Tapology Forums

Diaz and Hendricks GUARANTEED title opportunities with wins at UFC on FOX 3.

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

MikeLovesTacos XD
MikeLovesTacos XD
  • Predictions:  30,422  |  59.3%
  • Forum Posts:  22,488
  • Post Score: 203

05.02.2012 | 4:46 PM ET

"Why are you booing me? I am the GOAT. **** you." - Patricio "Pitbull" Freire

Responses

JustynOfOsiris
JustynOfOsiris
  • Predictions:  4,334  |  57.2%
  • Forum Posts:  3,239
  • Post Score: 122

05.02.2012 | 4:53 PM ET

I think it's quite messed up when Dana does this.
I mean I understand not wanting to grant Koscheck another shot at GSP because he already got dominated by him twice and considering Condit doesn't wanna fight before GSP returns (which is smart but still kinda pisses me off) there isn't really anything Kos to do.
But not giving Miller a shot if he beats Diaz to me seems pretty ridiculous.

"Is reality really realistic?"

skeet2b
skeet2b
  • Predictions:  8,330  |  61.8%
  • Forum Posts:  1,703
  • Post Score: 158

05.02.2012 | 4:55 PM ET

Sounds good for them, but I really dont see either one winning, and IMO both would get smashed by the champions

"A true champion, face to face with his darkest hour, will do whatever it takes to rise above. A man fights, and fights, and then fights some more. Because surrender is death, and death is for *******"

MikeLovesTacos XD
MikeLovesTacos XD

05.02.2012 | 4:57 PM ET

I think Hendricks could rather well imo.

But Diaz, I see (and hope) he loses to Miller. But IF he wins ... No way in hell do I see him becoming champion.

poir420
poir420
  • Predictions:  143,346  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  18,232
  • Post Score: 245

05.02.2012 | 4:57 PM ET

Yeah I think they should either make it a #1 contenders match or not, or if they only want one person to get a shot if they win don't announce it until after the fight.

"“All of a sudden, he was shooting for a takedown, and I’m like, ‘Oh, you’re a wrestler now? Remember, I’m the black belt in jiu-jitsu. And you’re shooting on me now? This is a wrap." - Nate Diaz"

Anik
Anik
  • Predictions:  6,592  |  62.5%
  • Forum Posts:  17,508
  • Post Score: 160

05.02.2012 | 4:58 PM ET

@justynbomar how is it ridiculous in any way? Miller lost to Benson in August in a dominant fight and then he beat Guillard, who just came off a loss also.

Diaz dominated Gomi and destroyed Cowboy who was on a 5 fight win streak. I think people would rather see a Benson/Diaz fight over a Benson/Miller fight.

"الله أكبرl"

JustynOfOsiris
JustynOfOsiris

05.02.2012 | 5:04 PM ET

@anik true but Miller was a pretty solid streak before his loss to Bendo. Whereas Nate is only on a 2 fight win streak against Gomi (which even though was a dominate win Gomi isn't all that good anymore anyway) and the win over Cowboy was HUGE but even if he beats Miller I still think there are people that deserve the shot more than Diaz would. I.e. the winner of Guida/Maynard (depending on who is champ at the time) or Anthony Pettis if he can get another good win first.

dielegende23
dielegende23
  • Predictions:  21,204  |  71.9%
  • Forum Posts:  7,907
  • Post Score: 268

05.02.2012 | 5:06 PM ET

To guarantee Hendricks a title shot makes no sense, if Condit still wants to wait, there is also Ellenberger vs Kampmann, I don't get it. I'm with poir420 ^^ if they want to give a title shot just to one of the guys they should wait till after the fight.

* Edited at 05.02.2012, 5:06 PM ET *

" I feel like Davy Crockett on the walls of the Alamo, swinging Old Betsy as the enemy swarmed in with bayonets. Sheesh. Listen you young punks....." - Bill Burgess

jaffacakehero
jaffacakehero
  • Predictions:  5,066  |  62.0%
  • Forum Posts:  5,396
  • Post Score: 240

05.02.2012 | 5:15 PM ET

Miller is a great fighter but he got his ass handed to him by the current champ... Therefore the fight makes no sense because he hasn't shown anything that makes us think that it would go down any differently!

If he finishes Nate then I might change my mind.........

"If you're matched up against me, you better be prepared to give your life...because I am prepared to take it. - Conor McGregor"

ProdigyKid14
ProdigyKid14
  • Predictions:  8,848  |  62.4%
  • Forum Posts:  5,902
  • Post Score: 195

05.02.2012 | 5:32 PM ET

I also don't really like it when they do this. Make it a fight for the #1 contendership, or don't. That kind of bugs me.

"I fight em all. Men, women, children, ******** people, it doesn't matter. If you hit me, we're gonna fight. -Charles Bennett"

MikeLovesTacos XD
MikeLovesTacos XD

05.02.2012 | 5:40 PM ET

I dont mind when this happens ... So long they announce it POST fight ... Otherwise its ridiculous. 

ProdigyKid14
ProdigyKid14
  • Predictions:  8,848  |  62.4%
  • Forum Posts:  5,902
  • Post Score: 195

05.02.2012 | 5:44 PM ET

that i would be fine with. if Diaz wins the fight and they tell him he gets the winner of Bendo/Edgar II, then whatever, i don't care. it doesn't seem fair to the other guy when they do it before.

"I fight em all. Men, women, children, ******** people, it doesn't matter. If you hit me, we're gonna fight. -Charles Bennett"

StickmanAndrw
StickmanAndrw
  • Predictions:  5,405  |  63.1%
  • Forum Posts:  1,146
  • Post Score: 141

05.02.2012 | 6:26 PM ET

So wait, only Diaz is guarenteed a shot if he wins?!  I know Miller got beat by Henderson, but cmon!  Didn't he have a kidney infection of some sort during that fight and STILL hung on till the end of the fight?  I'd like to see a healthy Miller vs. Henderson fight.  I definitely think it'd end differently.  Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying Diaz is a bad choice for a #1 contender, (even though I can't stand the guy), but Miller is just as good, if not a better, option IMO.  

Hendricks getting a #1 title shot for the victory is fine by me, considering if he wins, he'll have beating Jon Fitch and Josh Koscheck in back to back fights, very good wins in my book.  

"I can't think of anything witty to say at the moment..."

MikeLovesTacos XD
MikeLovesTacos XD

05.02.2012 | 6:28 PM ET

I love Miller, but he doesnt deserve it YET imo, he beat Guillard who was coming off a loss, if Miller wins this, THEN give him a #1 contender fight.

Curbsideprophet
Curbsideprophet
  • Predictions:  463  |  63.5%
  • Forum Posts:  15
  • Post Score: 187

05.02.2012 | 7:33 PM ET

Miller kept sacrificing dominant position for submission attempts in his fight with Henderson and I doubt he will make the same mistakes and use the same gamplan the second time around so I say give him the title shot if he can beat Diaz. 

"If you make an ass out of yourself, there will always be someone to ride you." -Bruce Lee

legacyofmisfortune
legacyofmisfortune
  • Predictions:  14,159  |  63.5%
  • Forum Posts:  5,349
  • Post Score: 240

05.02.2012 | 9:16 PM ET

I don't mind they doing, this kind of thing, but I think it's not cool to announce it before the fight, unless it's for both sides. It's like saying beforehand to the fighter even if you win your effort is useless.
But I do not think that MIller deserves the title shot yet, not with the belt on Ben's waist.
If diaz wins he will be on a 3 streak win with 3 top LW,  I think that's better than most right now.

"he is going to the hospital, and im going to the after party, ha ha ha" Nate Diaz

Bill Burgess
Bill Burgess
  • Predictions:  301  |  69.1%
  • Forum Posts:  5,093
  • Post Score: 47

05.02.2012 | 11:46 PM ET

??? How stupid!  Dana strikes again!  What the **** is this arbitrary ********?  But what can I say?  The house is against Rankings and so stupid, arbitrary, capricious garbage will keep happening.

I am on record as hoping that Diaz, Miller and Guillard get title shots this year.  But to insult Miller like this is just plain IGNORANT. 

And Hendricks is just SO FAR AWAY from deserving a title shot!!!  This is sick.  Crazy White strikes again. Down with sports.  Long Live Entertainment Business.  Live by the sword, die by the sword.

"Love God, live with honor, keep your agreements."

TidalWave89
TidalWave89
  • Predictions:  3,246  |  59.1%
  • Forum Posts:  116
  • Post Score: 129

05.03.2012 | 1:02 AM ET

Not sure how Hendricks can be "so far away" from a title shot. He's only lost once in his UFC tenure and would be coming off back-to-back top 10 wins if he gets past Kos. As for Miller, he's simply suffering from the fact he's already fought both Frankie and Bendo and lost to both of them.

"Anderson Silva, YOU ABSOLUTELY SUCK!"

Mybbygotsauz
Mybbygotsauz
  • Predictions:  1,612  |  61.2%
  • Forum Posts:  745
  • Post Score: 131

05.03.2012 | 1:10 AM ET

I think Diaz can beat Miller
and i actually believe Diaz matches up rather good against Hendo other than the wrestling, Diaz is really long good striker with great JJ. People who would give Diaz his hardest fight would be Frankie, Pettis, and Guida. Frankie would bounce around Diaz just like Condit did to NIck, Pettis would KO anybody who strikes with him at 155 and lets be honest, Nate will strike with anyone. and Guida is very fast wrestler and would lay and pray on Nate for however many rounds. 

"knocked out three midgets and ya pumped up"

JustynOfOsiris
JustynOfOsiris

05.03.2012 | 1:44 AM ET

@mybbygotsauz Hendo would ******* **** on Nate Diaz! lol
Just messing, I know you meant Bendo

Mybbygotsauz
Mybbygotsauz
  • Predictions:  1,612  |  61.2%
  • Forum Posts:  745
  • Post Score: 131

05.03.2012 | 2:45 AM ET

haha yeah no kidding! 
sure would be fun to watch though, hell i'd buy the paperview, Nate Diaz vs Dan Henderson. Hmmm, theres a start to an idea :) 

"knocked out three midgets and ya pumped up"

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Jits Magazine : 10 Types Of BJJ Guards Grapplers Should Know
  • MMA Mania : Lima Inks Bellator Contract Extension
  • MMA Mania : ‘No One’s Feeling Sorry For You’
  • MMA Junkie : MMA Junkie's Fight of the Month for May: Steve Erceg gives commendable test to Alexandre Pantoja at UFC 301
  • MMA Junkie : Michael Bisping: Dustin Poirier's record 'smokes' Islam Makhachev's
  • UFC.com : A SUBTLE APPROACH TO SUMMER
  • MMA Mania : Tsarukyan ‘Should Thank’ Makhachev For UFC Career
  • MMA Junkie : 'EA UFC 5' continues roster expansion with four free fighter additions
  • Middle Easy : Joe Rogan Believes It All Fell Apart for Alexander Volkanovski After the Makhachev Rematch: ‘I Thought He Won the First Time’
  • MMAFighting.com : Benoit Saint Denis eyes UFC fights in Manchester and Paris, ‘more determined than ever to become the champion’
  • Middle Easy : Jorge Masvidal Accuses Conor McGregor of PED Use Ahead of UFC 303 Return: ‘He’s Out of His Mind’
  • MMA Junkie : 'Eagle is landed': Khabib Nurmagomedov returns to corner Islam Makhachev at UFC 302
  • MMA Mania : ‘Diamond’s’ Kryptonite? Khabib Confirmed Back At UFC 302
  • MMA Junkie : Ilia Topuria on how Sean O'Malley fight would go: 'I can do with him whatever I want'
  • MMAFighting.com : Khabib Nurmagomedov will serve as cornerman for Islam Makhachev at UFC 302
  • UFC.com : This Week On UFC FIGHT PASS | May 27, 2024 - June 2, 2024
  • MMA Mania : ‘Everything Fell Apart’ For Volkanovski
  • MMAFighting.com : Talita Bernardo vs. Olga Rubin title fight headlines Invicta FC’s return in June
  • MMA Junkie : UFC 302 pre-event facts: Islam Makhachev, Dustin Poirier battle for history – and lightweight title
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 302 Embedded, episode 2: ‘It’s going to come down to does Paulo figure me out first, or do I figure him out first?’