Tapology Forums

I had enough of this...

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

DelRose
DelRose

02.05.2012 | 1:49 AM ET

I'm done with MMA, i'll admit it was fun while it lasted, but if you're going to count running as a "gameplan" You're out of your mind. MMA rules clearly state that running is prohibited, not to mention, they don't even pay the fighters enough! good move on Nicks behalf, good bye.

"That hole is tighter than a nuns nasty"

Responses Page 3

Mortis
Mortis
  • Predictions:  1,989  |  59.8%
  • Forum Posts:  1,263
  • Post Score: 246

02.05.2012 | 10:41 AM ET

You know what I've had enough of?

* Edited at 02.05.2012, 10:42 AM ET *

"I would drink Lyoto Machida's urine." --- Forrest Griffin

xbassistdoodx
xbassistdoodx
  • Predictions:  2,533  |  56.7%
  • Forum Posts:  3,218
  • Post Score: 104

02.05.2012 | 10:43 AM ET

I lol'ed.

"If I have seen further than others, it is by standing on the shoulders of giants" - Isaac Newton

rorschach
rorschach
  • Predictions:  4,978  |  64.6%
  • Forum Posts:  1,120
  • Post Score: 153

02.05.2012 | 5:32 PM ET

@905Justin So what landing more strikes doesn't always count as a win, there have been plenty of times when the fighter who comes forward and pushes the pace is declared the winner. Here are some examples;

Diaz vs. Sherk
http://hosteddb.fightmetric.com/fights/index/525

Sanchez vs. Kampmann
http://hosteddb.fightmetric.com/fights/index/3311

Diaz vs. Sanchez
http://hosteddb.fightmetric.com/fights/index/573

Diaz vs. Riggs
http://hosteddb.fightmetric.com/fights/index/550

Koscheck vs. Pierce
http://hosteddb.fightmetric.com/fights/index/3770

According to your logic Diaz should have won all 3 of these fights, Pierce should have beat Kos & Kampmann should have got the win over Sanchez. But that didn't happen did it, in those fights and too many more to list the judges gave the W to the fighter they felt pushed forward/was the aggressor. Hell Diego beat Kampmann by being out-struck, but pushing forward and stalking him down. It should have been the same case here, and I cannot believe someone actually won UFC gold by literally turning his back and running away all night.

"I will **** you." ~Me

RWLawman
RWLawman
  • Predictions:  2,583  |  63.1%
  • Forum Posts:  2,053
  • Post Score: 173

02.05.2012 | 8:48 PM ET

Diaz and professional boxing?  HAHAHAHA!!

Look, I can't stand Nick Diaz, but even I hope he comes back to the sport and strongly believe that he will.  I think he's just frustrated that he was not given the nod in a fight he felt he won.  I haven't even had a chance to watch it yet because I worked night shift last night, but judging by everything I've heard, it was a closely contested battle that could have gone either way, depending on how you perceived it.  So with that being said, I'm sure Diaz felt like he was wronged, and he's pissed, and since he's very immature he got upset and said things he didn't mean.  I'd be willing to bet Diaz is back in the cage in less than a year.

BUT BUT BUT

Diaz in pro-boxing equals a disaster.  An embarrassing one.  Comparable to Madonna's Super Bowl half-time show.  Diaz's unorthodox striking works for him in MMA, but it would get him annihilated in pro boxing.  Lets not even joke about this.

" "Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared with scars." - Khalil Gibran "

Brazilian Jitz
Brazilian Jitz
  • Predictions:  3,516  |  61.3%
  • Forum Posts:  6,816
  • Post Score: 211

02.05.2012 | 9:25 PM ET

Delrose has 61 thumbs down in this thread. Godam!

"Albert Fish... I mean that guy was a real jerk!"

RWLawman
RWLawman

02.05.2012 | 9:41 PM ET

I would like to apologize to the person who gave me thumbs down.  Obviously, you're a die-hard Madonna fan, and my comment was way off base.  Sorry, Like A Virgin is a great theme song for you.

" "Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared with scars." - Khalil Gibran "

***yukken
***yukken
  • Predictions:  168  |  62.5%
  • Forum Posts:  59
  • Post Score: 197

02.05.2012 | 10:00 PM ET

All the people saying Condit was running have no idea what they are talking about.  He was escaping situations that favored his opponent in order to fight in situations that favored him; that is to say, he wanted to fight Diaz in open space, not against the cage, that's what he did, and he won.

"I do not fear death. I had been dead for billions and billions of years before I was born, and had not suffered the slightest inconvenience from it." - Mark Twain

rorschach
rorschach

02.05.2012 | 10:20 PM ET

@RWLawman I gave you the thumbs down, and it wasn't for whatever you said about Madonna. I thumbs down anybody who admits they hate/can't stand Diaz, and then posts what they believe like it's fact, just because you're highly respected around here (by myself included) doesn't give you immunity from that.  Plenty of all-time great boxers had terrible footwork;

Pacquio for a lot of his career before he fought Morales.
Juan Manuel Marquez is a plodding counter-puncher, his footwork isn't terrible but far from great.
Oscar De La Hoya didn't have the best footwork.
Felix Trinidad
Rockey Marcino
Kostya Tszyu
Nigel Benn
James Toney

Just to name a few.

* Edited at 02.05.2012, 11:44 PM ET *

"I will **** you." ~Me

Lopati
Lopati
  • Predictions:  18,574  |  61.4%
  • Forum Posts:  13,352
  • Post Score: 179

02.05.2012 | 11:28 PM ET

I don't think using Diaz' boxing techniques in the Octagon are a fair assessment of how he would perform in boxing ring.  I mean he does regularly spar with Andre Ward so I don't think he could possibly be as inept as some people think he would be.

"One does not hunt in order to kill; on the contrary, one kills in order to have hunted. If one were to present the sportsman with the death of the animal as a gift he would refuse it." Jose Ortega y Gasset

RWLawman
RWLawman

02.06.2012 | 10:52 PM ET

Never said he had poor footwork.  I think he's just a poor pure boxer in general.  He slaps with his punches, stands straight up, sticks his chin up in the air, and holds his hands low.  Now, some of that may change when he doesn't have to concern himself with take down attempts, but the only evidence I have for comparative basis is what he has shown to date.  If he boxes the way he fights in the cage, he's going to get his ass handed to him by anything more than low-tier pro boxing talent.  If anyone has any hope of him being ranked in the top hundred in pro boxing, it ain't gonna happen.

And also, I don't particularly care whether I'm respected by you or anyone else on this site, because it's an internet community and has absolutely zero effect on my real life.  What I stated above is a fact-based opinion in the sense that it is FACT that Diaz drops his hands.  It is FACT that Diaz sticks his chin out.  It is FACT that Diaz slaps with his punches.  Watch his fights and the evidence is right there in front of you.  It's my OPINION that Diaz will suck as a pro-boxer, if he swims in deep water.  You can stick two Diaz-fingers up or give me two thumbs down, but the future will tell you I told you so.

MikeLovesTacos XD
MikeLovesTacos XD
  • Predictions:  30,050  |  59.3%
  • Forum Posts:  22,481
  • Post Score: 203

02.06.2012 | 10:57 PM ET

Nick lacks the head movement AND footwork for boxing. I think just his striking style alone could get him past a few guys. But if he wants to have ANY success whatsoever again even midlevel competition he needs to work on his head movement and footwork.

"Why are you booing me? I am the GOAT. **** you." - Patricio "Pitbull" Freire

rorschach
rorschach

02.07.2012 | 12:37 AM ET

@Lawman you wanted to know who gave you the thumbs down so I told you. I don't agree with anything you said, as you are assuming Diaz would fight the same way in a boxing match as he does in mma. He employs those type of taunting/luring techniques to attempt to goad his opponent to exchange with him instead of trying for takedowns or whatever. There is no reason to believe he would even need to use the same tactics in the boxing ring when punches are all that can be thrown. It's good to know you're cool enough not to care if you're liked or respected I'll remember that the next time I attempt to respectfully disagree with you, and just keep all that (according to you) nonsense to myself. However that still doesn't change the fact that I do respect you as a member of this site, you just happen to be incredibly opinionated/wrong on this particular subject. I could have swore you wrote he had terrible footwork, which is why I responded the way I did, so that's my bad, it still remains you are completely wrong though.

"I will **** you." ~Me

Lopati
Lopati
  • Predictions:  18,574  |  61.4%
  • Forum Posts:  13,352
  • Post Score: 179

02.07.2012 | 12:48 AM ET

"One does not hunt in order to kill; on the contrary, one kills in order to have hunted. If one were to present the sportsman with the death of the animal as a gift he would refuse it." Jose Ortega y Gasset

rorschach
rorschach

02.07.2012 | 12:50 AM ET

Lol @Loptai.

"I will **** you." ~Me

teaksmma
teaksmma
  • Predictions:  76  |  55.3%
  • Forum Posts:  71
  • Post Score: 130

02.07.2012 | 1:23 AM ET

If DIAZ was to push pro boxers up onto the ropes patty caking there bodies diaz would be accusing everyone from

"Running away"

Why would a fighter stay put and go toe to toe with a super athlete that would do that all day long Eg:CONDIT

Pro box would destroy diaz too many angles for him to handle.

"Tap ill snap!!" - Rousimar Palhares

snowman
snowman
  • Predictions:  20,083  |  61.4%
  • Forum Posts:  270
  • Post Score: 200

02.07.2012 | 8:38 AM ET

im  a big fan of diaz n was gutted to see him lose as i thought he won....... but give up mma n my love for the game.....r u ****** crazy......
darth_nanners
darth_nanners
  • Predictions:  2,440  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  619
  • Post Score: 170

02.07.2012 | 9:21 AM ET

Ok time for me to chime in on this one, and first let me say I am not a Diaz hater even though I picked Condit to win I actually hated to see Diaz lose. This is one of those fights where I want to see it because it is a great match up, but its also one of those times that I hate to see either guy lose because I like them both(i.e. Guillard/Miller). Now let me get to my point my debate is that I see a thin line between pushing the pace, and chasing an elusive opponent. Was Chuck Liddell running from his opponent when he was looking to counter strike, what about Machida, Anderson Silva, Cruz, just to name a few. Some fighters just fight differently so in my opinion it would be unfair to limit octagon control to being the guy that is just pushing forward the whole time. Could octagon control not also be the guy that is moving backwards making you chase him/her to set up their strikes?

Now feel free to disagree or give me as many thumbs down as you want but I don't care this is my opinion and I just felt the need to express it. 

"insert random generic/inspirational message here."

mmown
mmown
  • Predictions:  2,384  |  62.6%
  • Forum Posts:  377
  • Post Score: 147

02.07.2012 | 9:35 AM ET

@darth_nanners, I completely agree. All the examples you gave are the same thing. Condit won that fight. You can't always brawl, it's a sport with strategy.
darth_nanners
darth_nanners

02.07.2012 | 9:47 AM ET

@Delrose if you saw what Condit did as "running" then maybe this was never the sport for you. This is not boxing and there is more to mma than standing toe to toe and trading punches, or I guess more accurately only using the hands to score points or attack your opponent. In mma the man with the more diverse attack and better game plan will normally come out on top, other wise all they have is a "punchers" or "grapplers" chance. To me Condit showed what is so great about his sport (not judging mind you because I had the fight scored three rounds to two, and could have seen the fifth as a draw), what I'm talking about is that it is so diverse and we get to see more than one style not just a couple people punching and hugging each other like in that other sport.

darth_nanners
darth_nanners

02.07.2012 | 9:49 AM ET

Thanks @mmown I guess not everything I say or think is crazy as hell.. although some of it probably is.

Page 3

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Middle Easy : Conor McGregor Plans To Continue Fighting Until He’s ‘In The F*cking Grave,’ Wants To Face Similar-Aged Opponents
  • Middle Easy : Khalil Rountree Jr Claims Fans Want To See Him Fight Alex Pereira, Doesn’t Care If Pereira Is Champion
  • MMAFighting.com : Vince McMahon unloads another $100 million of TKO Group Holdings stock
  • MMA Junkie : 'That's not who I am': Igor Severino apologizes for bite, hopes one mistake doesn't define career
  • MMA Mania : ‘A Big Spit In The Face Of All The Champions’
  • MMAFighting.com : Payton Talbott rejects Sean O’Malley comparisons after UFC Vegas 89: ‘I don’t want to be compared’
  • UFC.com : Joaquin Buckley: ‘This Is The Reason I’m Here’
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘I’d love that fight’: Tszyu willing to face Spence next, talks fight with Fundora
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘I’d love that fight’: Tim Tszyu willing to face Errol Spence next, talks fight with Sebastian Fundora
  • MMA Junkie : 'Super happy' PFL season newcomer Mads Burnell explains excitement for fight schedule, new weight class
  • MMAFighting.com : Conor McGregor scoffs at retirement: ‘It’s to the motherf****** grave’
  • MMA Mania : Whittaker: Chimaev Fight ‘Came Out Of Nowhere’
  • MMA Junkie : Why 2022 PFL welterweight champ Sadibou Sy moved to light heavyweight for upcoming season
  • MMAFighting.com : Robert Whittaker reacts to Khamzat Chimaev fight at UFC Saudi Arabia: ‘It’s a bit of a shock’
  • MMA Mania : GSP ‘Would Have Put Khabib Down’
  • MMAFighting.com : Logan Paul reveals he had ‘suicidal thoughts’ amid CryptoZoo scandal fallout: ‘I was spiraling’
  • UFC.com : The State Of UFC During UFC 100 And 200
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘Not the smartest in the ring fighter’: Robert Garcia not convinced Rolly will beat Pitbull
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘Not the smartest in the ring fighter’: Robert Garcia not convinced Rolando Romero will beat Isaac Cruz
  • UFC.com : Venum’s Adrenaline Fight Week Collection Is Changing The Game For Our Athletes