Topic: UFC 287

UFC 287: Pereira vs Adesanya 2

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Tapology
Tapology
  • Predictions:  0  |  0.0%
  • Forum Posts:  32,815
  • Post Score: 47

12.30.2022 | 2:35 PM ET

The official Tapology discussion thread for the event!
UFC 287
  • Saturday 04.08.2023 at 06:00 PM ET
  • U.S. Broadcast: Pay Per View | Prelims: ESPN
  • Promotion: Ultimate Fighting Championship
  • Ownership: Endeavor
  • Venue: Miami-Dade Arena
  • Enclosure: Octagon
  • TV Announcers: Jon Anik, Joe Rogan, Daniel Cormier
  • Ring Announcer: Bruce Buffer
  • Post-Fight Interviews: Joe Rogan
  • Ticket Revenue (live gate): $11,943,363
  • Attendance: 19,032
  • MMA Bouts: 12
  • Promotion Links:
  • Event Links:
Bout   Info
Israel Adesanya   defeats   Alex Pereira   via KO/TKO, Counter Right   4:21 Round 2 of 5, 9:21 Total Bout Page
Gilbert Burns   defeats   Jorge Masvidal   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Rob Font   defeats   Adrian Yanez   via KO/TKO, Right Hook to Ground Strikes   2:57 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Kevin Holland   defeats   Santiago Ponzinibbio   via KO/TKO, Left Hook   3:16 Round 3 of 3, 13:16 Total Bout Page
Christian Rodriguez   defeats   Raul Rosas Jr.   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Kelvin Gastelum   defeats   Chris Curtis   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Luana Pinheiro   defeats   Michelle Waterson-Gomez   via Decision, Split   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Joe Pyfer   defeats   Gerald Meerschaert   via KO/TKO, Right Cross to Ground Strikes   3:15 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Lupita Godinez   defeats   Cynthia Calvillo   via Decision, Split   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Ignacio Bahamondes   defeats   Trey Ogden   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Steve Garcia   defeats   Shayilan Nuerdanbieke   via KO/TKO, Uppercut to the Body   0:36 Round 2 of 3, 5:36 Total Bout Page
Sam Hughes   defeats   Jaqueline Amorim   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page

Responses Page 37

Evan23
Evan23
  • Predictions:  2,435  |  60.9%
  • Forum Posts:  40
  • Post Score: 88

04.07.2023 | 8:05 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 6 of 12 Winners, 3 Perfect, 390 Points   |   Tied for 2618th

Pereira vs. Adesanya II
Alex Pereira, TKO, R3
I think this fight is gonna be all Alex, he'll outstrike Izzy everywhere and find the chin before the championship rounds.

Burns vs. Masvidal
Gilbert Burns, SUB, R1
Burns' grappling is lightyears ahead of Masvidal. The only thing I'm worried about is Gilbert trying to strike and put on a show. If he keeps it smart and grapples Masvidal the whole fight, it should be an easy win.

Font vs. Yanez
Adrian Yanez, DEC
I think this ends up being the classic Rob Font. He'll eat Yanez alive with the jab until Yanez finds a power shot and drops Font stealing the rounds. By the 3rd round I think it'll be all Yanez.

Holland vs. Ponzinibbio
Kevin Holland, TKO, R2
Ponzi couldn't hang with Alex Morono last fight until he found his comeback punch late in the 3rd round. With Holland being the younger and fresher fighter, I think he outstrikes Ponz and finds the finish.

Rosas Jr. vs. Rodriguez
Raul Rosas Jr., SUB, R1
Rodriguez is good, but Rosas is a grappling stud. I think Rosas drowns him with the grappling and finds a late first round sub.

Gastelum vs. Curtis
Kelvin Gastelum, DEC
I don't see Gastelum making the mistakes Buckley did against Curtis. I think he'll end up outstriking Curtis the way Hermansson did leading to a decision win.

Waterson-Gomez vs. Pinheiro
Luana Pinheiro, DEC
Waterson has not looked great in her last couple of fights, and Pinheiro is a future Top 10 fighter, this fight will mark the changing of the guard.

Meerschaert vs. Pyfer
Gerald Meerschaert, SUB, R1
The UFC is pushing Pyfer way too fast. They gave him the worst middleweight fighter on the roster at the time, so of course Pyfer won that fight. The next logical step in his progression is NOT Gerald Meerschaert. Meerschaert has looked great recently, I would expect Meerschaert to finish an overzealous Pyfer with his signature guillotine choke.

Williams vs. Sherman
Karl Williams, TKO, R1
Sherman's ground game is horrendous, if Collier can take Sherman down and sub him as fast as he did, Williams should find the takedown and GnP with ease.

Calvillo vs. Godinez
Lupita Godinez, DEC
Calvillo has been on an unfortunate run as of late and I don't see it changing here. Godinez should dominate in the wrestling and pick up an easy win. However Loopy didn't really show up in her last fight, so if she starts the fight struggling to find a takedown, then Calvillo could pick up the upset.

Ogden vs. Bahamondes
Ignacio Bahamondes, TKO, R2
This fight is way closer then everyone has it to be. Ogden is solid and could give Ignacio some troubles in the grappling department. I think Ignacio will struggle in the first and then find himself in the second and put together a finish.

Garcia vs. Nuerdanbieke
Shayilan Nuerdanbieke, DEC
Nuerdanbieke should dominate this fight with his superior grappling. Expect a dominant decision or a GnP finish.

Hughes vs. Amorim
Jaqueline Amorim, SUB, R2
I think Amorim will sub Hughes when this fight touches the ground. I think Hughes will strike for a bit, but then she'll mix in some takedowns and it'll be her downfall.

depmode33
depmode33
  • Predictions:  248  |  57.3%
  • Forum Posts:  1,383
  • Post Score: 183

04.07.2023 | 8:23 PM ET

Alright boys and girls, I am back in action for this card.  What do you think?

Raul Rosas Jr + Jacqueline Amorim moneyline parlay for close to -110?  

* Edited at 04.07.2023, 8:23 PM ET *

depmode33
depmode33

04.07.2023 | 8:27 PM ET

I see that the downvote mafia is still in full effect over here :D
FallenAngel
FallenAngel
  • Predictions:  5,753  |  70.9%
  • Forum Posts:  281
  • Post Score: 127

04.07.2023 | 8:50 PM ET

UFC 287: Pereira vs Adesanya 2 | Full Card Fight Picks in 3 Minutes

Predictions: 8 of 12 Winners, 3 Perfect, 505 Points   |   Tied for 625th

"Every second is a gift"

depmode33
depmode33

04.07.2023 | 9:19 PM ET

@FallenAngel, I love the music.  It reminds me of Hollywood Hogan's entrance theme back in the WCW/NWO days.  

Jimi Hendrix - Voodoo Child 
GunnStarr
GunnStarr

04.07.2023 | 9:28 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 7 of 12 Winners, 4 Perfect, 490 Points   |   Tied for 810th

Rosas Jr vs. Rodriguez
Raul Rosas Jr, SUB, R2
Rodriguez may be no push over, but I don’t see him throwing a wrench in Rosas plans. Rosas still has a lot to learn in terms of submissions, but if he can wrestle him enough to wear them out, then he gets the win.
Xconchris
Xconchris
  • Predictions:  6,126  |  67.0%
  • Forum Posts:  6,131
  • Post Score: 333

04.07.2023 | 9:54 PM ET

Predictions: 7 of 12 Winners, 4 Perfect, 450 Points   |   Tied for 1391st

So working overtime and I see just 37 pages before a big ppv. I scroll through the comments finally and looks like everyone is suspended 😂

"Dont take life too serious, you will never make it out alive."

YNOT
YNOT
  • Predictions:  1,947  |  60.0%
  • Forum Posts:  39
  • Post Score: 259

04.07.2023 | 10:44 PM ET

What If I Told You That " FACT'S " Had That DOG In Em! Stupid!

Predictions: 5 of 12 Winners, 2 Perfect, 315 Points   |   Tied for 4104th

• Can't Argue With Fact's, & That's Just Fact's 💯 

"It Is What It Is, Was What It Was ".

AlazarBekele
AlazarBekele
  • Predictions:  559  |  59.4%
  • Forum Posts:  28
  • Post Score: 111

04.07.2023 | 10:53 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 6 of 12 Winners, 4 Perfect, 440 Points   |   Tied for 1638th

Michelle Waterson-Gomez, DEC
hottie got it

AlazarBekele
AlazarBekele
  • Predictions:  559  |  59.4%
  • Forum Posts:  28
  • Post Score: 111

04.07.2023 | 10:58 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 6 of 12 Winners, 4 Perfect, 440 Points   |   Tied for 1638th

Burns vs. Masvidal
Gilbert Burns, SUB, R2
This one is close too, if jorge was younger I would pick him by burns got it

Rosas Jr. vs. Rodriguez
Raul Rosas Jr., SUB, R1
Rosas jr, can u do smth for me, can you get you ugly face of the screen now for me, Rosas jr, your ugly Rosas jr.

Williams vs. Sherman
Karl Williams, TKO, R2
hype on Williams is real and chase Sherman is garbage

Calvillo vs. Godinez
Lupita Godinez, DEC
loopy got it with the wrestling. sadly she's kinda old tho for just being a prospect.

Hughes vs. Amorim
Jaqueline Amorim, SUB, R1
Amorim is a cool last name

Jbustan
Jbustan
  • Predictions:  1,472  |  65.6%
  • Forum Posts:  918
  • Post Score: 45

04.08.2023 | 1:11 AM ET

Parlays

Predictions: 9 of 12 Winners, 3 Perfect, 565 Points   |   Tied for 187th

I am trying a full card parlay and $10 can win me $1900 if I get every fight correct
Kermit
Kermit
  • Predictions:  1,037  |  64.3%
  • Forum Posts:  579
  • Post Score: 162

04.08.2023 | 2:02 AM ET

@Jbustan

Predictions: 5 of 12 Winners, 3 Perfect, 365 Points   |   Tied for 3303rd

It'd be quicker to throw your $10 out the window my friend. You could pick every single fight correctly but those sneaky judges are always ready to parlay bust with corrupt, apparently unaccountable decisions.

Mantis xX
Mantis xX
  • Predictions:  1,676  |  58.4%
  • Forum Posts:  150
  • Post Score: -1

04.08.2023 | 2:03 AM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 5 of 12 Winners, 2 Perfect, 315 Points   |   Tied for 4104th

Pereira vs. Adesanya II
Alex Pereira, TKO, R2
I wonder what happens when Both fighters go for broke. A brutal, quick, destructive strikes that are fast as arrows, land on target, and are as strong as a club. I just don't see a world where Izzy doesn't revert back to his championship gameplans of counter fighting. Sure, he might have been winning last fight until he got cracked but now the confidence meter is at an all time high for Alex after he knows he still can KO Izzy. Just like Usman's most recent Former-Champion mistake, he is attempting to reclaim his belt, right a wrong, way too fast after getting KO'd cold. I think Alex really pushes forward, has Izzy on true wheels fighting backwards. He lands on the cycles, just like last time. To me this is just a case of someone having someone else's number. KO 2nd round, Hook. AND STILL. P.S. I would love to see an Israel win. But can Israel show and then keep up a killer instinct that it seems he has since lost? Champions end championship fights quickly, they eventually lose after having multiple 25 minute fights in a row.

Burns vs. Masvidal
Gilbert Burns, DEC
I think Gilbert might be low key the most positively-volatile WW in the division right now. I think he is much more confident then he has been, Post-Chimaev fight. He proved it against Magny, I am expecting a gameplan sharp, and focused Burns, coming up against a highly distracted, very vocal Jorge Masvidal. Mas reminds me, right now, of Conor McG antics in the Dustin fights, just vocal and more nervous than letting on. Burns 30-27x2 30-26.

Font vs. Yanez
Adrian Yanez, DEC
30-27x2 29-28 Uni. Another great banger, Yanez counter fights great and delivers with power. Font fights pressure first but to his loss.

Holland vs. Ponzinibbio
Kevin Holland, DEC
Split 29-28x2 28-29 Firefight.

Rosas Jr. vs. Rodriguez
Raul Rosas Jr., TKO, R1
Full Mount in less than 2 minutes, ground and pound finish.

Gastelum vs. Curtis
Chris Curtis, TKO, R2
TKO Ground and pound finish. Huge Right hand crashes through Kelvin's guard. Ref gives him all the time and sees enough.

Michelle Waterson-Gomez, DEC
29-28x2 30-27 Uni, Michelle out-points on the feet and stays on the feet.

Meerschaert vs. Pyfer
Joseph Pyfer, TKO, R2
Counter right Rocks gerald, Pyfer hops on top, half-guard, postures up and lands unanswerable bombs. TKO finish.

Williams vs. Sherman
Karl Williams, DEC
Lot of Decisions but thats the vibe of the early card. I think Sherman does enough to compete but not enough to win, seems to be his issue. Karl Williams by a somewhat decisive win 30-27x2 29-28 Uni.

Calvillo vs. Godinez
Lupita Godinez, DEC
I think stylistically it's a very similar match up and that favors Loopy IMO. I think this is a almost a split but Loopy does enough in 2 and 3 to cement this as her fight. 29-28x2, 30-27 Uni.

Ogden vs. Bahamondes
Ignacio Bahamondes, TKO, R2
I'm leaning a frustrating fight for Ogden, can't quite find range. I think Ignacio lands a clean Body kick on Trey and follows up with punches while he covers up. Refs steps in. Great showing for Jaula.

Garcia vs. Nuerdanbieke
Shayilan Nuerdanbieke, DEC
Split 29-28x2 27-30, Possible "robbery" But I think Shayilan does enough work in all three rounds to get the nod in two, however a judge thinks he loses those rounds.

Hughes vs. Amorim
Jaqueline Amorim, DEC
29-28x3 UNI Close fight, Hughes gets the third and the first was close but the new blood gets the nod.

Rah123
Rah123
  • Predictions:  1,227  |  65.9%
  • Forum Posts:  6,409
  • Post Score: -57

04.08.2023 | 3:57 AM ET

Predictions: 6 of 12 Winners, 0 Perfect, 300 Points   |   Tied for 4325th

Adesanyas hand injured? ✋️ 

"Positivity is a positive"

Derossi
Derossi
  • Predictions:  127  |  54.3%
  • Forum Posts:  19
  • Post Score: 89

04.08.2023 | 4:03 AM ET

Predictions: 6 of 12 Winners, 1 Perfect, 325 Points   |   Tied for 3930th

Adesanya making goofy pre excuses.
 Man just do what others do, not coming online to cry like a baby.
solice
solice
  • Predictions:  233  |  60.1%
  • Forum Posts:  1
  • Post Score: 200

04.08.2023 | 5:22 AM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 7 of 12 Winners, 3 Perfect, 455 Points   |   Tied for 1295th

Burns vs. Masvidal
Gilbert Burns, DEC
Last fight of Masvidal's career

Hesoyam
Hesoyam
  • Predictions:  1,006  |  63.5%
  • Forum Posts:  16
  • Post Score: 119

04.08.2023 | 6:27 AM ET

Predictions: 5 of 12 Winners, 1 Perfect, 290 Points   |   Tied for 4553rd

Its just ******* annoying seeing all you with picking rate below 60% giving detailed picks, no one gives a ****, honestly.
First what ppl are doing is checking your accuracy, if you are below 60% YOU SUCK, work on your skills and then go to the public and say something.

******* dudes with 58% or something, fooking ahut your mouth
A moderator has publicly marked this as inappropriate. Please be respectful on Tapology otherwise suspensions may be levied.
ryanQ
ryanQ
  • Predictions:  975  |  61.4%
  • Forum Posts:  634
  • Post Score: 92

04.08.2023 | 8:15 AM ET

Predictions: 9 of 12 Winners, 5 Perfect, 640 Points   |   Tied for 35th with 10 others

Who cares about accuracy it’s a virtual stat, it’s a forum page for a reason, anyone can say what they think. 
ModestMan
ModestMan
  • Predictions:  543  |  63.4%
  • Forum Posts:  1,870
  • Post Score: 116

04.08.2023 | 8:47 AM ET

Let there be dogs

Predictions: 0 of 0 Winners, 0 Perfect, 0 Points   |   Tied for 5932nd

This card is LOADED with upset potential, I can see it being 50/50 or 60/40 for the entire card

"WMMA = 50/50 no matter the odds"

ModestMan
ModestMan
  • Predictions:  543  |  63.4%
  • Forum Posts:  1,870
  • Post Score: 116

04.08.2023 | 8:52 AM ET

Predictions: 0 of 0 Winners, 0 Perfect, 0 Points   |   Tied for 5932nd

Masvidal
Ponzinibbio
Hughes
Waterson
Garcia
Meerschaert
Font
Pereira
Curtis
ALL COULD WIN. All have a path to victory 😬 I’m staying away from betting on this card, will be a card that I just watch & enjoy. I may take a stab at Font and Pereira that’s about it

"WMMA = 50/50 no matter the odds"

Page 37

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Jits Magazine : ADXC 4: Ffion Davies And Morgan Black Face Each Other In The Grappling Co-Main Event
  • Jits Magazine : Stacked Tournaments Confirmed For Midwest Finishers 18
  • MMAFighting.com : PFL 3 Results: Koreshkov vs. Umalatov
  • MMA Mania : Midnight Mania: ‘I Decide Who, When, And Where’
  • MMA Mania : Muhammad Goes Off On Edwards And ‘Fakest Team I’ve Ever Seen’
  • MMA Junkie : Ryan Garcia has skill set to compete with Devin Haney. Does he have mindset?
  • MMAFighting.com : Max Holloway mocks Ilia Topuria’s demands for potential fight; Topuria responds
  • MMA Junkie : Henry Cejudo: Bo Nickal needs to hold his horses, 'maybe 10 fights away from possibly becoming UFC champion'
  • MMA Mania : Frenemies? ‘I Hate To See A Fighter Lose His Confidence’
  • MMA Junkie : 2024 PFL 3 weigh-in results: Welterweights, featherweights set in Chicago
  • MMA Mania : ‘When I Was Your Age, I Already Had Title Defenses, Buddy’
  • MMAFighting.com : Haney vs. Garcia fight card
  • Middle Easy : Exclusive: Belal Muhammad Claims He ‘Hates Leon Edwards’ Guts,’ Hopes To Dethrone The Welterweight King In Manchester
  • Middle Easy : Jorge Masvidal Says He’s ‘Definitely’ Returning To UFC, Wants Logan Paul Or Floyd Mayweather Jr In Boxing After Nate Diaz
  • Middle Easy : Daniel Cormier Suggests Herb Dean Played a Part in Jamahal Hill’s UFC 300 Loss, ‘Big’ John McCarthy Responds
  • MMA Junkie : Max Holloway responds to the 'un-BMF' demands from UFC champ Ilia Topuria
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘You will be exposed on Saturday night if you are not ready’: Eddie Hearn says things about to get real for Ryan Garcia
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘You will be exposed on Saturday night if you are not ready’: Hearn says things about to get real for Garcia
  • MMA Mania : PFL Chicago Weigh Ins Results, Staredowns!
  • MMAFighting.com : Video: Relive every win of Conor McGregor’s epic UFC career