Topic: Off Topic

The Beer (and other elixirs) Thread

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

legacyofmisfortune
legacyofmisfortune
  • Predictions:  14,159  |  63.5%
  • Forum Posts:  5,349
  • Post Score: 240

04.09.2012 | 11:02 PM ET

I thought having a thread deadicated to Beer (and beer related stories) would be a good idea. 

enough said.

I LOVE BEER, and that's an understatment. I don't drink as much (or as often) as I used to, I don't drink to get drunk (that's just  a happy coincidence), I never drink (more than a couple of beers) and drive, however I rarely pass an opportunity to have a cold one. I like all kinds of beers, but my favorites are the dark ones, bitter and with a strong taste.

I would like to know about the good beers of your side of the world, which are your favorites and whatever stories you'd like to share.

I won't even try to make a rank because that'd be impossible and probably would lead me to madness, but I'll mention some of the ones I like the most

Victoria (Mexican)
Choppe (Mexican
Bohemia(Mexican)
Negra Modelo (Mexican)
Cucapah Obscura (Mexican micro brewery)
Lowenbrau (German)
Heineken (Netherland)
Steel Reserve 211 (USA)
Bavaria (Netherland)
Foster's (Australia or England; depends how you see it)
Samuel Adams Imperial Stout (USA) I've tried it twice it was great but a bit overwhelming

"he is going to the hospital, and im going to the after party, ha ha ha" Nate Diaz

Responses Page 7

boredoms
boredoms
  • Predictions:  47,181  |  62.6%
  • Forum Posts:  1,267
  • Post Score: 236

12.11.2016 | 8:53 PM ET

I've drinking different varieties of Angry Orchard hard ciders.

"I am trained in gorilla warfare" - Stay Ready

GreenHornet
GreenHornet
  • Predictions:  42,804  |  62.5%
  • Forum Posts:  10,325
  • Post Score: 203

12.12.2016 | 12:37 AM ET

Angry Orchard is awesome.  Arguably one of, if not the, best hard cider companies out there.  Their summer Cider is fantastic.

"..."

dtrain24
dtrain24
  • Predictions:  11,971  |  65.8%
  • Forum Posts:  3,212
  • Post Score: 235

12.12.2016 | 12:48 AM ET

I concur. Angry Orchard is amazing.

"His legacy is money. My legacy is smesh." -Khabib

GreenHornet
GreenHornet

12.12.2016 | 11:31 PM ET

Just had a Spanish Beer known as a Daura Marzen.  I found it very good.  Rather malty, but good.

"..."

boredoms
boredoms
  • Predictions:  47,181  |  62.6%
  • Forum Posts:  1,267
  • Post Score: 236

12.13.2016 | 12:12 AM ET

The Green Apple Angry Orchard is my favorite.

"I am trained in gorilla warfare" - Stay Ready

GreenHornet
GreenHornet

09.13.2017 | 10:58 PM ET

Bump

I can't believe I am going to say this, but I have tried Coors Light for the first time...

And I actually like it a lot.  It and Yeungling Light are the only light beers I can actually say that I enjoy for taste.

"..."

Bigj383
Bigj383
  • Predictions:  8,546  |  63.8%
  • Forum Posts:  5,417
  • Post Score: 187

09.14.2017 | 2:54 AM ET

Coors light has barely any more flavor than carbonated water.

"It does not make sense that humans deliberately malfunction. - Upgrade"

GreenHornet
GreenHornet

09.14.2017 | 4:00 AM ET

@Bigj

That may be so, but it is less foamy and sudsy tasting then Bud Light.  Most of the time when I have something from AB-InBev, outside of Blue Moon, it has a sudsy aftertaste which is gross. And I usually avoid light beer like the plague and go straight for Guinness or Murphy's (or something similar), but considering how I am packing on some poundage as of late and am not willing to drop beer entirely for a while, I am stuck in light beer hell.  So if I am going to go for a light beer, might as well be the one that is the least offensive.  For me, that somehow managed to be Coors Light.

"..."

mikeyg
mikeyg
  • Predictions:  7,871  |  66.6%
  • Forum Posts:  6,232
  • Post Score: 113

09.14.2017 | 4:49 AM ET

Drown anyone who likes light beer in the piss water they love so much :P

Seriously, if you like light beer, we can't be friends.
This user is suspended from posting until 4 years, 3 months, 2 weeks, 6 days, 4 hours, and 23 minutes from now.
GreenHornet
GreenHornet

09.15.2017 | 2:43 PM ET

I am not saying it's my first choice Mikey.  It is not even among my top choices.  Hell, I would choose malt liquor over light beer any day of the week (except for Four Loko, that **** is gross) . But if I were stuck on an island in the middle of the Pacific with no chance of getting help and I had nothing to drink outside of light beer and the ocean water, I am going to gladly drink the light beer.

* Edited at 09.15.2017, 2:46 PM ET *

"..."

Page 7

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Junkie : Magomed Ankalaev predicts he'd knock out UFC champ Alex Pereira: 'The man doesn't have a chin'
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘The world gonna see me expose this dude’: Haney ready to dominate Garcia this weekend
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘The world gonna see me expose this dude’: Devin Haney ready to dominate Ryan Garcia this weekend
  • MMA Junkie : Video: Nate Diaz vs. Jorge Masvidal New York press conference live stream (6:30 p.m. ET)
  • MMA Junkie : Michael Chandler eyes BMF title fight with Max Holloway after UFC 303 bout vs. Conor McGregor
  • MMA Mania : Broken Toe? ‘Rotate It A Bit!’
  • MMA Junkie : Ilia Topuria touts feather in cap over Max Holloway after UFC 300 knockout
  • MMAFighting.com : Alex Pereira releases footage of broken toe 2 weeks before UFC 300
  • MMA Junkie : 10 highest UFC event gates in promotion history
  • Middle Easy : (Video) Max Holloway’s Team Lost Their Minds After UFC 300 KO And So Did Ref Marc Goddard
  • MMAFighting.com : Arman Tsarukyan explains why he passed on UFC 302 title fight with Islam Makhachev
  • MMA Mania : Garbrandt Hospitalized With Vertigo
  • MMA Mania : VIDEO: Sound & Pound — Was UFC 300 The Best MMA Event Ever?
  • Bad Left Hook : Devin Haney shoves Ryan Garcia: ‘Your son’s going to get killed,’ says Haney’s father
  • UFC.com : Featherweight Contenders (#12) Edson Barboza And Lerone Murphy Battle At UFC Apex
  • Middle Easy : Michael Bisping: Max Holloway ‘Flipped The Script’ At UFC 300, Justin Gaethje ‘Victim Of His Own Success’
  • MMA Mania : Haney Two-Hands Garcia Atop Empire State Building
  • MMAFighting.com : Between the Links: Epic UFC 300 reaction, Pereira does it again, more
  • UFC.com : The Journey Doesn't Scare Thiago Moises
  • MMA Junkie : Daniel Cormier amazed by UFC champ Alex Pereira's success 'when he can't wrestle'