Tapology Forums

Which weight division would be good for a grand Prix

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

jesty94
jesty94
  • Predictions:  117  |  63.2%
  • Forum Posts:  21
  • Post Score: 0

04.28.2011 | 2:33 AM ET

which weight division would be good for a grand prix and what organization and which fighters?

"Directed to receivers who play football "think of the football as your girlfriends tits then maybe you would stop droping the F****** ball""

Responses

LoneRonin
LoneRonin
  • Predictions:  3,222  |  62.3%
  • Forum Posts:  1,171
  • Post Score: 104

04.28.2011 | 2:54 AM ET

Lightweight with the UFC and Strikeforce guys. I don't think there is any LW that would be able to dominate a tourney.
zerohours
zerohours
  • Predictions:  499  |  60.3%
  • Forum Posts:  180
  • Post Score: 41

04.28.2011 | 7:07 AM ET

agreed the LW division is soo stacked in the ufc add the sf guys and that is one deep division. LHW would also be really exciting as well.

"Even though my spanish is rusty, yo my English is Olde, 40 down, grab yourself an ice cold Colt 45 feelin alive drunk as **** in the daylight ready to die"

skeet2b
skeet2b
  • Predictions:  8,330  |  61.8%
  • Forum Posts:  1,703
  • Post Score: 158

04.28.2011 | 7:46 AM ET

i think the ufcs LHW devision would be the best you have Forrest Rampage Machida Shogun Rashad Couture

"A true champion, face to face with his darkest hour, will do whatever it takes to rise above. A man fights, and fights, and then fights some more. Because surrender is death, and death is for *******"

jaffacakehero
jaffacakehero
  • Predictions:  5,066  |  62.0%
  • Forum Posts:  5,396
  • Post Score: 240

04.28.2011 | 7:49 AM ET

def lw imo....or hw in ufc with the addition of SF fighters

"If you're matched up against me, you better be prepared to give your life...because I am prepared to take it. - Conor McGregor"

Kalibo
Kalibo
  • Predictions:  33,130  |  62.8%
  • Forum Posts:  16,800
  • Post Score: 185

04.28.2011 | 10:05 AM ET

LW especially now with the merger and no clear cut #1 in the world.  Some say Edgar.  Some say Gil.  What a great way to start the merger.. put the debate to bed.

"All men can see these tactics whereby I conquer, but what none can see is the strategy out of which victory is evolved" – Sun Tzu, "The Art of War"

mapoirier22
mapoirier22
  • Predictions:  177  |  59.3%
  • Forum Posts:  27
  • Post Score: 19

04.28.2011 | 11:34 AM ET

UFC and Strikeforce LW then HW

"Of old the expert in battle would first make himself invincible and then wait for his enemy to expose his vulnerability. ~ Sun Tzu"

LynxGuy
LynxGuy
  • Predictions:  1,054  |  59.7%
  • Forum Posts:  1,120
  • Post Score: 138

04.28.2011 | 11:55 AM ET

I think a UFC light heavyweight GP would be sweet.  You've got Jones, Shogun, Rashad, Rampage, Lyoto, Forrest, and Bader.  The only top 8 light heavyweight they're missing is Dan Henderson in my opinion.  Someone like Phil Davis would be a decent replacement though.

"Don't be scared, homie." - Nick Diaz

jersey0525
jersey0525
  • Predictions:  2,766  |  60.6%
  • Forum Posts:  4,536
  • Post Score: 188

04.28.2011 | 12:24 PM ET

going against the grain here, but a 170 number one contenders tourney IF gsp beats shields...fitch, penn, kampmann, diaz, condit, sanchez, kos, and alves for the right to face gsp...and while thats going on, gsp would have time to bulk up and challenge silva.....
speaking of silva...at the same time, to make up for silva training for gsp, they'd have a 185 gp...sonnen, jacare, mayhem, hendo, santiago, lombard, bisping and...SHIELDS! thats right, jake shields will try his luck at 185 after losing to gsp.....
personally, if those two GP happened, i'd say gsp would fight diaz (if diaz didnt fight fitch, fitch=wrestler..wrestler=diaz kryptonite) or condit....and silva would face shields or lombard..
opinions?

"im an OT (ORIGINAL TAPOLOGIST), I used to write for cagepages.com. NO ONE CAN TAKE THAT LEFT HAND SHOT"

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• UFC.com : Jack Shore: The Welsh 'Tank' Is Ready To Roll Again
  • UFC.com : Michel Pereira: Guaranteed Excitement
  • MMA Junkie : UFC 301 weigh-in results (8 a.m. ET)
  • Jits Magazine : ADXC 4: Geo Martinez And Nicolas Renier Face Each Other In The Preliminary Card
  • UFC.com : Weigh-In Results | UFC 301: Pantoja vs Erceg
  • The Athletic : UFC 301 predictions, previews, odds: Alexandre Pantoja looks to defend title in front of home Brazilian crowd
  • Jits Magazine : Full Lineup Announced For Fury Pro Grappling 10
  • MMA Mania : ‘Don’t Come Near Me If I See You Ever Ryan Garcia’
  • MMA Mania : Midnight Mania: Oliveira Vs. Gamrot? Naaaaaah
  • MMA Mania : UFC 301 Odds: ‘Prelims’ Props And More!
  • MMA Junkie : MMA Junkie's Fight of the Month for April: A thrilling battle for the BMF belt
  • MMA Junkie : Kevin Borjas: 'Alessandro Costa is now Mexican ... he'll be fighting as a visitor' at UFC 301 in Brazil
  • MMA Mania : Rematch! Prochazka ‘Most Likely’ Next For Pereira
  • MMA Junkie : Renato Moicano: 'I don't think it was very smart' for Alexandre Pantoja to fight Steve Erceg at UFC 301
  • MMAFighting.com : Top prospect Losene Keita explains turning down multiple offers from UFC, PFL: ‘I know my worth’
  • MMA Mania : McGregor’s High-Profile Backup? On One Condition ...
  • Middle Easy : ‘Big’ John McCarthy Weighs In on Jimmy Smith’s Claim That Everyone ‘F*cking Hated’ Ronda Rousey
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘Incredibly difficult for Haney to take’: Hearn reacts to Garcia’s failed drug test
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘Incredibly difficult for Devin Haney to take’: Eddie Hearn reacts to Ryan Garcia’s failed drug test
  • MMA Junkie : Michael Bisping: 'Nasty bastard' Alexandre Pantoja has no weak areas, beats Steve Erceg at UFC 301