Topic: Ellenberger vs. Kampmann

ellenberger vs kampmann- number one contender

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

wilflet
wilflet
  • Predictions:  8,201  |  59.2%
  • Forum Posts:  2,413
  • Post Score: 228

04.02.2012 | 2:06 PM ET

Prediction: wrong Ellenberger   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 4  

source: http://www.mmaweekly.com/ellenberger-vs-kampmann-set-as-no-1-contenders-bout-headlines-tuf-live-finale

sure it'll be a great fight, but waiting for gsp condit?

that'll be november if theres no more delays. gsp has had defences without taking a scratch, and condit could win by flash knockout and not be damaged. so a quick turn arounds possible. what im getting at is all factors going favourably the shot is febuary 2013.

so in addition to condit waiting til november at least, gsp being out that long, diaz being diaz, bj still retired now either kampmann or jake will sit out A MINIMUM OF 8 MONTHS BETWEEN FIGHTS. and making 3 fighters calenders dependant on gsps knee.

is it me or is the 170lb division being managed poorly this year?

"Demons run when a good man goes to war."

Responses

kallousklown
kallousklown
  • Predictions:  24,203  |  62.6%
  • Forum Posts:  10,967
  • Post Score: 177

04.02.2012 | 11:54 PM ET

Prediction: wrong Ellenberger   wrong Decision  

Glad to see someone will get a title shot. i think Ellenberger has a better chance at beating Condit.

"Are we gonna jump, or we just gonna jerk each other off?"

Brazilian Jitz
Brazilian Jitz
  • Predictions:  3,516  |  61.3%
  • Forum Posts:  6,816
  • Post Score: 211

04.02.2012 | 11:55 PM ET

Prediction: wrong Ellenberger   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 1  

Condit being a ****** really screws everybody over.

"Albert Fish... I mean that guy was a real jerk!"

skelliher
skelliher
  • Predictions:  5,670  |  63.4%
  • Forum Posts:  11,051
  • Post Score: 245

04.02.2012 | 11:58 PM ET

I will put money on the winner of this fight having to fight at least one more time before a title shot. You can't believe DW with his number one contender crap anymore. Ellenberger and Kampmann aren't going to want to or be allowed to wait at least 10 months for a title shot.

* Edited at 04.02.2012, 11:58 PM ET *

"When a game cannot be won, change the game."

kallousklown
kallousklown
  • Predictions:  24,203  |  62.6%
  • Forum Posts:  10,967
  • Post Score: 177

04.03.2012 | 12:04 AM ET

Hopefully the winner of this fight gets a shot at Condit.

"Are we gonna jump, or we just gonna jerk each other off?"

dielegende23
dielegende23
  • Predictions:  20,861  |  71.6%
  • Forum Posts:  7,907
  • Post Score: 268

04.03.2012 | 2:59 AM ET

Prediction: correct Kampmann   wrong Submission   wrong Round 3  

I'm with @skelli here, not gonna happen unless GSP is ready earlier than everybody is expecting. To call it a Nr. 1 contender fight makes more people tune in, probably the only reason they do it.

If Condit wants to wait which I think he will do they could do another "contender fight" with the winner of Kos/Hendricks against Kampmann or Ellenberger...

" I feel like Davy Crockett on the walls of the Alamo, swinging Old Betsy as the enemy swarmed in with bayonets. Sheesh. Listen you young punks....." - Bill Burgess

wilflet
wilflet
  • Predictions:  8,201  |  59.2%
  • Forum Posts:  2,413
  • Post Score: 228

04.03.2012 | 10:38 AM ET

Prediction: wrong Ellenberger   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 4  

@kallous- ellenberger/kampmann vs condit is what i think should happen (that or ellenberger got condit over the summer) but i dont see it happening.

@dielegende thats what i see happening, but it just means this time next year other than the champ no one in the top 10 has a decent streak, due to eliminating each other in this quasi tournament set up, no ones seen as deserving of a shot, and the champ sits out again waiting on another number 1 contender match. and especially if its gsp thats just not what he needs at this stage in his career

"Demons run when a good man goes to war."

SoccerKick
SoccerKick
  • Predictions:  32,055  |  61.8%
  • Forum Posts:  13,504
  • Post Score: 186

04.03.2012 | 10:42 AM ET

Prediction: wrong Ellenberger   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 2  

People complain about rematches and now thats all anyone wants in the WW division!?!

"I'm too old to be run by the fears of dumb people "

viper9241
viper9241
  • Predictions:  233  |  60.5%
  • Forum Posts:  21
  • Post Score: 124

04.03.2012 | 4:46 PM ET

i think Ellenberger will beat Kampman as well as Condit! But then GSP will come back and smash him into chalk dust :/

"Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water. -Bruce Lee"

Anik
Anik
  • Predictions:  6,592  |  62.5%
  • Forum Posts:  17,508
  • Post Score: 160

04.03.2012 | 7:42 PM ET

Does anyone think Kampmann has a chance against GSP?

"الله أكبرl"

MikeLovesTacos XD
MikeLovesTacos XD
  • Predictions:  30,326  |  59.3%
  • Forum Posts:  22,484
  • Post Score: 203

04.03.2012 | 7:48 PM ET

Prediction: correct Kampmann   wrong Submission   correct Round 2  

I think he has a chance but not a big one at all. I will be rooting for him though if it happens.

"Why are you booing me? I am the GOAT. **** you." - Patricio "Pitbull" Freire

dielegende23
dielegende23

04.03.2012 | 7:51 PM ET

@ Anik, as a big fan of Kampmann I like to think so. In reality GSP wins 9 out of 10 times. If they ever fight I hope Kampmann can be the exception that proves the rule.

* Edited at 04.03.2012, 7:54 PM ET *

" I feel like Davy Crockett on the walls of the Alamo, swinging Old Betsy as the enemy swarmed in with bayonets. Sheesh. Listen you young punks....." - Bill Burgess

Anik
Anik

04.03.2012 | 8:02 PM ET

Where could he beat GSP?

"الله أكبرl"

dielegende23
dielegende23

04.04.2012 | 6:29 AM ET

He could knock him out like Serra or tap him out like Hughes, but like I said 9 out of 10 times it would be the other way around...

yorma
yorma
  • Predictions:  30,162  |  62.3%
  • Forum Posts:  3,462
  • Post Score: 292

04.04.2012 | 7:15 AM ET

Think both are too much for Kampmann, even if Ellenberger shows holes in his game against Sanchez in the 3rd..

"And whats up with y'all, Looking at me like a monkey, You !?! Yeah right, You're all saints, You !! Bunch of macaques !! Gimme a baby monkey, He'll be .. Wonderfull"

MMApicker42
MMApicker42
  • Predictions:  4,050  |  66.0%
  • Forum Posts:  1,828
  • Post Score: 131

04.05.2012 | 6:22 PM ET

Kampmann cannot knock anyone out worth a ****, He is purely technical, GSP would whipe the floor with him 10 out of 10 fights.... The only guys Kampmann knocked out were 3 no namers in the very beginning of his career and some other can in early 2009.... Honestly Kampmann should not be such a dumbass and use his ground game more, he has much more success there.

On the other note Ellenberger has one punch KO ability, but if GSP gets Ellenberger into the 3rd round he would win. And I know without a doubt Ellenberger has much more power in his punches than Serra.

* Edited at 04.05.2012, 6:28 PM ET *

dielegende23
dielegende23

04.05.2012 | 6:28 PM ET

@mmapicker, what is your problem with Kampmann you seem to hate the guy ?

MMApicker42
MMApicker42

04.05.2012 | 6:38 PM ET

@ dielegende23, I think he has great potential, but his whiny ass, sore losing attitude and horrible gameplans don't appease to me.  I think he's gotten lucky over the past 2 fights he's had... Alves shooting in giving his neck to Kampmann, when he clearly dominated for three rounds and Story blowing his bursa sack in his knee in the first 30 seconds of the second round, when Story whooped on him the first round.... I'm sure he would've complained like a crybaby if the Alves fight went to a decision and he lost,... Ellenberger will hopefully knock his ass out in the 1st so I don't have to hear it anymore.
Anik
Anik

04.05.2012 | 6:50 PM ET

lol at anyone who thinks Kampmann could KO or submit GSP. just...lol.

Like, how can you be an MMA fan if you think Kampmann could do...anything to GSP?

"الله أكبرl"

dielegende23
dielegende23

04.05.2012 | 6:52 PM ET

Well you say he got lucky in his last 2 fights, but he got srewed in the 2 fights before that so it's just karma if you will. Also he has a right to be upset, it's his career and if you got ambition and want to achieve something with it and guys who call themselfs judges srew you over I would be upset too.

Kampmann admitted in the post fight interview that Alves was the better guy, and made fun about himself what are you talking about?

And the Ellenberger fight, as far as that goes I hope Ellenberger dominates and Martin finishs him in the last round so you can be bit more bitter about it... ;->

MMApicker42
MMApicker42

04.05.2012 | 7:16 PM ET

He was still complaining about his losses in pre-fight interviews coming up to his fight with Alves... when he had already gotten a win over Story... As for his losses, it's his own fault for leaving a close fight into the hands of the judges...Move on, Be humble, and learn from your losses, don't ***** about a loss from 18 months ago(Shields fight)  and a year ago(Sanchez fight) It doesn't do any good dwelling on the past.
As for the interview you read, thats because he won....LOL if he would've lost it would've been a different story..... Wow you are very spiteful in making a comment that you hope Kampmann wins so I'll be specifically bitter about it.... Im not worried though because that isn't going to happen... Your boy Kampmann's head is gonna be in the nosebleed section in the first round. =)

* Edited at 04.05.2012, 7:28 PM ET *

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Bad Left Hook : Predictions: Will Jose Ramirez and Vergil Ortiz Jr shine on Saturday?
  • MMA Mania : Meet PFL’s Latest Flyweight Signing, Melissa Balic!
  • Jits Magazine : Elijah Dorsey To Challenge Max Hanson For Welterweight Title At Enigma Invitational 15
  • MMA Mania : Midnight Mania: Buckley Lands UFC St. Louis Co-Main Vs. Ruziboev
  • MMA Mania : UFC Vegas 91 Odds, Under Dogs And Best Bets!
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘Just continue being the best’: Crawford looks forward to upcoming title fight with Madrimov
  • MMA Mania : Doumbe Gets New Opponent For Bellator Paris
  • MMA Junkie : Terence Crawford vs. Israil Madrimov official; Isaac Cruz, Andy Ruiz Jr. on undercard
  • Middle Easy : Chris Weidman Compares Alex Pereira’s Wrestling To Ben Askren’s Striking: ‘Such A Deficiency’
  • MMA Mania : ‘I Would Step In The Fire With Pereira And He Knows That’
  • MMA Junkie : Matheus Nicolau done with Manel Kape bookings, focused on title shot after UFC on ESPN 55 headliner
  • MMAFighting.com : BKFC KnuckleMania 4 fight card: Perry vs. Alves
  • Middle Easy : ‘Cowboy’ Cerrone Tears Bicep ‘Off the Bone’ While Preparing to Ride Dana White’s Prized Bull
  • MMA Junkie : Ryan Spann claims he hasn't watched tape on Bogdan Guskov ahead of UFC on ESPN 55 co-main bout
  • MMA Mania : Keep $300K Bonuses! ‘It Can’t Go Back’
  • MMAFighting.com : Joaquin Buckley vs. Nursulton Ruziboev announced for UFC St. Louis co-headliner
  • MMA Junkie : Joaquin Buckley gets UFC on ESPN 56 co-main assignment vs. Nursulton Ruziboev
  • MMA Mania : Pereira = ... Askren? ‘It’s Weird To See’
  • MMAFighting.com : Cain Velasquez attempted murder trial set to begin in September
  • MMA Junkie : Jose Aldo confirms UFC 301 final fight on contract, hints at boxing match at Jake Paul vs. Mike Tyson