Tapology Forums

Bisping Vs Sonnen

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

MikeAWhitney
MikeAWhitney
  • Predictions:  296  |  61.8%
  • Forum Posts:  252
  • Post Score: 50

02.26.2011 | 9:31 PM ET

There has been a lot of talk of this being the next fight for the two fighters what do you guys think? Good Match up?

Responses

thiagosilva9794
thiagosilva9794
  • Predictions:  5,113  |  60.4%
  • Forum Posts:  11,315
  • Post Score: 142

02.27.2011 | 12:25 PM ET

Ya personally i would love it imagine the amount of talk...? I like both guys kinda....

"I really feel like I'm the most dangerous guy out there" BJ Penn........... UFC on Fox 2 event winner :)

kallousklown
kallousklown
  • Predictions:  24,203  |  62.6%
  • Forum Posts:  10,967
  • Post Score: 177

02.27.2011 | 12:39 PM ET

well chaels gonna be racist and make fun of the brits while bisping makes fun of his drug test and the money thing. however when it comes fight time, im sure chael will just wrestle bisping down for 3 rounds.

"Are we gonna jump, or we just gonna jerk each other off?"

CONMAN999
CONMAN999
  • Predictions:  253  |  66.4%
  • Forum Posts:  73
  • Post Score: 42

02.27.2011 | 12:43 PM ET

Britain is not a race, its a country. But I agree, Sonnen would outwrestle Bisping

"It's Never Been This Cold In Miami"

kallousklown
kallousklown
  • Predictions:  24,203  |  62.6%
  • Forum Posts:  10,967
  • Post Score: 177

02.27.2011 | 12:47 PM ET

technically, when it comes to race theyre both human but you know what i mean. theyre gonna talk about beating the other senseless then the fans are gonna booooooooooooo because they fell for the hype.

"Are we gonna jump, or we just gonna jerk each other off?"

zerohours
zerohours
  • Predictions:  499  |  60.3%
  • Forum Posts:  180
  • Post Score: 41

02.27.2011 | 12:57 PM ET

Is Sonnen, not suspended and facing charges for fraud? This would probably be a hard fight to make for the forseeable future, That said it would be interesting, both are top mw's. I rather see a Bisping vs Okami or Wanderlei 2

"Even though my spanish is rusty, yo my English is Olde, 40 down, grab yourself an ice cold Colt 45 feelin alive drunk as **** in the daylight ready to die"

MikeAWhitney
MikeAWhitney

02.27.2011 | 1:05 PM ET

I was talking about the fight not the **** out of the cage.  if it gets put together it gets put together. i think this would be an even match up for the two fighters. and if it does happen i agree that sonnen would put it to bisping with his wrestling.
Gregory
Gregory
  • Predictions:  6,817  |  63.3%
  • Forum Posts:  18,561
  • Post Score: 275

02.27.2011 | 1:45 PM ET

@Mike as long as you recognize that the Sonnen suspension situation might keep him out of action for a while.

If you put that aside and just break down a fight between these two guys, I think it's Sonnen all the way. Sonnen has shown that he can literally grind out anyone in the division. Okami, Marquardt, and even Anderson Silva for 4 rounds. I don't think Bisping brings anything new to the table as compared to those guys.

Unless of course Sonnen comes back and has lost a step.  Sonnen got caught for having elevated levels of testosterone. Did that or anything else he took enhance his performance?  I have no idea.  But I think it's fair to bring it up when a fighter tests positive.

"I live, I die, I live again."

MikeAWhitney
MikeAWhitney

02.27.2011 | 1:49 PM ET

im guessing this would be a fight after the silva superfight.  it would be a good match up another thought would be to resign henderson if they can get him back he would be a good fighter to toss into the mix.
LynxGuy
LynxGuy
  • Predictions:  1,054  |  59.7%
  • Forum Posts:  1,120
  • Post Score: 138

02.27.2011 | 2:05 PM ET

@Mike - I don't think Henderson's interested in the UFC or the middleweight division anymore.

Also it's gonna be a while until we see Sonnen back fighting so it's tough to tell where Bisping will even be in the rankings when Sonnen gets back.  I think if Vitor is really fighting Bisping, then Bisping's about to knocked out of the top 10.  In that case I'd rather see Sonnen come back fighting someone who's higher up on the ladder like Vitor.

If by the freak chance this fight happens, I say Sonnen takes it by unanimous decision.

"Don't be scared, homie." - Nick Diaz

seanbio
seanbio
  • Predictions:  260  |  58.1%
  • Forum Posts:  169
  • Post Score: 37

02.27.2011 | 4:32 PM ET

Love the match up, especially what happened after Bisping vs. Rivera. If Bisping can't handle Rivera's trash talk him, Sonnen is gonna rile him up. Crossing the line for Sonnen is an understatement.

"Joe Silva could call Dan Miller at 3 in morning to tell him he's fighting Godzilla in an hour and he would take that fight."

GutturalReef
GutturalReef
  • Predictions:  386  |  56.5%
  • Forum Posts:  105
  • Post Score: 39

02.27.2011 | 5:34 PM ET

Sonnen would embarrass Bisping both in and out of the cage; true story....

"If people ain't hatin', you doin' somethin' wrong...."

SoccerKick
SoccerKick
  • Predictions:  32,055  |  61.8%
  • Forum Posts:  13,504
  • Post Score: 186

02.27.2011 | 6:17 PM ET

Sonnen would win this fight pretty easily I think...He has solid boxing and could stand with Bisping, but Bisping probably out points him standing using kick boxing vs the boxer...Chael has a huge advantage on the ground and would take him down at will and hold him there as long as he wants to

"I'm too old to be run by the fears of dumb people "

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Jits Magazine : Elijah Dorsey To Challenge Max Hanson For Welterweight Title At Enigma Invitational 15
  • MMA Mania : Midnight Mania: Buckley Lands UFC St. Louis Co-Main Vs. Ruziboev
  • MMA Mania : UFC Vegas 91 Odds, Under Dogs And Best Bets!
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘Just continue being the best’: Crawford looks forward to upcoming title fight with Madrimov
  • MMA Mania : Doumbe Gets New Opponent For Bellator Paris
  • MMA Junkie : Terence Crawford vs. Israil Madrimov official; Isaac Cruz, Andy Ruiz Jr. on undercard
  • Middle Easy : Chris Weidman Compares Alex Pereira’s Wrestling To Ben Askren’s Striking: ‘Such A Deficiency’
  • MMA Mania : ‘I Would Step In The Fire With Pereira And He Knows That’
  • MMA Junkie : Matheus Nicolau done with Manel Kape bookings, focused on title shot after UFC on ESPN 55 headliner
  • MMAFighting.com : BKFC KnuckleMania 4 fight card: Perry vs. Alves
  • Middle Easy : ‘Cowboy’ Cerrone Tears Bicep ‘Off the Bone’ While Preparing to Ride Dana White’s Prized Bull
  • MMA Junkie : Ryan Spann claims he hasn't watched tape on Bogdan Guskov ahead of UFC on ESPN 55 co-main bout
  • MMA Mania : Keep $300K Bonuses! ‘It Can’t Go Back’
  • MMAFighting.com : Joaquin Buckley vs. Nursulton Ruziboev announced for UFC St. Louis co-headliner
  • MMA Junkie : Joaquin Buckley gets UFC on ESPN 56 co-main assignment vs. Nursulton Ruziboev
  • MMA Mania : Pereira = ... Askren? ‘It’s Weird To See’
  • MMAFighting.com : Cain Velasquez attempted murder trial set to begin in September
  • MMA Junkie : Jose Aldo confirms UFC 301 final fight on contract, hints at boxing match at Jake Paul vs. Mike Tyson
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘Run it back, give fans a fair fight’: Devin Haney on Ryan Garcia loss
  • UFC.com : Alexandre Pantoja | TUF Beginnings