Topic: Contender Series 2023

Contender Series 2023: Week 2

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Tapology
Tapology
  • Predictions:  0  |  0.0%
  • Forum Posts:  32,378
  • Post Score: 47

05.05.2023 | 1:56 PM ET

The official Tapology discussion thread for the event!
Contender Series 2023
  • Tuesday 08.15.2023 at 07:00 PM ET
  • U.S. Broadcast: ESPN+
  • Promotion: Dana White's Contender Series
  • Ownership:
  • Venue: UFC Apex
  • Enclosure: Octagon
  • TV Announcers: Brendan Fitzgerald, Laura Sanko, Paul Felder
  • Ring Announcer: Justin Bernard
  • Post-Fight Interviews: Laura Sanko
  • MMA Bouts: 5
  • Event Links:
Bout   Info
Abdul-Kareem Al-Selwady   defeats   George Hardwick   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Ibo Aslan   defeats   Paulo Renato Jr.   via KO/TKO, Punches   2:22 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Hyder Amil   defeats   Emrah Sonmez   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Eduarda Moura   defeats   Janaína Silva   via Submission, Rear Naked Choke   4:00 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Charalampos Grigoriou   defeats   Cameron Smotherman   via KO/TKO, Straight Right to Ground Punches   1:00 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page

Responses

2023.05.08 10:29 AM ET

bout announced

Eduarda Moura vs. Janaína Silva at 115 lbs (52.2 kg)
Osantowski
Osantowski

05.08.2023 | 4:20 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 1 of 1 Winners, 0 Perfect, 65 Points   |   Tied for 1192nd

Moura vs. Silva
Eduarda Moura, TKO, R1
MOURA

2023.05.11 1:06 AM ET

bout announced

Cameron Smotherman vs. Charalampos Grigoriou at 135 lbs (61.2 kg)
Grogers70426
Grogers70426
  • Predictions:  1,222  |  65.1%
  • Forum Posts:  105
  • Post Score: 178

05.14.2023 | 10:03 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 3 of 5 Winners, 0 Perfect, 165 Points   |   Tied for 648th

Moura vs. Silva
Eduarda Moura, TKO, R2
Someone's 0 has to go

"Keep on keeping on"

2023.05.24 7:06 PM ET

bout announced

Eli Aronov vs. Zach Reese at 185 lbs (83.9 kg)
Sexy Beefer
Sexy Beefer
  • Predictions:  4,133  |  71.5%
  • Forum Posts:  1,258
  • Post Score: 67

05.25.2023 | 9:56 AM ET

Prediction Comments

Smotherman vs. Grigoriou
Cameron Smotherman, TKO
Both of these guys are not impressive in the slightest. BUT, if I had to pick one........ehhhhhhhh......Smotherman.....Sure.

Aronov vs. Reese
Eli Aronov, DEC
This is definitely going to be a fun fight, even tho Eli is going to take the dub here. Sorry Reese. There's always next time.

"I Am The Heavyweight Lorax. I Speak for the heavyweights"

Sexy Beefer
Sexy Beefer

05.25.2023 | 9:56 AM ET

Prediction Comments

Moura vs. Silva
Eduarda Moura, DEC
I think Moura has got this in the bag.....unless it's one of those WMMA things that have the fight go unexpectedly south for the favorite. Hope it's not like that here.

2023.06.02 11:11 PM ET

bout announced

Hyder Amil vs. Emrah Sonmez at 145 lbs (65.8 kg)
Taiga
Taiga
  • Predictions:  0  |  0.0%
  • Forum Posts:  266
  • Post Score: 199

06.07.2023 | 9:55 PM ET

Abdul-Kareem Al Selwady will fight George Hardwick this week. Hardwick is as legit as they come, it doesn't make much sense that the UFC just didn't sign him. 
2023.06.08 1:59 AM ET

bout announced

Abdul-Kareem Al-Selwady vs. George Hardwick at 155 lbs (70.3 kg)
hyp3mma
hyp3mma
  • Predictions:  8,951  |  67.2%
  • Forum Posts:  770
  • Post Score: 95

06.12.2023 | 7:23 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 2 of 5 Winners, 0 Perfect, 115 Points   |   Tied for 996th

Smotherman vs. Grigoriou
Cameron Smotherman, TKO, R2
I like both these guys, but contender series does this with fighters sometimes, bringing in guys similar of level so they have a shot of making it. Without sounding rude, these guys right now would probably be on the lower end of the 135 division, that's not to say they can't improve, but the levels on the show are so inconsistent.

Al-Selwady vs. Hardwick
George Hardwick, TKO, R1
Time to get Dana a chicken parmo, George in 1. This should be the main event, if they don't, this is the second time they've ****** up with George.

2023.07.20 11:12 AM ET

bout announced

Paulo Renato Jr. vs. Ibo Aslan at 205 lbs (93.0 kg)
hyp3mma
hyp3mma
  • Predictions:  8,951  |  67.2%
  • Forum Posts:  770
  • Post Score: 95

07.21.2023 | 2:01 AM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 2 of 5 Winners, 0 Perfect, 115 Points   |   Tied for 996th

Renato Jr. vs. Aslan
Ibo Aslan, TKO, R2
What is it with UFC loving a good can crusher ?

2023.07.21 1:34 PM ET

event start time updated

From Tuesday, August 15 at 8:00pm ET to Tuesday, August 15 at 7:00pm ET
CangrejoRuiz
CangrejoRuiz
  • Predictions:  14,971  |  64.7%
  • Forum Posts:  798
  • Post Score: 181

07.28.2023 | 7:33 AM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 2 of 5 Winners, 1 Perfect, 150 Points   |   Tied for 858th

Al-Selwady vs. Hardwick
George Hardwick, TKO, R3
I really don´t understand how we have George Hardwick on DWCS from all people but here we are. He has a really fun style with constant pressure and really good combinations, specially working the body. Best part is this fighting style has been working against really good regional fighters, so expectations on him are high. I really like Al-Selwady too, he is a compact wrestler who can easily control the oposing guy. He is really strong and you can see it everytime he fights. The thing about this fight Hardwick already dominated a similar guy to Al-Selwady when he faced Kyle Driscoll last year. Hardwick show some really good TDD and ended up finishing Driscoll with a body shot. I think Al-Selwady is better than Driscoll but he will struggle similarly. I will just end saying this fight makes no sense. Both guys have UFC level talent and belong to powerful markets so it´s a shame one of them won´t be able to get in specially seeing other matchups in the following weeks where neither lightweights have the qualities mentioned previously.

Amil vs. Sonmez
Hyder Amil, TKO, R2
Amil is a fun brawler who I am OK with getting the shot. On the other, Sonmez is a wrestler I am bit underwhelmed with, but he could be the kryptonite to Amil´s style. I still think Amil is better and can find a finish in the later rounds, specially with Sonmez not having the best cardio

Renato Jr. vs. Aslan
Ibo Aslan, TKO, R1
We already saw what Paulo Renato is when he faced Pogues last year. He shouldn´t be anywhere near to Light Heavyweight, let alone Heavyweight as he is barely 6 feet tall. This will be noticeable against Aslan who actually has the size for the division. I liked Aslan more than what I was expecting originally, he has more tools than I thought and the phisicallity to apply them in the division. He has a lot of holes to improve, mostly bad cardio and a lackluster ground game, but I see a world when he fixxes some of them and becomes a solid guy in the division. He should cruise here as I don´t think Renato can bring anything dangerous to the fight

Smotherman vs. Grigoriou
Cameron Smotherman, TKO, R2
I´ll be honest, when I first saw this fight, I thought this was a setup fight for Smotherman as he is a charismatic guy with a really fun boxing style who still has a lot of holes in his game, specially on the ground. I love Smotherman´s work ethic and compromise and at a young age he still has potential to develop. To my surprise, Charalampos not only has a similar skill level to Smotherman but in fact he has the tools to beat a boxer like him. His best weapon are his leg kicks, which hit really hard. He is a decent enough grappler too and if he can control Smotherman at any point of the fight there if the fight gets ugly. I am still picking Smotherman tho, as I think I am missing something. The reason is having two 8-3 guys facing each other at DWCS (which is a subpar record for someone in the program, let´s be honest) makes me think they want one of these guys to join the company. If that´s the case Smotherman is the target for the reasons I stated at the beginning.

"I was involved in a robbery with Mike Beltran"

melzzmjr
melzzmjr
  • Predictions:  693  |  62.8%
  • Forum Posts:  53
  • Post Score: 117

08.05.2023 | 7:13 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 0 of 1 Winners, 0 Perfect, 0 Points   |   Tied for 1294th

Al-Selwady vs. Hardwick
George Hardwick, TKO, R2
Hardwick should be in the UFC already.

":)+-"

CrimsonChinGuru
CrimsonChinGuru
  • Predictions:  3,043  |  64.0%
  • Forum Posts:  10,534
  • Post Score: 108

08.08.2023 | 4:36 AM ET

Predictions: 2 of 5 Winners, 1 Perfect, 150 Points   |   Tied for 858th

Crazy they are still out after Renato Jr, after that snoozefest he had last year against Pogues. 

"They killed Jesus for speaking the truth..."

AyyLmaonnaise
AyyLmaonnaise
  • Predictions:  15,520  |  67.5%
  • Forum Posts:  31,654
  • Post Score: 87

08.09.2023 | 8:17 AM ET

Week 2 breakdowns

Predictions: 1 of 5 Winners, 1 Perfect, 100 Points   |   Tied for 1151st

Abdul-Kereem Al-Selwady vs George Hardwick 
 Hardwick KO RD 2

Really silly Hardwick needs to go through dwcs. Theyre giving him a solid opponent, but one he should beat. Al-Selwady started off in BRAVE, where he was their reigning champ. His tape pre 2021 is just ugly. He was very one dimensional (all boxing and only headhunted) and would run into striking exchnages with his chin in the air. He paid for that badly, suffering two absolutely brutal faceplant kos. Since those losses, he has been fighting stateside and has looked improved. Well actually, its hard to say if hes improved or if he just looks good because hes fighting bad fighters. I mean, half of his last 4 opponents have double digit losses so yeah. I will sya tho, his overall skillset has improved. He does still leave his chin in the air which i hate, but he no longer just headhunts and also mixes in grappling as well. He also leaves his chin up when hes trading in the pockey & has a tendency to stay in the pocket for too long. That is a death sentence against hardwick who wants nothing more than to throw down in the pocket. Abdul has a lot of power tho which helps. HE gives everything hes got in to each punch and has pretty good cardio so he can continue to throw into the later rounds. He still headhunts too but does mix shots to the body so thats nice to see. He also wrestles now; its nothing special, mostly just blast doubles but it shows a wrinkle in his game. English people cannot wrestle to save their lives (for the most part) so i imagine hes gonna try and wrestle hardwick. Abdul isnt a wrestler by trade however so im not too worried. The thing that i still really dislike about abdul is his defense. He hasnt been chinned in a while, but he is still very reckless defensively. Hes been sat to one knee a few times on his winstreak & I even saw him run into a similar knee to the one that dumar roa slept him with. He hasnt gotten exposed for it recently since the guys hes fighting are bad & lack the technical prowess. Im not going to totally count out al selwady however; he actually has a decent chance of winning this because of his wrestling. It isnt anything special, but he is improving it and has been using it a ton in his recent fights. I really dont trust the english wrestling of hardwick, but i do think he will be fine for the most part. Speaking of hardwick, I get that a lot people on here **** on CW fighters, and i do understand it but Im pretty confident hardwick is one of the good ones. He has built up a very impressive winstreak as of late. He does start a bit slow but when he gets going his boxing is a problem. I love his body work specifically; 3 of his last 4 kos have all been body shots and almost all his other finishes stem from body shots. My main worry here with george is wrestling. His lone loss came to fleminas who wrestled him and pretty much all abdul does in his fights nowadays is wrestle, so i do worry a little. However, what will probably happen is george starts slow like he always does, abdul takes gim down early, then george wakes up and smokes him later in the fight. 

Eduarda Moura vs Janaina Silva 
Moura SUB RD 1

This is one of the few fights this season where i actually had never heard of either fighter, but then again it is wmma so who cares really. Kicking it off with silva, there is not a whole lot to say. I can only find tape from her early career & it really annoys me because her last fight was in the lfa prelims which you cannot watch unless you were there in person. Because of that, I have no idea what she looks like currently, only previous tape. From what i have seen, she doesnt seem ufc caliber at all, and not someone they want from this show. Her tapology page is correct, she is indeed that small. She seems to be a striker but everything is thrown looping. She has this big overhand right that she likes to throw but even that loops as well. She does try to grapple, but its just simple trips and cage wrestling. For Moura, its pretty much the same; her tape is nonexistent. I mean I literally cannot find anything on her besides her fight at JF 39. It didnt show me a ton since the fight ended in 4 minutes but it did show me a few things. For starters, she is huge and compared to janaina, she is massive. Her striking seems serviceable, at least she was aggressive and throwing a lot. But her grappling seems very strong. She totally dominated the girl & training at jailton’s gym i imagine she gets very good bjj coaching. The lone decision on her record was a split against a jobber so that leads me to believe she has 1 good round in her then she death gasses. Maybe she did win the fight and it was a bad split but I have no idea. Judging from the fact she has never gone to the scorecards besides that fight, i'm inclined to believe she has poor cardio. Can she finish this girl? Probably. But with such limited tape on the two its hard to be confident in a side. Ill go with the bigger girl who can grapple. 

Hyder Amil vs Emrah Sonmez  
Sonmez KO RD 3

At first, i didnt understand why they chose sonmez to be the opponent of amil. Anyone who has seen amil before knows that he is only in barnburners. While sonmez may not be a crazy brawler, he can push one hell of a pace and has good cardio. Sadly, that may be amil’s downfall here. I dont know why the ufc thought a wrestler with good cardio would be a good opponent for the guy they want to win. Amil is super exciting but he is not very good; honestly reminds me a lot of trevor peek just more refined. Amil is only good at one thing, brawling. Every fight he has he just walks you down swinging heat. He has pretty much no striking defense and sets an absurd pace every fight. Its weird because he actually has terrible cardio but is able to maintain the same pace every fight despite breathing very heavy after round 1. His power is weird; every fight he clips his opponents badly but despite having them compromised, hes actually a terrible finisher. Yes, he does get kos but it takes literally 3-4 knockdowns at times so it makes me wonder if his power is just slightly overrated or if hes just terrible at closing fights; probably the latter. Hes also going to war with bad fighters. Chase gibson was having his way with amil on the ground before amil slept him. Now, he could totally sleep sonmez because, at the end of the day, im not sure i rate sonmez all that highly. Hes a decent fighter who they brought in so amil can beat him. Even tho i really like amil, i just have to go with the guy who can wrestle his ass off and has cardio for days. Even if amil does win, im not sure hes gonna have the best ufc career. Of course, it will be a memorable one since hes allergic to boring fights but i think hes going to struggle to get a win in the ufc (unless he gets giftwrapped matchups that is). Hes also 33 so he has at maximum 3 good years left. 

Renato Jr vs Aslan 
Aslan KO RD 1

This is just a bad bad bad fight. Neither guy is close to ufc level and i have no idea why you would sign either unless you need them to fill your fighter quota (highly possible). Also, both are just fat lhw’s who dont cut because they are even worse at that class. I dont even know how dana could watch pogues vs renato jr and say “yeah, that guy is a warrior lets bring him back”. Renato was neve good to begin with but wow is that loss aging poorly. I can only find clips of his most recent fights and it really doesnt look like hes improved much. Still seems to be around 225 lbs and the guys hes fighting are the same cans he was fighting before. He hit one guy with a body head combo and the dude just fell over and quit so that speaks to the level of competition. Anyone who lost to modern day jamal pogues just wont cut it in the ufc regardless. Thagt fight didnt show me anything either; he got outvolmed by pogues (lol) and didnt show any urgency to step on the gas when pogues stopped throwing like he always does. He is a boxer weith some leg kicks. Has a bunch of kos but they are all against bums. However, his opponent ibo is just as bad. Much like renato, ibo is a guy that should (and has) fight at 205 but doesnt want to cut. He is also a striker with a 100% finish rate and a padded record of bums. Ibo is a striker. Heavy on leg kicks and throws everything he has into each punch. Hes really sloppy and gets hit all the time because he overswings on every punch. He does have a solid clinch tho; lots of elbows and knees and good muay thai trips and throws from the clinch as well. I cant believe im saying it but renato jr is much more technical than him. The issue is that renato throws nothing and doesnt hit that hard (despite the 100% finish rate). The reason im picking aslan here is because he did win round 1 against anton and also has a win over robert valentin who is a real person (although hes a 170er and ibo fought him at 205 so not much to make of that). Byt honestly that anton fight showed us a lot. Not only is he sloppy as ****, but he has one round of gas only and no grappling to speak of. I wouldnt be surprised to see renato win because he avoids the bombs of ibo early and beats him as ibo death gasses. Winner of this fight is an easy fade in the ufc because 1. They should be at 205 and 2. Theyre just trash at mma; dont belong in the ufc.

Smotherman vs Grigoriu 
Smotherman KO RD 2 

This is an odd one. Grigoriu is 31, not a known prospect, has an ugly record, and is a big time can crusher. Smotherman is an actual prospect, but is really raw. I like what ive seen from him, but even if he wins idk how he will fare in the ufc. Again, not because hes bad but im not sure if hes ready for the ufc level just yet, especially in the deep 135 division. The biggest hole in his game is wrestling. Smotherman actually does the right things, good sprawl, good hips, good balance, and when he does get taken down he tries to pop back up instantly. However, his wrestling is just simply not on that level. He can defend the initial few shots but you keep shooting and you will get him down. His fight vs shane torres (his last loss) I actually thought he couldve won on damage, but he spent like 11 of the 15 minutes on the ground (torres didnt do anything with top control until round 3 and got rocked in the first two). Smotherman may be very green but he is allergic to boring fights. When he not being wrestled, Cam likes to fight in a phone booth & slip punches and then fire back. His striking is basic boxing fundamentals, but it is clean and he hits really hard. Solid jab, really good uppercuts up close, and his hooks are also pretty powerful. He will occasionally mix in knees and punches but for the most part sticks to boxing in very close proximity. I also really like his cardio. He can be getting wrestled, stand up, and scrap at a high pace for three rounds easily and doesnt seem to get tired. Besides his bad wrestling, what I dont like about cam is his striking defense. While he is really good at slipping punches, he still gets tagged a good amount. He wears it really well and everything he throws back is twice as hard but still you need good striking defense to compete at the top. Now, for Grigoru. Chara just makes no sense to me. Like why did they sign this guy? Sure hes a knockout guy and on a 3 fight win/finish streak but hes not very good and not super exciting. He is also 31 and fought godawful competition. He does train at LAW MMA and one thing we know about those guys is they have great coaching, sparring partners, and everyone out of there is well rounded. Chara has skills everywhere but doesnt wow me anywhere. Striking seems okay. Despite all these kos he really doesnt hit that hard. Has solid technique but his punches seem kinda slow. He is a leg kick machine tho; landed like 30+ in his last fight. He has wrestling that he will mix in as well. Nothing special but he has good control and throws a lot of gnp. He seems to be good everywhere and hasnt shown me anything suspicious, but at the same time hes really not impressive. Hes just kind of a guy whos there. Its also really hard to gauge his skill level cuz hes fighting the absolute worst fighters possible. Cam’s comp may not be the greatest, but hes fighting real people who train at real gyms, chara’s opponents all have losing record or .500. For a pick, im really split. Cam is hella talented but very green & Chara has the skillset to beat cam (never seen him face a leg kicker & we know his wrestling sucks) but every time he faces someone real he gets melted. Ill go with cam since i really like his striking. If he does win i think the ufc will have to slow roll him tho. Talented kid but very raw

* Edited at 08.09.2023, 8:18 AM ET *

"“Unfortunately you can’t talk like that on FOX” - Joe Rogan"

Jodra
Jodra
  • Predictions:  38  |  68.4%
  • Forum Posts:  216
  • Post Score: 81

08.10.2023 | 1:30 AM ET

I watched Hardwick's recent fights, he's definitely good and I can see why hardcore fans and analysts like him, he does cool stuff like constantly hitting the body. But there are a few concerns I have with him that make me doubt his success in the UFC.

The first reason is his athletic ceiling. Hardwick has decent power, but he's a bit slow and janky/stiff, not only in his punching/kicking mechanics but also that he's foot slow. People who are light on the feet and have decent lateral movement gave him a lot of trouble(particularly in his fight against Driscoll). The second biggest flaw is his defense, he doesn't avoid strikes with his distance management or footwork. His main defense is just shelling up with a high guard to block strikes. The 4oz gloves don't give as much cover as the boxing gloves do, so what Hardwick likes to do is put his arms even closer to his face, This gives him better protection against straight shots but more vulnerable against hooks or looping strikes. The big problem is that his guard essentially conceals his vision, he can't see what his opponent is throwing at him and it limits his opportunity to counters(though he's decent at taking shots with his guard and firing back). And Strikes get through his guards a lot of the time, which is why his face was bloodied and bruised in a lot of his fights. 

* Edited at 08.10.2023, 1:40 AM ET *

Jakey1988
Jakey1988
  • Predictions:  20,877  |  67.8%
  • Forum Posts:  1,385
  • Post Score: 204

08.10.2023 | 10:26 AM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 3 of 5 Winners, 1 Perfect, 215 Points   |   Tied for 246th

Al-Selwady vs. Hardwick
George Hardwick, TKO, R2
Why the fuxk is Hardwick here ? He should automatically be in the ufc

"Lets see some ******* action!"

Segador80
Segador80
  • Predictions:  878  |  60.7%
  • Forum Posts:  494
  • Post Score: 52

08.10.2023 | 1:58 PM ET

Predictions: 4 of 5 Winners, 1 Perfect, 250 Points   |   Tied for 77th

Smotherman better lookout for those leg kicks, got tagged with a few versus Caballero. Grigoriu put on a masterclass with them his last fight, albeit versus a bum. 

I think Grigoriu is the more technical/fast striker but Cameron has the definite power advantage, which makes me worry about the KO. However, Grigoriu has good trainers, so i'll trust they advise Charla to take the fight to the ground (a place that Cameron struggles with). I got the underdog here, Grigoriu via decision.
Segador80
Segador80

08.10.2023 | 2:41 PM ET

Neither Aslan nor Paulo should be anywhere near Heavyweight. Paulo is short, plotty, slow, easy to hit, has less power, and wasn't even above 230 his last weigh in. Ibo looked looked legit at LHW and probably cut from about the same amount Renato fought at previously. Only aspect Renato might be better at is cardio, but I don't think this will go the distance. Still interested to see how Aslan looks during weigh-ins, if he's not critically obese I got him as a🔒
Segador80
Segador80

08.10.2023 | 3:46 PM ET

Sonmez is a lay & pray pressure fighter with a poor submission game. Amil is more technical and powerful on the feet, with an amazing heart that won't break from some early adversity. This was seen with Cody Gibson, who I rate him higher than Emrah. Cody controlled Amil on the ground and had a few good sub attempts but Hyder was able to rally back to his feet and apply heavy damage, eventually finishing him in the second. 

Emrah has shown to struggle taking down fresh opponents, having to wait until they gas for success. He also has a bad habit of leaving his neck open for guillotines and chin up while striking off the clinch.

Amil is too dangerous for a sloppy pressure-based style, he'll find the chin of Sonmez and guarantee himself a contract. 
InsertNameHere00
InsertNameHere00
  • Predictions:  2,487  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  21
  • Post Score: 186

08.10.2023 | 5:59 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 3 of 5 Winners, 2 Perfect, 225 Points   |   Tied for 171st

Al-Selwady vs. Hardwick
George Hardwick, TKO, R1
Abdul has been finished in round 1 three times by fighters worse than Hardwick, Hardwick will breeze through him and get an easy contract

Moura vs. Silva
Eduarda Moura, TKO, R2
Moura probably sucks cause she went to a 5 round split with a girl with a negative record, but she's finished everyone else and Silva isn't remarkable so **** it who knows.

Amil vs. Sonmez
Hyder Amil, DEC
Both guys seem to suck and Amil is already 33 so he probably won't do anything in the UFC, but he's undefeated so maybe he'll get a contract with a win

Renato Jr. vs. Aslan
Ibo Aslan, TKO, R1
Aslan has fought nobody, his only loss is to his only good opponent in Turkalj and he slept everyone else in the first round, he's probably roided to the gills and Renato Jr is very mediocre, so Aslan could just run through him, if he doesn't win round 1 tho he's probably done

Smotherman vs. Grigoriou
Cameron Smotherman, DEC
I don't know either of these guys but Smotherman's nickname is insane so he wins

WastelandWanderer
WastelandWanderer
  • Predictions:  155,871  |  66.6%
  • Forum Posts:  13,491
  • Post Score: 130

08.10.2023 | 7:48 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Al-Selwady vs. Hardwick
George Hardwick, TKO, R1
Can Hardwick make 145 and not be too depleted? If he can get into OMAD/fasting or pull it off somehow, have energy, yeah I prefer that. See if he can get in a good 145 run then move to 155 later, still 26 so yeah why not make it easy as possible. And Al-Selwady is 5 ft 7 at 155.......

Moura vs. Silva
Eduarda Moura, DEC
Another UFC event, another Brazilian War

Amil vs. Sonmez
Hyder Amil, TKO, R2
Saw those few CW fights, this is a pretty good chance for Sonmez **** to be 31 he will need quick turn around with loss or retire or something I dunno. Amil looks Uzbek-American maybe? Seen too many gladiator Uzbeks, in boxing, wrestling, whatever, you need to train hard for most of those guys

Renato Jr. vs. Aslan
Ibo Aslan, DEC
Turks can be pretty cool, seen some cool goth Turks last few years, they aren't all crazy at all. A lot of cool ones actually, I was pretty ignorant on it

Smotherman vs. Grigoriou
Cameron Smotherman, TKO, R3
I was in Cyprus twice, Greek-Mac. Got wasted there too many nights in a row. And one of the craziest weeds I ever tried... Was tripping somehow and off not even much. To get weed there is some big mission impossible thing. Greek military police

* Edited at 08.10.2023, 8:04 PM ET *

"I am the greatest blonde man in the world. I am Tru Viking." - Alexander Gustaffsson / "The world must bow to my glory. I am a God amongst mortals. They must pay me tribute in wine and concubine for my deeds." - Jon Jones "

Calfoth
Calfoth
  • Predictions:  2,721  |  67.7%
  • Forum Posts:  1,724
  • Post Score: 174

08.11.2023 | 3:00 PM ET

Predictions: 3 of 5 Winners, 1 Perfect, 215 Points   |   Tied for 246th

@WastelandWanderer 
Harry Hardwick is at 145, George Hardwick is a lightweight 

"POUND FOR POUND, HEADSHOT, DEAD - Leon Edwards "

Sexy Beefer
Sexy Beefer

08.12.2023 | 7:38 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Renato Jr. vs. Aslan
Ibo Aslan, TKO
I'm pretty sure the reason Dana likes to scan out can crushers like this in the heavier weight classes is to bring more people in and make more fights regardless of whether they have any decent amount of skill or not. Which is fine or whatever...but MAAAAN does it suck for us fans to have to deal with all that sloppiness during these scouting shows. Let's just hope Aslan does one of those corrupted Doc Louis punches to Renato in the 1st round so we don't have to suffer with watching literal paint drying.

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMAFighting.com : Morning Report: Sean Strickland claims ‘Canada threatened to pull me’ from UFC 297, teases move to boxing
  • MMA Mania : Mac: UFC ‘Prestige’ Makes Up For Lower Pay
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC Atlantic City weigh-in video
  • UFC.com : Weigh-In Results | UFC Atlantic City
  • Bad Left Hook : Valdez vs Wilson: Live updates and results, 6:10 pm ET
  • The Athletic : UFC featherweight champion Ilia Topuria says title fight at Santiago Bernabéu Stadium ‘very, very, very possible’
  • MMA Mania : Midnight Mania! ‘Regretful’ Biter Breaks Silence
  • MMA Mania : An Elite Contender With Only One Combo
  • MMA Mania : ‘Come Over Here Real Quick, Win A Belt, Maybe Win Another Belt’
  • Middle Easy : Conor McGregor Plans To Continue Fighting Until He’s ‘In The F*cking Grave,’ Wants To Face Similar-Aged Opponents
  • Middle Easy : Khalil Rountree Jr Claims Fans Want To See Him Fight Alex Pereira, Doesn’t Care If Pereira Is Champion
  • MMAFighting.com : Vince McMahon unloads another $100 million of TKO Group Holdings stock
  • MMA Junkie : 'That's not who I am': Igor Severino apologizes for bite, hopes one mistake doesn't define career
  • MMA Mania : ‘A Big Spit In The Face Of All The Champions’
  • MMAFighting.com : Payton Talbott rejects Sean O’Malley comparisons after UFC Vegas 89: ‘I don’t want to be compared’
  • UFC.com : Joaquin Buckley: ‘This Is The Reason I’m Here’
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘I’d love that fight’: Tszyu willing to face Spence next, talks fight with Fundora
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘I’d love that fight’: Tim Tszyu willing to face Errol Spence next, talks fight with Sebastian Fundora
  • MMA Junkie : 'Super happy' PFL season newcomer Mads Burnell explains excitement for fight schedule, new weight class
  • MMAFighting.com : Conor McGregor scoffs at retirement: ‘It’s to the motherf****** grave’