Topic: Bellator MMA vs. RIZIN 1

Bellator MMA vs. RIZIN 1

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Tapology
Tapology
  • Predictions:  0  |  0.0%
  • Forum Posts:  32,948
  • Post Score: 47

10.26.2022 | 12:54 PM ET

The official Tapology discussion thread for the event!
Bellator MMA vs. RIZIN 1
  • Saturday 12.31.2022 at 05:00 AM ET
  • U.S. Broadcast: Showtime (tape-delayed)
  • Promotion: Bellator MMA
  • Ownership: Bellator Sport Worldwide, LLC
  • Co-Promoter: RIZIN Fighting Federation
  • Venue: Saitama Super Arena
  • Enclosure: Ring
  • MMA Bouts: 5
  • Promotion Links:
  • Event Links:
Bout   Info
AJ McKee Jr.   defeats   Roberto de Souza   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Patricio Pitbull   defeats   Kleber Koike Erbst   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Kyoji Horiguchi   defeats   Hiromasa Ougikubo   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds Bout Page
Juan Archuleta   defeats   Soo Chul Kim   via Decision, Split   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Gadzhi Rabadanov   defeats   Koji Takeda   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page

Responses Page 4

Hippie
Hippie

12.27.2022 | 11:58 AM ET

Predictions: 5 of 5 Winners, 3 Perfect, 325 Points   |   Tied for 359th

TWJake
TWJake
  • Predictions:  6,091  |  63.9%
  • Forum Posts:  2,492
  • Post Score: 338

12.27.2022 | 12:56 PM ET

Predictions: 3 of 5 Winners, 2 Perfect, 200 Points   |   Tied for 1148th

@Ayy well why don't they just do the same thing they did for Fedor vs Rampage? More bellator centric part of the card goes first and starts at like 9 and then the more rizin-y portion goes after that? Seems like an easy fix to me

"I know many a troops that I visit when I went to Iraq in 2005... 2-uh excuse me in 19-or.. 05' 06' 07' 08' 09' 2010 2011. I went from the Korwaiten border! All the way up to the Turkish border!" -Tito Ortiz

AyyLmaonnaise
AyyLmaonnaise
  • Predictions:  15,922  |  67.4%
  • Forum Posts:  32,039
  • Post Score: 88

12.27.2022 | 1:07 PM ET

Predictions: 3 of 5 Winners, 3 Perfect, 225 Points   |   Tied for 1055th

Well if they did Bellator x rizin at the start of the event, it would be 4 am est (since that’s when rizin 40 starts) so not much better🤣🤣🤣 

* Edited at 12.27.2022, 1:08 PM ET *

"“Unfortunately you can’t talk like that on FOX” - Joe Rogan"

frankfilthyjoji
frankfilthyjoji
  • Predictions:  2,855  |  64.7%
  • Forum Posts:  28
  • Post Score: 129

12.27.2022 | 1:26 PM ET

If you build it, they will come? or will they.

Bellator MMA and RIZIN FF are doing a horrible job promoting this card. Topology is the only reason i knew it was even happening.
TWJake
TWJake

12.27.2022 | 1:37 PM ET

@joji i really dont understand how people dont hear about this, if you follow either rizin or bellator at all then you should've known about this for weeks at least

"I know many a troops that I visit when I went to Iraq in 2005... 2-uh excuse me in 19-or.. 05' 06' 07' 08' 09' 2010 2011. I went from the Korwaiten border! All the way up to the Turkish border!" -Tito Ortiz

TWJake
TWJake

12.27.2022 | 1:40 PM ET

I thought RIZIN 40 starts at like midnight?? thats usually around when rizin events start if not earlier, doesnt seem like it would be a stretch for rizin to start with the bellator vs rizin portion a few hours earlier (like 10 est) and then just have an intermission for like an hour or two like there will be anyways

AyyLmaonnaise
AyyLmaonnaise

12.27.2022 | 1:46 PM ET

It says 4 am on tapology. I never watch rizin because of the time difference tho so I might be wrong 

TWJake
TWJake

12.27.2022 | 1:58 PM ET

So the fite tv event listed as "RIZIN 40" lists its start time as 11pm cst, and the fite tv event that is only listed in canada at the same price that also includes rizin vs bellator (they dont block vpns hint hint hint) lists its start time as 4 am cst, so im assuming that the rizin portion is at 11, ends around 2:30-3, intermission, and then rizin v bellator

AyyLmaonnaise
AyyLmaonnaise

12.27.2022 | 2:00 PM ET

Yeah that sounds accurate. Damn was really hoping to catch Bellator x rizin live

baremaras
baremaras
  • Predictions:  3,102  |  71.7%
  • Forum Posts:  1,757
  • Post Score: -18

12.27.2022 | 4:30 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 5 of 5 Winners, 1 Perfect, 275 Points   |   Tied for 715th

Pitbull vs. Koike Erbst
Patricio Pitbull, DEC
complete mismatch here and I find it hilarious that the odds jumped a tiny bit in Koike's favor the last couple of days, more free money for me I guess

for people wondering, this isn't the classic striker vs grappler match up that we've seen time and time again in MMA. this fight is quite literally an actual elite MMA fighter against a BJJ player with bad wrestling, bad striking defense, bad striking with his hands and semi-decent kicks.

starting with pitbull, he's going to be the significantly smaller fighter in this matchup - something that has basically been a theme his entire career. specifically this size disadvantage he's had to deal with for years though, has led him to develop incredible fight iq, elite distance management, willingness to control the center of the octagon at all times and at the same time unmatched ability to fight off his back foot. he can be described as one of the best if not the best fighter that's never fought in the UFC and adding on to that, quite possibly one of the most technical strikers ever and certainly one of the best counter punchers to ever fight in MMA.

after that preface, delving into the more technical aspects of his game helps us realize how good and technically sound he really is. looking at his fighting stance and guard, he has taken many things from various schools of striking and stirred them into the perfect mix. specifically, he has adopted a wide stance that's generally seen among brazilian fighters that have taken a liking to karate, offensively his guard pertains to the old school boxing guard (this guard has many weird names like the old english, irish fighting, bare knuckle stance etc etc) that many old school fighters like Rocky Marciano successfully used and defensively he's also very confident at occasionally using the high guard (this guard has been widely used and popularized by mexican boxers). on top of his very proficient and educated stance/guard, he also possesses decent head movement used to create multiple angles for his attacks and has developed really good hand-fighting and feints, nullifying his reach disadvantage. moving on to the strikes he likes to use and the attacks that his striking depends on, the check left hook is basically what his striking game has been almost entirely built on. he has become a master at knowing when to actually throw the check hook with the intent to land and when to throw it with the intent to feint and a logical continuation of having a ridiculously dangerous check left hook is massively increasing his chances of landing his patent counter right overhand/cross. touching a little bit more on the check left hook, he is absolutely elite at pulling off the MMA version of the "pull counter", which is basically him timing the step back perfectly against an opponent that's moving forward and lunging forward with a counter check left hook. additionally, because of how sophisticated and patient his striking has become, he likes to fill the void inbetween his attacks with nasty kicks to the calf - worth noting that he's way more successful with his leg kicks against southpaw stanced opponents. another addition to his striking that we've seen lately against McKee and Borics (two way taller opponents) are his massive strikes to the body. when it comes to his grappling and wrestling, he quite possily has the best anti-wrestling we've ever seen in MMA. elite takedown defense, elite scrambling, elite cagefighting, elite ability to reverse positions and even when he decides to offensively grapple, he still possses elite ability to take people down, elite ability to advance positions from half guard into potentially full mount and during scrambles he's very quick at taking people's backs and controlling them in back mount. a very striking example of how elite his grappling is are the McKee 2 and Archuleta fights. specifically, he made Archuleta - a D1 wrestler - look like an absolute amateur in the grappling exchanges, easily stuffing the vast majority of archuleta's takedowns, reversing him and either controlling him or getting close to threatening a submission.

moving on to the very few weaknesses that pitbull might have, the glaring weakness lies in his inability to defend a specific set of strikes at a high level. what I mean by that is that many times in the past his guard has been split in half by straight shots down the middle (more specifically, borics had success with the jab down the middle and mckee had success with the straight left down the middle). additionally, he has shown content with getting hit by kicks to his lead leg and body. lastly, his main signature submission - the guillotine - doesn't really have a high success rate against high level grapplers and IMO his age is slowly starting to creep up with his gas tank potentially having shown weakness in the 5th round against borics (this shouldnt matter much as hes fighting a 3 round fight against Koike).

when it comes to Koike, I personally do not rate him very high and I'll go as far as to say that every time he faces a high level wrestler, he gets dominated on the ground, an area which is supposed to be his domain (Gamrot absolutely battered him and a lot of his Rizin fights look like set ups of people willingly staying in Koike's guard, there's a reason why most of his submissions are triangles). his bjj is absolutely insane but that's about it. his striking defense is bad (in fairness to him, it was way worse in KSW but he's worked on it a tiny bit with his move to Rizin), his striking offense is basically super reliant on kicks but he lacks the speed, power and whipping factor behind them. additionally, his physique seems to have deteroriated a bit from his KSW days (this should be important as pitbull is going to end up being the way stronger fighter) and his wrestling is basically non existent.

moving away from the generalities and focusing on the technicalities, Koike - even though not a very good striker - switches stances a lot and tries to confuse his opponent with unorthodox movements with his guard. he relies heavily on his kicking game but even then it can still be described as very one dimensional as he lacks large variety of kicks and basically falls back to 3-4 specific kicks. his best kick is the front teep kick to either the body or the face and he executes at an above average level the right high kick and the right leg kick. on top of his lack of variety of kicks, another reason his kicking game can be described as one dimensional is his inability to properly position his guard each time he throws kicks. specifically, he very blatantly drops both of his hands but even moreso his left hand (making himself open for the counter right - something that pitbull is an absolute expert at recognizing and executing) each time he throws a kick. his standup game, aside from his kicks, can basically be boiled down to either expecting you to lung at him and him trying to clinch you up using your momentum against you or him lunging at you, failing to land and then either pulling guard and trying to submit you or eating a shot and pretending to be hurt expecting you to follow him down into his guard. lastly, concerning his striking, he has absolutely terrible footwork and literally has to resort to dragging his feet on the mat. touching a bit more on his takedown ability and wrestling, his ability to wrestle is basically non existent and the vast vast majority of his """takedowns"""" come from either him pulling guard or what we call o-goshi in bjj, basically a modified hip throw.

my prediction for this matchup is pretty straight forward. I expect an absolute domination and potentially a stoppage by Pitbull (not banking on the stoppage as there might be a lot of clinching plus Koike has shown to have a great chin and Pitbull has been way too patient with his striking lately). Pitbull has the skillset to absolutely nullify any threat that Koike possesses. he has the grappling ability to avoid the ground with Koike and I'll go as far as to say he has the wrestling ability to even do some damage on the ground (I wouldn't suggest this route for Pitbull but the skillset is there). he also has the striking prowess to avoid any potential kicking threats from Koibe (Koibe specifically only throws kicks with his right leg aka towards pitbull's left side while pitbull only slightly dips his head to the right side - which is how McKee caught him - so I'll be very surprised if any high kicks even land clean for Koibe)

* Edited at 12.27.2022, 4:49 PM ET *

DCpredictions
DCpredictions
  • Predictions:  1,644  |  59.4%
  • Forum Posts:  842
  • Post Score: 141

12.27.2022 | 7:20 PM ET

Is this really only 5 fights
TWJake
TWJake

12.27.2022 | 7:27 PM ET

Think of this being the main card and RIZIN 40 being the prelims

Rah123
Rah123
  • Predictions:  1,239  |  66.0%
  • Forum Posts:  6,471
  • Post Score: -57

12.28.2022 | 5:13 AM ET

Bananas

Thank you for your wisdom.

I agree that this should be a shoutout for Pitbull. But I am going for a decision here rather than a finish.

"Positivity is a positive"

UNDER SURVEILLANCE
UNDER SURVEILLANCE
  • Predictions:  15,812  |  65.9%
  • Forum Posts:  2,057
  • Post Score: 65

12.28.2022 | 12:35 PM ET

"Meat on the Table"

Predictions: 2 of 5 Winners, 1 Perfect, 125 Points   |   Tied for 1312th

WWE Ryback banned unused heel theme & Titantron. youtube

"It doesn't matter what part of the world we are from. We are brothers and sisters together as one." kjh Home of the Michigan Tech Huskies, Copper Kings and Portage Lake Pioneers! Go Teams!

baremaras
baremaras

12.28.2022 | 2:36 PM ET

officially excluding archuleta from my parlays

not because I dont think he's going to win, I just doubt he's had a significant serious camp leading up to this fight and judging from the footage leading up to the fight of him, he cares more about putting on a show for the fans than actually winning the fight as convincingly and as easily as possibly
Rah123
Rah123

12.28.2022 | 4:07 PM ET

Bananas

Oh he is one of those is he? Damn. I will definitely be avoiding him then. He is also a little older now if memory serves me, and I am not sure how disciplined his weight cut etc will be. Scratch him off the list.

Similarly, I don't trust AJ McKee. Never have, never will. Always thought he was arrogant and over hyped. Will he likely win? Sure. But I would not put it past him to try to take it to the ground against Souza to show off how much of a better grappler he is.

And if there is one thing you don't do against Souza, that's take it to the ground. From what I've seen of him his BJJ is phenomenal 

Hippie
Hippie

12.28.2022 | 4:12 PM ET

Rah123
Rah123

12.28.2022 | 4:16 PM ET

Bananas

We must guide these poor souls on Tap. You, me and Andrew. It's the new year and we must help them. Most of them are poor like JoshJeffords and JR. We must try to support this charity and help them avoid poverty in the new year. 

baremaras
baremaras

12.28.2022 | 4:31 PM ET

only our chiseled shoulders are strong enough to carry the heavy burden of tapology bums.

I don't know if you're keeping up with Jewish news but, apparently, there's this huge buzz about the Jews potentially having found their Messiah in Israel. my initial thoughts to the potential of that happening is that's good and all but what about tapology? why isn't tapology making international news headlines and breaking news all across the world for having found their own Messiah, none other than me, you and andrew. 

I feel like we need to tighten up our marketing skills and expand our influence on a broader scale because our appearance and our presence on tapology is just as important if not more important than the jewish people having found their Messiah.  thank god that time doesn't stop and we can finally achieve this goal in the blessed year of 2023, along with making a **** ton of more money.

god bless everyone

* Edited at 12.28.2022, 4:33 PM ET *

TWJake
TWJake

12.28.2022 | 5:06 PM ET

got a video i made for this event thats rendering right now, i think its really good but im a little biased

Page 4

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Middle Easy : Jiri Prochazka Doubles Down On Callout For Alex Pereira Rematch At UFC 301: ‘I Think I Deserve It’
  • Middle Easy : Ryan Garcia Goes Off On Logan Paul For Child Trafficking Comments, Claims He Will ‘Destroy’ Paul In Boxing Match
  • MMA Junkie : Max Holloway's coach breaks down matchup against 'oversized bantamweight' Ilia Topuria
  • MMAFighting.com : Lyoto Machida ‘already breathing fire’ after Luke Rockhold callout, interested in Karate Combat rematch
  • MMA Mania : ‘It’s Crazy That Something Like This Is Happening At This Level’
  • MMA Junkie : Islam Makhachev's coach: 'Biggest threat' Justin Gaethje no longer in UFC title picture
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘Whoever wants to fight Ryan, he feels comfortable at 144’: De La Hoya talks next steps for Garcia
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘Whoever wants to fight Ryan, he feels comfortable at 144’: Oscar De La Hoya talks next steps for Ryan Garcia
  • MMA Mania : Double Champ Islam Next? ‘I Already Beat All These Guys’
  • MMAFighting.com : Justin Gaethje: It’ll be ‘6 months, at least, before I get back to taking shots’ after UFC 300 loss
  • MMA Junkie : Manon Fiorot open to Maycee Barber fight – but only if interim UFC flyweight title at stake
  • MMA Junkie : Arman Tsarukyan fires back at Michael Chandler: 'You are just waiting for a paycheck'
  • MMAFighting.com : Islam Makhachev not interested in Max Holloway matchup: ‘Maybe if he wins his next fight’
  • Bad Left Hook : PODCAST: How much credit does Ryan Garcia deserve for beating Devin Haney?
  • Middle Easy : Israel Adesanya Reflects on His Iconic Rivlary with Alex Pereira: ‘I Just Knew That I Can Beat This Guy’
  • MMA Junkie : Mike Perry lauds Max Holloway for being in phenomenal shape compared to Justin Gaethje
  • MMA Mania : Arman Erodes ‘Iron’ Critique With ‘Exciting’ Rebuttal
  • MMA Mania : UFC Vegas 92 Gets ‘Old School Boxing Poster’
  • Middle Easy : Islam Makhachev Plans to Challenge Welterweight Champ Leon Edwards Following UFC 302 Title Fight with Dustin Poirier
  • MMA Junkie : UFC's Stephen Thompson agrees that Michael Page 'could possibly be a very boring fight'