Topic: Brian Ebersole

"Bad boy"? more like "the entertainer"

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

lilspyder
lilspyder
  • Predictions:  32,913  |  62.1%
  • Forum Posts:  288
  • Post Score: 100

02.27.2011 | 5:07 AM ET

So after watching Ebersole put on a great fight against Lytly last night I just want to ask where did this guy come from?! I mean he had over 60 fights and after last night showed that he can hang with the guys at WW. And to top it all off he was a joy to watch to watch the entire time! I mean he comes out wearing his hayabusa boxing headgear. He then takes off his shirt and his chest hair is shaved to have an arrow pointing to his head. The next part is that he does some weird antics in the ring including the cartwheel kicks! Great entrance for Ebersole and I can't wait to see him fight again!

"Never Give Up! These violent delights have violent ends. Amat victoria paratum"

Brian "Bad Boy" Ebersole

Photo Source:  

Fighter Details

• Name: Brian Ebersole
  • Pro MMA Record: 50-18-1, 1 NC (Win-Loss-Draw)
  • Nickname: Bad Boy
  • Current Streak: 2 Losses
  • Last Fight: June 24, 2016 in HEX
  • Weight Class: Welterweight | Last Weigh-In: 170.5 lbs
  • Affiliation: American Kickboxing Academy
  • Height: 6'0" (183cm) | Reach: 73.0" (185cm)
  • Career Disclosed Earnings: $205,000 USD
  • Born: La Porte, Indiana, United States
  • Fighting out of: Phuket, Thailand
  • Fighter Links:
  • Personal Links:

Responses

jeremy
jeremy
  • Predictions:  1,062  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  819
  • Post Score: 168

02.27.2011 | 6:54 AM ET

i loved watching that fight. i'm a big fan of lytle's but you could see he came in thinking he would run right through ebersole. he was showing him no respect. ebersole was clever and fought a great fight, and was definitely giving it to lytle at a number of different points, not just with the big knee. i'm not sure he has a big future ahead of him in the ufc now that people have seen his game, but it was fascinating to watch unfold.

"Damn right I like the life I live / Cause I went from negative to positive."

LynxGuy
LynxGuy
  • Predictions:  1,054  |  59.7%
  • Forum Posts:  1,120
  • Post Score: 138

02.27.2011 | 7:17 AM ET

I'm also a big fan of Lytle and was pretty upset to see him lose.  I agree with Jeremy, I think that Lytle didn't give Ebersole much respect at all.  He was set to face a huge name in Carlos Condit and instead had to fight a fairly unknown, but experienced fighter who took the fight on short notice. 

At first I thought Ebersole looked pretty goofy with his style of fighting.  It seemed like he was trying to be more flashy than effective so I thought Lytle was in for an easy night.  It seemed like he really picked up speed after the first round though and suddenly he became really effective.  I can't believe he actually dropped Lytle so hard that Lytle looked lost for the rest of the round.  He deserved the win and I'm overly impressed with the guy.  I look forward to seeing who he fights next.

I hope Lytle can bounce back quickly after that gash on his head heals.

"Don't be scared, homie." - Nick Diaz

lilspyder
lilspyder

02.27.2011 | 2:13 PM ET

very true you two, lytle definitely did not give his opponent the respect he deserved and thought it was going to be an easy night for him. You could see it in the first round when he was throwing those huge haymakers, normally his style is more crisp than that. After  that huge knee though it was all downhill because he didn't fight at 100% after that

"Never Give Up! These violent delights have violent ends. Amat victoria paratum"

Gregory
Gregory
  • Predictions:  6,817  |  63.3%
  • Forum Posts:  18,561
  • Post Score: 275

02.27.2011 | 2:19 PM ET

best chest hair since kimbo slice

"I live, I die, I live again."

lilspyder
lilspyder

02.27.2011 | 2:27 PM ET

Nice pic Greg! definitely agree with you on that one

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Middle Easy : Ryan Garcia Reveals His ‘Crazy’ Behavior Was a Publicity Stunt Planned Months in Advance
  • MMA Mania : ‘99.9%’ Chance Edwards Vs. Muhammad 2 Happens At UFC 304
  • MMA Junkie : The 10 largest UFC attendances in history
  • MMA Mania : ‘MMA Media Hates Me, It’s Fine’
  • Middle Easy : Jiri Prochazka Doubles Down On Callout For Alex Pereira Rematch At UFC 301: ‘I Think I Deserve It’
  • Middle Easy : Ryan Garcia Goes Off On Logan Paul For Child Trafficking Comments, Claims He Will ‘Destroy’ Paul In Boxing Match
  • MMA Junkie : Max Holloway's coach breaks down matchup against 'oversized bantamweight' Ilia Topuria
  • MMAFighting.com : Lyoto Machida ‘already breathing fire’ after Luke Rockhold callout, interested in Karate Combat rematch
  • MMA Mania : ‘It’s Crazy That Something Like This Is Happening At This Level’
  • MMA Junkie : Islam Makhachev's coach: 'Biggest threat' Justin Gaethje no longer in UFC title picture
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘Whoever wants to fight Ryan, he feels comfortable at 144’: De La Hoya talks next steps for Garcia
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘Whoever wants to fight Ryan, he feels comfortable at 144’: Oscar De La Hoya talks next steps for Ryan Garcia
  • MMA Mania : Double Champ Islam Next? ‘I Already Beat All These Guys’
  • MMAFighting.com : Justin Gaethje: It’ll be ‘6 months, at least, before I get back to taking shots’ after UFC 300 loss
  • MMA Junkie : Manon Fiorot open to Maycee Barber fight – but only if interim UFC flyweight title at stake
  • MMA Junkie : Arman Tsarukyan fires back at Michael Chandler: 'You are just waiting for a paycheck'
  • MMAFighting.com : Islam Makhachev not interested in Max Holloway matchup: ‘Maybe if he wins his next fight’
  • Bad Left Hook : PODCAST: How much credit does Ryan Garcia deserve for beating Devin Haney?
  • Middle Easy : Israel Adesanya Reflects on His Iconic Rivlary with Alex Pereira: ‘I Just Knew That I Can Beat This Guy’
  • MMA Junkie : Mike Perry lauds Max Holloway for being in phenomenal shape compared to Justin Gaethje