Topic: UFC Fight Night

UFC Fight Night: Strickland vs. Imavov

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Tapology
Tapology
  • Predictions:  0  |  0.0%
  • Forum Posts:  32,824
  • Post Score: 47

09.23.2022 | 7:20 PM ET

The official Tapology discussion thread for the event!
UFC Fight Night
Bout   Info
Sean Strickland   defeats   Nassourdine Imavov   via Decision, Unanimous   5 Rounds, 25:00 Total Bout Page
Dan Ige   defeats   Damon Jackson   via KO/TKO, Left Hook   4:30 Round 2 of 3, 9:30 Total Bout Page
Roman Kopylov   defeats   Punahele Soriano   via KO/TKO, Punches   3:19 Round 2 of 3, 8:19 Total Bout Page
Raquel Pennington   defeats   Ketlen Vieira   via Decision, Split   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Umar Nurmagomedov   defeats   Raoni Barcelos   via KO/TKO, Left Hook   4:40 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Javid Basharat   defeats   Mateus Mendonça   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Abdul Razak Alhassan   defeats   Claudio Ribeiro   via KO/TKO, Punches   0:28 Round 2 of 3, 5:28 Total Bout Page
Mateusz Rębecki   defeats   Nick Fiore   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Allan Nascimento   defeats   Carlos Hernandez   via Submission, Rear Naked Choke   3:16 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Dan Argueta   defeats   Nick Aguirre   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Charles Johnson   defeats   Jimmy Flick   via KO/TKO, Ground and Pound   4:33 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page

Responses Page 78

DamienHandel420
DamienHandel420
  • Predictions:  5,766  |  66.8%
  • Forum Posts:  7,536
  • Post Score: 262

01.13.2023 | 5:12 PM ET

Tommorow losers

Predictions: 8 of 11 Winners, 4 Perfect, 565 Points   |   Tied for 283rd

"Quack quack quack"

Hippie
Hippie

01.13.2023 | 5:16 PM ET

^ 🦆

Predictions: 9 of 11 Winners, 1 Perfect, 505 Points   |   Tied for 642nd

I’m still changing around picks..

JoshZucconi
JoshZucconi
  • Predictions:  0  |  0.0%
  • Forum Posts:  17
  • Post Score: 35

01.13.2023 | 5:21 PM ET

Coming back from a month long break and we get a 11 fight card. Best promotion in the world btw. ******* pathetic. 8 fights fell off cause these undisciplined **** ass fighters got fat as **** over the holidays and couldn’t cut the weight so they just straight up withdraw or fake an injury. Both fighters and the UFC need to get their fckin **** together what a garbage ass promotion and apparently they’re making record profits then ******* use some of it you ****s 
Hippie
Hippie

01.13.2023 | 5:25 PM ET

^

Predictions: 9 of 11 Winners, 1 Perfect, 505 Points   |   Tied for 642nd

@JoshZucconi
Well said.. 🤬
Rah123
Rah123
  • Predictions:  1,227  |  65.9%
  • Forum Posts:  6,412
  • Post Score: -57

01.13.2023 | 5:34 PM ET

Predictions: 9 of 11 Winners, 5 Perfect, 640 Points   |   Tied for 55th

Why has bet365 taken down MMA

"Positivity is a positive"

paulopasta
paulopasta

01.13.2023 | 5:37 PM ET

Predictions: 9 of 11 Winners, 4 Perfect, 620 Points   |   Tied for 82nd

Probably because of Krause bum ass
Rah123
Rah123

01.13.2023 | 5:44 PM ET

Zucchini

This card is a joke. It's saved somewhat by the fact there are a few good fights and that Strickland never says no.

After a month. A whole month. This is what the UFC gives us? 11 fights? First card of 2023? Disgraceful. 

The UFC does not care about It's fighters. Whats becoming obvious is that it does not care about It's paying customers either. And apart from Fight pass from this year Ive stopped paying. Screw them.

Really glad Jake Paul has joined the PFL and is pushing that promotion. I really hope it takes off because I can see a lot of people starting to migrate that way. Sure as hell a lot of fighters will. There are only so many nameless Russians and Brazilians who you can get invested in and the watering down of the quality of the UFC is turning me off it. I don't want to watch a PPV main csrd with DWCS and Cage Warriors fighters on it. I'm definitely not paying for that ****. Because the ESPN deal demands quantity  the UFC has forgotten what we tune it to see... real stars. Not juiced up trash cans from regional circuits

* Edited at 01.13.2023, 5:46 PM ET *

Mothswords
Mothswords
  • Predictions:  2,516  |  63.6%
  • Forum Posts:  2,255
  • Post Score: 151

01.13.2023 | 5:59 PM ET

Predictions: 8 of 11 Winners, 2 Perfect, 465 Points   |   Tied for 1099th

Gee who would have guessed Eubanks would have pulled out cutting to 125?? What a pathetic old lesbian that +200 on cachoeira was easy $$
Jodra
Jodra
  • Predictions:  38  |  68.4%
  • Forum Posts:  224
  • Post Score: 88

01.13.2023 | 6:12 PM ET

Rah123

Injuries and **** happen. You can just not watch the card. No need to be this mad over it.
spamthecalfkick
spamthecalfkick
  • Predictions:  125  |  54.4%
  • Forum Posts:  14
  • Post Score: 21

01.13.2023 | 6:27 PM ET

Predictions: 6 of 11 Winners, 3 Perfect, 390 Points   |   Tied for 2291st

Flick absolutely looked like a ghost, makes me confident Charles will get the KO.
Parlaying Charles by KO, Argueta, Nascimento, and Basharat.
DamienHandel420
DamienHandel420
  • Predictions:  5,766  |  66.8%
  • Forum Posts:  7,536
  • Post Score: 262

01.13.2023 | 6:32 PM ET

Predictions: 8 of 11 Winners, 4 Perfect, 565 Points   |   Tied for 283rd

Beside Sijara, becuase it 100% her fault why she not fighting, The rest of the fighter shouldn’t get criticised for getting injured, **** just happen when you training for a fist fights, so many keyboard warrior getting mad lol

Also, I think Mayo called it 2 weeks ago that Sijara would miss weight also

* Edited at 01.13.2023, 6:36 PM ET *

"Quack quack quack"

Javerys22
Javerys22
  • Predictions:  389  |  61.4%
  • Forum Posts:  490
  • Post Score: 66

01.13.2023 | 6:36 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 8 of 11 Winners, 3 Perfect, 520 Points   |   Tied for 554th

Strickland vs. Imavov
Sean Strickland, DEC
Sean will keep the pressure and put Nassourdine on the Blackfoot. I only see Imavov taking this via KO. both gas tanks will be questionable. Sean will be vulnerable to the overhand right and left hook of Imavov.

Argueta vs. Aguirre
Daniel Argueta, DEC
VERY live dawg here. Has the reach advantage with a solid jab. Great ideas on the floor.This is a tough task for Argueta's style. Nick is very quick to grab the neck off the double. Love this matchup. Argueta will have the strength advantage but will need to be conservative and composed on the feet.

" “Failure is only the opportunity to begin again. Only this time, more wisely.” – Uncle Iroh"

Rah123
Rah123

01.13.2023 | 7:33 PM ET

Jodra and Ducksuck

So after a month off for the holidays you go back to your office. And find out all the chairs are gone. And your manager comes and says... sorry guys... the chairs broke...we had a whole month off to plan for a way to fix it.. but we don't give a **** about you. You can work on the floor. Or here's one nice remaining chair. But you have to pay for it. Hope you guys are happy with the new arrangement.

If you have a month off to plan... and you don't make backup plans or have alternate arrangements for the first card of the year, knowing that fights are going to fall off then you are utterly incompetent. Or you just don't care about the fans who support you. 

Basically... don't be a dumbass suckup. Take Dana's cucumber out of your mouth before he slaps you for being his submissive *****

* Edited at 01.13.2023, 7:37 PM ET *

AyyLmaonnaise
AyyLmaonnaise
  • Predictions:  15,811  |  67.4%
  • Forum Posts:  31,962
  • Post Score: 87

01.13.2023 | 7:41 PM ET

Predictions: 9 of 11 Winners, 1 Perfect, 520 Points   |   Tied for 548th

@damien sijara missing weight or pulling out is as predictable as the sunrise🤣

"“Unfortunately you can’t talk like that on FOX” - Joe Rogan"

Eidolon
Eidolon
  • Predictions:  656  |  61.1%
  • Forum Posts:  9
  • Post Score: -111

01.13.2023 | 7:45 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 7 of 11 Winners, 2 Perfect, 425 Points   |   Tied for 1644th

Razak Alhassan vs. Ribeiro
Claudio Ribeiro, TKO, R3
someones getting knocked out.

"“There’s three things in life that excite me: a woman, dinosaurs, and the violence of the Octagon.” Georges St-Pierre, April 2016"

Draco22
Draco22
  • Predictions:  1,073  |  61.1%
  • Forum Posts:  13
  • Post Score: 31

01.13.2023 | 7:55 PM ET

Weight cut issues lmao

Predictions: 5 of 11 Winners, 0 Perfect, 280 Points   |   Tied for 3512th

Why they didn't jus make this a catch weight at 130 Eubanks can't make 125 no more and catch a beatin been at 135 anyway smh
RustyTennakoon
RustyTennakoon
  • Predictions:  1,464  |  67.8%
  • Forum Posts:  2,816
  • Post Score: 141

01.13.2023 | 7:56 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 8 of 11 Winners, 4 Perfect, 590 Points   |   Tied for 187th

Strickland vs. Imavov
Sean Strickland, DEC
Welcome to 2023... this card should be a smash spot. Main event is one that gives me a little pause. I really rate Imavov... but as a striker he does not seem to finish anyone. And he relies a lot on his grappling without having very good wrestling. His volume isn't great and I think Sean has the better boxing. Imavov needs more distance I feel and Sean will pressure him and walk forward. This could be a problem and if Imavov gets pushed back and fights off the back foot I could see him gassing out over 5 rounds. The question to me is can he win 3 rounds before he loses 2 at the back end? I think Sean is a real test for him and I am actually going to pick him to win. This will be close though. So could be another really crappy split decision where the judges all score it the opposite to how everyone else has it. Welcome to the new year.

Ige vs. Jackson
Dan Ige, TKO, R2
I think this will not be close. Ige is a black belt so I think he will stay safe on the ground even if he gets taken down. On the feet Ige is going to piece him up. Jackson is not on his level I feel and I think there is a lot of recency bias when you look at who he has fought and won against. Ige on the other hand is legit. I see him working the body and head and keeping it standing or getting up quickly and finishing Damon in the later rounds with body shots.

Soriano vs. Kopylov
Punahele Soriano, DEC
Another interesting fight. Kopylov is the better striker and has decent take down defence. But if he gets taken down he seems lost on the ground. The question to me is will Puna wrestle. If he will I think he wins this. If not it will be close and I could see Kopylov's boxing taking over in the later rounds. But overall I think Puna has the better MMA game.

Vieira vs. Pennington
Ketlen Vieira, DEC
Viera is bigger, younger, probably stronger and more skilled. I think she takes a fairly clear decision here.

Nurmagomedov vs. Barcelos
Umar Nurmagomedov, TKO, R3
Poor Raoni

Abdul Razak Alhassan, TKO, R2
I don't see what everyone else sees in Ribeiro. Maybe this fight will show it to me. But as of now I think he has sloppy striking, is hittable and has a questionable ground game. I would not be surprised one bit if AlHassan took this to the ground early and often. And on the feet I think he will outstrike Ribeiro and get finish, though I think it will be later than most expect

Rębecki vs. Fiore
Mateusz Rębecki, TKO, R2
Rebecki is going to smash here. He is the real deal.

Mendonça vs. Basharat
Javid Basharat, SUB, R3
Bottom line, I do not rate Mendonca. I think he is middling average at best. Basharat on the other hand... he is something. Mendonca will gas out and Basharat will finish him late.

Nascimento vs. Hernandez
Allan Nascimento, DEC
Nascimento is very skilled and Hernandez does not have good wrestling defence. On the feet I think it will be close. But Nascimento is a level above in my opinion.

Argueta vs. Aguirre
Nick Aguirre, SUB, R3
Ok I am going to take a bit of a flier here. I like Nick. I think he comes from a good camp, has good wrestling and excellent BJJ. I am not a fan of Argueta though he is a tough SOB. I could be wrong here but I am going for a short replacement upset. In my view the UFC knows that Argueta is not that good... and they set up a fight with Dulgarian who is the real star. And now after the pull out I still think Nick could pull this off too.

Flick vs. Johnson
Charles Johnson, TKO, R1
Johnson by however he choses. If he actually pulls the tigger.

WastelandWanderer
WastelandWanderer
  • Predictions:  155,871  |  66.6%
  • Forum Posts:  13,491
  • Post Score: 130

01.13.2023 | 8:50 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 8 of 11 Winners, 4 Perfect, 500 Points   |   Tied for 721st

Strickland vs. Imavov
Sean Strickland, DEC
Damn Sean could be bust with a loss here

Ige vs. Jackson
Dan Ige, DEC
1-4 in last 5 vs 4-1... I dunno about this, maybe Aloha Strong

Soriano vs. Kopylov
Punahele Soriano, TKO, R2
Aloha Strong

Vieira vs. Pennington
Ketlen Vieira, DEC
Im a big Rocky fan but Viera is in her Brazilian bully phase

Umar Nurmagomedov, DEC
Probably the next champion?

Claudio Ribeiro, TKO, R1
Someone probably going down

Rębecki vs. Fiore
Mateusz Rębecki, DEC
Husaria

Mendonça vs. Basharat
Javid Basharat, DEC
Someones 0

Nascimento vs. Hernandez
Allan Nascimento, DEC
Both 5 ft 8 flyweights not much meat on the bone

Argueta vs. Aguirre
Daniel Argueta, DEC
I got Argueta in Pink Panther's game

Flick vs. Johnson
Charles Johnson, DEC
Johnson is a beast and true athlete, I bet he will challenge for the fly title after a year or 2 from now, if Flick wins its a huge setback though

* Edited at 01.13.2023, 8:55 PM ET *

"I am the greatest blonde man in the world. I am Tru Viking." - Alexander Gustaffsson / "The world must bow to my glory. I am a God amongst mortals. They must pay me tribute in wine and concubine for my deeds." - Jon Jones "

Jbustan
Jbustan
  • Predictions:  1,472  |  65.6%
  • Forum Posts:  918
  • Post Score: 45

01.13.2023 | 8:54 PM ET

Predictions: 9 of 11 Winners, 2 Perfect, 555 Points   |   Tied for 293rd

Finally got my picks done
JrKMcCoyT
JrKMcCoyT

01.13.2023 | 9:02 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 5 of 9 Winners, 0 Perfect, 265 Points   |   Tied for 3620th

Strickland vs. Imavov
Nassourdine Imavov, DEC
MD.

Raoni Barcelos, TKO, R2
Flying knee.

Mendonça vs. Basharat
Javid Basharat, TKO, R1
NC, should’ve been a single blow front kick KO.

Page 78

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Mania : LIVE! Chicago Highlights, Streaming Updates TONIGHT!
  • MMAFighting.com : Ryan Garcia chugs beer after badly missing weight, chaos overtakes final Devin Haney faceoff
  • MMA Mania : Mega Prospect Ready For UFC Call Up
  • MMA Junkie : Belal Muhammad fueled by Leon Edwards title fight delay, things getting personal: 'I hate his guts'
  • Middle Easy : Exclusive: Alex Perez Details Why Steve Erceg Got UFC Title Shot Over Muhammad Mokaev
  • MMA Mania : Garcia Chugs A Beer, Stares Down Fired-Up Haney
  • Bad Left Hook : Terence Crawford to face Israil Madrimov for WBA title at 154
  • MMAFighting.com : Devin Haney vs. Ryan Garcia weigh-in video
  • MMA Junkie : Photos: 2024 PFL 3 ceremonial weigh-ins, fighter faceoffs
  • MMAFighting.com : PFL newcomer Goiti Yamauchi inspired by Ronaldo in recovery from gruesome knee injury
  • MMA Junkie : MMA promotion adds bonus inspired by Max Holloway's UFC 300 knockout, and it's pretty wild
  • MMA Junkie : Daniel Cormier: Michael Chandler 'not driving the sales' in Conor McGregor fight, unlikely to get PPV points
  • Middle Easy : Jake Paul Lays Down $10 Million MMA Challenge to Nate Diaz and Jorge Masvidal: ‘I Want Either One’
  • MMA Mania : Garcia Misses Weight In Latest Circus Stunt
  • MMAFighting.com : Devin Haney vs. Ryan Garcia weigh-in video live now
  • Bad Left Hook : Charlo invokes right to Madrimov title fight
  • Jits Magazine : Free Fight Friday: Renato Canuto vs Damon Morgan
  • MMA Junkie : Nate Diaz sued by Rodney Petersen over 2023 New Orleans street fight
  • MMA Junkie : Nate Diaz sued by 'Not Logan Paul' Rodney Petersen over 2023 New Orleans street fight
  • MMA Mania : LIVE! Haney Vs Garcia Official Weigh Ins!