Tapology Forums

Renan Barao vs..?

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

MacGreeneMMA
MacGreeneMMA
  • Predictions:  425  |  64.7%
  • Forum Posts:  25
  • Post Score: 36

02.07.2012 | 10:59 AM ET

I was messing around with my BW rankings, and thought I would ask this question out here. After Barao's win over Jorgensen, what does the UFC do with him now? Any fight for him at this point will be a down-grade imo, since Jorgensen was ranked higher than everyone outside of Faber and Cruz, in my rankings at least. Does he sit out for six months, and wait for a title shot, or does he take on a Torres/Bowles or someone like that? 

I do have Pegado ranked number 2, because I feel his resume at BW is more impressive than Faber's, not just the streak he's on. I am talking more about the last 3 fights of each fighter. I also took out Benavidez and Might Mouse, since they are dropping to Bantamweight. If Joseph was still ranked, he'd be number 2. Any word on when we will be able to rank guys in two divisions?

Responses

Russello
Russello
  • Predictions:  6,288  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  2,839
  • Post Score: 279

02.07.2012 | 11:03 AM ET

Id perhaps give him Torres, IF he wants it. Obviously he doesnt have to take it but I dont think it would be good for him to have such a long lay off; especially since Cruz has hands made of glass that always break :p Likely a few months for healing afterwards

"In the quiet words of the virgin Mary.. come again?"

AnAlias
AnAlias
  • Predictions:  7,888  |  63.4%
  • Forum Posts:  8,737
  • Post Score: 246

02.07.2012 | 11:39 AM ET

Either the winner of Torres vs McDonald, or a title shot.
ProdigyKid14
ProdigyKid14
  • Predictions:  8,848  |  62.4%
  • Forum Posts:  5,902
  • Post Score: 195

02.07.2012 | 11:42 AM ET

@Alias nails it here.

"I fight em all. Men, women, children, ******** people, it doesn't matter. If you hit me, we're gonna fight. -Charles Bennett"

kallousklown
kallousklown
  • Predictions:  24,203  |  62.6%
  • Forum Posts:  10,967
  • Post Score: 177

02.07.2012 | 12:22 PM ET

Bowled would be a good fight. I think Faber and Cruz would best barao

"Are we gonna jump, or we just gonna jerk each other off?"

crimedawg92
crimedawg92
  • Predictions:  4,672  |  64.4%
  • Forum Posts:  279
  • Post Score: 160

02.07.2012 | 12:32 PM ET

It would be close but Barao isn't going to be able to take down faber or cruz like he did jorgensen in the 2nd round.  Overall, Cruz and Faber are much faster and I think Faber's ability to get quick take downs would give Barao problems.  I think any combination of these fights would all end in a decision though.

"Victory Loves Preparation"

crimedawg92
crimedawg92
  • Predictions:  4,672  |  64.4%
  • Forum Posts:  279
  • Post Score: 160

02.07.2012 | 12:36 PM ET

As far as Torres goes, he's been a champ before, and he's tough as nails...but...he's never been the same since he got KO'd by Bowles.  He just doesn't intimidate everyone like he used to.  I think Barao would take the decision in similar fashion like he did against Jorgensen.

"Victory Loves Preparation"

MacGreeneMMA
MacGreeneMMA
  • Predictions:  425  |  64.7%
  • Forum Posts:  25
  • Post Score: 36

02.07.2012 | 12:42 PM ET

I agree, don't think he wants to have that long of a layoff. The winner of Torres/McDonald makes ssense, but, how long would he have to wait for that fight, and then a title shot? I'd say put Bowles in there with him. I don't think Faber has anything for Barao, Cruz would be a great fight.
zarog
zarog
  • Predictions:  2,855  |  63.8%
  • Forum Posts:  4,174
  • Post Score: 241

02.07.2012 | 12:50 PM ET

Torres/McDonald winner. Faber/Cruz isn't happening for at least 13 weeks after TUF starts on March 3rd. That means, the earliest Faber/Cruz will happen is the first or second week of June. Expect 3 months after that for the winner to be ready to defend the title. You're looking at the first week of October or so. Personally, I think Torres/McDonald vs. Barão for a title shot on the July 7th card, or maybe the week before, if a card is scheduled.

"Surrender??!! You think this letter on my head stands for France?" - Captain America

vazio
vazio
  • Predictions:  17,505  |  63.6%
  • Forum Posts:  3,205
  • Post Score: 225

02.07.2012 | 5:27 PM ET

yeah, Barao totally deserves a shot on Cruz, but unfortunately this won't be happening, bad timing. So it's probably gonna be the Torres/McDonald winner. Also, Barao/Cruz isn't exactly the most marketable fight right now. it's a little unfair, but maybe a win over another top 5 fighter will raise general public awareness of Barao a bit more. Hell, UFC would probably be happy just doing Faber/Cruz until the end of times. or at least, until Faber has this belt again.
SoccerKick
SoccerKick
  • Predictions:  32,055  |  61.8%
  • Forum Posts:  13,504
  • Post Score: 186

02.07.2012 | 5:28 PM ET

Barao/Cruz UFC on FOX 4

"I'm too old to be run by the fears of dumb people "

jaffacakehero
jaffacakehero
  • Predictions:  5,066  |  62.0%
  • Forum Posts:  5,396
  • Post Score: 240

02.07.2012 | 5:44 PM ET

I think it would be incredibly harsh giving Bowles a fight vs Barao right after he got demolished by Faber! haha I think Barao deserves a title shot so he should get the winner of Cruz vs Faber

"If you're matched up against me, you better be prepared to give your life...because I am prepared to take it. - Conor McGregor"

macciefresh
macciefresh
  • Predictions:  393  |  59.3%
  • Forum Posts:  154
  • Post Score: 98

02.07.2012 | 5:50 PM ET

anAlias is on point here

"Listen, you ******* fringe, if I throw a dog a bone, I don't want to know if it tastes good or not. You stop me again whilst I'm walking, and I'll cut your ******* Jacobs off. "

skeet2b
skeet2b
  • Predictions:  8,330  |  61.8%
  • Forum Posts:  1,703
  • Post Score: 158

02.07.2012 | 6:13 PM ET

I think he should get the winner of Torres/McDonald for the #1 contender spot, it would be much long to wait for the winner of Cruz/Faber

"A true champion, face to face with his darkest hour, will do whatever it takes to rise above. A man fights, and fights, and then fights some more. Because surrender is death, and death is for *******"

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Jits Magazine : ADXC 4: Ffion Davies And Morgan Black Face Each Other In The Grappling Co-Main Event
  • Jits Magazine : Stacked Tournaments Confirmed For Midwest Finishers 18
  • MMAFighting.com : PFL 3 Results: Koreshkov vs. Umalatov
  • MMA Mania : Midnight Mania: ‘I Decide Who, When, And Where’
  • MMA Mania : Muhammad Goes Off On Edwards And ‘Fakest Team I’ve Ever Seen’
  • MMA Junkie : Ryan Garcia has skill set to compete with Devin Haney. Does he have mindset?
  • MMAFighting.com : Max Holloway mocks Ilia Topuria’s demands for potential fight; Topuria responds
  • MMA Junkie : Henry Cejudo: Bo Nickal needs to hold his horses, 'maybe 10 fights away from possibly becoming UFC champion'
  • MMA Mania : Frenemies? ‘I Hate To See A Fighter Lose His Confidence’
  • MMA Junkie : 2024 PFL 3 weigh-in results: Welterweights, featherweights set in Chicago
  • MMA Mania : ‘When I Was Your Age, I Already Had Title Defenses, Buddy’
  • MMAFighting.com : Haney vs. Garcia fight card
  • Middle Easy : Exclusive: Belal Muhammad Claims He ‘Hates Leon Edwards’ Guts,’ Hopes To Dethrone The Welterweight King In Manchester
  • Middle Easy : Jorge Masvidal Says He’s ‘Definitely’ Returning To UFC, Wants Logan Paul Or Floyd Mayweather Jr In Boxing After Nate Diaz
  • Middle Easy : Daniel Cormier Suggests Herb Dean Played a Part in Jamahal Hill’s UFC 300 Loss, ‘Big’ John McCarthy Responds
  • MMA Junkie : Max Holloway responds to the 'un-BMF' demands from UFC champ Ilia Topuria
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘You will be exposed on Saturday night if you are not ready’: Eddie Hearn says things about to get real for Ryan Garcia
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘You will be exposed on Saturday night if you are not ready’: Hearn says things about to get real for Garcia
  • MMA Mania : PFL Chicago Weigh Ins Results, Staredowns!
  • MMAFighting.com : Video: Relive every win of Conor McGregor’s epic UFC career