Topic: Uriah Hall

Uriah Hall vs Gegard Mousasi

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

CthulhuJones
CthulhuJones
  • Predictions:  40,133  |  60.1%
  • Forum Posts:  9,674
  • Post Score: 286

08.20.2015 | 12:02 AM ET

So, it looks like Roan Carneiro is injured and now Uriah Hall is going to be sacrificed to the dreamcatcher. This won't end well for Hall. I see him getting submitted fairly quickly.
This user is suspended from posting until 1 year, 4 months, 2 weeks, 4 days, 15 hours, and 9 minutes from now.
Uriah "Prime Time" Hall

Photo Source:  

Fighter Details

• Name: Uriah Hall
  • Pro MMA Record: 17-11-0 (Win-Loss-Draw)
  • Nickname: Prime Time
  • Current Streak: 2 Losses
  • Last Fight: July 02, 2022 in UFC
  • Weight Class: Middleweight | Last Weigh-In: 186.0 lbs
  • Affiliation: N/A
  • Height: 6'0" (183cm) | Reach: 79.5" (202cm)
  • Career Disclosed Earnings: $358,000 USD
  • Born: Spanish Town, Jamaica
  • Fighting out of: New York City, New York
  • College: N/A
  • Foundation Style: Kyokushin Karate
  • Fighter Links:
  • Personal Links:

Responses

GreenHornet
GreenHornet
  • Predictions:  42,804  |  62.5%
  • Forum Posts:  10,325
  • Post Score: 203

08.20.2015 | 12:05 AM ET

Yeah, Gegard is going to beat Hall really badly.

"..."

CthulhuJones
CthulhuJones

08.20.2015 | 12:12 AM ET

Uriah may actually have the physical tools to beat Gegard, but his fight IQ is terrible and Gegard's is top notch. Gegard will more than likely determine where this fight takes place (which I'd guess will be on the ground) and he'll either wind up with a ground and pound TKO or a RNC. IFFFFFFFF Hall is somehow able to fight smart, stuff Gegard's takedowns and try to pick him apart from the outside using his slight reach advantage he could possibly win this fight, and if he does I'll be fully aboard the hype train again. I, uh, I'm not holding my breath for that though. I think Gegard is going to make Uriah really sad.
This user is suspended from posting until 1 year, 4 months, 2 weeks, 4 days, 15 hours, and 9 minutes from now.
MikeLovesTacos XD
MikeLovesTacos XD
  • Predictions:  30,435  |  59.3%
  • Forum Posts:  22,488
  • Post Score: 203

08.20.2015 | 12:23 AM ET

Hall is gonna get rekt, and I'm gonna love it. 

"Why are you booing me? I am the GOAT. **** you." - Patricio "Pitbull" Freire

AllHailKrull
AllHailKrull
  • Predictions:  1,522  |  61.1%
  • Forum Posts:  1,672
  • Post Score: 180

08.20.2015 | 12:57 AM ET

Gegard should win comfortably but he certainly won't destroy him. unless Hall's sub defense is bad like Munoz's, he'll probably just wind up like OSP and Costa did. 

"People say ‘oh, so you should retire.’ Yeah, you want me to retire so you won’t get knocked out. - Vitor Belfort"

PilloryChoke
PilloryChoke
  • Predictions:  32,448  |  64.3%
  • Forum Posts:  2,978
  • Post Score: 194

08.20.2015 | 1:21 AM ET

Dunno, if Hall's legendary penchant for inactivity kicks in against Mousasi, he's going to have a bad time. If he upsets him though, living up to his potential finally as a replacement at a random foreign Fight Night, that sort of thing seems to happen more often than expected.

"When Conor fought Cowboy, he looked like a lion. When he fights stronger opponents, he looks like a scared chicken." - Khabib

yossgold
yossgold
  • Predictions:  67,552  |  62.2%
  • Forum Posts:  14,550
  • Post Score: 295

08.20.2015 | 2:06 AM ET

This is the perfect opponent for Gegard. Somone who won't pressure him and wait for him to make a mistake and bank on it with one punch/kick.

Gegard wil jab his eye out for 3 rounds and go home. I don't think Gegard will push the action too much nor will he be bothered by Hall watching him and waiting for his opening. I see a jab-fest to a UD.

"Hay lohh you Mike, ay lov you Mike. Hyou say somesing like di fo me, and naw I say you ... I LOV YOU! See you som. Boy." -- Yoel Romero, UFC 205

rappinpapsoda
rappinpapsoda
  • Predictions:  71,544  |  59.8%
  • Forum Posts:  8,603
  • Post Score: 69

08.20.2015 | 6:59 AM ET

Moose wins but not by slow UD.

"The only thing predictable about MMA is that it is unpredictable."

AnAlias
AnAlias
  • Predictions:  7,913  |  63.4%
  • Forum Posts:  8,737
  • Post Score: 246

08.20.2015 | 7:42 AM ET

Hall has no chance. It will take Gegard maybe a couple of minutes to break him.
slamdistraction
slamdistraction
  • Predictions:  702  |  61.0%
  • Forum Posts:  249
  • Post Score: 117

08.20.2015 | 8:17 AM ET

Yeah, Hall will break mentally in this fight and Mousasi will still have that same non-expression on his face.

"Beating people up is a positive thing –Tank Abbott"

Nomad
Nomad
  • Predictions:  3,465  |  66.3%
  • Forum Posts:  5,117
  • Post Score: 181

08.20.2015 | 9:17 AM ET

Hall was never as talented as Mousasi is and will never be as skilled as Mousasi is. This idea that there's some sort of top 5 Middleweight potential in Hall is stupid, you should feel stupid if you ever thought that. The UFC sells bridges to chumps all the time.

"If I have a goal, then it is to escape from this literalism. I'll never achieve it; in the same way that I'll never manage to describe what really dwells within my character, although I keep on trying."

CthulhuJones
CthulhuJones

08.20.2015 | 9:44 AM ET

Top 5? No way. Top 10? I could see that potentially. (Even though getting Moose ****d isn't going to help him do it) I think for the most part it all depends on him and if he can get his mind right. I wouldn't be all too shocked if he were to reel off 3 or 4 wins against some Tim Boetsch or Brad Tavares type guys and made his way to the top 10 though. I think he's going to wind up being your standard gatekeeper, but you can definitely see the potential for more than that. He's very frustrating to watch fight unless he's KOing a guy in the first round, but sometimes even when he wins by KO in the 1st round he still looked sketchy out there at times. Nomad, quick question Uriah Hall is about as explosive and athletic as it gets. Why come he aint that good?
Nomad
Nomad
  • Predictions:  3,465  |  66.3%
  • Forum Posts:  5,117
  • Post Score: 181

08.20.2015 | 10:26 AM ET

I've seen Uriah's career unfold since the WCL days. A very mediocre Kickboxer he was.....on the regional circuit Weidman knocked him out standing and Costas outstruck him for 15 minutes. Since then, he has done **** with his career. He hasn't even beaten a single guy in the top 30....who's his biggest win that TUF Brazil guy? He's 11-5, he never earned his way into the UFC and he's only stayed by beating other guys who don't belong in the UFC....Literally losing to everyone else he fights. 

Then we listen to Rogan, the voice of the UFC fanbase say he's easily one of the best strikers at Middleweight (he's not even one of the best twenty.....). That his hands are the fastest in the division (They are not) and how he's young (he's actually 31) and that if he could just get his mind together he could be a contender.....I personally think you guys who think this are lunatics and I don't know what you are watching. You want to know why he does well vs Olewu Bombgbose from Africa? Why he looks like a world beater vs Adam Cella? They are bums the UFC should have never signed. But when he loses to John Howard (not even a top 30 Welterweight himself lol) it's oh, his head wasn't on straight. When when loses to Kelvin Gastelum or Rafael Natal it's because of his head? First of all he lost to a not top 20 Middleweight and two Welterweights when he's a huge Middleweight as it is. You want to know Why? Because he's a hyped up can.  

I see nothing special in Hall, he's a mediocre fighter who makes his name off of other not UFC level fighters. I have nothing against Hall it just shocks me when people can't see something like this. There's guys in M-1, Bellator, KSW and AS OF That would beat this guy. Face it, the UFC sold you guys Uriah Hall....Explosive and athletic? I really don't think he's that athletic. Explosive? He generates pretty good speed and power but he's far from the most explosive either. 

"If I have a goal, then it is to escape from this literalism. I'll never achieve it; in the same way that I'll never manage to describe what really dwells within my character, although I keep on trying."

CthulhuJones
CthulhuJones

08.20.2015 | 10:36 AM ET

Something I definitely want to address about your post is what you were saying about Rogan just spewing ******** about certain fighters. That's definitely something they do, and something I've noticed them doing more lately. Really fabricating and downright lying about fighter attributes and skills during the commentating. A big example I remember recently was Yair Rodriguez's last fight against Charles Rosa. Sure Rodriguez put on a really exciting fight and used some flashy ****, but Rogan and Goldberg were trying to compare the kid to Jon Jones and Anderson Silva. I'm pretty sure Rogan even had to calm himself down and acknowledge that he was caught up in the moment and talking out of his ass. I guess they're trying to build stars and see if they can dress up a 5-1 Yair Rodriguez who has made his career fighting mostly nobodies as the next Jon Jones. The entire business aspect of the UFC is becoming too big of a part of things. It's really taking a very WWE like turn.

Edit: As for your thoughts on Hall, I see where you're coming from for sure. I'll throw a few opinions out there though. I thought he beat Rafael Natal, not that that's an earth shattering win either way, but yeah. He lost to Kelvin (who's proved to be pretty damn good) and he lost to John Howard (This is where I have to try to make excuses for him because it seems like a fight Hall wins 9 times out of 10) He needs better TDD, he needs way better instincts as a fighter, he needs to stop being so hesitant and completely befuddled when guys don't just stand in front of him. He's definitely still raw, but I still see the potential to have a streak against the types of guys I named in my above post (Brad Tavares, Tim Boetsch) that could possibly put him in the top 10 or just on the outside looking in. I think that just speaks more to the lack of depth at middleweight really.

* Edited at 08.20.2015, 10:43 AM ET *

WastelandWanderer
WastelandWanderer
  • Predictions:  155,871  |  66.6%
  • Forum Posts:  13,491
  • Post Score: 130

08.20.2015 | 11:52 AM ET

uriah hall via awkward friendly I don't want hurt you ok I know I'm a fighter I just didn't believ

"I am the greatest blonde man in the world. I am Tru Viking." - Alexander Gustaffsson / "The world must bow to my glory. I am a God amongst mortals. They must pay me tribute in wine and concubine for my deeds." - Jon Jones "

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMAFighting.com : Deontay Wilder vs. Zhilei Zhang: Live round-by-round updates
  • MMAFighting.com : Wilder vs. Zhang Results: Live updates of the boxing 5v5 undercard and main event
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 302 Results: Makhachev vs. Poirier
  • MMA Mania : Midnight Mania! Stickland Unloads On Keyboard Warrior Belal
  • MMA Junkie : Logan Paul offers to replace Mike Tyson to fight brother Jake Paul
  • MMA Mania : New And Improved!
  • MMA Junkie : UFC 302 ceremonial weigh-in faceoff highlights video and photo gallery
  • MMAFighting.com : Kevin Holland explains why he turned down Nick Diaz to fight at UFC 302 instead
  • MMA Mania : Video! ‘Diamond’ Mobbed By Fans On Lafayette Street
  • Jits Magazine : BJJ Rankings Update – June 2024
  • MMA Junkie : Jake Paul reacts to Mike Tyson boxing fight postponement: 'I'm heartbroken'
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 302 preview show: Will Dustin Poirier actually finish his story against Islam Makhachev?
  • Middle Easy : Nick Diaz’s UFC Return At 41 Labeled ‘Much More Dangerous’, Given Chance vs. Gunshy Contender
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 302 Gambling Preview: Can Dustin Poirier pull off the upset against Islam Makhachev?
  • MMA Mania : Tyson Vs. Paul Postponed
  • MMA Junkie : Video: WWE champion Cody Rhodes cuts promo for Dustin Poirier ahead of UFC 302: 'Finish your story'
  • MMAFighting.com : Watch WWE champ Cody Rhodes drop ‘Finish Your Story’ promo for Dustin Poirier at UFC 302
  • MMA Mania : Video! Costa Fails Bizarre Twerk Lesson
  • Middle Easy : UFC 302 Faceoffs: Dustin Poirier’s Final Stand Against Islam Makhachev: ‘The Talk Is Done’
  • MMA Junkie : Jake Paul vs. Mike Tyson boxing fight postponed due to medical advice