Dustin "The Diamond" Poirier Forum Thread

Exclusive: Origins and Expectations with Dustin Poirier

skelliher
skelliher
  • Predictions:  2,847  |  64.6%
  • Forum Posts:  5071
  • Post Score: 204

03.25.2011 | 11:39 AM ET

Check out the blog this morning for an interview with Dustin "The Diamond" Poirier, as he discusses his introduction to MMA, his current momentum, and his hopes for the future.

"“Fear is the mind-killer ... the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me ... Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.”"

Dustin "The Diamond" Poirier

Photo Source:   MMAWeekly.com

• Given Name: Dustin Glenn Poirier
  • Professional MMA Record: 16-3-0 (Win-Loss-Draw)
  • Nickname: The Diamond
  • Current Streak: 3 Wins
  • Last Fight: April 16, 2014 in UFC
  • Weight Class: Featherweight | Last Weigh-In: 145.0 lbs
  • Gym/Affiliation: American Top Team
  • Height: 5'9" (175cm) | Reach: 73.0" (185cm)
  • Career Disclosed Earnings: $360,000 USD
  • Born: Lafayette, Louisiana, United States
  • Fighter Pages: Sherdog  |  Wikipedia  |  The UG  |  UFC.com
  • Fighting out of: Coconut Creek, Florida
  • Personal Pages: Twitter  |  Facebook  |  Tapology

Responses

skelliher
skelliher
  • Predictions:  2,847  |  64.6%
  • Forum Posts:  5071
  • Post Score: 204

03.25.2011 | 11:40 AM ET

Here is the link....

"“Fear is the mind-killer ... the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me ... Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.”"

kallousklown
kallousklown
  • Predictions:  21,087  |  62.4%
  • Forum Posts:  10876
  • Post Score: 123

03.25.2011 | 4:25 PM ET

cool, been looking forward to his next fight. I was amazed at the beating he put on Grispi.

"Are we gonna jump, or we just gonna jerk each other off?"

TheMope
TheMope
  • Predictions:  101  |  66.3%
  • Forum Posts:  65
  • Post Score: 25

03.25.2011 | 10:39 PM ET

Same here kallous, I expect Grispi was even more surprised. Dustin looked great, looking forward to seeing more of him.

"There's two things you don't know about the Earth. One is Me. The Other is Godzilla."

Dannotheman
Dannotheman
  • Predictions:  8,295  |  66.4%
  • Forum Posts:  2395
  • Post Score: 147

03.25.2011 | 10:57 PM ET

I think he's gonna beat Yahya even easier then Grispi.

Then hopefully they match him up against Koch. I think Koch would win but it sure as hell would be an exciting fight.

"Your talent is God's gift to you. What you do with it is your gift back to God."

kallousklown
kallousklown
  • Predictions:  21,087  |  62.4%
  • Forum Posts:  10876
  • Post Score: 123

03.25.2011 | 11:15 PM ET

gotta be a bit weary. Yahyas got better jiujitsu than Grispi. i dont think grispi expected to be put on his back.

"Are we gonna jump, or we just gonna jerk each other off?"

Dannotheman
Dannotheman
  • Predictions:  8,295  |  66.4%
  • Forum Posts:  2395
  • Post Score: 147

03.25.2011 | 11:29 PM ET

I think Poirier will keep it standing. His TDD is pretty good, Castillo was having trouble getting him down at 155 til Poirier kinda gassed.

"Your talent is God's gift to you. What you do with it is your gift back to God."

Post a Reply

You must be signed in to post. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

• MMAFighting.com : Lloyd Woodard vs. Kurt Holobaugh title elimination bout set for Titan FC 29
  • MMA Junkie : Georgi Karakhanyan on WSOF champ Rick Glenn: ‘I don’t think he’s that good’
  • MMAFighting.com : Video: ESPN 'Nine for IX' documentary on Ronda Rousey
  • MMA Junkie : Success the best revenge for Cub Swanson after injury-filled past
  • MMA Weekly : Urijah Faber to Meet Masanori Kanehara at UFC Fight Night Japan
  • MMAFighting.com : BJJ star Rafael Lovato Jr. in MMA ‘for the challenge and to do something different’
  • MMA Junkie : 'Titan FC 29: Riddle vs. Saunders' card fills with addition of three new matchups
  • MMA Junkie : Tina Lahdemaki 'praying' for Stockholm slot opposite Juliana Lima or Paige VanZant
  • MMA Weekly : Israeli UFC Fighter Noad Lahat is Heading Home to Fight for His Family and to Fight for Peace
  • MMAFighting.com : Daniel Cormier scoffs at ‘petty and childish' Jon Jones, vows to use champ's past injuries against him
  • MMA Junkie : 'The Ultimate Fighter: Latin America' to air on FOX Deportes, stream on UFC Fight Pass
  • MMAFighting.com : Urijah Faber, Masanori Kanehara set to meet at UFC Fight Night 52 in Japan
  • MMA Junkie : What's next? Cung Le addresses UFC career prospects after Michael Bisping headliner
  • MMAFighting.com : Johny Hendricks: It will be nice to fight Robbie Lawler again, this time ‘with two arms’
  • MMAFighting.com : Vitor Belfort has traded TRT for 'TNT'
  • MMA Weekly : Nick Diaz UFC Video: ‘Anderson Silva, I Think That Would Be A Great Fight’
  • MMA Junkie : Urijah Faber vs. Masenori Kanehara added to UFC Fight Night 52 in Japan
  • Middle Easy : Let's relive Gennady Golovkin's TKO victory over Daniel Geale
  • MMA Junkie : Ben Fowlkes: Jon Jones and Daniel Cormier bicker like kids, fight like champs
  • Middle Easy : The fact that Josh Rector only has one hand didn't stop him from nabbing an armbar win over the weekend