Tapology Forums

Don't be surprised if Vitor gets a KO

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

ToddWentworth
ToddWentworth
  • Predictions:  651  |  61.9%
  • Forum Posts:  4
  • Post Score: 125

09.17.2012 | 10:54 PM ET

Gonna put it to you simple. Vitor's BJJ is underrated, and rightfully so because he never really uses it, but he does use his TDD, and that's gonna force Jones to stand up.

Jones turning down Sonnen shows, mentally, he think he got better stand up than Vitor. AND a man thinkin he could stand with Vitor is at risk of gettin KO'd by the "Phenominator"!

It's a perfect storm of BS, and talent that can put Jones in "La-La" land.

That bein said I picked Jones.

-Todd

Responses

AnAlias
AnAlias
  • Predictions:  7,888  |  63.4%
  • Forum Posts:  8,737
  • Post Score: 246

09.17.2012 | 10:57 PM ET

You could stand Vitor Belfort in front of anyone short of maybe Junior Dos Santos, and I wouldn't say Vitor has no chance.  He is very fast, and hits hard enough to put just about anyone down.

With that said, Jones is a special talent, and has all the tools and then some to take Vitor out.  Anything can happen though.

* Edited at 09.17.2012, 10:58 PM ET *

ToddWentworth
ToddWentworth
  • Predictions:  651  |  61.9%
  • Forum Posts:  4
  • Post Score: 125

09.17.2012 | 11:32 PM ET

A wise response from a man with a great Minuwa Man avatar.

-Todd
dielegende23
dielegende23
  • Predictions:  20,937  |  71.6%
  • Forum Posts:  7,907
  • Post Score: 268

09.18.2012 | 6:57 AM ET

In his last fight Vitor got taken down without any problems by Rumble Johnson. I have no doubt that Jones can do the same. This fight is not happening in Brazil and they won't stand em up after 10 seconds.

But yeah Vitor has a chance, to KO or even Sub Jones, it's just not really big.

- dielegende23

" I feel like Davy Crockett on the walls of the Alamo, swinging Old Betsy as the enemy swarmed in with bayonets. Sheesh. Listen you young punks....." - Bill Burgess

AllHailKrull
AllHailKrull
  • Predictions:  1,522  |  61.1%
  • Forum Posts:  1,672
  • Post Score: 180

09.18.2012 | 9:37 PM ET

Belfort got taken down against Johnson because of his own mistakes rather then Johnson's wrestling skill.

He threw a highkick that got caught and then the second time he slipped while sprawling and pulled guard.

But obviously Jones' wrestling is several levels above Rumbles so it doesn't matter.

"People say ‘oh, so you should retire.’ Yeah, you want me to retire so you won’t get knocked out. - Vitor Belfort"

Anik
Anik
  • Predictions:  6,592  |  62.5%
  • Forum Posts:  17,508
  • Post Score: 160

09.18.2012 | 9:49 PM ET

Vitor punches himself into clinches because when he does his trademark flurries, he squares up with the opponent before he starts firing off lefts and rights, it makes it very easy for his opponent to stop the punches by clinching.

If Jones clinches Vitor, he's bringing him to the ground. If Jones brings Vitor to the ground, Vitor is dead. Jones is the ultimate BJJ neutralizer, each elbow will bring down your skill level by one belt.

"الله أكبرl"

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Junkie : UFC on ESPN 55 winner Don'Tale Mayes wants quick return on hometown Louisville card
  • MMA Junkie : Video: Ryan Garcia shows Colby Covington left hooks after Donald Trump meetup in Florida
  • MMAFighting.com : WATCH: Swedish fighter delivers incredible faceplant knockout in pro debut
  • MMA Junkie : GLORY Kickboxing vet Jhonata Diniz ready for 'big names' at heavyweight after UFC on ESPN 55 win
  • MMA Mania : Video: Garcia Striking Tips Open Colby’s Third Eye
  • MMAFighting.com : Alex Perez on UFC main event knockout: ‘My friends always call me pillow hands, so now they can’t’
  • Middle Easy : Islam Makhachev Says Dustin Poirier Is A ‘Tough Fight’, Wants Arman Tsarukyan Next
  • MMA Junkie : Mick Maynard's Shoes: What's next for Alex Perez after UFC on ESPN 55 upset win?
  • MMAFighting.com : WATCH: UFC vet Hunter Azure flattens opponent with brutal one-punch knockout
  • Middle Easy : Video: Ryan Garcia Gives UFC Star Colby Covington Quick Striking Tutorial
  • MMA Junkie : Mike Perry thanks Conor McGregor for becoming BKFC owner: 'He's done remarkable things'
  • MMA Mania : ‘Thank You, Man’
  • MMAFighting.com : Michael Chandler reacts to Conor McGregor becoming part owner of BKFC
  • MMA Junkie : UFC on ESPN 55 post-event facts: Ryan Spann's struggles continue
  • Middle Easy : Mike Perry Reacts To Conor McGregor’s BKFC Ownership: ‘Nobody Moved That Needle Like Him’
  • MMA Junkie : Uros Medic knows Ian Machado Garry won't fight him but in his 'humble opinion,' would knock him out
  • MMAFighting.com : David Feldman explains how Conor McGregor became BKFC co-owner, how Dana White may react
  • MMA Mania : BKFC, The Morning After: It’s Finally Time For Perry Vs. Till
  • MMA Junkie : Alex Perez content UFC on ESPN 55 served as reminder: 'Honestly, I haven't changed'
  • Jits Magazine : BJJ Stars 12 Full Results And Review