Topic: Alistair Overeem

Poor Overeem

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

lilspyder
lilspyder
  • Predictions:  32,913  |  62.1%
  • Forum Posts:  288
  • Post Score: 100

02.14.2011 | 11:46 AM ET

So this posting is to say poor overeem. He's been stating how he would love to fight Fedor and now there is no point for him to even attempt it anymore. At least after the Werdum fight it was like he could at least claim to be the first man to KO/TKO Fedor, but no longer thanks to Bigfoot. So now if Overeem ever does get a chance to fight Fedor, there is no point at all for him to fight him, it has now become a lose-lose situation for Overeem. If he loses he drops significantly in any rankings and probably loses his title if it's a title fight. If he wins he was suppose to win because Fedor is supposedly over now. Oh and there is one more lose in this situation. A lose for us as funs to see these two men fight. It would have been amazing to see but now this may only happen if they are both in the loss column and Strikeforce needs some more pull for a fight card

"Never Give Up! These violent delights have violent ends. Amat victoria paratum"

Alistair "The Demolition Man" Overeem

Photo Source:  

Fighter Details

• Given Name: Alistair Cees Overeem
  • Pro MMA Record: 47-19-0, 1 NC (Win-Loss-Draw)
  • Nickname: The Demolition Man
  • Current Streak: 1 Loss
  • Last Fight: February 06, 2021 in UFC
  • Weight Class: Heavyweight | Last Weigh-In: 255.5 lbs
  • Affiliation: N/A
  • Height: 6'4" (193cm) | Reach: 80.0" (203cm)
  • Career Disclosed Earnings: $4,539,999 USD
  • Born: Hounslow, England
  • Fighting out of: Amsterdam, Netherlands
  • Fighter Links:
  • Personal Links:

Responses

Gregory
Gregory
  • Predictions:  6,816  |  63.3%
  • Forum Posts:  18,560
  • Post Score: 275

02.14.2011 | 11:54 AM ET

Sucks, but oh well. A few years ago the dream matchup was Fedor vs Couture, and all the lawsuits got in the way, and Randy stayed with the UFC.

"I live, I die, I live again."

kallousklown
kallousklown
  • Predictions:  24,203  |  62.6%
  • Forum Posts:  10,967
  • Post Score: 177

02.14.2011 | 5:53 PM ET

Fedor has lost 2 in a row to too skilled fghters but i honestly dont think he is over. he might not be as great as he used to be but i wouldnt count hi out because those 2 losses.

"Are we gonna jump, or we just gonna jerk each other off?"

BeastMaster
BeastMaster
  • Predictions:  1,958  |  59.8%
  • Forum Posts:  3,029
  • Post Score: 180

02.14.2011 | 8:01 PM ET

Scott coker says that he might book fedor to fight the loser of the overreem/werdum fight.Know i'm hoping werdum wins so the dream fight happens.

"Be peaceful, be courteous, obey the law, respect everyone; but if someone lays a hand on you, send him to the cemetery."

Gregory
Gregory
  • Predictions:  6,816  |  63.3%
  • Forum Posts:  18,560
  • Post Score: 275

02.14.2011 | 8:14 PM ET

Coker and M1 are desperately hoping that they can convince Fedor to fight again.

But it's not their decision. In the ring Saturday night it sounded like Fedor wanted to retire. And apparently Russian people who could hear him said it was even more definitive than his translator made it out to be.

I don't know man, I kind of doubt we'll see Fedor fight again.

"I live, I die, I live again."

dafunkskunk
dafunkskunk
  • Predictions:  111  |  59.5%
  • Forum Posts:  24
  • Post Score: 13

02.14.2011 | 8:38 PM ET

i dont think so either, but id still like to see him go up against couture lol

"long live the last emperor"

Eric
Eric
  • Predictions:  322  |  62.7%
  • Forum Posts:  7
  • Post Score: 71

02.14.2011 | 9:36 PM ET

Fedor would definitely have trouble with Overeem. The dude probably weighs more that Bigfoot, but he is like 80% muscle :| . Anyways, I would love to see Fedor rematch Werdum, he can easily avenge that loss.

"U Mad?"

bklettke
bklettke
  • Predictions:  2,109  |  64.7%
  • Forum Posts:  1,761
  • Post Score: 117

02.15.2011 | 8:30 AM ET

Vadim must of had a talkin with him and told him he has no choice, sounds like he'll be fighting again. Damn Russians, you'd think after the whole Ivan Drago boxing situation that they'd turn the cheek on this one....

Piercerdan
Piercerdan
  • Predictions:  22,701  |  61.1%
  • Forum Posts:  5,987
  • Post Score: 212

02.15.2011 | 10:07 AM ET

Overeem is not as heavy as big foot.
Overeem is usually in the 255 range.  In the rogers fight he weighed 253.  Big foot said he weighed 284 going into the ring for fedor.  Overeem doesnt cut weight anymore and big foot does.

"Fact: knowledge or info based on real occurrences, opinion: a belief held with confidence not substantiated by proof."

kallousklown
kallousklown
  • Predictions:  24,203  |  62.6%
  • Forum Posts:  10,967
  • Post Score: 177

02.15.2011 | 3:36 PM ET

regardless whether its big foot or fedor, i wanna see if overeem struggles with his opponents. id lean more towards seeing overeem fight big foot as opposed to werdum big foot 2. 

"Are we gonna jump, or we just gonna jerk each other off?"

lilspyder
lilspyder

02.16.2011 | 5:52 AM ET

Well Kallousklown you'd get to see that fight so long as Overeem beats werdum. Now the thing is it would be sad if overeem doesn't get past werdum, I know it starts standing but if Overeem goes down it's only a matter of time. As for what Piercerdan said. WOW! i did not know Bigfoot was that big. I knew he was huge but that is definetly a size advantage no matter who he fights. Bigfoot vs Overeem would be something to see for sure. and I think if Overeem can beat both wedum and big foot that would be awesome and I think Overeem could say because he beat the two people who beat Fedor that he would have a great chance to beat Fedor. Although both of Fedor's losses came against two amazing BJJ black belts.

"Never Give Up! These violent delights have violent ends. Amat victoria paratum"

bklettke
bklettke
  • Predictions:  2,109  |  64.7%
  • Forum Posts:  1,761
  • Post Score: 117

02.16.2011 | 6:24 AM ET

I think at this point Overeem doesn't have a shot at Fedor, he destroys Fedor, point blank. Fedor is done and all these Russian conspiracy theories just prove how crazy/stupid those ***********ers are. I posted about it in another forum..... Facts are Fedor hasn't competed at a high level consistently in years and it's showing; he also hasn't adapted his training to focus on fighting much larger, athletic guys.

http://www.mmabay.co.uk/2011/02/16/fedor-emelianenko%e2%80%99s-coach-claims-forbidden-psychological-technology-is-to-blame-for-recent-loss-to-silva/ 

Bigj383
Bigj383
  • Predictions:  8,546  |  63.8%
  • Forum Posts:  5,417
  • Post Score: 187

02.16.2011 | 11:29 AM ET

Agree with TS Fighting Fedor would almost worthless for Overeem unless he loses to Werdum. After Seeing Fedor in his last 3 performances I would bet most the top end HWs against him. If Reem looses to Werdum then a Fedor fight would make sense to keep one of them in the top 10 and relevant. SF has continued to put all their focus onto Fedor and now it's probably hurting them. They better start to promote these other fighters they have. 

"It does not make sense that humans deliberately malfunction. - Upgrade"

DaiKaiju Wicked
DaiKaiju Wicked
  • Predictions:  2,021  |  67.8%
  • Forum Posts:  383
  • Post Score: 149

02.16.2011 | 11:34 AM ET

Maybe Fedor should've trained with Carwin like the two had planned, he might've been a good likeness of Bigfoot.  Maybe they could have worked full mount defense.  That would've helped.

"I was born as a catholic but the nuns turned me. I was born as a pacifist but the guns turned me. I was born to be a beautiful man, but the ugliness is powerful, I do what I can."

lilspyder
lilspyder

02.16.2011 | 12:51 PM ET

@Daikaiju where did you read that rumour about? I would never see Fedor training with someone from team Jackson unless Carwin was going to russia to train with him? and yes he should have if that was true, because Carwin would at least give him the experience to see how he can handle the giant HW. Bigj you are completely right in that SF better start hypping their other fighters because the Fedor gravytrain is pretty much over.

DaiKaiju Wicked
DaiKaiju Wicked
  • Predictions:  2,021  |  67.8%
  • Forum Posts:  383
  • Post Score: 149

02.16.2011 | 1:29 PM ET

@lilspyder, Carwin is a big Fedor mark, and the two camps talked about possibly training together.  Few people thought it would ever happen, and it didn't, but it was discussed openly on the interwebs.

"I was born as a catholic but the nuns turned me. I was born as a pacifist but the guns turned me. I was born to be a beautiful man, but the ugliness is powerful, I do what I can."

minotauro11
minotauro11
  • Predictions:  2,483  |  66.5%
  • Forum Posts:  4,493
  • Post Score: 148

02.16.2011 | 2:28 PM ET

Yeah, I'm not too upset we didn't get to see this fight. For one, I'd rather him fight the better opponent, which is Bigfoot. And also, Bigfoot is one of my favorite heavyweights, and I'm glad he got the win over Fedor. I think the Overeem vs Werdum fight will be a relatively easy win for Overeem, and a Fedor vs Werdum 2 fight is interesting, and Overeem vs Bigfoot is good as well. We get two good fights out of Bigfoot's win, instead of just one. 

"We Are All One"

lilspyder
lilspyder

02.17.2011 | 3:45 PM ET

Great call minotauro nd thanks for the heads up daikaiju didn't know that at all. Now Minotauro is your love for bigfoot because he defeated fedor who defeated one of your favourite fighter's (him being your picture and name and all). Also I was just reading on wiki that bigfoot trained at brazilian top team for a bit and did minotauro teach him for a bit there and that's why you like him?

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• PFL 3 Tapology coverage is now live
  • Ádám Borics vs. Enrique Barzola - Round 2 is in progress.
  • Join the PFL 3 live discussion
  • Tapology Picks: Enrique Barzola 13% Ádám Borics 87%
  • Enrique "El Fuerte" Barzola (20-7-2) Lima Region, PE is the #58th Top Bantamweight MMA fighter.
  • Ádám "The Kid" Borics (18-2-0) FL, US is the #49th Top Featherweight MMA fighter.
  • PFL 3 features 12 MMA bouts
  • The event takes place from Wintrust Arena in Chicago, Illinois