Topic: Rory MacDonald

Rory MacDonald has signed with Bellator!

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

MikeLovesTacos XD
MikeLovesTacos XD
  • Predictions:  30,413  |  59.3%
  • Forum Posts:  22,488
  • Post Score: 203

08.24.2016 | 12:32 PM ET

"Why are you booing me? I am the GOAT. **** you." - Patricio "Pitbull" Freire

Rory "Red King" MacDonald

Fighter Details

• Name: Rory MacDonald
  • Pro MMA Record: 23-10-1 (Win-Loss-Draw)
  • Nickname: Red King
  • Current Streak: 2 Losses
  • Last Fight: August 13, 2022 in PFL
  • Weight Class: Welterweight | Last Weigh-In: 171.0 lbs
  • Affiliation: Tristar Gym
  • Height: 6'0" (183cm) | Reach: 76.0" (193cm)
  • Career Disclosed Earnings: $1,290,000 USD
  • Born: Quesnel, British Columbia, Canada
  • Fighting out of: Deerfield Beach, FL
  • Head Coach: Firas Zahabi
  • Other Coaches: N/A
  • Fighter Links:
  • Personal Links:

Responses Page 2

rotojohn
rotojohn
  • Predictions:  240,140  |  63.5%
  • Forum Posts:  238
  • Post Score: 279

08.24.2016 | 5:14 PM ET

When Top level fighters like Bendo and Rory leave the UFC what they are saying is That they value money over competition.Which may be good for the wallet but not for Legacy if they care about that. For Rory he may be just to0 beaten up and needs a reset with lower level fighters to build confidence. Dont know if the UFC will take any fighter back after they left.
Kuma
Kuma
  • Predictions:  40,051  |  67.3%
  • Forum Posts:  2,845
  • Post Score: 210

08.24.2016 | 5:31 PM ET

I think the recent Rory is as good as any version,if not better.He beat Maia,beat the current Champ easily,Ko's Tarec,almost Ko's Lawler before finally going down with his nose literally separated from his skull,then loses to Wonderboy who's been looking nothing short of phenomenal in a fight that I don't think was that good for him stylistically.

I see a lot of people saying he's not the same,or has gone downhill and I don't really see that.He might go downhill a little bit now since guys tend to let off the gas a little after leaving the UFC and not training like a champion cause their opponents are generally not the same level as UFC elite.I think he's looked great,just hard to look good against Wonderboy and the Lawler fight,which he almost won was super competitive till the end.The Koreshkov fight would be awesome and good for him leaving the UFC,although I wish he stayed.

Edit: off the top of my head I can't think of anyone ever leaving the UFC,going to Bellator then being accepted(for a lack of a better term) back.UFC gets all butthurt.

* Edited at 08.24.2016, 5:33 PM ET *

mulefloyd
mulefloyd
  • Predictions:  15,514  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  8,798
  • Post Score: 180

08.24.2016 | 5:45 PM ET

Rampage and Ben Saunders come to mind

"Grammar. The difference between knowing your **** and knowing you're ****."

GreenHornet
GreenHornet
  • Predictions:  42,804  |  62.5%
  • Forum Posts:  10,325
  • Post Score: 203

08.24.2016 | 6:38 PM ET

This is by far Coker's best signing.  I hope he can start bringing in some more names.  I'm really pumped for Bellator's future.

"..."

SlongKong
SlongKong
  • Predictions:  153  |  64.7%
  • Forum Posts:  845
  • Post Score: 56

08.24.2016 | 7:07 PM ET

@rotojohn

when posters make comments like this what they are really saying is they value stupidity over intelligence.

"I'll fight any man; Any animal. If Jesus were here; I'd fight him too.- Mike Tyson; Downvote me if you want this ****"

Bigj383
Bigj383
  • Predictions:  8,546  |  63.8%
  • Forum Posts:  5,417
  • Post Score: 187

08.24.2016 | 7:59 PM ET

@Yossgold Bellator is definitely paying Ben and Rory more than the UFC was willing too which would have to be a pretty penny. There is no doubt they will make more in Bellator especially considering where they are at in their careers. They are veterans with well known names Henderson has already been champ so he has nothing left to prove and should just make as much as possible until he retires. Rory has had a couple of shots to be champion and has fallen short but will the opportunity again in Bellator and to be marketed as such if he does in fact get the title.

"It does not make sense that humans deliberately malfunction. - Upgrade"

rappinpapsoda
rappinpapsoda
  • Predictions:  71,515  |  59.8%
  • Forum Posts:  8,601
  • Post Score: 69

08.25.2016 | 5:52 AM ET

Rory will be a big fish in a small pond.

"The only thing predictable about MMA is that it is unpredictable."

Page 2

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Mania : ‘Bullet’ Wants ‘Demolidor’ In Saudi Arabia
  • MMA Junkie : 'Thank you for making my life easy': MMA community celebrates Mother's Day on social media
  • MMAFighting.com : Ciryl Gane to carry Olympic torch ahead of 2024 Olympic Games in Paris
  • MMA Mania : Matches To Make After UFC St. Louis
  • MMA Junkie : 5 biggest takeaways from UFC on ESPN 56: Derrick Lewis magic returns and Dana White criticism of main card winner
  • MMA Junkie : Video: Ex-Bellator title challenger Alejandra Lara bloodies opponent in first-round TKO win
  • MMA Junkie : Joaquin Buckley shifts to Gilbert Burns after unrealistic Conor McGregor callout: 'I'm definitely not going to get that'
  • MMA Mania : Lewis Ready To ‘Dibble Dabble’ In WWE, On One Condition...
  • MMA Mania : Lewis Ready To ‘Dibble Dabble’ In WWE (On One Condition)
  • MMAFighting.com : Deontay Wilder concerned for Mike Tyson in Jake Paul fight: ‘God forbid he gets hurt’
  • MMA Junkie : Mick Maynard's Shoes: What's next for Derrick Lewis after UFC on ESPN 56 knockout win?
  • MMAFighting.com : Olympic champ David Taylor closes door on wrestling, potential MMA career after becoming Oklahoma State coach
  • MMA Junkie : Former UFC champ Andrei Arlovski added to Conor McGregor vs. Michael Chandler card at UFC 303
  • Middle Easy : Derrick Lewis Plans To ‘Dibble Dabble’ In WWE While Fighting For UFC
  • MMA Junkie : Bryce Mitchell down with Sean Woodson's UFC St. Louis callout: 'I need some money'
  • MMAFighting.com : Mateusz Rebecki reveals gruesome aftermath of stoppage loss to Diego Ferreira in new hospital photo
  • MMA Mania : ‘We Gotta Get Out Of The Apex’
  • MMA Mania : Latest UFC 302 Fight Card, PPV Lineup
  • MMA Junkie : Dana White says UFC plans to hit road more in 2024: 'We've got to get out of the Apex'
  • MMAFighting.com : One-time WBC title challenger Artur Szpilka has wild walkout at KSW 94, then gets iced in 14 seconds