Topic: Silva vs. Leben

Silva vs. Leben Predictions

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Oddsbot
Oddsbot
  • Predictions:  8,622  |  73.7%
  • Forum Posts:  17,552
  • Post Score: 60

04.04.2011 | 10:13 PM ET

Prediction: wrong Silva   wrong Decision  

This is the official prediction commentary thread for Silva vs. Leben. Let's see what you've got.

"This is the droid you're looking for."

Responses Page 4

Franklin880088
Franklin880088
  • Predictions:  1,570  |  59.7%
  • Forum Posts:  3,452
  • Post Score: 120

06.28.2011 | 11:03 AM ET

"I really want Wandy to win, but I think that Leben has the better chin. Wandy was a very tough fighter back in the day, but I think that he is in the same boat as Chuck Liddell. Too many wars, has hurt his ability to take the big shot."

Having a better chin does not make you win by default. Silva chin is still plenty good enough. Also chuck never had a great chin, he just neevr got hit very often. And he would still tool on Leben. Or do you forget how he came out against Franklin? That Chuck would have beaten the living crap out of Leben badly. Wandy unless he gets clipped badly, is going to beat the crap out of Leben as well. Even Leben admitted he kinda scared.  And Wanderlie chin is fine, and people jump to conclusion to fast about people chins when I strongly feel is not warrented.

"Also Leben has the ability to take the fight to the ground. Wandy's takedown defense isn't the best in the business."

Wandy has very good take down defense, so i not sure were you came to that conclusion. Also Leben has no exsistant wrestling, so that idea seem extremely far fetched. Wandy also extremely good on the ground, and almost impossible to hold down. Think you are very much over looking Wandy abilites.

"here I come to save the day"

Kalibo
Kalibo
  • Predictions:  33,130  |  62.8%
  • Forum Posts:  16,800
  • Post Score: 185

06.28.2011 | 11:40 AM ET

Prediction: wrong Silva   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 2  

Leben's base is wrestling.. it is what started him in MMA.  The chin argument does hold water in a fight like this.  Both fighters are going to be taking big shots and the weaker chin generally goes down first.  That being said, I'm still taking Wandy and hoping he fights smart b/c he should be able to win this fight.

"All men can see these tactics whereby I conquer, but what none can see is the strategy out of which victory is evolved" – Sun Tzu, "The Art of War"

Franklin880088
Franklin880088

06.28.2011 | 11:52 AM ET

"Leben's base is wrestling.. it is what started him in MMA.  The chin argument does hold water in a fight like this.  Both fighters are going to be taking big shots and the weaker chin generally goes down first.  That being said, I'm still taking Wandy and hoping he fights smart b/c he should be able to win this fight."

So is the majority of UFC fighters, does not make them impressive wrestlers or capable of taking Wandy down at will. When was the last time Leben even went for a take down? See here I disagree, Wandy is not going to be takign big shots form the much less skilled and slower Leben. There  areason Wandy asked for this fight.  No the chin arguement, not going to hold water, wait and see. Wandy will avoid taking the big shots while picking Leben apart with timed agression like he did with both Franklin and Bispen.

Klobberbot
Klobberbot
  • Predictions:  835  |  61.0%
  • Forum Posts:  35
  • Post Score: 37

06.28.2011 | 1:35 PM ET

Prediction: wrong Silva   wrong Decision  

As much as I hate to admit it I think Leben is going to win this fight. That being said, I can't bring myself to actually pick against Wandy.

"I feel nothing" - Fedor

Hushabye
Hushabye
  • Predictions:  51  |  56.9%
  • Forum Posts:  135
  • Post Score: 99

06.28.2011 | 1:53 PM ET

Prediction: correct Leben   correct KO/TKO   correct Round 1  

Wandy is a walking knock out victim.. Leben.
Piercerdan
Piercerdan
  • Predictions:  22,712  |  61.1%
  • Forum Posts:  5,987
  • Post Score: 212

06.28.2011 | 1:58 PM ET

Prediction: wrong Silva   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 3  

Leben was a walking knockout victim in the stann fight.  Who has knocked out wand that isnt known for hitting stupid hard?

"Fact: knowledge or info based on real occurrences, opinion: a belief held with confidence not substantiated by proof."

Piercerdan
Piercerdan

06.28.2011 | 2:00 PM ET

vitor, prime crocop, hendo, and rampage. There is nothing to be ashamed of by getting knocked out by those guys.

"Fact: knowledge or info based on real occurrences, opinion: a belief held with confidence not substantiated by proof."

Piercerdan
Piercerdan

06.28.2011 | 2:02 PM ET

Wand has slid from his epic nature of his past but he is far from a can that some newer fans think he is.  yes hes been knocked out and had a lot of losses recently but he has tons of skills and crazy power and he deserves the respect of the mma community if for nothing else his insane highlight reel.  Hes fought heavy weights with tons of power and been fine.  He always brings a fight, is never in a boring fight, and is always willing to fight.  

Franklin880088
Franklin880088

06.28.2011 | 2:07 PM ET

"Wandy is a walking knock out victim.. Leben."
Statements like this are just plain inaccurate. please explain to me how you came to such a conclusion.

Wanderlie been knocked out only 3 times and TKO once (twice, but one was due to cuts). That is far from a briddle chin especially given the amount of wars he has has and the individuals who have actually taken him out. lets go through them shall we.
He was TKO by Vitor Belfort. Yea the same guy who has TKO/KO  majority of his opponents and consider one of the hardest and fastest punchers in the game.
He was KO by Mirko, due to head kick, there no shame in that at all.
He was KO by Hendo big right hand. Again consider one of the hardest punchers in MMA
He was also KO by Rampage, who again is one of the hardest punchers in MMA.

While repeatedly withstanding shots from the likes of Kieth jardine, chuck liddell, Rich Franklin, Bispen ect.  So to prosume he has some weak chinn, is simply inaccurate. He simply got caught by some of the most powerful striker in MMA, with there most powerful attacks. 

Hushabye
Hushabye

06.28.2011 | 3:05 PM ET

I simply think the only guys he has fought and beat recently.. don't have much KO power. And, I like Leben I'm Biased.

I think he will knock Silva out pretty quickly.

Franklin880088
Franklin880088

06.28.2011 | 3:16 PM ET

U think it a little more then just bias........you seem to lack quite a bit of knowledge on Wanderlie.
For starters his last  5 opponents have been Bisping, franklin, jackson, jardine and liddell........the only one that might be debatable not having power is bispen, and even most of hist victories are TKO. So how on earth did you come to the conclusion he has not been fight people with power?

Piercerdan
Piercerdan

06.28.2011 | 3:19 PM ET

@hush i like leben too but i think wand will out strike him similar to the way bisping did, except wand has tons of power.  Who has leben fought that had knockout power that hasnt knocked him out too?  I mean leben is an insanely durable fighter and he will beat a lot of guys but he did get knocked out by the too guys with lots of power he fought.  

Hushabye
Hushabye

06.28.2011 | 3:21 PM ET

Jardine hardly has power behind his punches, he was just awkward to fight against and hard to time.

Bisbing, fights complete cans and is still considered top ten for some reason.

Franklin only has knocked out Chuck since 2008.. ( And he had a glass chin. )

And chuck hasn't had a knockout win since 2006.

Hushabye
Hushabye

06.28.2011 | 3:23 PM ET

And I think Wandy has just lost it. He has not looked impressive at all to me as of late.

And Leben is a guy who I enjoy watching, I think he will do well in the standup because Wany does not have a very threatening ground game.

Franklin880088
Franklin880088

06.28.2011 | 3:38 PM ET

"Jardine hardly has power behind his punches, he was just awkward to fight against and hard to time.

Bisbing, fights complete cans and is still considered top ten for some reason.

Franklin only has knocked out Chuck since 2008.. ( And he had a glass chin. )

And chuck hasn't had a knockout win since 2006."

Jardine clearly has power. Rampage even stated he hit hard.  He also knocked out Forrest and has won more by TKO/KO then any other way. He not the hardest hitter, but to pretend he does not hit hard is just absurd.

I agree Bispen is overrated, but he beat your boy Leben.

Gotta love how you completely leave out context. He only 3 fights between 2008 and chuck fight. One of which was to Hendo who never been finished by strike, but who Franklin serously hurt in the third round and may have even been on the verge of finishing.  Next fight was Wanderlie himself. Then after that was vitor who clipped Franklin in the first round. So that was pretty epic failed attempt at down play wanderlies opposition. 

Again context, Liddell also fought rampage and shogun who have crazy chins, broke Franklin arm with a single kick, and got caught running in.  Was completely out of shape in the kieth jardine fight by over looking him. You pretend like he lost power, but that is extremely inaccurate and compeltely ignore context of the fights.

Franklin880088
Franklin880088

06.28.2011 | 3:40 PM ET

"And I think Wandy has just lost it. He has not looked impressive at all to me as of late.

And Leben is a guy who I enjoy watching, I think he will do well in the standup because Wany does not have a very threatening ground game."

I just think your knowledge on Wandy is not very good. Because you seriously overlooking who he fought.

You do realize Leben would have gotten his **** kicked in by the same guys Wandy fought to and lost? Franklin would have TKO Leben ass for sure.

Hushabye
Hushabye

06.28.2011 | 3:46 PM ET

Lol, no need to take this personally.

And I've watched Wandy quite a bit, he was a great pride Fighter but has not been spectacular here in the UFC. Jardine and Bisbing are both very overrated first of all. Chuck was at the end of his career not a particularly impressive opponent. Franklin is good, and Rampage is still great.

Piercerdan
Piercerdan

06.28.2011 | 3:46 PM ET

I still hold that wand should have won against franklin.  That fight was close but i had wand winning two rounds.  

Kalibo
Kalibo
  • Predictions:  33,130  |  62.8%
  • Forum Posts:  16,800
  • Post Score: 185

06.28.2011 | 3:47 PM ET

Prediction: wrong Silva   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 2  

@Franklin.. it is ok for others to have an opinion dude.  @Pierce.. I had Franklin winning that fight :)

"All men can see these tactics whereby I conquer, but what none can see is the strategy out of which victory is evolved" – Sun Tzu, "The Art of War"

thiagosilva9794
thiagosilva9794
  • Predictions:  5,113  |  60.4%
  • Forum Posts:  11,315
  • Post Score: 142

06.28.2011 | 3:49 PM ET

Prediction: correct Leben   correct KO/TKO   wrong Round 2  

Franklin won that fight!

"I really feel like I'm the most dangerous guy out there" BJ Penn........... UFC on Fox 2 event winner :)

Page 4

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• UFC.com : Vitor Petrino Aims To Continue Rapid Ascent
  • Middle Easy : Daniel Cormier Thinks Justin Gaethje Is ‘One Win Away’ From Getting A Title Shot Despite UFC 300 KO Loss
  • MMA Junkie : Alexander Volkanovski confident Max Holloway makes it 'look easy' against UFC champ Ilia Topuria
  • Middle Easy : Manel Kape Says He’s ‘Undefeated In The Streets’, Could Beat Israel Adesanya In A Street Fight
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘I’m looking to upset the world’: Valenzuela geared up to pull off win over Pitbull
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘I’m looking to upset the world’: Jose Valenzuela geared up to pull off upset over Isaac ‘Pitbull’ Cruz
  • MMA Junkie : Ilia Topuria vows to surpass Cristiano Ronaldo as highest-paid athlete in 2025: 'I have no doubt, really'
  • UFC.com : UFC UNFILTERED | Aljamain Sterling, Beneil Dariush, UFC Fight Night: Nicolau vs Perez Recap
  • MMAFighting.com : Steve Erceg expects ‘bottles to be thrown at me’ following win over Alexandre Pantoja at UFC 301
  • MMA Junkie : Ali Alqaisi vs. Samuel Bark featherweight title fight headlines UAE Warriors 50
  • Middle Easy : Alexandre Pantoja Tells Sean Strickland To ‘Shut Your Mouth’, Claims He ‘Smashed’ Sean O’Malley In Sparring And ‘Suga’ Has The Video
  • MMA Mania : Canelo Vs Munguia Fight Card, PPV Start Time
  • MMA Junkie : David Feldman: Conor McGregor a BKFC minority owner, 'but he has a lot of say in this company'
  • Middle Easy : Robert Whittaker ‘Very Confident’ His Grappling Skills Are Better Than Khamzat Chimaev, Reveals Gameplan For ‘Borz’
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘The world is waiting for it’: Usyk’s promoter hopes Fury takes precautions for May 18 showdown
  • MMA Mania : Izzy Beware! Manel Kape ‘Undefeated In The Streets’
  • UFC.com : Significant Stats | UFC 301: Pantoja vs Erceg
  • MMAFighting.com : Matt Brown rips boxing promoters refusing to follow UFC’s lead: ‘They’re still stuck in the 1990s’
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 301 roundtable: Is Alexandre Pantoja ripe for an upset?
  • MMA Mania : Petrino Vs. Smith Betting Odds, Breakdown, Prediction