Tapology Forums

If strikeforce went under....

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Kokid951
Kokid951
  • Predictions:  667  |  58.6%
  • Forum Posts:  540
  • Post Score: 213

02.17.2011 | 12:30 PM ET

I'd like to see overeem's first fight in the ufc be check kongo :-)would be sick to see those two BEASTS in the octagon 
-agree?

"dont mistake kindness for weakness"

Responses

thabestevah
thabestevah
  • Predictions:  199  |  61.8%
  • Forum Posts:  55
  • Post Score: 27

02.17.2011 | 3:00 PM ET

No... Who in there right mind would agree? Kongo has draws with guys like Travis Brown and beat Buentello by taking him to the ground and refusing to strike with him. Now he is going to strike with Overeem. Kongo would last about as long as all the other sub-par competition that Overeem has beaten since his drastic size change. 

"It's not about whether you win or lose... Well, unless your the guy who lost."

DaiKaiju Wicked
DaiKaiju Wicked
  • Predictions:  2,021  |  67.8%
  • Forum Posts:  383
  • Post Score: 149

02.17.2011 | 3:10 PM ET

While I don't necessarily think Kongo vs. Overeem would be a bad fight, I don't think it's a good match up for Kongo.  Kongo is a 1 dimensional kickboxer, who would be going up against, it seems weird to say this but by all accounts it's true, the best heavyweight kickboxer in the world.  Overeem has every advantage over Kongo, including wrestling which would eliminate a Buentello/Kongo like result, so I agree with thebest in that it would probably be a very quick fight.  That being said, I never mind seeing Overeem go ape on lesser competition...I laugh during Overeem fights far more than I would like to admit to, given the serious amount of damage The Reem does to his opposition.

"I was born as a catholic but the nuns turned me. I was born as a pacifist but the guns turned me. I was born to be a beautiful man, but the ugliness is powerful, I do what I can."

minotauro11
minotauro11
  • Predictions:  2,483  |  66.5%
  • Forum Posts:  4,493
  • Post Score: 148

02.17.2011 | 3:18 PM ET

Overeem vs. JDS is like my dream fight at heavyweight, outside of a few nostalgic Nogueira fights (nog vs CC anyone?) and a JDS vs. Cain fight. Overeem probably has the best technique, but Dos Santos probably has superior boxing, maybe more power, and probably a better chin. One guy would get KO'd for sure. 

"We Are All One"

Gregory
Gregory
  • Predictions:  6,817  |  63.3%
  • Forum Posts:  18,560
  • Post Score: 275

02.17.2011 | 3:53 PM ET

If they want to show off Overeem as a badass, they put him against Kongo.  But I think they put him right up against one of their top-3 fighters.

"I live, I die, I live again."

TownStar
TownStar
  • Predictions:  944  |  63.1%
  • Forum Posts:  329
  • Post Score: 62

02.17.2011 | 4:12 PM ET

@gregory, agreed, Dana would put him in there with a killer like he always does for hyped up seasoned fighters coming from different orgs. 

@Daikaiju, i dont like overeem... but i love to watch him fight, especially since hes become the horse eating monster and K-1 overlord. Watching him knee Todd Duffee to death was like watching a gorilla tear the head of a chimpanzee.

"fresh outta Oakland..."

zerohours
zerohours
  • Predictions:  499  |  60.3%
  • Forum Posts:  180
  • Post Score: 41

02.17.2011 | 4:17 PM ET

I'd be most intrigued to see Alistair Overeem take on one of the wrestling wrecking machines at the top of the ufc hw division, e.g. Velasquez, Lesnar, Carwin. I don't believe Overeem has truely been tested by a mamoth ridiculously strong ground and pound wrestler like Lesnar or Carwin or someone with an insanely crazy pace like Velasquez. Forsure Overeem would have the advantage on the feet, but I would love to see how he reacts if he gets put on his back by someone as big and strong as he is.

"Even though my spanish is rusty, yo my English is Olde, 40 down, grab yourself an ice cold Colt 45 feelin alive drunk as **** in the daylight ready to die"

kallousklown
kallousklown
  • Predictions:  24,203  |  62.6%
  • Forum Posts:  10,967
  • Post Score: 177

02.17.2011 | 4:28 PM ET

i would enjoy watching overeem fight carwin. 

"Are we gonna jump, or we just gonna jerk each other off?"

TheVigilante
TheVigilante
  • Predictions:  566  |  66.8%
  • Forum Posts:  30
  • Post Score: 30

02.17.2011 | 5:28 PM ET

Fights against Velasquez, Lesnar, JDS, and Carwin would be sweet. A great first fight for him could be Frank Mir or Roy Nelson, then he could face one of the top 4.
MikeAWhitney
MikeAWhitney
  • Predictions:  296  |  61.8%
  • Forum Posts:  252
  • Post Score: 50

02.17.2011 | 5:37 PM ET

i agree with gregory. But I dont like the whole throw a guy from one org into another and give him an immediate title shot. I believe if brock lesnar had gotten some more fights under his belt he would have been ten times the fighter and champion and I wouldnt like to see that happen to someone like overeem.
akira
akira
  • Predictions:  338  |  58.3%
  • Forum Posts:  6
  • Post Score: 117

02.17.2011 | 7:55 PM ET

mikewhitney......I DON'T AGREE WITH YOU!!!
TacomaTerror
TacomaTerror
  • Predictions:  149  |  60.4%
  • Forum Posts:  480
  • Post Score: 59

02.17.2011 | 8:37 PM ET

Overeem vs Carwin

Basically we get to see one guy face down on the canvas no matter who wins.. sounds like a good fight to me!

" ."All praise is to Allah, I'll fight any man, any animal, if Jesus were here I'd fight him too." "

kallousklown
kallousklown

02.17.2011 | 8:45 PM ET

exactly, tacoma!

TacomaTerror
TacomaTerror

02.17.2011 | 8:54 PM ET

And.. the winner would more then likely be a top contender.

" ."All praise is to Allah, I'll fight any man, any animal, if Jesus were here I'd fight him too." "

Gregory
Gregory
  • Predictions:  6,817  |  63.3%
  • Forum Posts:  18,560
  • Post Score: 275

02.17.2011 | 9:01 PM ET

the winner is a top contender, the loser ends up looking like the guy in akira's messed up avatar

"I live, I die, I live again."

TacomaTerror
TacomaTerror

02.17.2011 | 9:02 PM ET

Lmao agreed. Wait.. is that Frank Mir after he fought Carwin!?

TacomaTerror
TacomaTerror

02.17.2011 | 9:03 PM ET

Mike, I think that if Overeem wins the SF tournament with ease that the UFC would be just in giving him a title shot.

kallousklown
kallousklown

02.17.2011 | 9:10 PM ET

thats reason enough. though i would still like to see overeem have one fight rather than an immediate title shot.

TacomaTerror
TacomaTerror

02.17.2011 | 9:19 PM ET

I'm sure they would just to show off him as a shiny new toy to the UFC community. Honestly I say Mir, or Carwin.

ksturdiv
ksturdiv
  • Predictions:  2,225  |  55.9%
  • Forum Posts:  87
  • Post Score: 47

02.18.2011 | 1:44 AM ET

I like Kongo but Overeem is too much for him ... he's better off being one of the gate keepers in the division ... fighting guys that are on the come up or on their way out

"Live, Love, Fight"

LynxGuy
LynxGuy
  • Predictions:  1,054  |  59.7%
  • Forum Posts:  1,120
  • Post Score: 138

02.18.2011 | 8:00 AM ET

If Alistair Overeem does ever make his way to the UFC, the fight I want to see most is Alistair Overeem vs Junior Dos Santos.  Really I can't think of a more exciting heavyweight fight right now.  Both of these guys have serious power and great technical striking.  We're almost guaranteed a fantastic knockout of a top 10 heavyweight.  I'd be picking Overeem to win.

"Don't be scared, homie." - Nick Diaz

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Mania : Midnight Mania: And New Super Lightweight Champion?
  • MMA Mania : Nurmagomedov Injured, Bellator Paris Title Fight Paused
  • MMA Mania : Doumbe Inks PFL Extension, Returns At Bellator Paris
  • MMA Junkie : Ben Rothwell hopes Mark Hunt signing with BKFC materializes, wants rematch that 'brings eyes'
  • Middle Easy : Ryan Garcia Banks Big Money After Placing a $2 Million Bet on Himself to Defeat Devin Haney
  • MMA Junkie : Murad Ramazanov lauds Nurmagomedov training discipline for fast start in PFL debut
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘This is going to make him a way bigger superstar’: Trainer talks Garcia’s big win over Haney
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘This is going to make him a way bigger superstar’: Trainer talks Ryan Garcia’s big win over Devin Haney
  • MMA Mania : ‘This Could Be A Career Death Sentence’
  • MMAFighting.com : DC calls for McGregor vs. Chandler to be 165-pound ‘super lightweight’ title fight
  • MMA Mania : ‘Be Prepared To Bleed, Rainbow!’
  • Bad Left Hook : Pitbull Cruz, Andy Ruiz Jr, Santa Cruz vs Mares 3 on Crawford undercard
  • Middle Easy : Jamahal Hill Says He ‘Took No Damage’ Against Alex Pereira, Plans To Take Out ‘Frustrations’ Against Khalil Rountree Jr
  • MMA Junkie : Savannah Marshall's MMA debut opponent revealed as full 2024 PFL Europe 2 lineup announced
  • Middle Easy : Chael Sonnen Shuts Down Chances Of Conor McGregor and Michael Chandler Fighting For Proposed 165-Pound Title
  • MMAFighting.com : BKFC owners at Triller acquired by Hong Kong-based finance company in $4 billion merger
  • MMA Junkie : The Ryan Garcia show is ready to take off after upset of Devin Haney | Opinion
  • MMA Mania : Aspinall ‘Would Be In Trouble’ Against Someone Like Velasquez
  • MMA Junkie : John Kavanagh: Conor McGregor's 'technique is as sharp as ever' ahead of UFC 303
  • MMA Mania : Watch BROADENED HORIZIN — Feat. Satoshi, Archuleta, Watanabe