Topic: Weidman vs. Romero

Weidman vs. Romero

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Oddsbot
Oddsbot
  • Predictions:  8,729  |  73.8%
  • Forum Posts:  17,617
  • Post Score: 60

09.07.2016 | 6:08 PM ET

Prediction: wrong Weidman   wrong Decision  

This is the official discussion thread for Weidman vs. Romero. Let's see what you've got.

"This is the droid you're looking for."

Responses Page 3

OutlawJoseyWales
OutlawJoseyWales
  • Predictions:  10,186  |  59.6%
  • Forum Posts:  1,392
  • Post Score: -147

11.16.2016 | 4:06 PM ET

finally the RESPECT for my guy YOOOOOel.  66%  percent took weidman.. hahahahahaha. never go against an olympian especially when their an underdog. it's obvious romero loves being the underdog and proving people wrong.

* Edited at 11.16.2016, 4:08 PM ET *

This user is suspended from posting until 1 year, 6 months, 2 weeks, 3 days, 2 hours, and 43 minutes from now.
mbach4307
mbach4307
  • Predictions:  934  |  60.1%
  • Forum Posts:  887
  • Post Score: 137

11.16.2016 | 5:59 PM ET

Prediction: correct Romero   correct KO/TKO   wrong Round 1  

Man, I thought Chris looked great in the 1st round. He was doing well in the 2nd, until that td. Yoel is a freak with his takedowns and pivots on top. But he timed that knee beautifully in the 3rd. He set Chris up with a body kick earlier. He noticed Chris was leaning in to catch the kick and go for the td. So in the 3rd he feinted, then when Chris leaned, BOOM goes the dynamite.

Great fight from both guys. In my eyes, Chris is still at the top of the heap. He lost to two of the elite guys in mma, not just at mw. And it's not like he was outclassed in either fight. He was starting to really put in on Luke until he went for that spinning wheel kick. In the Yoel fight, I had it one round a piece. So I think Chris should get the winner of Brunson vs Whittaker next.

"Where are my shoes?"

rappinpapsoda
rappinpapsoda
  • Predictions:  71,515  |  59.8%
  • Forum Posts:  8,601
  • Post Score: 69

11.17.2016 | 6:12 AM ET

I agree, he won the first round. He took down an Olympic Silver medalist for God's sake.

"The only thing predictable about MMA is that it is unpredictable."

Lopati
Lopati
  • Predictions:  18,574  |  61.4%
  • Forum Posts:  13,352
  • Post Score: 179

11.17.2016 | 4:45 PM ET

Weidman winning the damn fight and gets caught. 

I still think he is top 2-3 in division. 

"One does not hunt in order to kill; on the contrary, one kills in order to have hunted. If one were to present the sportsman with the death of the animal as a gift he would refuse it." Jose Ortega y Gasset

dtrain24
dtrain24
  • Predictions:  12,021  |  65.8%
  • Forum Posts:  3,212
  • Post Score: 235

11.17.2016 | 5:25 PM ET

Prediction: wrong Weidman   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 3  

@Yoss I hope you didn't misinterpret what I meant, haha. Romero still technically "landed" the knee, but maybe it wasn't the best word choice. Still, that was a great strike from Romero and props to him for the win. The fight was definitely a round a piece though before that. Anything can happen, and that's why I love MMA. 

Anyway, I was mostly replying to StreamFan's lamebrain comment that Romero and Rockhold are "FAR superior" to Weidman. 

* Edited at 11.17.2016, 5:27 PM ET *

"His legacy is money. My legacy is smesh." -Khabib

WastelandWanderer
WastelandWanderer
  • Predictions:  155,871  |  66.6%
  • Forum Posts:  13,491
  • Post Score: 130

11.17.2016 | 9:04 PM ET

Prediction: correct Romero   correct KO/TKO   wrong Round 2  

"I am the greatest blonde man in the world. I am Tru Viking." - Alexander Gustaffsson / "The world must bow to my glory. I am a God amongst mortals. They must pay me tribute in wine and concubine for my deeds." - Jon Jones "

rappinpapsoda
rappinpapsoda

11.18.2016 | 6:07 AM ET

Good wrestling match.

Mark Schwarzenbach
Mark Schwarzenbach
  • Predictions:  246  |  51.2%
  • Forum Posts:  1
  • Post Score: 0

11.18.2016 | 9:27 AM ET

Yoel Romero vs Michael Bisping

If Yoel fights for the title, Bisping would have a tough test on his hands but i recon Bisping will be able to survive Yoel's power.

"The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried"

Bigj383
Bigj383
  • Predictions:  8,546  |  63.8%
  • Forum Posts:  5,417
  • Post Score: 187

11.18.2016 | 3:13 PM ET

Prediction: wrong Weidman   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 3  

I like Bisping and his whole Cinderella story but the likelihood if him surviving Yoels Power and wrestling game is slim. It's MMA and anything could happen but I put Bispings chance of victory honestly around 20%

"It does not make sense that humans deliberately malfunction. - Upgrade"

PilloryChoke
PilloryChoke
  • Predictions:  32,159  |  64.3%
  • Forum Posts:  2,974
  • Post Score: 195

11.18.2016 | 6:13 PM ET

Bisping should just foul the hell out of Romero. It's his best shot and nobody would really care because it would be happening to Romero.

"When Conor fought Cowboy, he looked like a lion. When he fights stronger opponents, he looks like a scared chicken." - Khabib

zarog
zarog
  • Predictions:  2,855  |  63.8%
  • Forum Posts:  4,174
  • Post Score: 241

11.18.2016 | 6:43 PM ET

Prediction: correct Romero   wrong Decision  

It's like you think that isn't the gameplan in every fight.

"Surrender??!! You think this letter on my head stands for France?" - Captain America

rappinpapsoda
rappinpapsoda

11.19.2016 | 9:29 AM ET

Yeah, that is true.

Lewis_ENG
Lewis_ENG
  • Predictions:  77  |  57.1%
  • Forum Posts:  69
  • Post Score: -186

11.20.2016 | 10:05 PM ET

P4B prayforBisping :;;;;;; ((((

"After all is said and done, more is said than done." Aesop

Page 3

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Junkie : 'Thank you for making my life easy': MMA community celebrates Mother's Day on social media
  • MMAFighting.com : Ciryl Gane to carry Olympic torch ahead of 2024 Olympic Games in Paris
  • MMA Mania : Matches To Make After UFC St. Louis
  • MMA Junkie : 5 biggest takeaways from UFC on ESPN 56: Derrick Lewis magic returns and Dana White criticism of main card winner
  • MMA Junkie : Video: Ex-Bellator title challenger Alejandra Lara bloodies opponent in first-round TKO win
  • MMA Junkie : Joaquin Buckley shifts to Gilbert Burns after unrealistic Conor McGregor callout: 'I'm definitely not going to get that'
  • MMA Mania : Lewis Ready To ‘Dibble Dabble’ In WWE, On One Condition...
  • MMA Mania : Lewis Ready To ‘Dibble Dabble’ In WWE (On One Condition)
  • MMAFighting.com : Deontay Wilder concerned for Mike Tyson in Jake Paul fight: ‘God forbid he gets hurt’
  • MMA Junkie : Mick Maynard's Shoes: What's next for Derrick Lewis after UFC on ESPN 56 knockout win?
  • MMAFighting.com : Olympic champ David Taylor closes door on wrestling, potential MMA career after becoming Oklahoma State coach
  • MMA Junkie : Former UFC champ Andrei Arlovski added to Conor McGregor vs. Michael Chandler card at UFC 303
  • Middle Easy : Derrick Lewis Plans To ‘Dibble Dabble’ In WWE While Fighting For UFC
  • MMA Junkie : Bryce Mitchell down with Sean Woodson's UFC St. Louis callout: 'I need some money'
  • MMAFighting.com : Mateusz Rebecki reveals gruesome aftermath of stoppage loss to Diego Ferreira in new hospital photo
  • MMA Mania : ‘We Gotta Get Out Of The Apex’
  • MMA Mania : Latest UFC 302 Fight Card, PPV Lineup
  • MMA Junkie : Dana White says UFC plans to hit road more in 2024: 'We've got to get out of the Apex'
  • MMAFighting.com : One-time WBC title challenger Artur Szpilka has wild walkout at KSW 94, then gets iced in 14 seconds
  • Middle Easy : Dana White Confirms Jon Jones Will Face Stipe Miocic Not Alex Pereira, Conor McGregor vs. Michael Chandler Sets New Record In Gate Sales