Tapology Forums

Rampage next opponent for Jon Jones

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

HavokDM
HavokDM
  • Predictions:  9,733  |  61.2%
  • Forum Posts:  1,047
  • Post Score: 199

06.03.2011 | 9:08 AM ET

According to Jones, Rampage will get the next shot at the title. 
http://mmajunkie.com/news/23853/ufc-champ-jon-jones-im-fighting-quinton-rampage-jackson-next.mma

I have a lot of love for Rampage, but this will be a tough fight for him.  Rampage hasn't been finished in a while, but I think Jones will be the man to do it. 

Thoughts?

"Nothing in this world is a gift. Whatever must be learned must be learned the hard way."

Responses

wolfmanhowl
wolfmanhowl

06.03.2011 | 9:14 AM ET

the only way rampage win this is with an early K.O. punch. 5% chance. i got jones winning in early second round with some kind of choke. like the one he used vs bader. he will definitely put him on the canvas then pick your poison, elbows or submission.
HavokDM
HavokDM
  • Predictions:  9,733  |  61.2%
  • Forum Posts:  1,047
  • Post Score: 199

06.03.2011 | 9:26 AM ET

Jones will probably use his reach early to keep Rampage at a distance and soften up his legs.  I find it hard to believe that Rampage is still motivated.  Maybe a title shot will light that fire again.  I picked against Jones in his last fight, gotta go with him in this one.  Early prediction: Jones tko 2nd or 3rd round.

"Nothing in this world is a gift. Whatever must be learned must be learned the hard way."

Gregory
Gregory
  • Predictions:  6,817  |  63.3%
  • Forum Posts:  18,571
  • Post Score: 275

06.03.2011 | 10:46 AM ET

Good matchmaking given the circumstances. If Rashad beats Phil Davis, it doesn't matter if he fights Rampage or Bones. Both will be big grudge matches.

"I live, I die, I live again."

WinningOne
WinningOne
  • Predictions:  256  |  64.8%
  • Forum Posts:  242
  • Post Score: 58

06.03.2011 | 11:01 AM ET

Jone's TKO later rounds. 

"“I will knock your hair black” – Ken Shamrock to Ortiz"

Kalibo
Kalibo
  • Predictions:  33,130  |  62.8%
  • Forum Posts:  16,800
  • Post Score: 185

06.03.2011 | 11:03 AM ET

I'm just waiting for some official confirmation... but if it is true... it is what I hoped and expected.

"All men can see these tactics whereby I conquer, but what none can see is the strategy out of which victory is evolved" – Sun Tzu, "The Art of War"

TornHonor
TornHonor
  • Predictions:  2,461  |  51.4%
  • Forum Posts:  51
  • Post Score: 53

06.06.2011 | 12:39 PM ET

While Rampage has a chance to defeat Jones as anybody does really. I just don't see it happening.

"I love the smell of napalm in the morning... Smells like victory. "

BeastMaster
BeastMaster
  • Predictions:  1,958  |  59.8%
  • Forum Posts:  3,029
  • Post Score: 180

06.06.2011 | 12:47 PM ET

This is a tough fight for Jackson but he should be able to pull it off.

"Be peaceful, be courteous, obey the law, respect everyone; but if someone lays a hand on you, send him to the cemetery."

Live2wrestle
Live2wrestle
  • Predictions:  22,482  |  63.5%
  • Forum Posts:  11,857
  • Post Score: 236

06.06.2011 | 1:05 PM ET

If Rampage gets motivated for this fight he can definitely be the man to put Jones down

"She be curvin all the locals, must like foreigns and this is when I had the Martin, I was just like Lawrence so wassup"

bklettke
bklettke
  • Predictions:  2,109  |  64.7%
  • Forum Posts:  1,761
  • Post Score: 117

06.06.2011 | 2:37 PM ET

Rampage's cardio and work ethic will be put to the ultimate test in this fight. Jones WILL take him down when he wants just as he has every opponent he's fought. TD's and GnP will lead to another JBJ devastating win.
Dannotheman
Dannotheman
  • Predictions:  9,433  |  65.6%
  • Forum Posts:  2,406
  • Post Score: 185

06.06.2011 | 2:52 PM ET

I don't see Jones having much trouble. Sure Page COULD land the big shot but I doubt he will, Bones has been improving hugely every fight and is really becoming great at using his reach. I foresee Rampage getting worn down and beaten to a 3rd round TKO or Sub.

"God please give me patience, if you give me strength I will just punch them in the face."

minotauro11
minotauro11
  • Predictions:  2,483  |  66.5%
  • Forum Posts:  4,493
  • Post Score: 148

06.06.2011 | 3:08 PM ET

It really depends on Rampage's gas tank, in my opinion. If he can somehow stay fresh and survive until the third round, he can definitely win. I think his knockout power has been way over stated, and I don't think he will put Jones away with one shot, but he could get a late tko when Jones gasses. My guess is Jones will wear him down and eventually get a finish, a tko or maybe even a sub, but I think Rampage winning is a real possibility if he still has energy in the third, fourth and fifth rounds.

"We Are All One"

p4pgoat
p4pgoat
  • Predictions:  4,888  |  62.9%
  • Forum Posts:  3,908
  • Post Score: 143

06.06.2011 | 4:36 PM ET

Rampage is no real threat to Jones's title. That's why Jones wanted to fight him. Jones will TKO Rampage in the 3rd round and he will dominate the first 2 rounds. I don't see Rampage hitting Jones once actually. The guy with the best chance to beat Jones is Rashad. Rashad has great speed good power and great wrestling. Plus Rashad knows Jones very well. Rampage is just way too slow and unmotivated to win. He even said in his post fight presser after 130 that he cared about money not the belt.

"We are all human, it's time to prove it."

SoccerKick
SoccerKick
  • Predictions:  32,055  |  61.8%
  • Forum Posts:  13,504
  • Post Score: 186

06.06.2011 | 4:38 PM ET

But with the belt comes more money...even Rampage knows that!

"I'm too old to be run by the fears of dumb people "

TacomaTerror
TacomaTerror
  • Predictions:  149  |  60.4%
  • Forum Posts:  480
  • Post Score: 59

06.06.2011 | 4:38 PM ET

Rampage has enough power in both hands to be a threat to anyone. I like his chances over Rashad ( A guy Jones would Ragdoll )

" ."All praise is to Allah, I'll fight any man, any animal, if Jesus were here I'd fight him too." "

p4pgoat
p4pgoat
  • Predictions:  4,888  |  62.9%
  • Forum Posts:  3,908
  • Post Score: 143

06.06.2011 | 4:58 PM ET

@tacomaterror Rampage does have power in his hands you're right. Too bad for Rampage he can't hit what he can't catch. Jones is way too quick for him. As far as Jones "ragdolling" Rashad that would not happen. Rashad won the Ultimate fighter at heavyweight being 220 lbs. He knows how to fight bigger guys. As much as Jones has improved from a technical stand point Rashad is better. I'm not even saying Rashad would beat Jones but he has the best chance to.

"We are all human, it's time to prove it."

thiagosilva9794
thiagosilva9794
  • Predictions:  5,113  |  60.4%
  • Forum Posts:  11,315
  • Post Score: 142

06.06.2011 | 5:00 PM ET

Ya he would not ragdoll Rashad at all.. I happen to think both Rampage and Rashad beat Jones in devastating fashion.

"I really feel like I'm the most dangerous guy out there" BJ Penn........... UFC on Fox 2 event winner :)

SoccerKick
SoccerKick
  • Predictions:  32,055  |  61.8%
  • Forum Posts:  13,504
  • Post Score: 186

06.06.2011 | 5:17 PM ET

I really don't think Rampage is gonna be as easy to TD as Jones has had in his fights...Plus when Jones shoots he's gonna feel a nice hook digging into his chin!

"I'm too old to be run by the fears of dumb people "

thiagosilva9794
thiagosilva9794
  • Predictions:  5,113  |  60.4%
  • Forum Posts:  11,315
  • Post Score: 142

06.06.2011 | 5:20 PM ET

Yes and that will finally test Jones chin properly ... would love to see Rampage knock out Jones while he was going for a takedown !

"I really feel like I'm the most dangerous guy out there" BJ Penn........... UFC on Fox 2 event winner :)

TacomaTerror
TacomaTerror
  • Predictions:  149  |  60.4%
  • Forum Posts:  480
  • Post Score: 59

06.06.2011 | 5:56 PM ET

I strongly disagree when you say Rashad is better then Jones. And as for him fighting at heavyweight, that's a great experience for him. But Jones is one of the biggest LHW's in the division, and I think he would easily outwrestle Evans.

As for Rampage he showed he can beat up on Lyoto, and if his hand hadn't been injured against Hamill you would have seen a KO. It will be hard however to get inside of Jones's range.

" ."All praise is to Allah, I'll fight any man, any animal, if Jesus were here I'd fight him too." "

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Middle Easy : Ryan Garcia Desperately Wants to Get on Joe Rogan’s Podcast: ‘He is Scared of Me’
  • UFC.com : Meet Featherweight Zygimantas Ramaska | The Ultimate Fighter: Team Grasso vs Team Shevchenko
  • UFC.com : Meet Featherweight Roedie Roets | The Ultimate Fighter: Team Grasso vs Team Shevchenko
  • MMA Junkie : Video: Dustin Poirier, the Bud Light Genie and an alien walk into a bar ...
  • Middle Easy : Bryce Mitchell Implores Parents to Stop Vaccinating Their Kids, Convinced Public Schooling Will Turn His Son Gay
  • UFC.com : Meet Middleweight Shamidkhan Magomedov | The Ultimate Fighter: Team Grasso vs Team Shevchenko
  • UFC.com : Meet Middleweight Ryan Loder | The Ultimate Fighter: Team Grasso vs Team Shevchenko
  • Middle Easy : Belal Muhammad Calls WWE Supporters ‘Real True’ Fans, Dubs ‘90%’ of UFC Fans as ‘Drunks That Don’t Care About Anyone’
  • MMA Mania : ‘F—k It, We’ll Sue Them’
  • MMA Junkie : Robert Whittaker: If Khamzat Chimaev doesn't manage his pace, 'it's going to be an early night for him'
  • Middle Easy : Son of UFC Legend Anderson Silva Will Fight Alongside Him at the Spaten Fight Night Event on June 15
  • MMA Junkie : PFL's Donn Davis responds to Bellator fighter complaints about inactivity, unpaid medicals: 'We're direct, fair and reasonable'
  • MMA Mania : ‘He’s Doing A Great, Amazing Job!’ Topuria Praises Nice Guy O’Malley
  • MMAFighting.com : Paddy Pimblett sends warning to ‘sh*t human being’ Bobby Green ahead of UFC 304
  • MMA Junkie : Kamaru Usman makes 'crazy' pitch of Oleksandr Usyk vs. Francis Ngannou: He's 'the biggest puncher out there'
  • MMA Mania : Fourth McGregor Fight? Poirier Doesn’t ‘Need That Bad Energy In My Life’
  • MMAFighting.com : Khalil Rountree Jr. suspended 2 months for doping violation, could face additional penalty in Nevada
  • MMA Junkie : Ilia Topuria praises 'showman' Sean O'Malley: 'I like him, he's doing a great job'
  • MMA Junkie : Mateusz Gamrot trashes Charles Oliveira for considering Colby Covington's callout: 'Thought you were better than that'
  • MMA Mania : Pimblett: ‘Proper S—t Human Being’ Green’s ‘Chin Is Gone’