Topic: Fantasy & Games

Destroy All Oddsbots 2: Electric Boogaloo Team Thread

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

psychicdeath
psychicdeath
  • Predictions:  38,346  |  62.9%
  • Forum Posts:  3,198
  • Post Score: 261

01.10.2015 | 8:20 PM ET

Team Rules:
1. Steroids, Steroids, Steroids!
2. Spinning **** encouraged.
3. No grabbing the cage.
  3a.  Unless you can get away with it.
4. Automatic 10-8 round for this:

5.  No hitting on the Octagon girls before a fight.
  5a.  After the fight is totally cool.
  5b. Except Brittney Palmer.  She's mine!!
6.  When the round is starting, get off the damn stool.
7.  Cheick Kongo Rule: Three free nutshots before point deductions.
8.  Ees normal.
9.  Rousey by armbar.
10.  Bas Rutten Rule: Leever kick KOs count double.

Team Members:

psychicdeath
Outrageous
2kTweeK
Ultramagnetic
Rob Hallman
House Sparrow
2 Nyce
mmalari
DontBeScaredHomie

Things are a bit different this time, with divisions and 9 players per team, but the basics will be the same. The main thing, to me at least, is consistently making all your picks.  A low score is much better than none at all.

* Edited at 01.10.2015, 8:33 PM ET *

"I shall not cause harm to any vehicle nor the personal contents thereof, nor through inaction let that vehicle or the personal contents thereof come to harm. It's what I call the Repo Code, kid. "

Responses Page 6

psychicdeath
psychicdeath

03.07.2015 | 2:13 AM ET

Nice recovery.  After one event, we were down by 275, but with RFA, we are now in the lead by 30 points.  This morning's event hasn't been scored yet.

Toll's spreadsheet:  https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzEc060MeUoQa3JNQURWQlJUa2c/view?pli=1

* Edited at 03.07.2015, 2:16 AM ET *

"I shall not cause harm to any vehicle nor the personal contents thereof, nor through inaction let that vehicle or the personal contents thereof come to harm. It's what I call the Repo Code, kid. "

psychicdeath
psychicdeath

03.08.2015 | 8:04 PM ET

We ended up winning by 55 points.  Ultramagnetic pulled off a solo win on Curitiba Fight to put us over the top. We clinched the playoffs and ate now playing out the two remaining regular season games for playoff seeding.  We're in third in the 4-team division, but that's just by tie-breakers.  The Bastards, Kick-Askrens and us all have 4-4 records, so we still have a good chance of taking the division.

This week we're up against the Kick-Askrens, who beat us by a lousy 5 points last time.  We need to avenge that loss.  

yossgold
yossgold
  • Predictions:  67,552  |  62.2%
  • Forum Posts:  14,550
  • Post Score: 295

03.10.2015 | 12:36 PM ET

We're coming for you ........

"Hay lohh you Mike, ay lov you Mike. Hyou say somesing like di fo me, and naw I say you ... I LOV YOU! See you som. Boy." -- Yoel Romero, UFC 205

legacyofmisfortune
legacyofmisfortune
  • Predictions:  14,159  |  63.5%
  • Forum Posts:  5,349
  • Post Score: 240

03.10.2015 | 12:53 PM ET

@Yoss @psych we want to clinch the 1st spot,  so if you guys both loose, that would be great

* Edited at 03.10.2015, 12:54 PM ET *

"he is going to the hospital, and im going to the after party, ha ha ha" Nate Diaz

psychicdeath
psychicdeath

03.10.2015 | 10:08 PM ET

BLC events for the week:

PXC 47  Friday morning.  It's currently set to lock at 4:30 AM ET, so probably best to treat it as a Thursday night event.
ONE FC 25: Age of Champions Friday morning.  It's currently set to lock at 6 AM ET. Again, best to pick by Thursday night
CES 28: Hawn vs. Loffer Friday evening.  Currently set to lock at 6 PM ET
XFCi 9 Saturday evening.  Currently set to lock at 5:30 PM ET
UFC 185: Pettis vs. Dos Anjos Saturday evening.  Currently set to lock at 6:30 PM ET
Pancrase 265 Saturday night.  Currently set to lock at 8 PM ET.  warning: this event has 26 fights, so picking might take a while.

Outrageous
Outrageous
  • Predictions:  15,465  |  65.5%
  • Forum Posts:  246
  • Post Score: 215

03.16.2015 | 8:37 PM ET

Sorry guys, I blew it this week and cost us the match by missing my One FC picks.  I was traveling and my laptop crapped out on me, but that just goes to show that you should at least get tentative picks in early just in case **** happens.

"Fungahhh!"

psychicdeath
psychicdeath

03.16.2015 | 9:10 PM ET

Tough loss this week, but ultimately it only knocked us out of competition for a bye in the first round of the playoffs.  We've still clinched the playoffs, so we're not dead yet.    My own picks have been pretty sad this season, but the key is consistently making all the picks.  If we do that, we can still win the season. It's even more important in the playoffs, where we don't drop the low score.

Here's the events for this week, the last week of the regular season.

Titan FC 33  Friday night.  Currently set to lock at 8 PM ET

Legacy FC 40  Friday night.  Currently set to lock at 7:30 PM ET

Road FC 22  Friday night/Saturday morning.  Currently set to lock at 2 AM Saturday.  Best to treat it as a Friday night lock time.

UFC Fight Night 62  Saturday evening.  Currently set to lock at 7 PM ET.

Absolute Championship Berkut 15  Saturday morning.  Currently set to lock at 5 AM ET.  Again, best to get your picks in Friday night.

HEAT 35  Saturday night.  Currently set to lock at 8 PM ET.  Even though the event page says it starts at midnight Saturday/Sunday, that's probably the main card start time and it's set to lock four hours before that.

yossgold
yossgold
  • Predictions:  67,552  |  62.2%
  • Forum Posts:  14,550
  • Post Score: 295

03.16.2015 | 9:37 PM ET

@Outrageous, yup, that's what I do ... I put tentative picks in, then fine-tune and pick added bouts as I go along ... actually this week's been the first time in a long while I've actually had time to change my tentative picks :)

"Hay lohh you Mike, ay lov you Mike. Hyou say somesing like di fo me, and naw I say you ... I LOV YOU! See you som. Boy." -- Yoel Romero, UFC 205

shot2thesac
shot2thesac
  • Predictions:  20,255  |  62.0%
  • Forum Posts:  3,306
  • Post Score: 137

03.16.2015 | 9:45 PM ET

Seems to be working for you @Yossome, you're pissing me off in the weekend comp

"#KnockersSucsk -- Gaycism is wrong -- Everything is YOSSholm"

psychicdeath
psychicdeath

03.21.2015 | 5:49 PM ET

With three events scored, we're up by 820 points, according to Toll's spreadsheet: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzEc060MeUoQRE41SFUwVFNNSm8/view

Still two events remaining (in addition to Absolute Championship Berkut from this morning which is completed but not yet scored), so make sure your picks are in.

* Edited at 03.21.2015, 5:49 PM ET *

psychicdeath
psychicdeath

03.22.2015 | 3:57 AM ET

After four scored events, we're still in the lead.  Assuming I didn't make any math errors, we increased adjusted lead a bit, to 915 points.  Now we're just waiting for the scores on the last two events.

psychicdeath
psychicdeath

03.25.2015 | 9:54 AM ET

Ok, the vote for this week's events is finally over.  I posted on all your walls the ones that were already in the other day.  The one event that was pending ended up being not voted in, so the earlier list was correct.  Here's the final list of this week's events, with the lock times as they stand now:

Abu Dhabi Warriors 2  Tomorrow (Thursday) morning - currently locks at 9:30 AM ET

Bellator 135  Friday evening - currently locks at 6:30 PM ET

BAMMA 19  Saturday morning - currently locks at 11 AM ET.  By the way, if you've already picked this one, I notice there have been three fights added, so you may have to pick those.

Island Fights 33  Saturday evening.  Currently locks at 5 PM ET.

Max Fight 14  Saturday evening.  Currently locks at 5:30 PM ET

WSOF 19  Saturday evening.  Currently locks at 6 PM ET.

ProFC 57  Sunday morning.  Currently locks at 5 AM ET.  Since it's so early, it's probably best to make sure it's picked by Saturday night.

psychicdeath
psychicdeath

03.27.2015 | 11:27 PM ET

Two events in and we have a slight lead.  We're currently up by 390 points.  Keep making the picks, and remember we have an event in the morning.

psychicdeath
psychicdeath

03.28.2015 | 11:51 PM ET

We lost a little of our lead on BAMMA this morning, but gained a little back tonight.  With two events remaining to score, we have a lead of 260 points.  Island Fight is just waiting on scores, but ProFC remains to be picked.  Make sure you get your picks in, as it locks in 9 hours.

I see Toll has the spreadsheet updated, and my numbers agree with his:  https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzEc060MeUoQQkFCSnN4M251TDg/view?pli=1

psychicdeath
psychicdeath

03.31.2015 | 1:51 AM ET

Yay!  We won our first-round playoff match, so now we advance to the semi-finals.  We're up against the Bastard Sons this time, who beat us in Week 1, and who we beat in Week 8.  If we win this one, we move to the finals.  Lots of morning events this week, so please try to have your picks in by the night before so we don't get tripped up.  One is a Friday morning, so that means getting at least one picked Thursday.

Tech-Krep FC   Friday morning, currently locks at 9 AM Friday

Legacy 41  Friday night, currently locks at 7:30 Friday evening

EFC Africa 38  Saturday morning, currently locks at 7:15 AM Saturday

UFC Fight Night 63  Saturday morning, currently locks at 11 AM Saturday

Top FC 6  Saturday night/Sunday morning, currently locks at 4 AM Sunday morning

psychicdeath
psychicdeath

04.04.2015 | 4:16 AM ET

There's one event from this morning scored.  Legacy from tonight is still waiting for prelim results.  Anyway, we have a lead of 825 points, thanks to Ultramagnetic getting a solo win on Tech-Krep, and one of their guys missing the event.  Two morning events today (Saturday) so if you're missing picks, be sure to get them in as soon as possible.

psychicdeath
psychicdeath

04.04.2015 | 4:30 PM ET

Still waiting on the prelims from Legacy last night, but with three events scored, we still have a lead.  It's down to 620 now.  One more event to pick, Top FC 6, which locks at 4 in the morning tonight.  Get your picks in tonight if you haven't already, and we have a shot at making the finals.

psychicdeath
psychicdeath

04.05.2015 | 11:42 AM ET

We're still waiting on the Legacy prelim results, and for scores on the last two Top FC fights.  I went ahead and added up the scores so far on those two cards, and we increased our lead by 245 points.  So now we're up by 865 points with 8 fights remaining to be scored.  It's not a safe lead, but it is a lead.

psychicdeath
psychicdeath

04.05.2015 | 8:28 PM ET

The Top FC card is complete now.  Still waiting on the Legacy prelims, but I included the scores so far for Legacy.  With half an event remaining to be scored, we're up by 860 points.

House Sparrow
House Sparrow
  • Predictions:  3,528  |  63.6%
  • Forum Posts:  409
  • Post Score: 263

04.05.2015 | 11:49 PM ET

Noice

"“In order to see birds it is necessary to become a part of the silence.” ― Robert Lynd"

Page 6

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Bad Left Hook : Should undisputed Usyk retire? And how good is Opetaia?: Boxing’s weekend recap
  • Jits Magazine : Ronin BJJ Camp Ibiza Combines Instruction And Location For The Ideal Training Camp
  • Middle Easy : Michael Bisping Suggests Tyson Fury vs. Francis Ngannou Rematch; Kamaru Usman Wants ‘Predator’ To Face Oleksandr Usyk
  • MMA Junkie : Cage Warriors featherweight Connor Hitchens dead at 26
  • MMA Mania : Poirier Abducted By Bud Light Genie
  • MMA Junkie : Daniel Cormier warns Jon Jones about Stipe Miocic: 'If you overlook him, he will put you out'
  • MMAFighting.com : Eddie Hearn criticizes Ryan Garcia for ‘most stupid, childish behavior’ since positive drug tests
  • Middle Easy : Conor McGregor ‘Ecstatic’ After Learning About ‘Fat Rat’ Khabib Nurmagomedov’s Alleged Tax Issues With Russian Government
  • MMA Junkie : Chael Sonnen says he's boxing Jorge Masvidal in October as result of recent beef
  • MMA Mania : The Rock Unrecognizable In ‘The Smashing Machine’
  • MMAFighting.com : Matt Brown criticizes Jake Paul ‘trying to be f*cking hard’ talking trash to Mike Tyson: ‘So cringe’
  • MMA Mania : Murphy Cracks Top 15 In Latest UFC Rankings Update
  • MMA Junkie : Sean O'Malley releases footage of armed police storming house after hoax 'swatting' call
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 304: Molly McCann’s return announced for Leon Edwards vs. Belal Muhammad 2 card
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘He can’t control his emotions’: Taylor confident he’s got the edge over Catterall
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘He can’t control his emotions’: Josh Taylor confident he’s got the edge over Jack Catterall
  • MMAFighting.com : Conor McGregor ‘currently in negotiation stage’ with UFC on new contract, still wants 3 fights in 2024
  • MMA Junkie : Conor McGregor takes aim at UFC's welterweight title picture: 'Leon Edwards loves a decision'
  • MMAFighting.com : Neeraj Goyat vs. Whindersson Nunes announced for Mike Tyson vs. Jake Paul undercard
  • MMA Mania : MVP Accepts Garry’s UFC 303 Callout