Topic: UFC on ABC 4

UFC on ABC 4: Rozenstruik vs. Almeida

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Tapology
Tapology
  • Predictions:  0  |  0.0%
  • Forum Posts:  32,954
  • Post Score: 47

02.08.2023 | 11:25 AM ET

The official Tapology discussion thread for the event!
UFC on ABC 4
  • Saturday 05.13.2023 at 12:00 PM ET
  • U.S. Broadcast: ABC | Prelims: ESPN
  • Promotion: Ultimate Fighting Championship
  • Ownership: Endeavor
  • Venue: Spectrum Center
  • Enclosure: Octagon
  • TV Announcers: Jon Anik, Dominick Cruz, Daniel Cormier
  • Ring Announcer: Bruce Buffer
  • Post-Fight Interviews: Daniel Cormier
  • Ticket Revenue (live gate): $2,090,000
  • Attendance: 18,712
  • MMA Bouts: 11
  • Promotion Links:
  • Event Links:
Bout   Info
Jailton Almeida   defeats   Jairzinho Rozenstruik   via Submission, Rear Naked Choke   3:43 Round 1 of 5 Bout Page
Johnny Walker   defeats   Anthony Smith   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Ian Machado Garry   defeats   Daniel Rodriguez   via KO/TKO, Head Kick to Ground Strikes   2:57 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Carlos Ulberg   defeats   Ihor Potieria   via KO/TKO, Left Hook to Ground Strikes   2:09 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Alex Morono   defeats   Tim Means   via Submission, Guillotine Choke   2:09 Round 2 of 3, 7:09 Total Bout Page
Matt Brown   defeats   Court McGee   via KO/TKO, Right Hook   4:09 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Karl Williams   defeats   Chase Sherman   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Douglas Silva de Andrade   defeats   Cody Stamann   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Mandy Böhm   defeats   Ji Yeon Kim   via Decision, Split (technical)   3 Rounds, 11:55 Total Bout Page
Bryan Battle   defeats   Gabe Green   via KO/TKO, Counter Right Hook   0:14 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Tainara Lisboa   defeats   Jessica-Rose Clark   via Submission, Rear Naked Choke   4:20 Round 3 of 3, 14:20 Total Bout Page

Responses Page 21

Joshjeffords
Joshjeffords
  • Predictions:  4,263  |  64.3%
  • Forum Posts:  6,256
  • Post Score: 136

05.11.2023 | 7:58 PM ET

Predictions: 5 of 11 Winners, 1 Perfect, 305 Points   |   Tied for 3410th

Gary is fun but his 0 will soon go not sure its this time..

"“I took no damage,” Hill said. “Most of the fall was me falling down"

Gregory
Gregory
  • Predictions:  6,817  |  63.3%
  • Forum Posts:  18,561
  • Post Score: 275

05.11.2023 | 7:59 PM ET

Congrats on earning another suspension. Not for questioning how we moderate the site, but for once again fighting and insulting other people.

Also, a warning. The more you get suspended the longer the suspensions are likely to become.

"I live, I die, I live again."

baremaras
baremaras
  • Predictions:  3,102  |  71.7%
  • Forum Posts:  1,757
  • Post Score: -18

05.11.2023 | 8:09 PM ET

Gregory

Predictions: 7 of 11 Winners, 2 Perfect, 465 Points   |   Tied for 1516th

I'm genuinely curious though, how come this sudden huge turn in how you moderate the site has happened? I don't mean to be blunt but did advertisers threaten to pull out if the site wasn't PG-13?

* Edited at 05.11.2023, 8:11 PM ET *

Staha
Staha
  • Predictions:  95  |  69.5%
  • Forum Posts:  192
  • Post Score: 16

05.11.2023 | 8:12 PM ET

Gregory

Predictions: 2 of 3 Winners, 1 Perfect, 165 Points   |   Tied for 3878th

Oi Gregory you small willy prick if you ban me it just means you’re a dirty little cuck who appreciates willy in ur bum bum and tartar u 4.73€ per hour male prostitute leave greece the dirty little ****holes only known for being a b tech turkey smelly little gyro merchant free my boy andres 3 up did nothing wrong 
A moderator has publicly marked this as inappropriate. Please be respectful on Tapology otherwise suspensions may be levied.
This user is suspended from posting until 9 years, 1 week, 2 days, 13 hours, and 41 minutes from now.
Staha
Staha
  • Predictions:  95  |  69.5%
  • Forum Posts:  192
  • Post Score: 16

05.11.2023 | 8:14 PM ET

Predictions: 2 of 3 Winners, 1 Perfect, 165 Points   |   Tied for 3878th

Oh shi my bad prison Mike used my account wasnt me 
This user is suspended from posting until 9 years, 1 week, 2 days, 13 hours, and 41 minutes from now.
Dwood03
Dwood03
  • Predictions:  542  |  62.4%
  • Forum Posts:  7
  • Post Score: 214

05.11.2023 | 8:54 PM ET

Predictions: 7 of 11 Winners, 2 Perfect, 440 Points   |   Tied for 1887th

Yo why are people beefing in a tapology discussion 💀
****les
****les
  • Predictions:  280  |  67.9%
  • Forum Posts:  2,228
  • Post Score: 244

05.11.2023 | 9:00 PM ET

Jessica-Rose Clark         vs.   Tainara Lisboa  

It truly speaks to the dearth of talent in the division that Tainara Lisboa, whose notable career accolades amount to losing to Valentina in women's Muay Thai by decision and by RNC to Norma Badonk in MMA is signed to UFC. I did the DD-- Dug into her record. I suppose I now know what a plumber feels like when unblocking the sewage pipes of a public bathroom congested with old-growth, petrified turds. In Mumbai. With a discarded McFlurry spoon.

Tainara has never beaten a fighter with more wins than losses, has never fought anyone with a record exceeding 4 total fights, and 4 of her victories have come against debutants with records of 0-0. Curious, I did venture to watch one particular bout which took place one sullen grey morning of the jungle rains below a threadbare tarpaulin fastened with bailing twine to the rickety, machete-carved bollards of some dirt-floored, pop-up Brazilian beer garden. The crowd consisted of less than a dozen unenthusiastic spectators, one of whom, being an unmistakable lunatic with a shopping cart wheel fastened with a zip tie in the place where his left foot had once been, was assuredly masturbating with conspicuous athleticism beneath his table.

Her opponent was the usual untrained slum girl cajoled into the unlicensed and scarcely adjudicated brawl on the promise of a full belly and a course of antibiotics: The scarred side of her face like the crust on a crème brûlée owing to successive bouts of common mange, her hair a dirty, briary pubis where lice and flesh-feeders breed dynastic and incurable, bespangled with oceanic flotsam considered and rejected by the tides--sun-jerked smelt and fry and hunks of brine-browned styrofoam, humidity-virulent lichen like acanthine strangles of kelp enmeshed in tangles of fishing line. Not unlike the tears of herring nets one sometimes encounters when beach combing after a violent storm.

The contest was no more to Honorable combat than what **** is to post-marital conjugation--a rough-handed, altogether greasy and vulgar affair not more competitive nor engaging, nor less unsavoury nor one-sided than a stray dog being unceremoniously flung backlegs-first to the garbage crushing unit of a waste truck by a grinning hairy-knuckled stocky Italian puffing on a wee Willem. Few if any in attendance considered it valid, none that it's conclusion after two minutes was timely, the event being further soured by a contractual dispute between the promoter and the opponent, who without understanding had agreed to be paid to win, not to show, and would subsequently receive nothing for the virtually unresisted beating she had endured. She stormed out of the venue into the hot slow rain, veering off only to drink from a nearby terracotta birdbath where she gruffly attempted to cadge a cigarette from an old bent-backed man smoking by it, who refused, at which point she hissed violently, reached into her mouth and yanked free a rotten molar which she hurled at him violently before carrying herself away in a goat-powered rickshaw into the drizzle.

Jessica Rose Clark, Dec.

* Edited at 05.11.2023, 9:27 PM ET *

This user is suspended from posting until 9 years, 2 months, 3 days, 5 hours, and 39 minutes from now.
TARTARA
TARTARA
  • Predictions:  53,849  |  69.0%
  • Forum Posts:  5,186
  • Post Score: 65

05.11.2023 | 9:16 PM ET

Predictions: 9 of 11 Winners, 1 Perfect, 520 Points   |   Tied for 734th

Not even a year... Dats Tuff... !

Thanks @Gregory  

"KURZHAAR - Tomorrow Never Comes Until It's Too Late"

Gregory
Gregory
  • Predictions:  6,817  |  63.3%
  • Forum Posts:  18,561
  • Post Score: 275

05.11.2023 | 9:19 PM ET

@baremaras no it has zero to do with advertisers. And for ****'s sake, this is obviously NOT moderated to be a "PG13" site.  Are there not hundreds of posts every day with bad language that I don't touch or don't care about?

The problem is that over the past 6 months is I've seen more and more people fighting with each other, bullying people who's opinions you disagree with, and generally doing things that make the forum a dump where it's impossible to have a halfway normal conversation.

And so, if you do what this guy@Staha just did, and call someone a prostitute, and say their whole nationality is filled with dirty ****holes, you're getting suspended.

It's NOT about bad language. It's about stopping people from being terrible to each other on here.

"I live, I die, I live again."

****les
****les

05.11.2023 | 9:31 PM ET

@Greg I say with this as much respect and empathy as I have in me: You have earned a holiday, and should take one, if there is even the remotest skerrick of a possibility of doing that. I think you're kicking against the pricks on the civility front. Stuff like what was just posted is inevitable.

I laughed at it more than I reasonably should have, I confess.
This user is suspended from posting until 9 years, 2 months, 3 days, 5 hours, and 39 minutes from now.
*****_swaggins
*****_swaggins
  • Predictions:  205  |  66.3%
  • Forum Posts:  299
  • Post Score: 83

05.11.2023 | 9:35 PM ET

The world may never know…

Predictions: 6 of 6 Winners, 0 Perfect, 330 Points   |   Tied for 3212th

@baremaras probably was from Bracket dropping the hard R, non stop
Mav58
Mav58
  • Predictions:  651  |  63.9%
  • Forum Posts:  1,449
  • Post Score: 92

05.11.2023 | 10:01 PM ET

Predictions: 7 of 10 Winners, 2 Perfect, 465 Points   |   Tied for 1516th

Thanks greg. People call me soft but there's enough jerks to deal with in real life already, it's nice when they don't have free reign of leisure sites too.
GageMyers
GageMyers
  • Predictions:  257  |  61.1%
  • Forum Posts:  47
  • Post Score: 6

05.11.2023 | 10:21 PM ET

Predictions: 7 of 11 Winners, 1 Perfect, 445 Points   |   Tied for 1830th

I've only been a tapology member for 2 months but i want the old tapology back **** the moderators 

"I Come Here Unarmed "

UFCGOAT69
UFCGOAT69
  • Predictions:  172  |  59.3%
  • Forum Posts:  99
  • Post Score: 140

05.11.2023 | 11:15 PM ET

Predictions: 0 of 0 Winners, 0 Perfect, 0 Points   |   Tied for 4039th

try not acting like children from a ******* broken home and you might not get suspended...just a thought
****les
****les

05.12.2023 | 12:40 AM ET

^

DamienHandel420
DamienHandel420
  • Predictions:  5,766  |  66.8%
  • Forum Posts:  7,542
  • Post Score: 262

05.12.2023 | 2:28 AM ET

Predictions: 0 of 0 Winners, 0 Perfect, 0 Points   |   Tied for 4039th

Tapology is better then most  online places for not banning people, Greg rarely bans people, if you get banned you most likely derseve it,  half the people on here will get banned in an instent in other places

"Quack quack quack"

Rah123
Rah123
  • Predictions:  1,239  |  66.0%
  • Forum Posts:  6,471
  • Post Score: -57

05.12.2023 | 3:45 AM ET

Andrew

No man, I wasn't on the discord but thanks for the heads up. Don't worry I disregard that fool like I flush a **** down the loo

"Positivity is a positive"

Rah123
Rah123
  • Predictions:  1,239  |  66.0%
  • Forum Posts:  6,471
  • Post Score: -57

05.12.2023 | 3:56 AM ET

Gregory

Hey man, I see all these guys all sucking up to you but let me just say that I am going to tell you straight that I think some of these recent bans are ridiculous. 

Ban me if you want but banning Andrew for just saying what he thought is crazy. You are going over board with this.

"Positivity is a positive"

Byakuya Kuchiki
Byakuya Kuchiki
  • Predictions:  1,205  |  65.0%
  • Forum Posts:  241
  • Post Score: 159

05.12.2023 | 4:00 AM ET

Show me you autistic whithout saying you autistic

Predictions: 7 of 11 Winners, 2 Perfect, 450 Points   |   Tied for 1726th

"Confident to go in and not necessarily prove people wrong but to prove my support correct"

****les
****les

05.12.2023 | 4:25 AM ET

The suspensions have gotten harsher in the 4 months since I've used this site. Members are suspended for a lot less, now. I preferred the old Greg who would come in after a spate had devolved to toxic back-and-forth spam flooding a given thread, tell everybody involved to tone it down and if they didn't handed out light suspensions. It was a better system. Spicy banter is important and natural. There's a climate of fear present on Tap now that has caused banalization.

It's important to never lose site of the fact that comments in a virtual space are not tantamount to real-world speech, actions and engagements. Nobody on this site would hurl insults at one another the way they do here in RL. It's part of the process of anonymous posting--an important feature of the internet I hope we never lose. I could understand if Tap was social media in the true sense of that term, and was tethered to people's RL identities, but it's not and it isn't. It's just not the same deal. What you have is a bunch of anonymous, probably fictitious identities insulting other anonymous, fictitious identities. 

I don't think insults matter to people here matter anywhere as much Greg thinks they do, and are for the most part simply another form of entertainment enjoyed by the vast majority of the members. I think spates add more entertainment value than they take away, on balance. I cannot accept that there's genuinely people who are such special snowflakes that they can't handle name-calling and arguments occurring via absolutely anonymity. This just seems insane to me.

Upvote if you agree. Downvote if you don't. 

Page 21

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Middle Easy : ‘MMA Media Hates Me,’ Ronda Rousey Reacts To Career Backlash & ‘How Happily Everybody Turned’ On UFC Star
  • MMA Mania : Midnight Mania: It PAYS To Be King
  • Middle Easy : Ryan Garcia Reveals His ‘Crazy’ Behavior Was a Publicity Stunt Planned Months in Advance
  • MMA Mania : ‘99.9%’ Chance Edwards Vs. Muhammad 2 Happens At UFC 304
  • MMA Junkie : The 10 largest UFC attendances in history
  • MMA Mania : ‘MMA Media Hates Me, It’s Fine’
  • Middle Easy : Jiri Prochazka Doubles Down On Callout For Alex Pereira Rematch At UFC 301: ‘I Think I Deserve It’
  • Middle Easy : Ryan Garcia Goes Off On Logan Paul For Child Trafficking Comments, Claims He Will ‘Destroy’ Paul In Boxing Match
  • MMA Junkie : Max Holloway's coach breaks down matchup against 'oversized bantamweight' Ilia Topuria
  • MMAFighting.com : Lyoto Machida ‘already breathing fire’ after Luke Rockhold callout, interested in Karate Combat rematch
  • MMA Mania : ‘It’s Crazy That Something Like This Is Happening At This Level’
  • MMA Junkie : Islam Makhachev's coach: 'Biggest threat' Justin Gaethje no longer in UFC title picture
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘Whoever wants to fight Ryan, he feels comfortable at 144’: De La Hoya talks next steps for Garcia
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘Whoever wants to fight Ryan, he feels comfortable at 144’: Oscar De La Hoya talks next steps for Ryan Garcia
  • MMA Mania : Double Champ Islam Next? ‘I Already Beat All These Guys’
  • MMAFighting.com : Justin Gaethje: It’ll be ‘6 months, at least, before I get back to taking shots’ after UFC 300 loss
  • MMA Junkie : Manon Fiorot open to Maycee Barber fight – but only if interim UFC flyweight title at stake
  • MMA Junkie : Arman Tsarukyan fires back at Michael Chandler: 'You are just waiting for a paycheck'
  • MMAFighting.com : Islam Makhachev not interested in Max Holloway matchup: ‘Maybe if he wins his next fight’
  • Bad Left Hook : PODCAST: How much credit does Ryan Garcia deserve for beating Devin Haney?