Topic: Machida vs. Mousasi

Machida vs. Mousasi

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Oddsbot
Oddsbot
  • Predictions:  8,622  |  73.7%
  • Forum Posts:  17,552
  • Post Score: 60

02.08.2014 | 5:53 PM ET

Prediction: correct Machida   correct Decision  

This is the official discussion thread for Machida vs. Mousasi. Let's see what you've got.

"This is the droid you're looking for."

Responses

cyhawk245
cyhawk245
  • Predictions:  12  |  41.7%
  • Forum Posts:  2
  • Post Score: -50

02.08.2014 | 5:53 PM ET

Prediction: correct Machida   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 2  

The way Lyoto looked against Munoz just makes it hard to go against The Dragon. I think The Dreamcatcher goes to sleep in this one, by the way Weidman watch your back The Dragon is coming for the title.
Nomad
Nomad
  • Predictions:  3,465  |  66.3%
  • Forum Posts:  5,117
  • Post Score: 181

02.08.2014 | 6:58 PM ET

Prediction: wrong Mousasi   wrong Decision  

Mousasi and Lawler are really good bets for you gamblers out there....really good bets.

"If I have a goal, then it is to escape from this literalism. I'll never achieve it; in the same way that I'll never manage to describe what really dwells within my character, although I keep on trying."

sknyjdwb
sknyjdwb
  • Predictions:  69  |  58.0%
  • Forum Posts:  7
  • Post Score: 71

02.08.2014 | 7:45 PM ET

It could be fire works but I see them playing defense and a slightly more active Gegard taking a decision.

"Lets get it on!"

p4pgoat
p4pgoat
  • Predictions:  4,888  |  62.9%
  • Forum Posts:  3,908
  • Post Score: 143

02.08.2014 | 7:59 PM ET

Gegard caught a lot of heat for his last performance as far as his lack of aggression. I think he comes out and starts quick. I doubt he finishes Machida but I think he will take a 49-46 decision with him being the aggressor the entire fight.

"We are all human, it's time to prove it."

rappinpapsoda
rappinpapsoda
  • Predictions:  71,490  |  59.8%
  • Forum Posts:  8,601
  • Post Score: 69

02.09.2014 | 2:26 PM ET

If Mousasi loses this, then I don't see him getting the title ever.

"The only thing predictable about MMA is that it is unpredictable."

2kTweeK
2kTweeK
  • Predictions:  6,520  |  62.9%
  • Forum Posts:  1,103
  • Post Score: 141

02.10.2014 | 9:47 AM ET

this Brazilian crowd will be SILENT after Mousasi chokes out Machida against the fence and drops him to the ground
ProdigyKid14
ProdigyKid14
  • Predictions:  8,848  |  62.4%
  • Forum Posts:  5,902
  • Post Score: 195

02.11.2014 | 12:03 AM ET

Switched my pick to Gegard today. Might flip flop a lot on this one.

"I fight em all. Men, women, children, ******** people, it doesn't matter. If you hit me, we're gonna fight. -Charles Bennett"

Nomad
Nomad

02.11.2014 | 12:37 AM ET

Been flip flopping this pick a lot myself, it being a 5 round fight certainly makes it even more interesting to pick. Both can finish, especially Mousasi when you look at the way he quickly took out Hunt or Jacare on the ground, hes really tricky everywhere. Mousasi seems like a bad matchup for Machida, Machida has risen and fallen from the top while it feels like its Mousasis turn to me 28 vs 35 in an even matchup has to make you think. I don't see either man really being able to finish the other but its 5 rounds so it makes me think. Such a cool fight.

"If I have a goal, then it is to escape from this literalism. I'll never achieve it; in the same way that I'll never manage to describe what really dwells within my character, although I keep on trying."

Begood2
Begood2
  • Predictions:  654  |  66.1%
  • Forum Posts:  59
  • Post Score: 146

02.11.2014 | 10:33 AM ET

This really is a hard one.

Phil Davis said after their fight that Machida either ko's you or it goes to a decision. Machida's unreliable at decisions because he doesn't score a lot of points due to his elusive style but the other guy may not score points either if he can't hit Machida.

I just can't see Moussai being ko'd due to his K1 and boxing background and never being ko'd in MMA. However he's never fought anyone as unortodox as Machida, although he's saying that he's training with a karate guy who he thinks is better than Machida (in his opinion arguably)

I just don't see many high level strikers on Machida's MMA record and he's only ko'd fighters with wrestling backgrounds since beating Rua. You could say the same about Moussai who's only ko'd 1 guy since 2009.

I just can't see either guys being ko'd. For thqat reason I think this is going to a decision but I don't know who's going to win yet. That's my rationale so far anyway. I'll may my mind up fully on Saturday

"Fugazy, fugasi, it’s a wazi it’s a woozy, it’s fairy dust. "

Lopata130
Lopata130
  • Predictions:  1,445  |  60.1%
  • Forum Posts:  2
  • Post Score: 0

02.11.2014 | 11:44 AM ET

Prediction: correct Machida   correct Decision  

LOL
Bill Burgess
Bill Burgess
  • Predictions:  301  |  69.1%
  • Forum Posts:  5,093
  • Post Score: 47

02.11.2014 | 11:53 AM ET

Prediction: correct Machida   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 4  

I can only assume that this fight is to determine and establish the top contender status.

I pick Machida to win the fight.

And I also pick Vitor Belfort to win his fight with Chris Weidman, giving Belfort the title.

This potential scenario would set up a Belfort vs. Machida fight later in the year.  And that will be a wowser of a battle royal.  One way or another, I simply must see Belfort vs. Machida!

And that would also set up a 'loser's' fight.  Weidman vs. Mousasi.

"Love God, live with honor, keep your agreements."

Nomad
Nomad

02.11.2014 | 12:00 PM ET

I.see Mousasi and Weidman winning but Mousasi vs Machida is a lot closer than Vitor vs Weidman.

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Junkie : UFC 301 'Embedded,' No. 3: Karolina Kowalkiewicz hits the pool, Steve Erceg hits a street party
  • MMA Mania : Aldo, Martinez Separated During Heated Staredown
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 301 media day faceoffs: Jose Aldo, Jonathan Martinez separated after heated staredown
  • MMA Mania : VIDEO: Sound & Pound — Can Erceg Pull Off The Upset At UFC 301?
  • MMAFighting.com : Max Holloway ethers Ilia Topuria in latest back-and-forth: ‘Enough already … b*tching motherf*cker’
  • MMA Junkie : Ilia Topuria denies Joe Rogan's claim he turned down Alexander Volkanovski rematch for UFC 305
  • UFC.com : The 10: Mapping Out The Must-See UFC Fights In The Month Ahead
  • UFC.com : Vitor Petrino Aims To Continue Rapid Ascent
  • MMA Mania : LIVE! Canelo Vs Munguia Press Conference Video!
  • Middle Easy : Daniel Cormier Thinks Justin Gaethje Is ‘One Win Away’ From Getting A Title Shot Despite UFC 300 KO Loss
  • MMA Junkie : Alexander Volkanovski confident Max Holloway makes it 'look easy' against UFC champ Ilia Topuria
  • Middle Easy : Manel Kape Says He’s ‘Undefeated In The Streets’, Could Beat Israel Adesanya In A Street Fight
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘I’m looking to upset the world’: Jose Valenzuela geared up to pull off upset over Isaac ‘Pitbull’ Cruz
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘I’m looking to upset the world’: Valenzuela geared up to pull off win over Pitbull
  • MMA Mania : Volks Slams Topuria For ‘Saying No To Everyone’
  • MMA Junkie : Ilia Topuria vows to surpass Cristiano Ronaldo as highest-paid athlete in 2025: 'I have no doubt, really'
  • UFC.com : UFC UNFILTERED | Aljamain Sterling, Beneil Dariush, UFC Fight Night: Nicolau vs Perez Recap
  • MMAFighting.com : Steve Erceg expects ‘bottles to be thrown at me’ following win over Alexandre Pantoja at UFC 301
  • MMA Junkie : Ali Alqaisi vs. Samuel Bark featherweight title fight headlines UAE Warriors 50
  • Middle Easy : Alexandre Pantoja Tells Sean Strickland To ‘Shut Your Mouth’, Claims He ‘Smashed’ Sean O’Malley In Sparring And ‘Suga’ Has The Video