Tapology Forums

Strikeforce

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

zarog
zarog
  • Predictions:  2,855  |  63.8%
  • Forum Posts:  4,174
  • Post Score: 241

03.12.2012 | 2:32 PM ET

An interesting article: http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2012/3/12/2864640/ufc-zuffa-purchases-strikeforce-one-year-later

The one thing that really stood out to me was the fact that the Showtime deal had been extended to 2014. I thought it was only supposed to be through the end of this year. Guess that means Melendez, Rockhold, Mousasi, Jacare, King Mo, and Tyron Woodley are all gonna be stuck in SF. That really blows. None of the divisions in SF are deep enough to make interesting in my eyes. They are a lot like the WEC. The top 3-8 guys are pretty good, and then after that there is a HUGE drop off in the talent. Problem is that 10 guys can't make an entire division. Anyone notice anything else?

"Surrender??!! You think this letter on my head stands for France?" - Captain America

Responses

brad
brad
  • Predictions:  804  |  58.5%
  • Forum Posts:  1,120
  • Post Score: 104

03.12.2012 | 2:44 PM ET

I'm glad we won't be loosing SF just yet. There are so many fighters there that I love to watch; Jordan Mein (although I don't know if he still works for SF), Josh Barnett, Gil Melendez, Mousasi, Rousey, Jacare and many more.

I'd like to see Gilbert and Mousasi in the UFC soon.
wolfmanhowl
wolfmanhowl

03.12.2012 | 3:04 PM ET

i would just make SF an all female organization. just put all the godd SF fighters in the UFC. very simple.
themysticalninja
themysticalninja
  • Predictions:  1,219  |  59.5%
  • Forum Posts:  1,725
  • Post Score: 123

03.12.2012 | 5:01 PM ET

@Wolfmanhowl, I wouldn't as it would see many potential good fighters get lost in the shuffle. I do agree with a better focus on WMMA.

I would have the Strikeforce act like WEC, a place for up-and-comers to be tested in the next stage of MMA with some veterans in there.

Melendez needs to be moved to UFC asap though.

"Go get some Donald CER-ROE-NAY!" - Greg Jackson

Anik
Anik
  • Predictions:  6,592  |  62.5%
  • Forum Posts:  17,508
  • Post Score: 160

03.12.2012 | 5:08 PM ET

Ugh I'm sick of Strikeforce, euthanize it the old fashion way.

"الله أكبرl"

zarog
zarog
  • Predictions:  2,855  |  63.8%
  • Forum Posts:  4,174
  • Post Score: 241

03.12.2012 | 10:00 PM ET

Strikeforce is running on life support. It's an organization that's trying to compete with the bigger organizations, but it's under the same company as the big boys. It just doesn't make sense to keep it. I want to see the guys from Strikeforce in the UFC, partially because I believe some of them will do very well and will actually strengthen the divisions. We all know the MW and LHW divisions could use the extra guys. Mousasi, King Mo, and Roger Gracie would bolster the LHW's and put some guys ready to keep Jones/Evans winner busy. Rockhold, Jacare, and Sayers would help add a little depth to the MWs. 

"Surrender??!! You think this letter on my head stands for France?" - Captain America

ONE HIT QUIT
ONE HIT QUIT
  • Predictions:  15,663  |  63.3%
  • Forum Posts:  362
  • Post Score: 165

03.13.2012 | 3:11 AM ET

I think SF serves a great porpose. Fighters like Gil, Rockhold, and Jacare and a bunch of other guys get main event attention. If these guys were in the UFC right now, they would be middle of the card, and get talked about way less.

It just sucks they are only doing an event every two months.

MikeLovesTacos XD
MikeLovesTacos XD
  • Predictions:  30,326  |  59.3%
  • Forum Posts:  22,484
  • Post Score: 203

03.13.2012 | 6:43 AM ET

I think if Zuffa is smart they will keep it around. In my opinion it still has some serious talent, the HW-UFC merge definitely hurts it but it doesnt kill it. I think the UFC should send some fighters down to Strikeforce. I dont see why not, it may seem like a step down but I dont see the big deal with it especially in the case of a 'superfight' like if they sent someone like Pettis to SF to fight Gil I think that'd be awesome, they could do alot with Strikeforce. There will also still be a home for WMMA. I dont know whats gonna be done with Strikeforce but sadly I dont think its gonna be around much longer, although I think it should stay for atleast another year-year and a half. See where it can go. 

"Why are you booing me? I am the GOAT. **** you." - Patricio "Pitbull" Freire

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Jits Magazine : Elijah Dorsey To Challenge Max Hanson For Welterweight Title At Enigma Invitational 15
  • MMA Mania : Midnight Mania: Buckley Lands UFC St. Louis Co-Main Vs. Ruziboev
  • MMA Mania : UFC Vegas 91 Odds, Under Dogs And Best Bets!
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘Just continue being the best’: Crawford looks forward to upcoming title fight with Madrimov
  • MMA Mania : Doumbe Gets New Opponent For Bellator Paris
  • MMA Junkie : Terence Crawford vs. Israil Madrimov official; Isaac Cruz, Andy Ruiz Jr. on undercard
  • Middle Easy : Chris Weidman Compares Alex Pereira’s Wrestling To Ben Askren’s Striking: ‘Such A Deficiency’
  • MMA Mania : ‘I Would Step In The Fire With Pereira And He Knows That’
  • MMA Junkie : Matheus Nicolau done with Manel Kape bookings, focused on title shot after UFC on ESPN 55 headliner
  • MMAFighting.com : BKFC KnuckleMania 4 fight card: Perry vs. Alves
  • Middle Easy : ‘Cowboy’ Cerrone Tears Bicep ‘Off the Bone’ While Preparing to Ride Dana White’s Prized Bull
  • MMA Junkie : Ryan Spann claims he hasn't watched tape on Bogdan Guskov ahead of UFC on ESPN 55 co-main bout
  • MMA Mania : Keep $300K Bonuses! ‘It Can’t Go Back’
  • MMAFighting.com : Joaquin Buckley vs. Nursulton Ruziboev announced for UFC St. Louis co-headliner
  • MMA Junkie : Joaquin Buckley gets UFC on ESPN 56 co-main assignment vs. Nursulton Ruziboev
  • MMA Mania : Pereira = ... Askren? ‘It’s Weird To See’
  • MMAFighting.com : Cain Velasquez attempted murder trial set to begin in September
  • MMA Junkie : Jose Aldo confirms UFC 301 final fight on contract, hints at boxing match at Jake Paul vs. Mike Tyson
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘Run it back, give fans a fair fight’: Devin Haney on Ryan Garcia loss
  • UFC.com : Alexandre Pantoja | TUF Beginnings