Tapology Forums

2023 Prospect Grand Prix Sign-ups

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

mmawizzard
mmawizzard
  • Predictions:  49,334  |  61.5%
  • Forum Posts:  5,206
  • Post Score: 147

11.11.2022 | 11:03 PM ET

It's back!
After taking the year off I'm bringing the Grand Prix back. Getting some extra time to myself I'll be able to run this effecively unlike I did in 2021. For anyone interested just reply to this thread saying "I'm in" and please include your Twitter handle. If you don't have a Twitter consider making one since I will have a group chat there. Sign-ups are closed December 28th at 6:00 PM Est. Then I will randomize the draft order. The draft will start December 29th at 12:00 PM Est.

Here are the rules:

• Highest score at the end of the year wins
  • Can't drop and add another fighter until they are on a 2-fight losing skid. Any other reason is a no-go
  • Once your prospect makes it to the UFC/Bellator and makes his/her debut you will take another prospect as a replacement
  • No drafting/replacing a prospect rumored to sign with the UFC/Bellator by a credible source
  • I will allow trades but both competitors must confirm with me before it's official
  • No former or current UFC/Bellator fighters
  • Once you are issued a replacement (two-fight skid/UFC or Bellator debut) you have a week from the fight to make your replacement to avoid stalling. If you fail to do that you will be eliminated
  • You will receive the full 25 points if your prospect gets signed to the UFC/Bellator during the draft.
  • Each competitor will draft six prospects. The last pick for each player has to draft a prospect with three pro fights or less
  • You will have a five hour deadline to draft. If you miss that you have to wait your next go around and pick two fighters. If you miss the deadline twice in a row you will be eliminated
  • The draft will be snake style
  • May 1st I will cut the players with the three lowest scores
  • October 1st I will cut the players with the five lowest scores

I will post the scoring criteria before the end of the week.

* Edited at 11.11.2022, 11:03 PM ET *

"Wizzard of Tapology"

Responses Page 5

CangrejoRuiz
CangrejoRuiz
  • Predictions:  15,389  |  64.7%
  • Forum Posts:  803
  • Post Score: 184

12.28.2022 | 12:06 PM ET

I have just realized that @WastelandWanderer is twice in the draft order

"I was involved in a robbery with Mike Beltran"

mmawizzard
mmawizzard

12.28.2022 | 12:15 PM ET

Here is the link to the draft for tomorrow
https://www.tapology.com/forum/threads/71238?page=1#post-1179263

"Wizzard of Tapology"

mmawizzard
mmawizzard

12.28.2022 | 12:17 PM ET

It's fixed it the other thread. Appreciate it

"Wizzard of Tapology"

CaptnKbec
CaptnKbec
  • Predictions:  2,180  |  65.5%
  • Forum Posts:  172
  • Post Score: 359

12.29.2022 | 6:12 PM ET

I don't see my handle in the draft order

"You say ‘I play basketball, I play hockey’ but you don’t play fighting. It’s not a game. - GSP"

CaptnKbec
CaptnKbec
  • Predictions:  2,180  |  65.5%
  • Forum Posts:  172
  • Post Score: 359

12.29.2022 | 6:20 PM ET

NVM just saw the new thread

"You say ‘I play basketball, I play hockey’ but you don’t play fighting. It’s not a game. - GSP"

Page 5

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Bad Left Hook : ‘My son got down on you’: Bill Haney and Floyd Mayweather get into heated argument online
  • Middle Easy : Maycee Barber Details Parking Lot Incident With ‘Crazy Lady’, Says She Texted Dana White About Possibly Going To Jail
  • MMA Junkie : Mike Perry targets fights with Jake Paul and 'fat b*tch' Darren Till if successful at BKFC KnuckleMania 4
  • Jits Magazine : Star-Studded Lineup Confirmed For UFC Fight Pass Invitational 7
  • MMA Junkie : UFC on ESPN 55 commentary team, broadcast plans set: New trio calls action from cageside for first time
  • MMAFighting.com : The 2024 MMA Draft: Which 35 fighters are the best building blocks for MMA promotions?
  • MMA Mania : Gaethje Didn’t Realize ‘How Much Danger I Was In’ Against Holloway
  • MMA Junkie : UFC returns to Manchester for UFC 304 on July 27
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 304 announced for Manchester this summer
  • MMAFighting.com : Morning Report: Ryan Garcia admits health concerns were all an act: ‘I was not gonna budge for nobody’
  • MMA Mania : Barber Was Ready To ‘Lay This Lady Out’ In Viral Video
  • MMA Junkie : Video: 'UFC on ESPN 55: Nicolau vs. Perez' media day live stream (2:45 p.m. ET)
  • UFC.com : UFC Makes Highly Anticipated Return To Manchester On July 27 With UFC 304
  • Middle Easy : ‘MMA Media Hates Me,’ Ronda Rousey Reacts To Career Backlash & ‘How Happily Everybody Turned’ On UFC Star
  • MMA Mania : Midnight Mania: It PAYS To Be King
  • Middle Easy : Ryan Garcia Reveals His ‘Crazy’ Behavior Was a Publicity Stunt Planned Months in Advance
  • MMA Mania : ‘99.9%’ Chance Edwards Vs. Muhammad 2 Happens At UFC 304
  • MMA Junkie : The 10 largest UFC attendances in history
  • MMA Mania : ‘MMA Media Hates Me, It’s Fine’
  • Middle Easy : Jiri Prochazka Doubles Down On Callout For Alex Pereira Rematch At UFC 301: ‘I Think I Deserve It’