Topic: Namajunas vs. Kowalkiewicz

Namajunas vs. Kowalkiewicz

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Oddsbot
Oddsbot
  • Predictions:  8,816  |  73.9%
  • Forum Posts:  17,668
  • Post Score: 60

06.07.2016 | 12:09 AM ET

This is the official discussion thread for Namajunas vs. Kowalkiewicz. Let's see what you've got.

"This is the droid you're looking for."

Responses Page 2

PilloryChoke
PilloryChoke
  • Predictions:  32,480  |  64.3%
  • Forum Posts:  2,978
  • Post Score: 194

06.09.2016 | 7:02 PM ET

Prediction: wrong Namajunas   wrong Decision  

Rose has been looking better and I think I'll favor her here but I really wasn't too impressed with her performance against Tecia. Felt like she couldn't really get an advantage on the ground where I expected her to, and she sort of took the third round off even though the first two rounds were pretty close. Didn't compare to how technically dominant she looked against Paige, and while Tecia is better I still don't know if Rose will ever quite live up to her hype.

"When Conor fought Cowboy, he looked like a lion. When he fights stronger opponents, he looks like a scared chicken." - Khabib

Leto1776
Leto1776
  • Predictions:  716  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  93
  • Post Score: 45

07.26.2016 | 9:11 AM ET

Prediction: correct Kowalkiewicz   correct Decision  

Karolina is a better striker with more diverse weapons than anyone Rose has faced before. She also has excellent takedown defense.

"I wake up in the morning, and I piss excellence" Ricky Bobby

lldowntoearthll
lldowntoearthll
  • Predictions:  3,988  |  60.7%
  • Forum Posts:  1,380
  • Post Score: 40

07.26.2016 | 3:13 PM ET

Another fight that people are overzealously picking a finish in. Karolina isn't a KO arist and while it's possible for rose, I think both girls are durable enough standing to keep it up and make it to the bell. Edge to rose for creativity and aggression.
mikeyg
mikeyg
  • Predictions:  7,871  |  66.6%
  • Forum Posts:  6,232
  • Post Score: 113

07.27.2016 | 4:49 AM ET

Prediction: wrong Namajunas   wrong Submission   wrong Round 2  

Rose can take down anyone in the division that doesn't have good wrestling or TDD. Karolina hasn't tested her TDD against anyone that good and she's arguably lost some of her recent wins. Not saying this will be cake-walk for Rose but I expect another Paige VanZant performance out of her here. She's at a better camp, her grappling dwarfs Karolina, and the competition faced is not even close.
This user is suspended from posting until 4 years, 2 months, 2 days, 21 hours, and 22 minutes from now.
yossgold
yossgold
  • Predictions:  67,564  |  62.2%
  • Forum Posts:  14,550
  • Post Score: 295

07.27.2016 | 12:27 PM ET

Eh, I think what won her the fight against PVZ is exactly the fight she cannot win against Kowalkiewicz. She frustrated Paige by boxing her up from outside Paige's range. Rose's boxing has improved vastly, but I think she loses a boxing match to Karolina. She's not THAT good at it yet and had a very singular approach against Paige that consisted of mainly jabs and 1-2s. That kind of non-varied approach won't work against Karolina.

As for TDD, Karolina has great balance, is strong and Rose is more of a clinch'n'trip or clinch'n'toss kinda gal, so I don't really see that being too much for Karolina to handle either.

Rose is great, but I feel this fight is tailored stylistically towards Karolina. I feel Rose's best chance would be on the mat (though I don't see her getting Karolina there or holding her down being that easy) but Rose has become very confident in her striking (as she should) and I don't think she understands just how raw it still is, especially compared to Karolina's. She'll get her licks in and touch up Karolina's face a bit, but I feel there'll be quite the speed and skill difference and Karolina will have a much more varied attack and put on more volume for another tough decision win.

* Edited at 07.27.2016, 12:28 PM ET *

"Hay lohh you Mike, ay lov you Mike. Hyou say somesing like di fo me, and naw I say you ... I LOV YOU! See you som. Boy." -- Yoel Romero, UFC 205

mikeyg
mikeyg

07.27.2016 | 10:16 PM ET

What? Taking her down and dominating on the ground? That was the majority of the PVZ fight. Of course she can do that to Karolina. Tecia is a better version of Karolina without the reach and height

* Edited at 07.27.2016, 10:17 PM ET *

This user is suspended from posting until 4 years, 2 months, 2 days, 21 hours, and 22 minutes from now.
bigboys401
bigboys401
  • Predictions:  5,792  |  60.9%
  • Forum Posts:  22
  • Post Score: 73

07.27.2016 | 11:37 PM ET

This is so disrespectful to Karolina
mikeyg
mikeyg

07.28.2016 | 12:10 AM ET

Analogies are disrespectful...Okay then, we obviously just disagree about where Karolina is.
yossgold
yossgold

07.28.2016 | 3:19 AM ET

@mikeyg, watch the fight again, the only reason the PVZ fight got to the ground so much was because PVZ clinched her, not the other way around. Rose was super happy to fight the whole fight striking. Which is something I think, at least to start the fight off, she'll try to do against Karolina.

Karolina won't be forcing clinches so she'll be harder to take down, Karolina knows how to manage distance, PVZ doesn't, Karolina will most likely tag Rose WAY more on the feet than PVZ. Rose isn't a TD artist. She banks on certain situations to take girls down, she doesn't have that as a high percentage option if she sees the striking game isn't going her way and I personally believe that in this fight the striking game won't go her way because she lack speed, experience, options.

And I don't think the Karolina/Tecia analogy is anywhere close to reality. They're not anywhere close to each other stylistically, physically or in any other aspect of the sport. Also, I don't think Tecia's better than Karolina anyway, let alone a better version of her, but that's just my opinion.

EDIT:: By the way, don't get me wrong, I see this as a very evenly matched fight and wouldn't be compltely surprised if Rose dominated from bell to bell or finished the fight early nor if Karolina dominated the fight from bell to bell (would be a little surprised if Karolina finished it early). I was just highlighting the little things that make me think Karolina has the tools to edge the evenly matched fight in her direction.

* Edited at 07.28.2016, 5:54 AM ET *

"Hay lohh you Mike, ay lov you Mike. Hyou say somesing like di fo me, and naw I say you ... I LOV YOU! See you som. Boy." -- Yoel Romero, UFC 205

mikeyg
mikeyg

07.28.2016 | 6:56 AM ET

Yeah, I think Rose easily beats her in the clinch and puts her there at will if she wants.

I really don't see how Karolina wins unless Rose fights stupidly.
yossgold
yossgold

07.28.2016 | 2:07 PM ET

I don't have enough "evidence" to say you're wrong, as of now I'm going mainly on hunches and the way I see the stylistic clash. As you stated before, though she's won, none of Karolina's fights have been dominant so far, so based on what we've seen to date, your points hold most ground.

LeetKuneDo
LeetKuneDo
  • Predictions:  458  |  53.3%
  • Forum Posts:  8
  • Post Score: 38

07.28.2016 | 3:51 PM ET

Thug Rose will use her submission skills to force Kowalkiewicz to tap in the 2nd round.
WastelandWanderer
WastelandWanderer
  • Predictions:  155,871  |  66.6%
  • Forum Posts:  13,491
  • Post Score: 130

07.29.2016 | 8:36 AM ET

This will be great action bout , but these two should be particularly intense this time, as their lands of heritage , Lithuania and Poland have quite an intertwined and storied and history together ( mostly positive in the larger picture , but also with some negative times too ..)

* Edited at 07.29.2016, 8:37 AM ET *

"I am the greatest blonde man in the world. I am Tru Viking." - Alexander Gustaffsson / "The world must bow to my glory. I am a God amongst mortals. They must pay me tribute in wine and concubine for my deeds." - Jon Jones "

Page 2

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Junkie : UFC postpones Conor McGregor vs. Michael Chandler press conference in Dublin
  • MMA Mania : McGregor Slags Arthur Guinness As Stout War Turns Hot
  • MMA Mania : Costa Done With Points: ‘I Will Take Heads Off’
  • MMA Junkie : UFC full fight video: Watch Conor McGregor's history-making KO of Eddie Alvarez
  • MMAFighting.com : Jailton Almeida explains UFC Paris callout, predicts finish of Ciryl Gane
  • MMA Junkie : UFC 302 post-event facts: Islam Makhachev joins exclusive club with 14-fight winning streak
  • MMA Mania : Matches To Make After UFC 302
  • MMAFighting.com : Better or worse? UFC 302 winners grade the new UFC gloves
  • MMA Junkie : Kevin Holland breaks down armbar finish of Michal Oleksiejczuk at UFC 302
  • MMA Junkie : Jailton Almeida wants UFC main event fight vs. Ciryl Gane in Paris: 'I can see myself finishing him'
  • MMAFighting.com : Watch epic promo for UFC 303: Conor McGregor vs. Michael Chandler
  • Jits Magazine : Tainan Dalpra Diqualified From IBJJF World Championship 2024
  • MMA Junkie : Sean Shelby's Shoes: What's next for Dustin Poirier after UFC 302 title loss?
  • MMAFighting.com : Kevin Holland ‘heard the pop’ during nasty arm break on Michal Oleksiejczuk at UFC 302
  • MMA Mania : ‘I Can Still Compete With These Guys’
  • MMA Junkie : 'Today Islam grew a lot': Khabib Nurmagomedov praises Makhachev's performance at UFC 302
  • MMAFighting.com : Frustrated Paulo Costa vows to bring back old style after UFC 302 loss: ‘F*ck points or conserving energy’
  • MMA Junkie : Sean Shelby's Shoes: What's next for Islam Makhachev after UFC 302 title defense?
  • MMA Mania : Mak Reacts To White’s P4P Demotion
  • MMAFighting.com : Sean Strickland vows to wait ‘as long as it takes’ for title shot after UFC 302, slams inactive fighters