Tapology Forums

Diaz striking.

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

WinningOne
WinningOne
  • Predictions:  256  |  64.8%
  • Forum Posts:  242
  • Post Score: 58

04.01.2011 | 1:23 AM ET

Anyone else think Nick Diaz could out strike Paul Daley? People are saying Diaz needs to get it to the ground ASAP, but I don't think it's such a big mismatch. Agree? Disagree?

"“I will knock your hair black” – Ken Shamrock to Ortiz"

Responses

DV8ed Septum
DV8ed Septum
  • Predictions:  1,328  |  57.8%
  • Forum Posts:  559
  • Post Score: 142

04.01.2011 | 1:05 PM ET

Agreed. Diaz controls/judges range and distance well. He just needs to make sure to throw that lazy jab out there a lot and MOVE HIS HEAD a bit more than normal because If Daley connects flush, could change everything. Overall, Daley is outclassed in this fight, he will likely tire and get worked over after the 3rd imo. Good thread.

"Grrr."

Franklin880088
Franklin880088
  • Predictions:  1,570  |  59.7%
  • Forum Posts:  3,452
  • Post Score: 120

04.01.2011 | 1:14 PM ET

Though he good win on the feat, let there be no mistake his biggest advantage is on the ground and if he can take it there he should. He leaves his hands low a lot.

"here I come to save the day"

jsebag
jsebag
  • Predictions:  670  |  64.0%
  • Forum Posts:  151
  • Post Score: 42

04.01.2011 | 1:16 PM ET

I agree.  Diaz can handle himself in the stand-up as I have seen him in a few wars.  He knocked out lawler in the UFC a few years back and that was a great back and forth brawl.  For obvious reasonns getting Daley to the ground would be logical but there is nothing logical with the Diaz brothers.   The guy looks so angry all of the time

"To be the man you have to beat the man"

DV8ed Septum
DV8ed Septum
  • Predictions:  1,328  |  57.8%
  • Forum Posts:  559
  • Post Score: 142

04.01.2011 | 1:21 PM ET

You'd think being stoned all the time would chill him out and let him smile more. Still one of my favs though. Owner of some of the best mma quotes too... Diaz should be just fine striking with Daley, hopefully he doesn't play too many games though.

"Grrr."

Kalibo
Kalibo
  • Predictions:  33,130  |  62.8%
  • Forum Posts:  16,800
  • Post Score: 185

04.01.2011 | 1:22 PM ET

LOL.. he sure does.  He's one tough SOB, but it only takes one punch and Daley has it in both hands. 

"All men can see these tactics whereby I conquer, but what none can see is the strategy out of which victory is evolved" – Sun Tzu, "The Art of War"

SoopaZombie
SoopaZombie
  • Predictions:  580  |  58.8%
  • Forum Posts:  10
  • Post Score: 10

04.01.2011 | 6:07 PM ET

Ya i think Diaz can use his reach and jabs to hold off Daley's bombs. But im sure Diaz realizes his enormous advantage he has on the ground. Plus as others have said it will only take one punch of Daley's to end the fight. The only way i see Diaz keeping it standing is if he just wants a slug fest and to prove he can stand and bang.

"All I Guarantee Is Violence" - Wanderlei Silva

WinningOne
WinningOne

04.01.2011 | 6:31 PM ET

I'm glad to see so many people agreeing. People on the less intelligent forums think of Diaz as a BJJ fighter only. But it'll be a lot closer than they think.

kallousklown
kallousklown
  • Predictions:  24,203  |  62.6%
  • Forum Posts:  10,967
  • Post Score: 177

04.01.2011 | 6:33 PM ET

I trust Diaz will know when to stand an when to take it to the ground but theres still the possibility of him getting caught. 

"Are we gonna jump, or we just gonna jerk each other off?"

WinningOne
WinningOne

04.01.2011 | 6:41 PM ET

I'm glad to see so many people agreeing. People on the less intelligent forums think of Diaz as a BJJ fighter only. But it'll be a lot closer than they think.

LoneRonin
LoneRonin
  • Predictions:  3,222  |  62.3%
  • Forum Posts:  1,171
  • Post Score: 104

04.01.2011 | 6:51 PM ET

Yea I think Diaz can out strike Daley as well. I think people can't a misconception that he isn't a good strike because he has that odd unorthodox style, but he's incredible effective with it. I don't see how anybody who pay attention can say he doesn't have good striking.
Rampage12716
Rampage12716
  • Predictions:  2,053  |  62.8%
  • Forum Posts:  9
  • Post Score: 11

04.01.2011 | 6:54 PM ET

I think Nick Diaz's boxing is really underrated and very good but if he stands with Paul Daley he's going to be in trouble. I personally think Paul Daley's Boxing is the best in the WW division. I'm interested to see how this fight goes because I don't think Diaz can get Daley down.
ghostphantom563
ghostphantom563

04.01.2011 | 10:06 PM ET

The thing about Diaz's striking is he stands up really straight and doesn't' move his head enough. Plus he seems to throw in series not a will. I think the fight with Daley will be interesting if it stay standing. But I'm a little concerned at Daley may have a tad more power behind his punches.

It should be a great fight.

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Junkie : UFC on ESPN 56 pre-event facts: Can Derrick Lewis extend all-time KO record?
  • MMA Mania : ‘I Paid More In Taxes Than I Made Last Year In My Fight’
  • MMAFighting.com : Dan Hardy picks Conor McGregor to beat Michael Chandler: ‘He’s got that refinement in his game’
  • Middle Easy : ‘Problem-Solving’ Cory Sandhagen Reveals One Weakness He Sees In Unbeaten Umar Nurmagomedov
  • UFC.com : Rankings Report | Week of May 6, 2024
  • Bad Left Hook : Jermall Charlo charged with DWI and fleeing after crashing Lamborghini
  • UFC.com : Last Time In St. Louis
  • UFC.com : Billy Goff Is Willing To Take The Risks
  • MMA Mania : White Accused Of Betting On NFL During Boring Bout
  • MMAFighting.com : Mike Perry unsure Darren Till fight happens, teases interest in Caleb Plant: ‘Bring it on, motherf*ckers’
  • MMA Junkie : UFC on ESPN 56 commentary team, broadcast plans set: Laura Sanko joins booth for second time in 2024
  • MMA Junkie : Payton Talbott draws Yanis Ghemmouri at UFC 303 on June 29
  • MMA Mania : VIDEO: Sound & Pound — Will Lewis Turn Back Another Prospect?
  • MMA Junkie : Daniel Cormier: Jon Jones 'smart' for going after Alex Pereira over Tom Aspinall
  • MMAFighting.com : Alexandre Pantoja dreams of fight against flyweight ‘GOAT’ Demetrious Johnson
  • MMA Mania : Brain Damage Forces Hardy From BKFC 61
  • MMA Junkie : Heather Hardy suffering from effects of 'too much brain damage,' indicates fighting career is over
  • MMAFighting.com : Watch UFC champ Dricus du Plessis perform as Wildebeest on The Masked Singer
  • Middle Easy : Patchy Mix Declares Himself As ‘Best Bantamweight On The Planet’, Says He’d ‘Sleep’ Sean O’Malley And Petr Yan
  • MMA Mania : ‘One Of Us Has To Die’