • Forum Posts:  18,565
  • Post Score: 275

12.03.2010 | 8:06 AM ET

I wonder if there are any legal/liability issues of pairing someone up with Mayhem Miller and sending them around the globe.

"I live, I die, I live again."

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• UFC.com : Bonus Coverage | UFC 301: Pantoja vs Erceg
  • MMA Junkie : UFC 301 results: Alexandre Pantoja ekes by Steve Erceg to retain title in thrilling five-round battle
  • MMA Junkie : Canelo Alvarez drops, beats overmatched Jaime Munguia to retain 168-pound title
  • Middle Easy : Alexandre Pantoja Outsmarts Steve Erceg To Razor-Close Decision, Retains Title – UFC 301 Results (Highlights)
  • MMA Junkie : Social media reacts to Alexandre Pantoja's title defense over Steve Erceg at UFC 301
  • MMA Mania : LIVE! Watch UFC 301 Post-Fight Presser Here
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘Canelo carried him the whole fight’: Bud Crawford and more pros react to Canelo vs Munguia
  • MMA Mania : Highlights! Canelo Hands Munguia First Career Knockdown
  • Bad Left Hook : Canelo drops Jaime Munguia, wins clear decision to retain titles: Highlights
  • MMA Mania : Canelo Dominates For Decisive Title Defense
  • MMAFighting.com : ‘No words for how impressive that was’: Pros react to Jose Aldo’s vintage win at UFC 301
  • Bad Left Hook : Highlights and results: The Best and Wildest from Redneck Brawl 6
  • MMA Junkie : UFC 301 results: Jose Aldo sharp in return from retirement, outpoints Jonathan Martinez for decisive victory
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 301 results: Jose Aldo hints at another title run after lopsided win over Jonathan Martinez
  • MMA Junkie : Social media reacts to Jose Aldo's victory over Jonathan Martinez in final contract bout at UFC 301
  • Middle Easy : Vintage Jose Aldo Unleashes Striking Clinic On Jonathan Martinez, Wins Decision – UFC 301 Results (Highlights)
  • MMAFighting.com : Jose Aldo vs. Jonathan Martinez full fight video highlights
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 301 live blog: Alexandre Pantoja vs. Steve Erceg
  • MMA Mania : Aldo Hasn’t Lost A Step, Topples Ranked Martinez In Rio
  • MMA Mania : Highlights! ‘Lionheart’ Delivers Huge Upset Submission In Brazil