Topic: WOCS 20

WOCS 20

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

benjaminbrandt
benjaminbrandt
  • Predictions:  18,270  |  65.6%
  • Forum Posts:  15,716
  • Post Score: 229

07.27.2012 | 8:07 PM ET

Predictions: 7 of 9 Winners, 1 Perfect, 400 Points   |   Tied for 3rd with 2 others

Discussion thread

"I have not yet begun to defile myself. "

WOCS 20
Bout   Info
Francisco Cylderlan   defeats   Rogério Silva   via Decision, Split   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Gilbert Burns   defeats   Vinicius Bohrer   via Submission, Rear Naked Choke   1:59 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Giovani Diniz   defeats   Daniel Snaider   via KO/TKO, Punches   Round 2 of 3 Bout Page
Guilherme Bomba   defeats   Wendell Oliveira   via Submission, Rear Naked Choke   Round 2 of 3 Bout Page
Alexandre Barros   defeats   Ederson Moreira   via KO/TKO, Punches   Round 2 of 3, 5:00 Total Bout Page
Fabiano de Melo   defeats   Antonuce Conceição   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Gustavo Franca   defeats   Helio Vieira   via Submission, Arm Triangle Choke   Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Gerson Conceição   defeats   Paulo Vitor Franco   via KO/TKO, Punches   Round 2 of 3 Bout Page
Thiago Santos   defeats   Dennis Figueira   via KO/TKO, Head Kick and Punches   Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Rodrigo Magalhães   defeats   Leandro Sousa   via Submission, Brabo Choke   Round 3 of 3 Bout Page

Responses Page 2

vazio
vazio
  • Predictions:  17,555  |  63.6%
  • Forum Posts:  3,206
  • Post Score: 225

07.27.2012 | 11:56 PM ET

@lopati in portuguese it's actually "louco", but it sounds like "loco".. Paraíba is a state in the northeast region of Brazil, which is very poor, .. and it's also a pejorative term people from the south states (like Sao Paulo and Rio) to call people from northeast.
Lopati
Lopati
  • Predictions:  18,574  |  61.4%
  • Forum Posts:  13,352
  • Post Score: 179

07.27.2012 | 11:57 PM ET

Predictions: 7 of 9 Winners, 1 Perfect, 400 Points   |   Tied for 3rd with 2 others

I know Paraiba as a catfish in Brasil, and now I know a couple new uses for it.

"One does not hunt in order to kill; on the contrary, one kills in order to have hunted. If one were to present the sportsman with the death of the animal as a gift he would refuse it." Jose Ortega y Gasset

joe kerr
joe kerr
  • Predictions:  244,802  |  68.9%
  • Forum Posts:  4,850
  • Post Score: 267

07.27.2012 | 11:59 PM ET

Predictions: 4 of 9 Winners, 1 Perfect, 250 Points   |   Tied for 88th

It seems to me that the promoter doesn't exactly understand the entire concept of "ring girls".

"If the enemy rejects the ground, I would take him down by tackle. Why didn’t he [Royler] do so? May I introduce him to a good coach? His tackle was... like a girl’s one... Mr. Royler, how are you feeling?" - Kazushi Sakuraba

Lopati
Lopati

07.28.2012 | 12:06 AM ET

not sure I was rooting for the right guy.  Apparently I didnt know who was who in htis fight.

* Edited at 07.28.2012, 12:08 AM ET *

"One does not hunt in order to kill; on the contrary, one kills in order to have hunted. If one were to present the sportsman with the death of the animal as a gift he would refuse it." Jose Ortega y Gasset

joe kerr
joe kerr

07.28.2012 | 12:07 AM ET

Porco Loco via decision, eh? Now you know, Lopati, why I was feeling unsure about picking Paraibo earlier today. But of course every time I change, I end up with something even worse, hehe. Plus, I like pigs.

"If the enemy rejects the ground, I would take him down by tackle. Why didn’t he [Royler] do so? May I introduce him to a good coach? His tackle was... like a girl’s one... Mr. Royler, how are you feeling?" - Kazushi Sakuraba

Lopati
Lopati

07.28.2012 | 12:09 AM ET

The guy won the fight who I thought won that fight, I just had the names with the wrong guys as I was watching, lol.  

vazio
vazio
  • Predictions:  17,555  |  63.6%
  • Forum Posts:  3,206
  • Post Score: 225

07.28.2012 | 12:10 AM ET

Porco Louco won by Split Decision
joe kerr
joe kerr

07.28.2012 | 12:11 AM ET

@Lopati, Porco Louco was the guy who had his head shaved on the sides. He was on top majority of the fight, Paraiba tried to go for leglocks at times, but those looked like half-hearted attempts. Porco - YOUR GUY - won fair and square. My pick lost. Though I was hoping for that submission in the first when he got his heel for a few seconds...

* Edited at 07.28.2012, 12:19 AM ET *

Page 2

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Bad Left Hook : ‘I cry at night sometimes’: Garcia continues to maintain innocence in PED scandal
  • Middle Easy : Kamaru Usman Fires Back At Conor McGregor For Calling Him ‘Bum’, Demands Respect From ‘Notorious’
  • MMAFighting.com : Kamaru Usman claims Conor McGregor turned down UFC welterweight title fights
  • MMA Mania : UFC Louisville Poster For ‘Cannonier Vs Imavov’
  • MMA Junkie : For Curtis Blaydes, UFC 304 rematch with 'cool dude' Tom Aspinall feels brand new
  • Jits Magazine : Watch Gordon Ryan And John Danaher Rolling Together
  • MMA Mania : Pirates Cost Fury-Usyk Broadcasters $100 Million
  • MMA Junkie : Conor McGregor addresses comments toward Sean O'Malley: 'He kind of got caught in the crosshairs'
  • MMAFighting.com : The MMA Hour with Gegard Mousasi, Paige VanZant and Elle Brooke faceoff, Dakota Ditcheva in studio, Frank Warren, Lerone Murphy, and more at 1 p.m. ET
  • MMA Junkie : Colombia's Javier Reyes feels close to reaching UFC dream: 'I'm more than ready to kill it'
  • MMA Mania : Topuria Taps Holloway Next, Then McGregor At Bernabeu
  • MMA Mania : Conor Claims No More Verbal Mac Attacks!
  • MMA Junkie : 'I'll do three this year': Conor McGregor wants active schedule after UFC 303 return
  • MMAFighting.com : Morning Report: Ilia Topuria targets Max Holloway in September before ‘biggest fight in MMA history’ vs. Conor McGregor
  • Jits Magazine : The History And Significance Of The ADCC Submission Fighting World Championship
  • UFC.com : UFC Announces Multi-Year Partnership With PCYC NSW
  • MMA Mania : Midnight Mania! ‘King’ Of The Jungle?
  • MMA Mania : ‘Put That Whiskey Bottle Down!’ Usman Fires Back At McGregor
  • Middle Easy : Ben Askren Claims Conor McGregor’s ‘Jealous’ Of UFC Rival Khabib: ‘No Money Can Make Up For That’
  • MMA Mania : ‘I Would Be Upset!’ Topuria ‘Too Short’ To Headline Over O’Malley