Topic: Yushin Okami

Poor Guy

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

lilspyder
lilspyder
  • Predictions:  32,913  |  62.1%
  • Forum Posts:  288
  • Post Score: 100

02.10.2011 | 3:54 PM ET

I don't know what to say about Yushin except he's always a bridesmaid never a bride. They will always have him fighting for no. 1 status but not give him his shot! He is definetly the dark horse of the 185 division. I personally can say that I didn't know tha tmuch about him before his fight with Nate, and that's sad because he's such an awesome fighter. He may have to change his nickname to "the forgotten one". I really hope Dana is taking care of him on the side though cause he's screwing him big time. So here's to Thunder: you may be forgotten by the UFC but we all know who's the real no. 1 contender at 185

"Never Give Up! These violent delights have violent ends. Amat victoria paratum"

Yushin "Thunder" Okami

Photo Source:  

Fighter Details

• Given Name: 岡見 勇信, Okami Yūshin
  • Pro MMA Record: 38-15-0 (Win-Loss-Draw)
  • Nickname: Thunder
  • Current Streak: 1 Win
  • Last Fight: December 02, 2023 in Shooto
  • Weight Class: Middleweight | Last Weigh-In: 184.7 lbs
  • Affiliation: Wajutsu Keishukai Tokyo
  • Height: 6'2" (188cm) | Reach: 75.0" (191cm)
  • Career Disclosed Earnings: $378,000 USD
  • Born: Fujisawa, Kanagawa, Japan
  • Fighting out of: Kanagawa, Japan
  • Fighter Links:
  • Personal Links:

Responses

kallousklown
kallousklown
  • Predictions:  24,203  |  62.6%
  • Forum Posts:  10,967
  • Post Score: 177

02.10.2011 | 6:19 PM ET

its understandable seeing him have to wait for gsp/silva if it happens but id still rather see him fight anderson as opposed to the super fight. as long as chael doesnt get any title shots before okami does, its not that bad.

"Are we gonna jump, or we just gonna jerk each other off?"

skelliher
skelliher
  • Predictions:  5,670  |  63.4%
  • Forum Posts:  11,051
  • Post Score: 245

02.10.2011 | 6:24 PM ET

I'd like to see him fight Silva before the superfight for another reason. GSP has stated time and time again that he wants a significant amount of time to put the necessary weight on to challenge for the title at 185. The way their schedules are currently set up, Silva will be waiting 2 months longer (almost 3) for the fight than GSP will. If they schedule Okami for June or July, that will give GSP plent of time to prepare for say a December fight.

"When a game cannot be won, change the game."

lilspyder
lilspyder
  • Predictions:  32,913  |  62.1%
  • Forum Posts:  288
  • Post Score: 100

02.10.2011 | 8:06 PM ET

well @skelliher I really don't know about this weight thing anymore. I mean yes Anderson is bigger than GSP but the rumour that went around is that GSP is now starting camps at 210, and if this is true I don't know how much more weight he wants. This rumour is also followed up by the statement that GSP is really training hard at muay thai and boxing right now so that he can stand up against Anderson. Now this is all rumours and speculation but only time will tell if it's true or not

"Never Give Up! These violent delights have violent ends. Amat victoria paratum"

skelliher
skelliher
  • Predictions:  5,670  |  63.4%
  • Forum Posts:  11,051
  • Post Score: 245

02.10.2011 | 8:52 PM ET

Where did you hear these rumors?

I find it hard to believe that GSP is walking around at 210 right now. He was walking around at about 192 for his fight with Koscheck, which was two months ago. I don't think he put on another 18lbs of muscle in two months. Plus, he looked considerably smaller than Jake Shields in their press conference this week.

"When a game cannot be won, change the game."

caymanfighter
caymanfighter
  • Predictions:  43  |  55.8%
  • Forum Posts:  54
  • Post Score: 80

02.11.2011 | 8:31 AM ET

@skelliher I don't think its too far fetched to believe he gets over 200lbs. GSP is known to have very long training camps. He stays fit the entire year. He was said to be 190+ leading up to the GSP vs Penn 2. If you notice the weigh in pics from the fights after UFC 100 his body composition looks almost the same but he put on a decent amount of mass. He openly said after the Alves fight he needed to get bigger to compete with the huge welterweights. I really believe he wants the extra time for the Anderson fight to get even bigger and fine tune his striking. Over the years he has gotten bigger and stronger and I think he realizes that it will only mess with his health and timing to try to cut back down after putting on muscle. Its not like he is eating garbage to put on any weight he can, so it wont be as simple as cutting out the junk food if he did decide to return to WW. I think Okami should fight Silva in Brazil and GSP should fight Fitch if Fitch gets past Penn. I think @skelliher hit the nail on the head when he suggested the superfight be end of the year. Would give both enough time to prepare and really hype the fight as the biggest ever.
bklettke
bklettke
  • Predictions:  2,109  |  64.7%
  • Forum Posts:  1,761
  • Post Score: 117

02.11.2011 | 8:39 AM ET

I think he stole that from a thread i was writing in weeks ago ;) JK - i too have been saying that the end of the year fight card would make sense and it's a hell of a way to close out 2010. It also makes the most sense for GSP. Anderson fight in Rio in August or possibly earlier against Okami. Maybe they could get something finalized by then for Japan as well, it'd be very beneficial for the Okami and Japanese market push.  This give GSP not as much as he wanted, but a fair amount of time for the Superfight and if for some reason Okami beats Silva, well then GSP hasn't invested a whole years worth of time for nothing. He can simply diet a little more and continue fighting at 170 plus he'd have a little more of the size he's wanted anyways.

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• UFC.com : UFC Makes Highly Anticipated Return To Manchester On July 27 With UFC 304
  • Middle Easy : ‘MMA Media Hates Me,’ Ronda Rousey Reacts To Career Backlash & ‘How Happily Everybody Turned’ On UFC Star
  • MMA Mania : Midnight Mania: It PAYS To Be King
  • Middle Easy : Ryan Garcia Reveals His ‘Crazy’ Behavior Was a Publicity Stunt Planned Months in Advance
  • MMA Mania : ‘99.9%’ Chance Edwards Vs. Muhammad 2 Happens At UFC 304
  • MMA Junkie : The 10 largest UFC attendances in history
  • MMA Mania : ‘MMA Media Hates Me, It’s Fine’
  • Middle Easy : Jiri Prochazka Doubles Down On Callout For Alex Pereira Rematch At UFC 301: ‘I Think I Deserve It’
  • Middle Easy : Ryan Garcia Goes Off On Logan Paul For Child Trafficking Comments, Claims He Will ‘Destroy’ Paul In Boxing Match
  • MMA Junkie : Max Holloway's coach breaks down matchup against 'oversized bantamweight' Ilia Topuria
  • MMAFighting.com : Lyoto Machida ‘already breathing fire’ after Luke Rockhold callout, interested in Karate Combat rematch
  • MMA Mania : ‘It’s Crazy That Something Like This Is Happening At This Level’
  • MMA Junkie : Islam Makhachev's coach: 'Biggest threat' Justin Gaethje no longer in UFC title picture
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘Whoever wants to fight Ryan, he feels comfortable at 144’: De La Hoya talks next steps for Garcia
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘Whoever wants to fight Ryan, he feels comfortable at 144’: Oscar De La Hoya talks next steps for Ryan Garcia
  • MMA Mania : Double Champ Islam Next? ‘I Already Beat All These Guys’
  • MMAFighting.com : Justin Gaethje: It’ll be ‘6 months, at least, before I get back to taking shots’ after UFC 300 loss
  • MMA Junkie : Manon Fiorot open to Maycee Barber fight – but only if interim UFC flyweight title at stake
  • MMA Junkie : Arman Tsarukyan fires back at Michael Chandler: 'You are just waiting for a paycheck'
  • MMAFighting.com : Islam Makhachev not interested in Max Holloway matchup: ‘Maybe if he wins his next fight’