Tapology Forums

THE "EXPLAIN YOUR AVATAR" THREAD

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

AnthonyBrancato
AnthonyBrancato
  • Predictions:  9,856  |  61.7%
  • Forum Posts:  642
  • Post Score: 58

07.18.2012 | 8:13 AM ET

Thought it would be fun to ask everyone why they chose their specific avatar.

I might as well lead it off, and in my case it's actually quite a convoluted story: For those who are not familiar with Tarot cards, my avatar is that of one such card - the Ten Of Swords.  Traditionally, it denotes an impending train wreck, meltdown, "falling apart like a cheap suit," etc., when it comes up in a "divinatory position" within a reading (there are several popular formats for conducting Tarot card readings; in the most common, known as the "Celtic Cross" format, ten cards are turned up, and the sixth card is said to predict the immediate future, with the 10th and final card speaking to the ultimate outcome of the scenario, or specific question, the person whose cards are being read is seeking the answer for). 

Recently, I wrote an article for Bleacher Report about how so many UFC fighters have in fact "fallen apart like a cheap suit" after losing a heated grudge match, broadly hinting that Rashad would be the next fighter to fall victim to this fate; I even went so far as to have a friend of mine photoshop Rashad's image on the Ten of Swords to use in the article, to drive home the point graphically.

However, a modern, and more sanguine, interpretation of the card (modern "Tarologists," like their counterparts in astrology, tend to be compulsive Polyanna types) is that it means that "Major changes are on the way, and resistance is futile.  A path clears itself, giving way to something new" - which could indeed by the way it turns out for Rashad, if he has enough common sense to move down to middleweight!

* Edited at 07.18.2012, 8:20 AM ET *

"MMA Fan Since Season 2 Of The Ultimate Fighter"

Responses Page 4

joe kerr
joe kerr
  • Predictions:  244,732  |  68.9%
  • Forum Posts:  4,850
  • Post Score: 267

07.18.2012 | 8:09 PM ET

@OldNick, t0rch, glad you liked it, guys! I was going to post it a long time ago, but I forgot and immediately thought it would be appropriate here. Same with the AFC. Unfortunately no funny pics with Hell Comes to Frogtown / MMA reference.

* Edited at 07.18.2012, 8:13 PM ET *

"If the enemy rejects the ground, I would take him down by tackle. Why didn’t he [Royler] do so? May I introduce him to a good coach? His tackle was... like a girl’s one... Mr. Royler, how are you feeling?" - Kazushi Sakuraba

OldNick
OldNick
  • Predictions:  35,156  |  68.3%
  • Forum Posts:  2,412
  • Post Score: 321

07.18.2012 | 8:10 PM ET

**** yeah:

"I am ****y in prediction, confident in preparation, but I am always humble in victory or defeat.”

joe kerr
joe kerr
  • Predictions:  244,732  |  68.9%
  • Forum Posts:  4,850
  • Post Score: 267

07.18.2012 | 8:20 PM ET

For those unfamiliar with the subject, it's a classic of a completely different kind that Roddy Piper starred in right after (or just before?) They Live.

"If the enemy rejects the ground, I would take him down by tackle. Why didn’t he [Royler] do so? May I introduce him to a good coach? His tackle was... like a girl’s one... Mr. Royler, how are you feeling?" - Kazushi Sakuraba

jodybanman
jodybanman
  • Predictions:  3,332  |  61.2%
  • Forum Posts:  1,707
  • Post Score: 237

07.18.2012 | 8:40 PM ET

Macho Man Randy Savage was my idol.  Oh Yeahh!

"I don't want to have to do this living. I just walk around. I want to be swept off my feet, you know? I want my children to have magical powers. I am prepared for amazing things to happen. I can handle it."

ufcchick2011
ufcchick2011
  • Predictions:  17,099  |  61.7%
  • Forum Posts:  1,674
  • Post Score: 177

07.18.2012 | 11:10 PM ET

@Jody Rip Macho Man!

"The only way to guarantee failure is by giving up" Frank Mir

Jmad
Jmad
  • Predictions:  885  |  63.5%
  • Forum Posts:  126
  • Post Score: 106

07.18.2012 | 11:36 PM ET

im lazy and i jsut looked for a picture that was already saved to my computer. this one was pretty cool so i picked it, i have tattoos and so does my gf (she's the one that saved the pic) and this pic was pretty sweet, especially if u blow it up and see what the tattoo on his chest is. 

"'I'm going to beat you to a living death." -Ken Shamrock on Tito"

MQuestionable
MQuestionable
  • Predictions:  7,456  |  62.2%
  • Forum Posts:  1,603
  • Post Score: 284

07.18.2012 | 11:53 PM ET

It's Ray Liotta in Goodfellas making a horrible face
MuyBorracho
MuyBorracho
  • Predictions:  1,926  |  62.5%
  • Forum Posts:  37
  • Post Score: 168

07.19.2012 | 1:55 AM ET

Clint Eastwood is my idol. If I could choose to meet one celebrity it would be him. 

"An intelligent man is sometimes forced to be drunk to spend time with his fools. - Ernest Hemingway "

Earthpig
Earthpig
  • Predictions:  4,403  |  58.5%
  • Forum Posts:  69
  • Post Score: 294

07.19.2012 | 2:30 AM ET

Mine is a picture of my daughter, visiting with my parents while I was on deployment.  Also she is 7 years old shoot REAL guns.  Real guns are more fun than Call of Duty, it warms me on the inside when my kids would rather be outside playing.
dielegende23
dielegende23
  • Predictions:  21,159  |  71.8%
  • Forum Posts:  7,907
  • Post Score: 268

07.19.2012 | 3:15 AM ET

Lost a bet to @Shabba who gave me this cool avatar with the double KO.

" I feel like Davy Crockett on the walls of the Alamo, swinging Old Betsy as the enemy swarmed in with bayonets. Sheesh. Listen you young punks....." - Bill Burgess

sgtblack79
sgtblack79

07.19.2012 | 4:55 AM ET

I'm a Houston Texans fan, and I was dropped on my head as a child. I think this covers both of those aspects.
MikeLovesTacos XD
MikeLovesTacos XD
  • Predictions:  30,422  |  59.3%
  • Forum Posts:  22,488
  • Post Score: 203

07.19.2012 | 9:19 AM ET

Nothing to explain. Wanderlei is the ****, big fan. That would be all. 

"Why are you booing me? I am the GOAT. **** you." - Patricio "Pitbull" Freire

flying_frontkick
flying_frontkick
  • Predictions:  9,765  |  62.4%
  • Forum Posts:  5,789
  • Post Score: 273

07.19.2012 | 9:26 AM ET

It's my fist, kind of a tribute to this awesome website and it's logo.

"For no particular reason beat up everyone"

HerpDerp
HerpDerp
  • Predictions:  123  |  59.3%
  • Forum Posts:  5
  • Post Score: 120

07.19.2012 | 6:34 PM ET

Because Stone Cold said so.

"Flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss." - Douglas Adams

kopower
kopower
  • Predictions:  1,489  |  63.9%
  • Forum Posts:  20
  • Post Score: 105

07.19.2012 | 10:32 PM ET

It's the epic prozac meme. Only a select few know of what I am speaking of...
hdmexiqtioner
hdmexiqtioner
  • Predictions:  9,964  |  57.9%
  • Forum Posts:  5,398
  • Post Score: 283

07.26.2012 | 12:53 AM ET

Stimpy at his best!!!

"Don't argue with an idiot, they will bring you down to their level and beat you with experience." - Bark Twain

Page 4

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Mania : Silva-Sonnen 3 Proposed As MMA, But Sonnen Targeting ‘Gamebred’
  • MMA Junkie : Islam Makhachev's coach: Arman Tsarukyan passing up title shot 'right call from him'
  • Middle Easy : Chael Sonnen Reveals October Boxing Clash with Jorge Masvidal in the Works
  • MMA Junkie : UFC 304 adds Oban Elliott vs. Preston Parsons
  • MMA Mania : ‘That’s The Fight!’ Edwards And McGregor Share Mutual Interest
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC Saudi Arabia adds several bouts for Robert Whittaker vs. Khamzat Chimaev card
  • Middle Easy : Conor McGregor Addresses His Comments on Sean O’Malley, Goes Off on Ilia Topuria, and Targets Leon Edwards in Wild Livestream
  • MMA Junkie : Tyron Woodley plans on MMA return, blames 'wack' UFC Apex for recent performances
  • Middle Easy : Demetrious Johnson Not Interested in Usyk vs. Fury Rematch, Urges ‘The Cat’ to Retire: ‘There’s Nothing Left He Can Prove’
  • MMA Mania : Aspinall: ‘Next Fight After Blaydes Has To Be For Undisputed Title’
  • MMAFighting.com : Sean O’Malley reveals crazy story after fake police call: ‘They said I killed my parents’
  • Middle Easy : Tom Aspinall Hopes to See Oleksandr Usyk and Tyson Fury Run It Back, Will ‘Wait Out’ for Jon Jones After Blaydes Fight
  • MMA Junkie : Conor McGregor rips UFC champ Ilia Topuria: ‘He reminds me of a retarded Artem Lobov’
  • MMAFighting.com : Conor McGregor trashes UFC champ Ilia Topuria: ‘He reminds me of a little r*tard Artem Lobov’
  • MMA Mania : McGregor ‘Ecstatic And Delighted’ By Khabib’s Unpaid Taxes Report
  • MMA Junkie : DraftKings Promo Code | Make a $1.5K No Sweat Bet on NHL Game 7, Monday Night MLB
  • MMAFighting.com : Watch The MMA Hour with Leon Edwards, Green, Doumbe, Hearn and Salita in studio now
  • MMA Junkie : Abus Magomedov promises more exciting fights after UFC Fight Night 241 dominant decision
  • MMAFighting.com : Leon Edwards dismisses ‘nuisance’ Belal Muhammad ahead of UFC 304: ‘He’s too easy to hit’
  • MMA Mania : Special Rules Revealed For Andy-Sonnen Slugfest In Brazil