Tapology Forums

*RUMOR* about UFC 160

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

MikeLovesTacos XD
MikeLovesTacos XD
  • Predictions:  30,449  |  59.3%
  • Forum Posts:  22,488
  • Post Score: 203

02.11.2013 | 10:33 PM ET

I am hearing that tomorrow Dana White will make two fight announcements. 

Cain Velasquez vs Bigfoot Silva 2
Junior Dos Santos vs Alistair Overeem

Again, JUST A RUMOR. But its from a usually reliable source of mine so I thought I would share. 

"Why are you booing me? I am the GOAT. **** you." - Patricio "Pitbull" Freire

Responses Page 3

SoccerKick
SoccerKick
  • Predictions:  32,055  |  61.8%
  • Forum Posts:  13,504
  • Post Score: 186

02.13.2013 | 12:07 PM ET

HW will always be the shallow class...its pretty simple actually if you're 6'4" 240-265 pounds and athletic enough to be a pro athlete you are in the NFL playing TE/DE/OLB making a hell of a lot more $ then the UFC is paying

"I'm too old to be run by the fears of dumb people "

legacyofmisfortune
legacyofmisfortune
  • Predictions:  14,159  |  63.5%
  • Forum Posts:  5,349
  • Post Score: 240

02.13.2013 | 12:49 PM ET

HW division desperatly needs more fighters

Cain has already defeated  Rothwell, Kongo, Big Nog, Lesnar, Silva and Dos Santos,  he´s going to destroy Silva for the second time in less than 2 years, after that there´s the rubber match between Cain and JDS which Cain will win, that´s going to left  Mir, Werdum, Overeem and Carwin, that´s if we leave DC out, probably they´ll end up fighting eventually if DC doesn´t move down to 205. I think this is the deepest the HW has been and is still too shallow, Dana is going to have to work hard to move up JBJ, maybe next year because how many more rematches he can make?

JDS already defeated Mir, Werdum, Carwin, Nelson, Struve and Cain he is going to smash Overroid now that he´s not juiced  he´ll have his 3d fight with Cain in 2 years I think, he´ll have Bigfoot, DC and Big Nog, but that´s not going to happen and probbaly a rematch with Werdum.

Maybe they´ll give Browne a title shot if he puts on a 3 fight winning streak, but they really need more fighters, they have a few prospects in Struve, Browne and Stipe, but that´s it. I´m not counting Nelson and Hunt they are excellent gate keepers but will fall against top 5 fighters.

the Question is beside Barnett  who is out there that could have a good run in the UFC HW division?

* Edited at 02.13.2013, 12:50 PM ET *

"he is going to the hospital, and im going to the after party, ha ha ha" Nate Diaz

Gebe
Gebe
  • Predictions:  2,174  |  62.0%
  • Forum Posts:  1,292
  • Post Score: 198

02.13.2013 | 3:14 PM ET

May I barge in?

Overeem lost not because he didnt "roid" , he lost because he was the expression of ****y fighting. Not keeping hands up against a 265 pounder is downright idiot. And that he was. He was winning the fight

"Fighter by day, Lover by night"

Hellequin
Hellequin
  • Predictions:  2,084  |  57.8%
  • Forum Posts:  555
  • Post Score: 138

02.13.2013 | 4:30 PM ET

I disagree a bit with SoccerKick. HW isn't shallow necessarily, it's just that titles will always be fluid in this sport at HW because of the force delivered by HW's. That's a lot of pounds at high speeds...

I think Cain is great, but I don't think he'll hold the belt for more than 3 defenses before another crushing force finds its way home and causes an "upset".

And Big Foot didn't just lose because Reem was a ******, he's a big man with heavy hands. Hands so heavy they could put away anyone in the top five with a good swing.

Except may Roy Nelson...his head is granite....

"The punches that land, are the most dangerous..." " Boiling Crock Pot of Excellence " "He ate that like a pop-tart!" ~Joe Rogan

Hellequin
Hellequin
  • Predictions:  2,084  |  57.8%
  • Forum Posts:  555
  • Post Score: 138

02.13.2013 | 4:32 PM ET

I also disagree with Bill saying "Lesnar was in the same class as Cain and JDS"...NOT. EVEN. CLOSE!

"The punches that land, are the most dangerous..." " Boiling Crock Pot of Excellence " "He ate that like a pop-tart!" ~Joe Rogan

poir420
poir420
  • Predictions:  143,346  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  18,232
  • Post Score: 245

02.13.2013 | 4:33 PM ET

100 thumbs up for that! ^^^

"“All of a sudden, he was shooting for a takedown, and I’m like, ‘Oh, you’re a wrestler now? Remember, I’m the black belt in jiu-jitsu. And you’re shooting on me now? This is a wrap." - Nate Diaz"

MQuestionable
MQuestionable
  • Predictions:  7,456  |  62.2%
  • Forum Posts:  1,603
  • Post Score: 284

02.13.2013 | 4:42 PM ET

Lesnar and Velasquez have very similar collegiate wrestling backgrounds, you'd have to be a fool to write off Lesnar's wrestling credentials.  We'll never know how a 100% Lesnar will do against Cain.

* Edited at 02.13.2013, 4:44 PM ET *

poir420
poir420

02.13.2013 | 4:45 PM ET

Yes but as far as MMA you would have to be a fool to put him in the same class as JDS and Cain!

"“All of a sudden, he was shooting for a takedown, and I’m like, ‘Oh, you’re a wrestler now? Remember, I’m the black belt in jiu-jitsu. And you’re shooting on me now? This is a wrap." - Nate Diaz"

MQuestionable
MQuestionable

02.13.2013 | 4:46 PM ET

Like I said, Lesnar was suffering from illnesses when he fought Cain and coming off a year's inactivity, so we'll never really know.  And Junior?  I love Junior, but we wouldn't know unless they fought.  Cain took him down pretty easy.

* Edited at 02.13.2013, 4:50 PM ET *

poir420
poir420

02.13.2013 | 4:50 PM ET

I guess but I can't look at Lesnar and say he was a great MMA fighter. I can say that about Cain and JDS though.

MQuestionable
MQuestionable

02.13.2013 | 4:52 PM ET

I just can't believe words until there is proof, anything can happen in MMA.  Bigfoot knocked out Overeem!  Lesnar is a dangerous guy - I personally picked Cain and would have picked Junior over him, but by no means would I have been certain...

* Edited at 02.13.2013, 4:57 PM ET *

Page 3

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMAFighting.com : Arman Tsarukyan unimpressed by ‘slow’ Islam Makhachev: ‘A very easy fight for me’
  • MMA Junkie : Leon Edwards: I welcome 'massive' Islam Makhachev, fight but we've 'both got work to do within our division'
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘People are still counting me out’: Jesse Rodriguez looks to silence critics by beating Juan Francisco Estrada
  • MMAFighting.com : Morning Report: Dana White unloads on Jake Paul: ‘Nobody wants to see Mike Tyson get beat by this f*cking jerk-off’
  • MMA Mania : White: Mac Wages Mental Warfare At Muhammad Ali Levels
  • Jits Magazine : Four More ADCC 2024 Invites Given To Grapplers All Around The World
  • Jits Magazine : Excellent Australia vs Brazil Lineup Confirmed For Subversion Origin 2
  • MMA Mania : Midnight Mania! Smiley Mac Confounds Fans With Latest Update
  • MMA Mania : UFC Louisville: Best Betting Props, Parlays And Picks
  • MMA Junkie : Ricky Turcios no longer upset at Raul Rosas Jr. for last-minute withdrawal: 'I put the past behind me'
  • Middle Easy : Arman Tsarukyan Confident Islam Makhachev Will Be a ‘Very Easy Fight’ for Him After Seeing Him at UFC 302
  • MMA Junkie : Raul Rosas Jr. slighted by Ricky Turcios' criticism of his withdrawal, confident he'll 'put him out' at UFC on ESPN 57
  • MMAFighting.com : No Bets Barred: Can Jared Cannonier still make a title run or will Nassourdine Imavov end the dream at UFC Louisville?
  • MMA Mania : White Lie: Power Slap ‘Has More Viewers Than Any Taylor Swift Video Ever Posted’
  • MMA Junkie : Alex Pereira: Everybody talks about Magomed Ankalaev's grappling, 'but they don't know my ground'
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 304 poster released featuring champs Leon Edwards, Tom Aspinall
  • MMA Mania : FIGHT LIFE! Poirier Details Extent Of Multiple Injuries
  • MMA Junkie : Daniel Marcos: UFC on ESPN 57 a great opportunity to stop John Castañeda, close in on rankings
  • MMA Junkie : Nassourdine Imavov: Jared Cannonier won't hit me like he did 'punching bag' Marvin Vettori
  • Middle Easy : There is ‘Great Positivity’ That the UFC 303 Headliner Between Conor McGregor and Michael Chandler Will Move Forward