Tapology Forums

Who Do you want Diego Sanchez to fight next? List your Top 5 or Top 10.

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Bill Burgess
Bill Burgess
  • Predictions:  301  |  69.1%
  • Forum Posts:  5,093
  • Post Score: 47

02.20.2012 | 1:37 PM ET

Where Sanchez is concerned, here are the fights I'd most enjoy watching him fight next.

1. Rematch Koscheck
2. Rematch Nick Diaz
3. Jake Shields
4. Matt Hughes
5. Carlos Condit
6. Rematch John Hathaway
7. Rory MacDonald
8. Rick Story
9. Johny Hendricks
10. Thiago Alves

I'm not interested in seeing Diego fight GSP as I'm sure GSP would win without much fuss.  And I'm also not interested in seeing him rematch Fitch, as I believe Fitch would win again, even though Fitch only won a split decision the first time.

Anyone else have a list?  Any thoughts?

* Edited at 02.20.2012, 1:38 PM ET *

"Love God, live with honor, keep your agreements."

Responses

mmAPR0digy
mmAPR0digy
  • Predictions:  13,158  |  59.7%
  • Forum Posts:  1,307
  • Post Score: 144

02.20.2012 | 1:41 PM ET

I like the Nick Diaz idea... their first fight was awesome to watch.

"I just want to be known as the best ever, is that too much to ask? - BJ Penn"

Bill Burgess
Bill Burgess

02.20.2012 | 1:45 PM ET

Their first fight is my All-Time #1 Fight EVER!  Everyone should see that fight.  The scrambles were never-ending.  People should watch that fight on UFC Vault.

buffalo ben
buffalo ben
  • Predictions:  3,705  |  58.2%
  • Forum Posts:  6,348
  • Post Score: 157

02.20.2012 | 1:47 PM ET

One of my favorites too

"You don't have to be perfect, just dont be fraudulant"

t0rch
t0rch
  • Predictions:  5,787  |  63.2%
  • Forum Posts:  2,658
  • Post Score: 208

02.20.2012 | 1:47 PM ET

If it is against Nick Diaz, then they would have to make it a 5 rounder even if it wasn't a main event. 

I think the Hathaway fight would be good for him coming off a loss. A shot at revenge.

* Edited at 02.20.2012, 1:47 PM ET *

"I would agree with you, but then we would both be wrong."

lbj6
lbj6
  • Predictions:  3,615  |  61.5%
  • Forum Posts:  2,025
  • Post Score: 210

02.20.2012 | 1:50 PM ET

a diego sanchez vs nick diaz rematch with 5 rounds would be friken awesome. i want to see that WAY more than any other possible matchup

"get outta my face man! i gotta go get drunk"-Rampage

mulefloyd
mulefloyd
  • Predictions:  15,476  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  8,786
  • Post Score: 180

02.20.2012 | 1:51 PM ET

If you like scrambles then you should like my suggestion: Diego vs. Carlos Eduardo Rocha

"Grammar. The difference between knowing your **** and knowing you're ****."

Russello
Russello
  • Predictions:  6,288  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  2,839
  • Post Score: 279

02.20.2012 | 1:52 PM ET

Diaz vs Sanchez in a five round fight would easily have the makings of the best fight ever. Non stop punching with two guys who wouldnt go down, even better this time as theyve both developed into better fighters

"In the quiet words of the virgin Mary.. come again?"

blitzkrieg
blitzkrieg
  • Predictions:  4,528  |  61.0%
  • Forum Posts:  1,449
  • Post Score: 285

02.20.2012 | 2:05 PM ET

Kamp-Alves loser.

The Kampmann robbery -I mean rematch- has to happen someday, and an Alves fight would be a barn burner, so there are no losers there either.

"@AndySalasMMA"

Live2wrestle
Live2wrestle
  • Predictions:  22,473  |  63.5%
  • Forum Posts:  11,857
  • Post Score: 236

02.20.2012 | 2:07 PM ET

Diaz/Sanchez for obvious reasons.

Shields/Sanchez - Both good grapplers coming off of losses to Ellenberger and both have controversial wins over Kampmann

"She be curvin all the locals, must like foreigns and this is when I had the Martin, I was just like Lawrence so wassup"

AnAlias
AnAlias
  • Predictions:  7,888  |  63.4%
  • Forum Posts:  8,737
  • Post Score: 246

02.20.2012 | 2:10 PM ET

I think Diego's next opponent is very clear.

3, 5 minute rounds.  First to vanquish the other wins.
Blackwork
Blackwork
  • Predictions:  4,678  |  66.0%
  • Forum Posts:  900
  • Post Score: 162

02.20.2012 | 3:05 PM ET

Diaz v. Sanchez

"http://www.tapology.com/profiles/blackwork/my-rankings?ranking_type=member"

staviesteelo
staviesteelo
  • Predictions:  1,904  |  60.7%
  • Forum Posts:  32
  • Post Score: 131

02.20.2012 | 3:54 PM ET

I'd like to see him fight Hughes since they didn't get to fight last time. If Hughes really is done than I say Alves/Kampmann loser.

"Deez fedderweights don't understand..."

p4pgoat
p4pgoat
  • Predictions:  4,888  |  62.9%
  • Forum Posts:  3,908
  • Post Score: 143

02.20.2012 | 4:02 PM ET

Either Charlie Brenemann or Mike Pierce. I would actually like to see Diego back at 155. I think he does his best there.

"We are all human, it's time to prove it."

MikeLovesTacos XD
MikeLovesTacos XD
  • Predictions:  30,254  |  59.3%
  • Forum Posts:  22,483
  • Post Score: 203

02.20.2012 | 4:24 PM ET

I still wanna see Diaz/Sanchez II

"Why are you booing me? I am the GOAT. **** you." - Patricio "Pitbull" Freire

rmepeters
rmepeters
  • Predictions:  200  |  58.0%
  • Forum Posts:  10
  • Post Score: 120

02.20.2012 | 4:34 PM ET

I think Nick Diaz would destroy Diego nowadays with his boxing. Would be an awesome fight tho.
I would like to see Diego against Rick Story. Story was an up and comer who got derailed and is currently under the layer of true contenders. Diego is coming off a loss, but still a very competative fighter. Seems to make sens to me at least..

"You cannot dream yourself into a character, you must hammer and forge yourself into one" - James Anthony Froude

Anik
Anik
  • Predictions:  6,592  |  62.5%
  • Forum Posts:  17,508
  • Post Score: 160

02.20.2012 | 4:35 PM ET

Agreed with p4pgoat, he should go back to 155.

But if he were to fight in 170, Diaz-Sanchez rematch all the way. But here's a more interesting one with a far less likely chance of happening: Parisyan vs. Sanchez II. I liked that fight more than Diaz-Sanchez so I'm more intrigued to see the rematch.

But it won't ever happen again.

"الله أكبرl"

Crumx7
Crumx7
  • Predictions:  1,598  |  63.1%
  • Forum Posts:  2,110
  • Post Score: 181

02.20.2012 | 4:43 PM ET

@Bill first you want to see Fitch fight "Penn, or Shields, Hughes, Nick Diaz, Condit, MacDonald, Ellenberger, Story, Hathaway, Kampmann." You seem to have a lot of trouble actually picking ONE definable and workable matchup.  You basically want all of the Welterweights to fight each other, and that's what everyone wants.  But you don't make a case for why any of them would make sense lol.

"If you think about it, life is your one big chance" Follow @CRUMxMMA on Twitter

Anik
Anik
  • Predictions:  6,592  |  62.5%
  • Forum Posts:  17,508
  • Post Score: 160

02.20.2012 | 4:48 PM ET

I wanna see Fitch fight Demian Maia, I wonder how that'd turn out. It's a shame they're not in the same division.

"الله أكبرl"

Bill Burgess
Bill Burgess

02.20.2012 | 4:48 PM ET

I'm not sure anyone else caught this news blurb, but Diego has already called Nick out.
http://www.mmaweekly.com/jake-ellenberger-on-deck-diego-sanchez-has-choice-words-for-nick-diaz

Here are a few choice quotes.

“All you little people out there that are Nick Diaz groupies: I beat him then, I’ll beat him again,” Sanchez told MMAWeekly Radio Weekend Edition. “I don’t know why you guys say this crap. ‘Oh, that was a long time ago! Nick Diaz has gotten so much better.’ You know what, man?! Everybody’s gotten better! That’s what happens!”

“I commend Nick Diaz for everything he’s done, and he did take it to B.J., but the B.J. that fought Nick Diaz was not the B.J. that fought me,” he proclaimed. “I wish I could have fought that B.J.” 

The rematch with Nick Diaz would be very good for our sport.  Both are what they are not only due to natural abilities.  Sure, they both are good athletes.  But only because of their hearts.  They are what they are due to their inflexible attitudes towards being the best.  They are HATE to lose.  It sickens them.

Look at how Diego never backed off even when he was being beaten by BJ Penn.  He used an awful game-plan, and instead of hit and run guerilla warfare, he marched straight up to Penn and tried to stand and bang.  What lunacy!?  And yet, even when he was being legally murdered, he refused to back off or even back up!!  Same with Kampmann.  He refused to execute a strategic withdrawal and dance around.  He just stood in the pocket and exchanged bombs. 

That is why a rematch with Nick would be an event to be relished.  Let's just hope Joe Silva feels the same after Nick gets back off his time out.  That fight might even qualify to headline an event.  Can you imagine if they scheduled that fight on the same card as the GSP/Condit fight?  Two killer fights might push the PPV over 800,000, which they are having a hard time reaching these days, after getting that many several times earlier.

* Edited at 02.20.2012, 4:51 PM ET *

Bill Burgess
Bill Burgess

02.20.2012 | 5:05 PM ET

@AnikM  I also would love to see Karo Parisyan back in the UFC.  He has had his troubles and I don't know if Dana would give him another shot.  He gave him one chance and Karo lost.  But it would be great to have Karo back.

@Krumx7  It's not that I have a hard time deciding.  I would dearly love to see Diego to fight all of those great fighters.  I assume my case is obvious.  Those guys are great and extremely competitive.  All those I listed are very aggressive.  What more can I add or say?  But since you ask, I'll try.

1. Rematch Koscheck - It was written that Sanchez was not 100%.  He was very ill and fought through it.
2. Rematch Nick Diaz - 1st fight was intensely competitive and razor close.  Both are much better now. WAR!
3. Jake Shields - Shields is a master on the ground and Diego would need to avoid it, if he could.  Top elites collide.
4. Matt Hughes - Matt might be done, but still has a name and ground skills.  I want DS to have his name on his resume as a W.
5. Carlos Condit - Two aggressive, hungry guys spells all-out war.  
6. Rematch John Hathaway - Diego admitted he was not training right and didn't take the fight as seriously as he should have.
7. Rory MacDonald - Another war.  Hungry aggressive guys spells non-stop combat.  My kind of fight.
8. Rick Story - Slipped of late but still hungry with aggression.  Should make non-stop banging combat.
9. Johny Hendricks - He might beat Diego if he takes it down.  If he stands and bangs, could go either way.
10. Thiago Alves - Might be bad matchup for Sanchez.  Alves' stock is down momentarily, but he's still a formidable, offensive force.  His kicks are fearsome and he punches well.  Having his name stud your resume wouldn't hurt.

There, I've given my notes for why I'd like to see the above battles.  

I'm still waiting to see someone else's list.  Why is the house to resistant to list-making, with notes.

* Edited at 02.20.2012, 5:40 PM ET *

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMAFighting.com : PFL 3 Results: Koreshkov vs. Umalatov
  • MMA Mania : Midnight Mania: ‘I Decide Who, When, And Where’
  • MMA Mania : Muhammad Goes Off On Edwards And ‘Fakest Team I’ve Ever Seen’
  • MMA Junkie : Ryan Garcia has skill set to compete with Devin Haney. Does he have mindset?
  • MMAFighting.com : Max Holloway mocks Ilia Topuria’s demands for potential fight; Topuria responds
  • MMA Junkie : Henry Cejudo: Bo Nickal needs to hold his horses, 'maybe 10 fights away from possibly becoming UFC champion'
  • MMA Mania : Frenemies? ‘I Hate To See A Fighter Lose His Confidence’
  • MMA Junkie : 2024 PFL 3 weigh-in results: Welterweights, featherweights set in Chicago
  • MMA Mania : ‘When I Was Your Age, I Already Had Title Defenses, Buddy’
  • MMAFighting.com : Haney vs. Garcia fight card
  • Middle Easy : Exclusive: Belal Muhammad Claims He ‘Hates Leon Edwards’ Guts,’ Hopes To Dethrone The Welterweight King In Manchester
  • Middle Easy : Jorge Masvidal Says He’s ‘Definitely’ Returning To UFC, Wants Logan Paul Or Floyd Mayweather Jr In Boxing After Nate Diaz
  • Middle Easy : Daniel Cormier Suggests Herb Dean Played a Part in Jamahal Hill’s UFC 300 Loss, ‘Big’ John McCarthy Responds
  • MMA Junkie : Max Holloway responds to the 'un-BMF' demands from UFC champ Ilia Topuria
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘You will be exposed on Saturday night if you are not ready’: Eddie Hearn says things about to get real for Ryan Garcia
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘You will be exposed on Saturday night if you are not ready’: Hearn says things about to get real for Garcia
  • MMA Mania : PFL Chicago Weigh Ins Results, Staredowns!
  • MMAFighting.com : Video: Relive every win of Conor McGregor’s epic UFC career
  • MMA Junkie : Sean Strickland vs. Paulo Costa: Odds and what to know ahead of UFC 302 co-headliner
  • MMA Mania : No Foul Play! ‘The Cutman Used A Boxing Technique’