Tapology Forums

Brazilian Journalist takes Jon Jones down

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

C_Arnoud
C_Arnoud
  • Predictions:  3,914  |  63.8%
  • Forum Posts:  2,448
  • Post Score: 200

02.14.2012 | 4:23 PM ET

link to the video:  http://sportv.globo.com/videos/sensei-sportv/t/ultimos/v/senseinocao-marinho-x-jon-bonesjones/1811603/

this is from a martial arts show called sensei sportv from Brazil.
its always really fun and obviously it was not a serious fight 
but i laughed a little ^^

Responses

Gregory
Gregory
  • Predictions:  6,817  |  63.3%
  • Forum Posts:  18,561
  • Post Score: 275

02.14.2012 | 5:09 PM ET

nice. thanks for posting.  were the interviews with machida and nogueira joking about the same thing?  

"I live, I die, I live again."

teaksmma
teaksmma
  • Predictions:  76  |  55.3%
  • Forum Posts:  71
  • Post Score: 130

02.14.2012 | 5:15 PM ET

Nice vid that was cool how long has jones been getting help in brazil?

"Tap ill snap!!" - Rousimar Palhares

C_Arnoud
C_Arnoud

02.14.2012 | 7:29 PM ET

Translation: 

José Aldo: "Jon Jones!? I think its gonna be dificult for Mario, with that size hes probably not even gonna touch him.
Its going to be like when you put your hand in the head of a child and the kid keeps punching and never touches you.
Theres no way to hit him."

Mario Filho speaks english with Jon. Jon uses the word "porra" at the end which he certainly heard someone say in Brazil. 

Belfort: "Oh Mario, you have balls huh?"

Nogueira: "He's crazy. He's crazy, but i believe in Mario because he never gives up. Hes the most corageous host of all mma media because i never saw anybody do something like that. I told him not to fight Cigano because Cigano is a "red neck" and would hurt him. But Mario had no fear."

Machida: "Mario you are fearless huh!? A short guy went there and avenged my loss huh!? I'm happy."

The red neck up there is a word that i dont know how to translate, but the gist of it is that hes saying that Cigano doesnt have finesse, saying that hes like someone from the country.

* Edited at 02.14.2012, 7:30 PM ET *

C_Arnoud
C_Arnoud

02.14.2012 | 7:32 PM ET

@ teaksmma really dont know thats just a preview of a show that will air tomorrow i guess.
Gregory
Gregory

02.14.2012 | 7:47 PM ET

@c_arnoud awesome stuff!  redneck is a term used up here too.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Redneck

Is JDS a true redneck? haha

C_Arnoud
C_Arnoud

02.14.2012 | 7:58 PM ET

Junior Cigano comes from a really really small city called Caçador in the Santa Catarina.
its a state from the south of Brazil close to the one i live in. 
so they probably have a lot of farms up there, growing g****s and such.

when he went to Bahia people must have made some fun of him, because people from those parts talk reeeeaaally diferent than the Baianos.

* i translated it to redneck because i thought it would be the term that would fit better, im glad it did. the word really said was "grosso", which means thick. i think the origin is because people that work at farms have thick feet and hands from the work...

* the word porra i didnt put the translation because i dont know the pollicy on curse words ^^
Gregory
Gregory

02.14.2012 | 8:02 PM ET

cool.

you can curse away.  

yorma
yorma
  • Predictions:  30,162  |  62.3%
  • Forum Posts:  3,462
  • Post Score: 292

02.14.2012 | 8:09 PM ET

Pretty cool.!!

"And whats up with y'all, Looking at me like a monkey, You !?! Yeah right, You're all saints, You !! Bunch of macaques !! Gimme a baby monkey, He'll be .. Wonderfull"

buffalo ben
buffalo ben
  • Predictions:  3,705  |  58.2%
  • Forum Posts:  6,348
  • Post Score: 157

02.14.2012 | 8:13 PM ET

Machida's comment was my favorite

"You don't have to be perfect, just dont be fraudulant"

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Junkie : Mike Malott books UFC return after upset loss to Neil Magny
  • MMAFighting.com : Watch BTL live now
  • MMAFighting.com : Donald Cerrone reveals nasty injury preparing to ride Dana White’s Twisted Steel
  • MMA Mania : Once More, With Kicking
  • Bad Left Hook : Adrien Broner vs Blair Cobbs official for June 7, WBC title fight on undercard
  • MMA Junkie : Michael Bisping says he's down for Luke Rockhold trilogy fight – with a condition
  • Middle Easy : Anthony Smith Pitches For Alex Pereira Fight, Says He ‘Would Really Step In The Fire’ With ‘Poatan’
  • Middle Easy : Khabib Nurmagomedov Threatened to ‘Rip Up’ UFC Contract to Get His Friend a Fight
  • MMA Mania : What’s The Holdup?
  • MMAFighting.com : Michael Bisping would ‘100 percent’ have trilogy fight with Luke Rockhold in Karate Combat
  • MMA Junkie : UFC on ESPN 55's Bogdan Guskov still down for Anthony Smith fight despite 'friendly sparring'
  • Middle Easy : Jose Aldo Discusses UFC 301 Return And Boxing Match With Floyd Mayweather, Backs Conor McGregor To Finish Michael Chandler
  • Middle Easy : Leon Edwards’ Coach is ’99 Percent’ Certain the Belal Muhammad Fight Will Happen at UFC 304
  • UFC.com : Ryan Spann: Consistency Builds Confidence
  • MMA Junkie : Dan Hooker claps back at Renato Moicano: 'You're the easiest money I've ever seen in my life, you chinless scumbag'
  • MMAFighting.com : Devin Haney releases first statement since Ryan Garcia loss, Oscar De La Hoya responds
  • MMA Mania : Velasquez Headed To Trial In September
  • MMA Junkie : UFC veterans in MMA, boxing and bareknuckle action April 25-27
  • MMAFighting.com : Roundtable: Is BKFC Mike Perry one of the 10 biggest draws in combat sports?
  • MMA Mania : ‘Let’s Go, Colby!’