Topic: Jones vs. Johnson

Jones vs. Johnson

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Oddsbot
Oddsbot
  • Predictions:  8,883  |  73.9%
  • Forum Posts:  17,701
  • Post Score: 60

01.28.2015 | 3:39 PM ET

This is the official discussion thread for Jones vs. Johnson. Let's see what you've got.

"This is the droid you're looking for."

Responses Page 7

CthulhuJones
CthulhuJones
  • Predictions:  40,133  |  60.1%
  • Forum Posts:  9,674
  • Post Score: 286

04.27.2015 | 9:14 AM ET

Prediction: Jones  |  Submission  |  Round 3

Good luck sweeping a massive felony under the rug. His ass is going to jail for a while if he's guilty.
This user is suspended from posting until 1 year, 4 months, 6 days, 13 hours, and 2 minutes from now.
rappinpapsoda
rappinpapsoda
  • Predictions:  71,570  |  59.8%
  • Forum Posts:  8,603
  • Post Score: 69

04.27.2015 | 9:21 AM ET

If this is true, then I guess he cannot really judge anyone anymore on morality.

"The only thing predictable about MMA is that it is unpredictable."

theMMAmessiah
theMMAmessiah
  • Predictions:  7,993  |  66.5%
  • Forum Posts:  8,433
  • Post Score: 103

04.27.2015 | 9:23 AM ET

Felonies are swept under the rug all the time, it's called having money. 
CthulhuJones
CthulhuJones

04.27.2015 | 10:28 AM ET

This isn't getting swept under ****. Jon Jones is getting swept into a prison.
This user is suspended from posting until 1 year, 4 months, 6 days, 13 hours, and 2 minutes from now.
theMMAmessiah
theMMAmessiah

04.27.2015 | 10:31 AM ET

How gullible are you? If you think Jon Jones goes to PRISON for this, I've got a bridge to sell you. 

It will be practically impossible to hit him for a DUI since he left the scene, that pregnant woman and whoever this witness is will get a 100 grand and will quit cooperating. Jon will fight again if not on 187, before 2015 is out. 
CthulhuJones
CthulhuJones

04.27.2015 | 10:38 AM ET

Sorry, didn't realize you were a paralegal as well as a waiter and a professional fight picker/*** ever. Just because he fights on UFC 187 or before 2015 is over doesn't mean he won't be going to jail. Court dates, trials, etc, all take time to complete. I'd rather eat molten steel than attempt to carry on a conversation with your arrogant ass though.
theMMAmessiah
theMMAmessiah

04.27.2015 | 10:43 AM ET

Why because you're an idiot who is convinced he's going to prison when he doesn't even have a warrant yet? 

I'd start listing the long list of people more famous, less famous, with much more heinous acts who got off scot-free but I have serious doubt in your logic in order to follow along. 

CthulhuJones
CthulhuJones

04.27.2015 | 10:49 AM ET

I don't give a **** honestly. He's been named a suspect and is wanted for questioning in a multiple felony. He's not Donald Trump. If he's found guilty the police aren't gonna go "Ah, no big deal that you have cocaine in your urine screen and you hit a pregnant woman in your car and fled the scene. You're famous!" Nah. Maybe in messiah land, not in reality. I can see how all the past incidents where MMA fighters committed felonies and were left off the hook may have confused you, but no. Thiago Silva, War Machine, Mayhem, etc. MMA fighters aren't to the level of fame where they can just trample all over the law without repercussions.
bklettke
bklettke
  • Predictions:  2,109  |  64.7%
  • Forum Posts:  1,761
  • Post Score: 117

04.27.2015 | 11:06 AM ET

Prediction: Jones  |  Decision

I don't really care what happens to the guy judicially. I think we've all seen plenty of cases in which we could argue the validity of a judicial ruling. What needs to happen is a harsh internal punishment from the UFC. I mean the guy has quite the rap sheet now inside, and unfortunately, outside the cage:

- DUI after crashing car with several women inside
- tests positive for "white medicine" one month prior to a fight
- several reports amongst the MMA community stating prior and current use
- suspect in hit & run involving pregnant woman

I mean come on Jon!

If the guy was willing to take a risk and use during training camp before what makes us think he'd change his ways after a one night stint in rehab? Par tof me thinks he wasn't really looking to train more frequently, but maybe it's easier to get some higher quality coke near the mexican border??? Hmmm....

OK - that's speculation, but the guy needs a serious wake-up call from the UFC. If JBJ really was the guy who hit this pregnant woman and ran I believe we'll be seeing a LHW "vacant" title fight at UFC 187.

CthulhuJones
CthulhuJones

04.27.2015 | 11:20 AM ET

Upon reviewing the hit and run laws in New Mexico any hit and run that does not result in great physical harm or death is only viewed as a misdemeanor, so he could avoid jail time for that. Now if the story of him being in possession of cocaine, or under the influence of cocaine is true, I still say he'll do time, but the likelihood of them being able to determine that is going to be fairly low I would guess considering he has 4 weeks to answer the summons put out by the Albuquerque PD. It would be really nice if they could somehow pin him on the dui and possession charges, but probably won't happen. Nothing will be swept under the rug though.
Follow The Money
Follow The Money
  • Predictions:  5,951  |  61.7%
  • Forum Posts:  2,031
  • Post Score: 150

04.27.2015 | 11:27 AM ET

Prediction: Johnson  |  KO/TKO  |  Round 2

I just hope my plan goes through.

hdmexiqtioner
hdmexiqtioner
  • Predictions:  9,964  |  57.9%
  • Forum Posts:  5,398
  • Post Score: 283

04.27.2015 | 11:51 AM ET

Prediction: Johnson  |  KO/TKO  |  Round 1

uhh ohh 

He was probably high and thought he was shooting another reebok commercial. Running away from the accident and ****.

"Don't argue with an idiot, they will bring you down to their level and beat you with experience." - Bark Twain

joking_joe
joking_joe
  • Predictions:  6,589  |  65.4%
  • Forum Posts:  945
  • Post Score: 393

04.27.2015 | 11:54 AM ET

TMZ.com:

Investigators found marijuana and a marijuana pipe inside the car that Jon Jones allegedly abandoned moments after a hit and run crash in New Mexico ... cops say. 

TMZ Sports has obtained the police report ... in which cops say witnesses saw a man believed to be the UFC champ run from the crash scene moments after slamming into a car carrying  a pregnant woman. 

One witness says Jones got out of his car -- a silver Buick -- and then went back into his car to grab a "large handful of cash" ... before running off into the hills. 

At one point, a witness say Jones jumped a fence in his escape. 

As for the initial crash, cops say Jones ran a red light ... and slammed into the pregnant woman's car. The woman told responders she felt like she was going to pass out. She was taken to a nearby hospital. 

Cops tried multiple times to contact Jones -- but were unable to reach the UFC superstar. 

Story developing ... 

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2015/04/27/jon-jones-drugs-found-in-crash-car/#ixzz3YWbCouj8

shot2thesac
shot2thesac
  • Predictions:  20,255  |  62.0%
  • Forum Posts:  3,306
  • Post Score: 137

04.27.2015 | 11:59 AM ET

Here you go, Lulu....

"#KnockersSucsk -- Gaycism is wrong -- Everything is YOSSholm"

GreenHornet
GreenHornet
  • Predictions:  42,804  |  62.5%
  • Forum Posts:  10,325
  • Post Score: 203

04.27.2015 | 12:19 PM ET

@Cthulhu Couldn't Jones still get big jail time for Driving Under the Influence of drugs?

"..."

Brazilian Jitz
Brazilian Jitz
  • Predictions:  3,516  |  61.3%
  • Forum Posts:  6,816
  • Post Score: 211

04.27.2015 | 12:27 PM ET

I still remember coming on here in 2011, one of my first post, saying how Jon was a massive ********** to me and my friend, and I thought he was a ******. many people didnt believe.

#prophecy2015 #kony2012 jk

"Albert Fish... I mean that guy was a real jerk!"

psychicdeath
psychicdeath
  • Predictions:  38,372  |  62.9%
  • Forum Posts:  3,198
  • Post Score: 261

04.27.2015 | 12:33 PM ET

MMA Fighting article, including the police report.

http://www.mmafighting.com/2015/4/27/8503595/man-identified-as-jon-jones-allegedly-fled-on-foot-from-accident

Sounds like they'll press charges as soon as they verify the condition of the lady (likely misdemeanor for minor injuries, but the possibility of a felony if it's more serious than reported so far).

"I shall not cause harm to any vehicle nor the personal contents thereof, nor through inaction let that vehicle or the personal contents thereof come to harm. It's what I call the Repo Code, kid. "

rappinpapsoda
rappinpapsoda
  • Predictions:  71,570  |  59.8%
  • Forum Posts:  8,603
  • Post Score: 69

04.27.2015 | 12:39 PM ET

If jones does get stripped of his title, do you think they will have an interim fight at UFC 187?

"The only thing predictable about MMA is that it is unpredictable."

Follow The Money
Follow The Money
  • Predictions:  5,951  |  61.7%
  • Forum Posts:  2,031
  • Post Score: 150

04.27.2015 | 12:40 PM ET

Nah, just bump Weidman/Vitor to main.  They'll probably  make OSP/Johnson.
legacyofmisfortune
legacyofmisfortune
  • Predictions:  14,159  |  63.5%
  • Forum Posts:  5,349
  • Post Score: 240

04.27.2015 | 1:02 PM ET

whatever happens legally, the UFC will be stupid if they don act on this, they should at least suspend him 1 year if not more, and if they do that they should take away the belt, which they probably won´t, I think they will suspend him and make an interim belt to fight Jones when he comes back. I can also see them tryin/paying for this to go away, so it wont affect the UFC image, but that´s going to end up costing them more money, It hasn´t been six months since they cought Jones on coke and now hes smoking weed and fleeing from accidents,  I only see Jones getting worse and if the UFC keeps vouching for him and getting him out of trouble sooner or later it´s going to bite them in the ass.

"he is going to the hospital, and im going to the after party, ha ha ha" Nate Diaz

Page 7

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Bad Left Hook : PREDICTIONS: Tank Davis vs Frank Martin and five more fights!
  • Jits Magazine : Four American Competitors Invited To Make Debut At ADCC 2024
  • Jits Magazine : Top Gi Competitor Fellipe Andrew Joins Craig Jones Invitational
  • Jits Magazine : Who’s Number One 24: Gordon Ryan vs Josh Saunders Full Preview
  • Middle Easy : Israel Adesanya Is ‘Coming for Heads,’ Not Titles, When He Makes Return to the UFC
  • MMA Junkie : Video: Anderson Silva gives Chael Sonnen a rose in their faceoff ahead of boxing match in Brazil
  • Middle Easy : Chael Sonnen Refuses to Make the Same Mistake in Boxing That He Did in MMA Against Anderson Silva
  • MMA Junkie : Jake Paul says he would ‘kill’ Sean O’Malley, wants to fight at UFC 303 before Mike Tyson bout
  • Middle Easy : Sean O’Malley’s Coach Questions the Quality of Conor McGregor’s Sparring Partners Ahead of UFC 303
  • MMA Junkie : Ex-GLORY Kickboxing champ Simon Marcus resumes path toward UFC
  • MMA Junkie : Joshua Van relieved to make it to UFC on ESPN 58 fight week after several bout cancellations
  • Middle Easy : 19 Year-Old Raul Rosas Jr. Chasing After Jon Jones’ UFC Record: ‘I Got 4 Years To Break It’
  • MMA Junkie : Why UFC contender Merab Dvalishvili decided to no longer 'chase the finish' in fights
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘Could be over early’: Ellerbe says Tank does everything better than Martin
  • MMA Junkie : Beneil Dariush no longer chasing UFC fight vs. Dustin Poirier: 'That shipped has passed'
  • Middle Easy : Report: Conor McGregor vs. Michael Chandler ‘Not Looking Good’, UFC Is Hoping For ‘Plan B’ Or ‘Plan C’
  • MMA Junkie : Daniel Cormier: Middle finger was not directed at Jon Jones in UFC 'Fight Inc' documentary
  • Bad Left Hook : Espinoza signs with Top Rank ahead of June 21 title defense
  • Bad Left Hook : Golden Boy undercard for June 27 show headlined by Fulghum vs Ellis
  • Middle Easy : Dricus Du Plessis ‘Ready’ To Face Israel Adesanya, ‘Would Love’ To Fight Khamzat Chimaev If He Beats Robert Whittaker