Tapology Forums

Some 126 Gifs

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Gregory
Gregory
  • Predictions:  6,816  |  63.3%
  • Forum Posts:  18,556
  • Post Score: 275

02.06.2011 | 5:44 PM ET

Props to some guy at Sherdog. Lots more at his blog if you click through, though I'm not sure if they'll remain up or not.

"I live, I die, I live again."

Responses

yankees1
yankees1
  • Predictions:  1,056  |  63.8%
  • Forum Posts:  321
  • Post Score: 86

02.06.2011 | 6:55 PM ET

Great gifs, by the way did anyone else catch Anderson greasing before the start of the fight?

"Jones: I'm sure Shogun poops like I poop. "

Gregory
Gregory

02.06.2011 | 6:58 PM ET

no, people talking about this somewhere?

yankees1
yankees1

02.06.2011 | 7:06 PM ET

Well while Bruce Buffer was introducing the fighters I noticed Anderson taking the vaseline from his face & rubbing across his arms & chest. 

kallousklown
kallousklown
  • Predictions:  24,203  |  62.6%
  • Forum Posts:  10,967
  • Post Score: 177

02.06.2011 | 7:07 PM ET

sweet gifs. i really liked the event overall, except the torres fight. disappointing.

"Are we gonna jump, or we just gonna jerk each other off?"

yankees1
yankees1

02.06.2011 | 7:09 PM ET

He did it again just like at UFC 97 ^

Gregory
Gregory

02.06.2011 | 7:19 PM ET

@yankees yeah actually and I happen to be listening to sherdog's beatdown after the bell right now and they talked about it a little bit. oh well... as soon as guys start grappling it's going to get everywhere anyway.

@klown maybe I'm in the minority but I really liked the Torres fight. it was clinical and perfect from Torres. i was a little disappointed that Rogan was being so negative about it in his commentary.

thefreeman
thefreeman
  • Predictions:  9,459  |  59.9%
  • Forum Posts:  1,751
  • Post Score: 198

02.06.2011 | 7:36 PM ET

Agreed Gregory he followed an excellent gameplan perfectly. I believe that it was Banuelos' performance that made the fight appear boring. As the much smaller fighter he went in there knowing that he had to close the distance to have a ghost of a chance but failed to close and even tried to throw numerous punches from the outside that got nowhere near Miguel. 
kallousklown
kallousklown
  • Predictions:  24,203  |  62.6%
  • Forum Posts:  10,967
  • Post Score: 177

02.07.2011 | 12:42 AM ET

i expected more from torres and banuelos. i just hope torres' next fights he shows at least a bit more aggression. i understand him being more tactical but i would like to see another FOTY  candidate

"Are we gonna jump, or we just gonna jerk each other off?"

azbubba
azbubba
  • Predictions:  133  |  62.4%
  • Forum Posts:  3
  • Post Score: -67

02.07.2011 | 3:28 AM ET

Why so disappointed?

Why is everyone disappointed with Torres' effort against Banuelos? He fought a dangerous opponent and worked the game plan perfectly. If fans should be upset at someone it should be Banuelos; he failed to get inside and do anything effective to Torres. 
Jabbing an opponent to death may not seem sexy; however, he did the same stylistically to Banuelos that GSP did to Koscheck. The only difference between the two fights is GSP's laser accuracy and stronger punches, able to break Josh's orbital bone. 

"Just a Christian MMA fan trying to follow Christ instead of the other sheep."

bklettke
bklettke
  • Predictions:  2,109  |  64.7%
  • Forum Posts:  1,761
  • Post Score: 117

02.07.2011 | 5:37 AM ET

People need to think about it a little harder, i won't overstate the obvious that'd been posted above with the reach and height advantages. Banuelos fought 10 seconds of that fight and it was all in his late flurry to end the fight. If anything he should've used his wrestling to take the fight to the ground and try some GnP; especially after it was obvious he wasn't going to be able to close the distance. Not only is it his fault, but his corners fault as well, i thought Hackleman would've provided a stronger gameplan and some better advice in between rounds.
skelliher
skelliher
  • Predictions:  5,670  |  63.4%
  • Forum Posts:  11,051
  • Post Score: 245

02.07.2011 | 11:52 AM ET

@Yankees1: Agreed on the Silva greasing charge. I saw him do it and everyone else I was watching it with was completely oblivious. To me the two instances of Silva doing it are worse than GSP. What the hell could he possibly be intending by wiping the excess grease off all along his arms, shoulders, and chest. If he wanted to wipe the extra **** off he should use his shorts.

@Gregory/others: I didn't like the Torres/Banuelos fight from an entertainment standpoint, but it was an intelligent game plan by Torres and I think fighting smart is the only way he's going to be able to crack the top three at 135 again. Also, I've been growing increasingly irritated with Rogan's commentary during recent events. I've always liked him and have defended him in the past, but he seems to just pick one fighter at the start of the bout and completely ignores the actions of the opponent. Case-in-point: Rogan absolutely **** on Ellenberger during the second and third rounds of his fight with an undefeated up-and-comer...two rounds he won for sure.

"When a game cannot be won, change the game."

bklettke
bklettke
  • Predictions:  2,109  |  64.7%
  • Forum Posts:  1,761
  • Post Score: 117

02.07.2011 | 12:07 PM ET

I've noticed the same with Joe Rogan lately, he does an excellent job of making the casual PPV buyers think one fighter is winning, when in fact he really isn't doing that much. Granted Rocha suprised me senseless with that ground clinic in round 1, 2 & 3 were not his though. Damn you Joe Rogan! Speaking of that fight, how the hell did one judge see it 30-27 for Rocha?

Any GIFs of Steven Seagal out there?

LynxGuy
LynxGuy
  • Predictions:  1,054  |  59.7%
  • Forum Posts:  1,120
  • Post Score: 138

02.07.2011 | 12:44 PM ET

This is what I found so amazing.  The way Anderson slipped that huge punch that Belfort tried to rain down on him as he was taking him down.  I just don't see how a human being can react that quickly.  The speed of the punch was ridiculous.  I sometimes wonder if Anderson can things in slower motion than normal people..

"Don't be scared, homie." - Nick Diaz

Elkisland
Elkisland
  • Predictions:  213  |  64.8%
  • Forum Posts:  499
  • Post Score: 132

02.07.2011 | 4:40 PM ET

I agree. It's going to be hard for someone to knock him out with that head movement.

"Serious sport is war minus the shooting. "George Orwell""

Gregory
Gregory

02.07.2011 | 4:48 PM ET

Clearly if you can put Anderson on his back, it's the best chance to win.  Dan Henderson pulled it off for 1 round and Sonnen for 4 1/2 rounds.

I don't have GSP as the outright favorite, but this is why it's such an interesting matchup.

no4sk1n
no4sk1n
  • Predictions:  532  |  60.3%
  • Forum Posts:  1
  • Post Score: 0

02.07.2011 | 5:55 PM ET

totally agree,plus gsp trains with alot of bigger guys im sure it wont be that hard to take anderson down if he has not found his range on the feet
RWLawman
RWLawman
  • Predictions:  2,583  |  63.1%
  • Forum Posts:  2,053
  • Post Score: 173

02.08.2011 | 11:28 AM ET

Silva is in the zone.  His head movement is sharp, he's relaxed in the ring and confident.  When you're as talented as he is, and you're mentally squared away, that makes a difficult opponent for anyone to beat.  However, I agree that getting Silva to the ground is the surest way to beat him.  I understand that he's a BJJ black belt, but there are plenty of fighters out there better than him on the ground.  Honestly, I think that would be the way GSP could beat him.  GSP's dominant wrestling and control on the ground would nullify Silva's BJJ if he could just stay on top in side mount or better.  The question is, could St. Pierre get Silva to the ground before he got TKOed?  That's the fight everyone is waiting for.  It's the most meaningful fight in the world right now.  The two p4p best in the world of MMA. 

Nice gifs, thanks for sharing.

" "Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared with scars." - Khalil Gibran "

TacomaTerror
TacomaTerror
  • Predictions:  149  |  60.4%
  • Forum Posts:  480
  • Post Score: 59

02.08.2011 | 11:40 AM ET

@Gregory

I assume GSP would be intelligent and take Anderson down to work his ground and pound, but I am curious to see if he would test out standup against him. That is what I want to know, because if so I can imagine him being in some dangerous waters.

" ."All praise is to Allah, I'll fight any man, any animal, if Jesus were here I'd fight him too." "

ksturdiv
ksturdiv
  • Predictions:  2,225  |  55.9%
  • Forum Posts:  87
  • Post Score: 47

02.08.2011 | 12:26 PM ET

Great GIFs  .... can't believe Silva greased and I missed it

"Live, Love, Fight"

TacomaTerror
TacomaTerror
  • Predictions:  149  |  60.4%
  • Forum Posts:  480
  • Post Score: 59

02.08.2011 | 12:42 PM ET

Him greasing really helped him kick Vitor in the face.

" ."All praise is to Allah, I'll fight any man, any animal, if Jesus were here I'd fight him too." "

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Jits Magazine : UFC Star Jack Della Maddalena Promoted To BJJ Black Belt
  • UFC.com : Dana White Announces Main Event For UFC Saudi Arabia On June 22
  • MMA Junkie : UFC Saudia Arabia fight card announced with Robert Whittaker vs. Khamzat Chimaev headliner
  • MMA Mania : Khamzat Vs Whittaker Headlines UFC Saudi Arabia
  • MMAFighting.com : Khamzat Chimaev vs. Robert Whittaker set as UFC Saudi Arabia main event, 4 more fights announced
  • MMA Mania : Midnight Mania! Sandman Sees Suga Stop The Machine
  • UFC.com : UFC And Tourism WA Announce Multiyear Deal To Bring Two Action-Packed MMA Events To Perth
  • MMA Mania : UFC Atlantic City Odds, Under Dogs And Best Bets!
  • MMA Junkie : UFC free fight: Charles Oliveira rallies to light up Michael Chandler for first title win
  • MMA Mania : ‘Are We Fighting Or What?!’
  • MMA Junkie : Javier Mendez disagrees with Daniel Cormier's claim that Islam Makhachev more dangerous than Khabib Nurmagomedov
  • MMA Junkie : Cory Sandhagen: UFC champ Sean O'Malley has 'really good shot' of finishing Merab Dvalishvili
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘A win and a knockout’: Fabio Wardley prepared to put on a show against Frazer Clarke
  • MMA Mania : Eblen ‘Blows Through’ Adesanya, Reaches Strickland In MMA March Madness
  • MMA Junkie : Why UFC on ESPN 54's Vicente Luque accepted dangerous Joaquin Buckley replacement
  • MMAFighting.com : No Bets Barred: Can Manon Fiorot stop Erin Blanchfield at UFC Atlantic City? Plus, one time for Chris Weidman
  • MMA Mania : Barber: ‘Boring’ Blanchield ‘Fought My Leftovers’
  • MMAFighting.com : Dana White reflects on ugly moment striking his wife, changes he made
  • MMA Junkie : Nate Landwehr happy with UFC on ESPN 54 switch from Pat Sabatini to Jamall Emmers: 'It's better for the fans'
  • UFC.com : Hunting Runs Deep In The Swiderski Family