Topic: UFC Fight Night

UFC Fight Night: Andrade vs. Blanchfield

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Tapology
Tapology
  • Predictions:  0  |  0.0%
  • Forum Posts:  32,821
  • Post Score: 47

10.28.2022 | 6:03 PM ET

The official Tapology discussion thread for the event!
UFC Fight Night
Bout   Info
Erin Blanchfield   defeats   Jéssica Andrade   via Submission, Rear Naked Choke   1:37 Round 2 of 5, 6:37 Total Bout Page
Zac Pauga   defeats   Jordan Wright   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Jamal Pogues   defeats   Josh Parisian   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Marcin Prachnio   defeats   William Knight   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Alexander Hernandez   defeats   Jim Miller   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Nazim Sadykhov   defeats   Evan Elder   via KO/TKO, Doctor Stoppage (cut)   0:38 Round 3 of 3, 10:38 Total Bout Page
Mayra Bueno Silva   defeats   Lina Länsberg   via Submission, Kneebar   4:45 Round 2 of 3, 9:45 Total Bout Page
Jamall Emmers   defeats   Khusein Askhabov   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Philipe Lins   defeats   Ovince St. Preux   via KO/TKO, Punches   0:49 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
AJ Fletcher   defeats   Themba Gorimbo   via Submission, Guillotine Choke   1:37 Round 2 of 3, 6:37 Total Bout Page
Clayton Carpenter   defeats   Juancamilo Ronderos   via Submission, Rear Naked Choke   3:13 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page

Responses Page 8

paulopasta
paulopasta

02.10.2023 | 9:51 AM ET

Predictions: 7 of 11 Winners, 2 Perfect, 440 Points   |   Tied for 1479th

Not really, Parisian is next level terrible and Pogues while not being the most entertaining at least has some skills
AyyLmaonnaise
AyyLmaonnaise
  • Predictions:  15,811  |  67.4%
  • Forum Posts:  31,959
  • Post Score: 87

02.10.2023 | 10:25 AM ET

Predictions: 8 of 11 Winners, 2 Perfect, 535 Points   |   Tied for 354th

I’m pretty confident in Pouges. All you need to beat parisian is to not be a total can

"“Unfortunately you can’t talk like that on FOX” - Joe Rogan"

joepoeta
joepoeta
  • Predictions:  3,493  |  61.3%
  • Forum Posts:  13
  • Post Score: 200

02.11.2023 | 6:44 PM ET

Predictions: 7 of 11 Winners, 1 Perfect, 415 Points   |   Tied for 1778th

Taila is out...Blanchfield x Andrade now

* Edited at 02.11.2023, 6:45 PM ET *

"When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."

TLRulebender
TLRulebender

02.11.2023 | 6:56 PM ET

Predictions: 8 of 11 Winners, 3 Perfect, 530 Points   |   Tied for 382nd

UFC you dumb****s, you match Jessica vs Erin? Why? Jessica is gonna murder Erin easily 

* Edited at 02.11.2023, 8:13 PM ET *

2023.02.11 7:17 PM ET

bout status update

Santos vs. Blanchfield Changed from Confirmed to Cancelled
2023.02.11 7:18 PM ET

bout announced

Jéssica Andrade vs. Erin Blanchfield at 125 lbs (56.7 kg)
Joshjeffords
Joshjeffords
  • Predictions:  4,252  |  64.2%
  • Forum Posts:  6,242
  • Post Score: 137

02.11.2023 | 7:33 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 6 of 10 Winners, 2 Perfect, 400 Points   |   Tied for 2085th

Andrade vs. Blanchfield
Erin Blanchfield, SUB, R2
Sub city with ranch please thanks

"Weasel Piss *********" Dan Hooker

TLRulebender
TLRulebender

02.11.2023 | 8:14 PM ET

Also who tf even sanctioned this? We already had Marcin Prachnio getting his ass murdered by Willy Knightmare. Now they book a guy vs Erin, like cmon how many sanctioned murderers can we take? 
loudenSwain
loudenSwain
  • Predictions:  15,071  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  6,313
  • Post Score: 283

02.11.2023 | 9:24 PM ET

Predictions: 8 of 11 Winners, 1 Perfect, 455 Points   |   Tied for 1141st

I like Anik and maybe not “blue chip prospect” but the way he’s describing Volk as a come outta nowhere take this absolute malarkey. He was national wrestling champ and pro rugby player lots of us were excited to see him in the UFC. I always thought he had champion potential and so did others at the time. 

Lol wrong thread

* Edited at 02.11.2023, 10:00 PM ET *

"This is Prize-Fighting, IDGAF about your family or your problems - MassaBruce"

brandonk
brandonk
  • Predictions:  3,831  |  62.6%
  • Forum Posts:  376
  • Post Score: 93

02.12.2023 | 4:25 AM ET

Predictions: 6 of 11 Winners, 0 Perfect, 315 Points   |   Tied for 3102nd

Such bad matchmaking give Blanchfield time to build ***!
Loganarsenal
Loganarsenal
  • Predictions:  6,484  |  71.6%
  • Forum Posts:  97
  • Post Score: 193

02.12.2023 | 5:38 AM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 8 of 11 Winners, 1 Perfect, 425 Points   |   Tied for 1631st

Parisian vs. Pogues
Jamal Pogues, DEC
22% have clearly never watched Josh Parisian. He is unbelievably bad.

Loganarsenal
Loganarsenal
  • Predictions:  6,484  |  71.6%
  • Forum Posts:  97
  • Post Score: 193

02.12.2023 | 5:41 AM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 8 of 11 Winners, 1 Perfect, 425 Points   |   Tied for 1631st

Andrade vs. Blanchfield
Jéssica Andrade, DEC
Blanchfield is a huge prospect and a future champ in my opinion. She could show that in this fight, but I think this is too early for her. Andrade still on another level.

Richmond1724
Richmond1724
  • Predictions:  5,163  |  75.1%
  • Forum Posts:  103
  • Post Score: 147

02.12.2023 | 8:53 AM ET

Predictions: 5 of 11 Winners, 1 Perfect, 330 Points   |   Tied for 3029th

Step to soon if andrade stops the takedown she’s going to knock Erin blanchfield out the striking difference is huge way to kill the prospect 

AyyLmaonnaise
AyyLmaonnaise

02.12.2023 | 9:04 AM ET

Prediction Comments

Sadykhov vs. Elder
Nazim Sadykhov, DEC
I was impressed with sadykhov on dwcs, but after watching the rest of his fights I’m honestly not sure what to think. He comes from a great camp and has a well rounded skillset, but something just looks off. On the regionals, he seems pretty bad at controlling his opponents for long periods of time and he also would have them in bad positions and not finish the fight. He just seems a little green. Then on the other hand you have elder who is decent, but fought nobody. He showed he’s always in shape and very tough on dwcs. He’s your average wrestler turned striker from Sanford. He will definitely have a better showing coming down a weight class too. I’ll have to look into this more but leaning nazim 

Ronderos vs. Carpenter
Clayton Carpenter, SUB, R2
Very excited for carpenters debut. He has a deep background in combat sports and was one of the hottest regional flyweights before winning on dwcs. He’s very atheltic and has skills everywhere the fight goes. Clean striking, good power, very solid wrestling, great bjj. I was impressed with the adjustments he made on dwcs to dig deep and win against a taller more dangerous opponent. Ronderos may have improved in his time off, but he’s still not really ufc level. He got pushed way too fast. He was only 4-0 when he got signed and his previous win was a robbery where he couldnt take down Shelton for 5 rounds. Ronderos doesn’t really have great striking, so that’s already an advantage for Clayton, and ronderos’s whole game plan is close the distance and try to submit you. I think Clayton is just better anywhere the fight goes

Länsberg vs. Bueno Silva
Mayra Bueno Silva, SUB, R1
I’m honestly surprised Lansberg is even still fighting. She’s beyond washed. The only thing she does anymore is land one elbow that drops her opponent and then does nothing else the rest of the fight. Almost 0 output, she’s slow, and if you grapple she does nothing. I actually think burno silva is quite good, but she does fight like an idiot. She marches forward and uses her strength to walk you down and lands bombs. I could see her getting clipped by a Lansberg elbow on the way in, but the pressure and power of her striking should make the difference. I also doubt Lansberg can match her intense pace for three rounds. She almost never offensively grapples, but if she chooses too, silva will win easily if she uses her bjj

St. Preux vs. Lins
Ovince St. Preux, DEC
I get the osp fade but I think this is one of those fights he wins. Lins physically looks like a new man but he doesn’t fight like it. Despite winning his last fight, I thought he looked so awful. He was tired as all hell and was getting rocked multiple times, but used his wrestling to win. His wrestling really isn’t that good but his opponent had no tdd. Osp on the other hand is washed af and might be the slowest fighter on the roster. He stands there doing nothing and just throws leg kicks and jabs. He does still have some powet but 0 killer instinct. I hope someone gets finished so this one doesn’t last long

Fletcher vs. Gorimbo
AJ Fletcher, TKO, R2
I think this is a great fight for aj to get his first ufc w. I have no clue why gorimbo was signed, he’s really bad. The only good quality he has is his length and that’s pretty much it. His striking is alright but he leaves himself open all the time and does not have a good chin. Almost every fight I see he’s getting rocked or dropped. Another thing I don’t like is his tdd. He can’t defend to save his life and will stay on his back all fight if he gets taken down. Aj’s biggest issue is the size disadvantage and lack of gas tank, besides that I think he’s better everywhere and will finish gorimbo inside the distance

Emmers vs. Askhabov
Khusein Askhabov, SUB, R2
I’m like 99% certain Askhabov is a fraud and I’m really tempted to fade him here but idk if I can bring myself to do it. Emmers is honestly pretty skilled but never fights and is coming off of a bad injury. He can do a little bit of everything but is best on the feet. Khusein seems to have skills everywhere; really solid and explosive wrestling, good striking, decent bjj. I hate how he will give up position to do a heel hook, as I think that’s pretty low level. Also don’t know what his gas tank looks like. This is just a big stay away fight. I doubt it even happens tbh

* Edited at 02.12.2023, 9:05 AM ET *

TLRulebender
TLRulebender

02.12.2023 | 9:18 AM ET

Honestly WFLW is the worst division that exists in the UFC. (HOT TAKE ALERT) It was supposed to help former Strawweighters who just could not hack it anymore in their division. Yet when FLW came into existence we had Liz Carmouche, Jessica Eye and Valentina Shevchenko (to name a few there were some more if im not mistaken) and guess what? Deflated BW in Val just became a champion there. This division is the biggest joke in MMA history. Why am I not taking women's featherweight into consideration? uhh? Is it even a division? Oh wait its just Amanda Nunes retirement waiting room and once Amanda retires the division is gonna be removed altogether unless they got in Kayla Harrison there (She is able to fight make weight for FTW, of that I am sure) 
AyyLmaonnaise
AyyLmaonnaise

02.12.2023 | 9:20 AM ET

Prediction Comments

Andrade vs. Blanchfield
Erin Blanchfield, SUB, R3
This is honestly a way better main event, much more interesting too. I also feel like it’s (somehow) a better fight for Erin. Andrade is like the joe b or porier of the women’s division. Not good enough to be champ (yes Ik she was) but totally dominated everyone who isn’t the champ. She’s one of the strongest and scariest girls on the roster. She constantly fights everyone, hits like a bus, has never ending cardio, and can grapple well too. With Erin, I think she is the real deal, but man this is a step up. She has solid striking but I don’t think she will do much against Andrade. She should use her kicks more here since there’s a size disadvantage. Where it gets very interesting is the grappling. Andrade has great grappling but we have seen that she can be taken down and destiryed. Now, that’s easier said than done, but it shows a path to victory for Erin. If she can get the take down, this fight will probably be over quick. On the feet is Andrade all day tho. I have to look into this more but I’ll go with Erin for now

Pauga vs. Wright
Zac Pauga, TKO, R2
This is such a freak show fight. Happy pauga id getting another shot because I thought he was wrecking Usman before getting caught (and is also the wya better fighter). Even though he’s older, I think pauga has a great skillset. He’s a diverse striker with good output, and can also wrestle very well. He’s cardio is also great for a bigger guy, as he trains at team elevation. I have no idea what Jordan Wright is thinking going up a weight class, especially vs a guy who fought at 265. I do have some concerns about pauga’s chin, and wright does hit hard, but wright has no chin or defense to really speak of. I think pauga will just use his size advantage and wrestle wright to get a gnp ko

Knight vs. Prachnio
William Knight, TKO, R1
I am a big believer in fading William knight, but I can’t help but love him here. I think both these guys are ****, but prachnio is on another level of bad. He starts out hot, throwing lots of body kicks and using his movement well in round 1. This is the biggest worry for me because knight doesn’t have any defense, and those body shots could add up early on. However, just about the only think prachnio does well is be aggressive. He has a glass jaw, no cardio, and no defense. He’s just a glass cannon. I mean, knight has nothing but strength and physicality, but prachnio is just bad. He cannot take punches and just iverall can’t fight. Knight could take him down pretty easily too if he wants. At least this one should be sloppy and dumb lol

Parisian vs. Pogues
Jamal Pogues, DEC
Anyone with a pulse can beta Parisian. I think pogues is ****, but at least he’s shown to have some resemblance of skills. All Parisian is good for is taking an ass whooping. Pogues should have better striking and can mix in wrestling if he wants, which will destory parker. I really don’t like pogues at 265, he looks so slow and lazy but he should beat parisian ez

Miller vs. Hernandez
Alexander Hernandez, TKO, R1
I find this fight very interesting. Hernandez looks amazing for one round, then he fades out hard. In round one, he’s very fast and used his footwork well. He throws absolute bombs and also uses his wrestling and mixes in gnp when he can. However, once he leaves round one he just fails. His cardio is not good and he just starts to eat punches. Miller is on a nice win streak, but it is against lesser guys and you can see that the age is catching up with him. He’s still got veteran prowess, but he’s slower, the gas tank isn’t what it used to be, and he doesn’t take punches as well. I think it’s alex however he wants in round 1, and after that miller will do whatever he wants. If it goes to round 3 this could get really ugly as both will be tired. I hate picking the guy who has one round to win, but I honestly think he has a great chance esrly on. He will be much faster than miller

GreenTeaEnthusiast
GreenTeaEnthusiast

02.12.2023 | 9:27 AM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 9 of 11 Winners, 1 Perfect, 475 Points   |   Tied for 915th

Andrade vs. Blanchfield
Erin Blanchfield, TKO, R3
My picks haven't been has hot as they used to. I can't seem to touch the 70% range again, so I'm gonna try to put aside some time for research here. This is a gargantuan step-up for Erin. However, she's a lot larger by frame and she's a distinguished prospect, I think. Not many other prospects are as calculated as her. I think she'll win the first few rounds in a lackluster manner, pressing Andrade up against the fence and stifling her with clinch work. Once it starts to wear on her, I think she can lay hold of Andrade's hips and drag her down to the ground. Once she's stuck in a crucifix, I don't see Jessica being able to power her way out from underneath. Also, Erin's angles of shooting are very challenging for somebody like Jessica to time her planted-feet hooks on. Should be a great test though.

Pauga vs. Wright
Zac Pauga, TKO, R1
Don't see Wright being able to do much before getting absolutely bludgeoned. Light heavy is not the place to be.

Miller vs. Hernandez
Alexander Hernandez, TKO, R1
Hernandez is just a very dangerous guy in the first round - he's explosive, he's somewhat unpredictable and he's able to find the target with progressively greater accuracy after the first few lands. If he can't put Miller away quickly, then it's not going to be pretty for him. But I do think he should be able to blast him away early with that straight left. Miller is wild with his hooks, and all looping punches in general.

* Edited at 02.12.2023, 9:28 AM ET *

Areisius
Areisius
  • Predictions:  4,175  |  59.0%
  • Forum Posts:  230
  • Post Score: 67

02.12.2023 | 9:50 AM ET

Erin is going to

Predictions: 6 of 11 Winners, 0 Perfect, 330 Points   |   Tied for 2996th

put that **** down and dominate her! 
foppa420
foppa420
  • Predictions:  2,045  |  64.9%
  • Forum Posts:  2,952
  • Post Score: 137

02.12.2023 | 10:16 AM ET

Predictions: 8 of 11 Winners, 2 Perfect, 520 Points   |   Tied for 453rd

What a gift for Blanchfield. This is a way more winnable fight than Santos was. Totally fine with them re-booking that fight after this one though. 

Gonna be really interesting to see who gets the next title shot out of Blanchfield, Santos, and Fiorot.
baremaras
baremaras
  • Predictions:  3,102  |  71.7%
  • Forum Posts:  1,757
  • Post Score: -18

02.12.2023 | 11:19 AM ET

Predictions: 8 of 11 Winners, 1 Perfect, 495 Points   |   Tied for 666th

really liking the odds on some of these matchups so far except the wmma fight, always feeling a little iffy when a woman is that big of a favorite
gliese58i
gliese58i
  • Predictions:  1,386  |  65.2%
  • Forum Posts:  10,312
  • Post Score: 129

02.12.2023 | 11:27 AM ET

Predictions: 9 of 11 Winners, 1 Perfect, 490 Points   |   Tied for 697th

UFC scraping the barrel again here. My god what an ugly card. Only the main event is exciting. I mean Zac Pauga vs Jordan Wright is the co-main, and the fight just before that is Knight vs Prachnio, let that sink in. Holy **** the UFC has reached new depths.

"She’ll go there and smash her. She’ll get a title shot, become a UFC champion. We have a Ronda Rousey on steroids. This is what we have.” - Ali Abdelaziz on Kayla Harrison

paulopasta
paulopasta

02.12.2023 | 11:51 AM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 7 of 11 Winners, 2 Perfect, 440 Points   |   Tied for 1479th

Andrade vs. Blanchfield
Jéssica Andrade, DEC
This is one of those cases where I’m gonna be rooting heavily for Blanchfield. I’m a huge fan of her and I can most definitely see her as a future champion, it’s just inevitable. But right now I think Andrade takes it, it won’t be dominant but she’s gonna be very hard to takedown and on the feet there’s only a couple women who can hang with her and Erin isn’t one of them I don’t think. I see it being 48-47 or 49-46

Pauga vs. Wright
Zac Pauga, TKO, R1
It’s a Jordan Wright fight, it’s gonna be a finish either way but I don’t see it happening any other way than the former heavyweight in Pauga absolutely smashing him

Knight vs. Prachnio
Marcin Prachnio, TKO, R3
Another close fight, I think if Knight wins it’s gonna be a 1st round KO. If Prachnio wins he’s gonna take him out late, I’ll go with the ladder

Parisian vs. Pogues
Jamal Pogues, DEC
Initially went with KO but decision will probably be the case. Parisian is so low level Alan Baudot almost knocked him out 4 separate times before gassing. Pogues should cruise

Miller vs. Hernandez
Jim Miller, TKO, R2
Honestly this one is so hard to call, but I feel like if I pick Hernandez he’s just gonna burn me like he burns is gas tank in the 1st round. In that 1st round he’s a top 10 caliber lightweight but after that he falls off a steep cliff. Old man Miller is still hanging on and I think he can get a comeback TKO

Ronderos vs. Carpenter
Clayton Carpenter, TKO, R2
Carpenter is more impressive than Ronderos everywhere, I think he’s gonna make a statement with the debut

Länsberg vs. Bueno Silva
Mayra Bueno Silva, DEC
This just seems like cruel matchmaking. Bueno Silva is actually pretty solid at 135

St. Preux vs. Lins
Ovince St. Preux, DEC
I’m not a believer in lins man. He’s just not very good. OSP hasn’t looked much better but I think he can eek out a decision

Fletcher vs. Gorimbo
AJ Fletcher, TKO, R1
Gorimbo is just not it. Fletcher is better than you would think he is, he’s got some great power, wrestling and heart when he needs it. The only thing he’s really lacking is cardio and striking defense. I don’t think Gorimbo will take advantage of either. 1st round KO

Emmers vs. Askhabov
Khusein Askhabov, DEC
Hard to say with this one, I’m not convinced with either guy really so I’m just gonna go with the guy with hype. That could very well backfire though as Emmers does have legit skills

Page 8

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMAFighting.com : Sergio Pettis vs. Kyoji Horiguchi 2 announced for RIZIN 47 in June
  • MMAFighting.com : Gegard Mousasi lashes out at PFL over lack of communication, refusal to book him since buying Bellator
  • MMA Junkie : PFL heads to Mohegan Sun, Salt Lake City, Sioux Falls for second half of 2024 regular season
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘Eventually he burns out’: Wilder only expects a strong first half from Zhang
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘Eventually he burns out’: Deontay Wilder only expects a strong first half from Zhilei Zhang
  • MMA Mania : Jake Paul’s $10 Million Offer ‘Still Stands’ For MMA Debut
  • MMA Junkie : Jake Paul offers Jorge Masvidal, Nate Diaz $10 million for MMA fight
  • MMAFighting.com : Morning Report: Robert Whittaker not sold on Bo Nickal after UFC 300, says he has ‘work to do’ before fighting Top 10
  • MMA Junkie : 2024 PFL 3 live results (7 p.m. ET): Welterweights, featherweights in Chicago
  • MMA Mania : Masvidal ‘Definitely’ Returning To UFC, But First...
  • MMAFighting.com : Devin Haney vs. Ryan Garcia weigh-in video at 2 p.m. ET.
  • Jits Magazine : ADXC 4: Ffion Davies And Morgan Black Face Each Other In The Grappling Co-Main Event
  • Jits Magazine : Stacked Tournaments Confirmed For Midwest Finishers 18
  • MMAFighting.com : PFL 3 Results: Koreshkov vs. Umalatov
  • MMA Mania : Midnight Mania: ‘I Decide Who, When, And Where’
  • MMA Mania : Muhammad Goes Off On Edwards And ‘Fakest Team I’ve Ever Seen’
  • MMA Junkie : Ryan Garcia has skill set to compete with Devin Haney. Does he have mindset?
  • MMAFighting.com : Max Holloway mocks Ilia Topuria’s demands for potential fight; Topuria responds
  • MMA Junkie : Henry Cejudo: Bo Nickal needs to hold his horses, 'maybe 10 fights away from possibly becoming UFC champion'
  • MMA Mania : Frenemies? ‘I Hate To See A Fighter Lose His Confidence’