Topic: UFC Fight Night

UFC Fight Night: Muniz vs. Allen

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Tapology
Tapology
  • Predictions:  0  |  0.0%
  • Forum Posts:  32,926
  • Post Score: 47

11.10.2022 | 10:12 PM ET

The official Tapology discussion thread for the event!
UFC Fight Night
Bout   Info
Brendan Allen   defeats   André Muniz   via Submission, Rear Naked Choke   4:25 Round 3 of 3, 14:25 Total Bout Page
Augusto Sakai   defeats   Don'Tale Mayes   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Tatiana Suarez   defeats   Montana De La Rosa   via Submission, Guillotine Choke   2:51 Round 2 of 3, 7:51 Total Bout Page
Mike Malott   defeats   Yohan Lainesse   via Submission, Arm Triangle Choke   4:15 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Trevor Peek   defeats   Erick Gonzalez   via KO/TKO, Punches   4:59 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Jasmine Jasudavicius   defeats   Gabriella Fernandes   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Jordan Leavitt   defeats   Victor Martinez   via KO/TKO, Knees and Punches   2:33 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Ode Osbourne   defeats   Charles Johnson   via Decision, Split   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Joe Solecki   defeats   Carl Deaton III   via Submission, Rear Naked Choke   4:55 Round 2 of 3, 9:55 Total Bout Page
Nurullo Aliev   defeats   Rafael Alves   via Decision, Majority   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page

Responses Page 46

foppa420
foppa420
  • Predictions:  2,045  |  64.9%
  • Forum Posts:  2,963
  • Post Score: 137

02.25.2023 | 10:21 AM ET

Prelims

Predictions: 6 of 10 Winners, 2 Perfect, 420 Points   |   Tied for 1764th

Gonzalez vs. Peek
Peek, KO
Undefeated fighter with 100% finish rate vs. guy who's lost both his UFC fights so far by stoppage. Not gonna overthink this or any of Peeks fights for that matter until he gives me a reason not too.

Fernandez vs. Jasudavicius
Fernandez, DEC
Full transperancy I've done very little research on this one. Fernandez coming in with back to back subs is convincing enough for me against Jasudavicius. I distinctly remember being very unimpressed with Jasudavicius in her last fight and her UFC win thus far isn't ageing well. Coin flip low level WMMA.

Leavitt vs. Martinez

Leavitt, SUB
I think anyone taking Martinez hoping for a knockout is truly brave. I don't see how anyone could have such confidence in somebody whos been so inactive. I do find it interesting DK has this as a pick-em fight ever so slightly favoring Martinez while every other book has Leavitt slightly favored. Leavitt might be unorthodox and kind of cringe but he's an above average fighter who should continue to serve as a great gate keeper in argueably the most stacked division in the promotion. Leavitts grappling being better than Martinez's will matter more than Martinez's striking being better than Leavitts. Leavitt has decent enough striking to avoid getting flash KO'd by a guy who probably wouldn't even be in the UFC if he fought Tucker Lutz on DWCS like he was scheduled to.

Osebourne vs. Johnson
Johnson, DEC
I like InnerG's chances at a finish even on short notice. I think Ode has enough skill to hang but there's a serious gap in the striking here for me. There's an even bigger gap in fight IQ. I think the odds on this one are only close because it's a short notice catchweight fight. I will give Ode the benefit of the doubt and say he hangs on but loses decidedly. There will be at least one 30-27 score-card for InnerG if this goes 15. Inner-G is an entire level above Ode right now in my opinion.

Solecki vs. Deaton III
Solecki, SUB
Deaton is scrappy but he's not a UFC caliber lightweight with how stacked this division is. Not much to say here because the odds speak for themselves. Solecki will have a huge skill advantage in the grappling/wrestling department ontop of a nice physical advantage in size. I will seriously question Solecki's overall ceiling if he can't get a finish here. The UFC has given him a perfect opponent to make a statement win with.

Aliev vs. Alves
Aliev, DEC
I think Aliev is the real deal. His grappling and the way he chains different MMA disciplines together is really impressive. He just needs to be active and keep taking fights like this. I think the grappling advantage for Aliev will definitely be enough for him to win. The reports of Alves having issues with his hands is definitely a turn off. I know Diakiese can really wrestle and Alves put him in his place but Aliev is an entire level above that already.

Tieoken
Tieoken
  • Predictions:  1,977  |  59.0%
  • Forum Posts:  3,620
  • Post Score: 313

02.25.2023 | 10:26 AM ET

Grappling, fight IQ, and cardio do all favor Mallot. No contention there, I think you just said vehemently disagree with me after essentially agreeing with me.

Mallot can stand with Lainesse but it would make the fight a lot closer than the odds indicate. The odds are this way because Lainesse is only live under two conditions: it’s standing and in round 1.

"I’m here to snatch necks and cash checks" - Darrick Minner

ModestMan
ModestMan
  • Predictions:  543  |  63.4%
  • Forum Posts:  1,870
  • Post Score: 116

02.25.2023 | 10:52 AM ET

foppa

Predictions: 6 of 7 Winners, 2 Perfect, 390 Points   |   Tied for 2211th

Spann always does that and he was laughing at one of his teammates joking with him about it

"WMMA = 50/50 no matter the odds"

FallenAngel
FallenAngel
  • Predictions:  5,776  |  70.9%
  • Forum Posts:  281
  • Post Score: 127

02.25.2023 | 10:52 AM ET

UFC Fight Night: Krylov vs. Spann | Full Card Fight Picks in 3 Minutes

Predictions: 6 of 10 Winners, 3 Perfect, 440 Points   |   Tied for 1442nd

"Every second is a gift"

foppa420
foppa420

02.25.2023 | 11:18 AM ET

@Tieoken

Now that I've re-read your comment on top of you clarifying, "vehemently" was probably too strong. We're basically on the same page. I will just contend by saying Lainesse looked really good on the scales and while I obviously don't know the specifics of what he's been working on, I have to imagine he's aware by now how much of an issue his cardio is. I don't know that it's fair to say he's only dangerous in round 1 but I do think it's fair to say he's exponentially less dangerous in round 3, if it gets that far, until proven otherwise.

I also just think Mallot is so much crisper and faster on the feet that he could easily knock Lainesse out without having to rely on his other skills. Lainesse got out-brawled by Gabe Green, who while I personally think is under-rated just proves to me you've already been beaten at your own game at the UFC level. Mallot isn't going to brawl with Lainesse. But again, I think we're on the same page.

I'm actually super pumped for this fight specifically. I really hope this fight and the Peek/Gonzalez fight deliver and are as entertaining as most of us think they'll be. 
foppa420
foppa420

02.25.2023 | 11:29 AM ET

@Modestmouse

Idk man I'm frequently extremely baked myself. I am right now as a matter of fact. Those looked like stoner giggles to me. Or maybe I'm just too high already before noon.

(it's all but certainly the latter)
OddSmokerSteve
OddSmokerSteve
  • Predictions:  745  |  64.0%
  • Forum Posts:  136
  • Post Score: -103

02.25.2023 | 11:57 AM ET

UFC Vegas 70: Parlay of the Week

Predictions: 7 of 10 Winners, 3 Perfect, 490 Points   |   Tied for 663rd

Suarez ITD + Muniz by Sub + Spann ML = +1135

Run straight or dial back the methods for "safer" alternatives, best of luck to all the bettors today!

Full Picks & Predictions for today: https://oddsmokermma.com/2023/02/24/ufc-vegas-70-krylov-vs-spann-picks-predictions-best-bets/

"Check us out for free MMA Picks, Predictions, Analysis, Bets & More"

foppa420
foppa420

02.25.2023 | 12:02 PM ET

Main card

Krylov vs. Spann
Krylov, SUB
Spann has great power because he's a massive LHW like Johnny Walker but skill for skill this isn't close for me.

Muniz vs. Allen
Muinz, SUB
Allen is technically a better kickboxer but the striking difference in this fight, if one exists at all, is negligent. Muniz is better than Allen at everything else. Allen will eventually foolishly entertain grappling with Muniz. GG.

Sakai vs. Mayes
Mayes, DEC
Skill for skill Sakai is without question the much better fighter, but 4 KO's in 23 months at heavyweight is life altering damage. I also find it hard to ignore Mayes has been training with Jon Jones and have to think surrounding yourself with someone of that caliber theoretically should help you improve as a fighter.

Suarez vs. De La Rosa
Suarez, SUB
Unless Suarez completey forgot how to fight she should win this fight no problem. Another 30-27 on at least two score-cards if it goes that far, but I see Suarez ending this one inside rounds 1-2 however she wants.

Malott vs. Lainesse

Malott, SUB
30-27 but very good chance for a finish. Lainesse is extremley tough but is essentially just an above average brawler. Malott is much more skilled. I think he pieces Lainesse up until he is forced to try and clinch, shoot or just change up the pace of the fight. Malott could just win by dropping hammers but I see him finding Lainesse's back at some point. 

Bobbygking
Bobbygking
  • Predictions:  546  |  70.5%
  • Forum Posts:  39
  • Post Score: 44

02.25.2023 | 12:03 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 6 of 7 Winners, 1 Perfect, 355 Points   |   Tied for 2712th

Fernandes vs. Jasudavicius
Jasmine Jasudavicius, DEC
Wrestling

Harbinger
Harbinger
  • Predictions:  182  |  67.6%
  • Forum Posts:  135
  • Post Score: 71

02.25.2023 | 12:12 PM ET

Predictions: 5 of 10 Winners, 1 Perfect, 300 Points   |   Tied for 3345th

If anyone is looking to add some more spice to their parlays, Jake Paul is fighting a can on Sunday and is only a small favorite (currently -155, was -180 and -170 over the past couple days). These are amazing odds for a fixed fight.
gliese58i
gliese58i
  • Predictions:  1,386  |  65.2%
  • Forum Posts:  10,320
  • Post Score: 129

02.25.2023 | 12:21 PM ET

@Noxx

Predictions: 6 of 10 Winners, 3 Perfect, 430 Points   |   Tied for 1605th

Yeah Solecki seems like an obvious pick but I just don't know a ton about his opponent. Suarez is facing someone I know quite well so that is the only reason I only mentioned her. 

Regarding my own picks/bets I'm mostly fine with them. Ode is the sketchy one since I actually think the matchup is quite in favor of InnerG and I'm mostly value betting there.

"She’ll go there and smash her. She’ll get a title shot, become a UFC champion. We have a Ronda Rousey on steroids. This is what we have.” - Ali Abdelaziz on Kayla Harrison

GreenTeaEnthusiast
GreenTeaEnthusiast

02.25.2023 | 12:22 PM ET

@Tieoken

Predictions: 5 of 10 Winners, 0 Perfect, 295 Points   |   Tied for 3400th

Perhaps I could've worded my point a little better, but I stand by it.

Whilst I agree that Malott's best chances are on the ground rather than the feet, I also agree with what Foppa said - I do think that should it stay standing, Malott is far faster, more accurate and technically sound than Yohan. Yohan has a power advantage, but I could see Malott landing first on the counter and putting him out. Think Condit vs Hardy.
AxaFin
AxaFin
  • Predictions:  1,499  |  59.6%
  • Forum Posts:  1,798
  • Post Score: 144

02.25.2023 | 12:34 PM ET

Predictions: 5 of 10 Winners, 2 Perfect, 365 Points   |   Tied for 2679th

Educate me why Krylov is not the Tapology favourite even though he has faced better competition in his recent fights.

"I've lost 7000€ on Jared Cannonier."

GreenTeaEnthusiast
GreenTeaEnthusiast

02.25.2023 | 12:39 PM ET

@AxaFin

Predictions: 5 of 10 Winners, 0 Perfect, 295 Points   |   Tied for 3400th

Well, Krylov is the Tap favorite lol

But I will say this: his decision-making is really poor sometimes. And that puts him in jeopardy in nearly every fight. Recently though, it's been looking better, and he seems to be more mature as a fighter, but I can't be too sure with him.

I do think he should tear through Spann though. I don't see Spann as capable of taking clean shots on the chin from him, and I don't see him able to pressure and counter Krylov's awkward striking style. Barring a random guillotine off a takedown from Spann, I think Krylov takes this one fairly easily.
Noxx
Noxx
  • Predictions:  954  |  62.1%
  • Forum Posts:  3,038
  • Post Score: 159

02.25.2023 | 12:45 PM ET

Predictions: 7 of 10 Winners, 1 Perfect, 435 Points   |   Tied for 1538th

gliese58i  I have been going back and forth with some of my picks. This card has a couple of fights that could go either way and could potentially be parlay busters

"Learning is a gift, even when pain is your teacher"

Noxx
Noxx
  • Predictions:  954  |  62.1%
  • Forum Posts:  3,038
  • Post Score: 159

02.25.2023 | 12:57 PM ET

Predictions: 7 of 10 Winners, 1 Perfect, 435 Points   |   Tied for 1538th

GreenTeaEnthusiast  I agree. His fight against Craig is a perfect example of that. I also want to add that he's very hittable and always takes a bunch of damage in his fights. Which worries me a bit, although he seems to have a good chin. Oezdemir and Walker are both power punchers and both of them tagged him pretty good, but weren't able to finish him. So with that in mind; why would Spann? I don't consider Spann a better fighter than Oezdemir or Walker... yet.

* Edited at 02.25.2023, 12:58 PM ET *

"Learning is a gift, even when pain is your teacher"

Am88
Am88
  • Predictions:  1,193  |  60.1%
  • Forum Posts:  21
  • Post Score: -29

02.25.2023 | 1:11 PM ET

Predictions: 6 of 10 Winners, 3 Perfect, 440 Points   |   Tied for 1442nd

"“Ideals are peaceful, History is violent.”"

TheRealRambo21
TheRealRambo21
  • Predictions:  147  |  65.3%
  • Forum Posts:  4
  • Post Score: -50

02.25.2023 | 1:21 PM ET

Predictions: 4 of 10 Winners, 0 Perfect, 200 Points   |   Tied for 3826th

How did you do this picture like this 
ModestMan
ModestMan
  • Predictions:  543  |  63.4%
  • Forum Posts:  1,870
  • Post Score: 116

02.25.2023 | 1:50 PM ET

Allen - Muniz

Predictions: 6 of 7 Winners, 2 Perfect, 390 Points   |   Tied for 2211th

Allen will try to “prove” he can out grapple Muniz and lose, he’ll let Muniz takedown with the mindset of “oh yeah you wanna take me down, watch this” only for there to be nothing to watch besides him getting controlled and possibly subbed

"WMMA = 50/50 no matter the odds"

2023.02.25 1:58 PM ET

event start time updated

From Saturday, February 25 at 4:00pm ET to Saturday, February 25 at 4:30pm ET
lldowntoearthll
lldowntoearthll
  • Predictions:  3,926  |  60.5%
  • Forum Posts:  1,375
  • Post Score: 39

02.25.2023 | 2:06 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 5 of 10 Winners, 2 Perfect, 340 Points   |   Tied for 2986th

Krylov vs. Spann
Nikita Krylov, SUB, R3
i feel like they're both incredibly dangerous in r1, but krylov is more dangerous afterwards and i'm not sure spann gets the jon done early so i'll say nikita takes advantage once spann tires from the early bursts.

Muniz vs. Allen
André Muniz, DEC
muniz might be outgunned if he can't force his way inside and find the back, but seeing malkoun get so many opportunities against allen makes me think muniz will get his share too.

Sakai vs. Mayes
Don'Tale Mayes, TKO, R2
to be fair, sakai's last four opponents would have ko'd mayes too, but what really sways me here is that sakai was taken down officially 6 times by spivac (understandable) while mayes took parisian down 6 times himself so i just think mayes figures to have more options in the fight. also may have more power and certainly less current mileage on his chin.

Suarez vs. De La Rosa
Tatiana Suarez, TKO, R1
montana will probably be too eager to engage in a clinch/scramble but competent enough to avoid getting choked so instead she'll just get gnp'd until the ref says enough.

Malott vs. Lainesse
Mike Malott, SUB, R2
not sure what kinda volume to expect from yohan after the weeks fight, might not be enough if malott can apply the pressure.

Gonzalez vs. Peek
Trevor Peek, TKO, R1
certainly looks like a setup, but maybe erick can use his range better than anticipated. but having gotten caught 2 fights in a row, i'll go with the setup option.

Fernandes vs. Jasudavicius
Gabriella Fernandes, SUB, R2
feeling like fernandes will get to decide where to take the fight and jas will be stuck adjusting.

Leavitt vs. Martinez
Victor Martinez, TKO, R2
gonna take a chance and say victor can avoid getting backpacked.

Osbourne vs. Johnson
Charles Johnson, TKO, R2
thinking charles will fight too clean to get caught in ode's explosive moments.

Solecki vs. Deaton III
Joe Solecki, DEC
assuming he can take it down, it's possible joe just outclasses deaton on the ground but i'll say he can survive.

Aliev vs. Alves
Nurullo Aliev, DEC
guess i'm expecting early explosion into a sub attempt from alves, but for aliev to survive and take over?

Page 46

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Jits Magazine : Gordon Ryan Says He’s ‘Embarrassingly Weak’ In Health Update
  • MMA Mania : Moldavsky Vs. Vassell 2 Headlines PFL Uncasville
  • Jits Magazine : Action-Packed Divisions All Round At ADCC Sydney Open 2024
  • MMA Mania : Midnight Mania: And New Super Lightweight Champion?
  • MMA Mania : Nurmagomedov Injured, Bellator Paris Title Fight Paused
  • MMA Mania : Doumbe Inks PFL Extension, Returns At Bellator Paris
  • MMA Junkie : Ben Rothwell hopes Mark Hunt signing with BKFC materializes, wants rematch that 'brings eyes'
  • Middle Easy : Ryan Garcia Banks Big Money After Placing a $2 Million Bet on Himself to Defeat Devin Haney
  • MMA Junkie : Murad Ramazanov lauds Nurmagomedov training discipline for fast start in PFL debut
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘This is going to make him a way bigger superstar’: Trainer talks Garcia’s big win over Haney
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘This is going to make him a way bigger superstar’: Trainer talks Ryan Garcia’s big win over Devin Haney
  • MMA Mania : ‘This Could Be A Career Death Sentence’
  • MMAFighting.com : DC calls for McGregor vs. Chandler to be 165-pound ‘super lightweight’ title fight
  • MMA Mania : ‘Be Prepared To Bleed, Rainbow!’
  • Bad Left Hook : Pitbull Cruz, Andy Ruiz Jr, Santa Cruz vs Mares 3 on Crawford undercard
  • Middle Easy : Jamahal Hill Says He ‘Took No Damage’ Against Alex Pereira, Plans To Take Out ‘Frustrations’ Against Khalil Rountree Jr
  • MMA Junkie : Savannah Marshall's MMA debut opponent revealed as full 2024 PFL Europe 2 lineup announced
  • Middle Easy : Chael Sonnen Shuts Down Chances Of Conor McGregor and Michael Chandler Fighting For Proposed 165-Pound Title
  • MMAFighting.com : BKFC owners at Triller acquired by Hong Kong-based finance company in $4 billion merger
  • MMA Junkie : The Ryan Garcia show is ready to take off after upset of Devin Haney | Opinion